Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Laura,
Hope you get caught up on your rest & looking forward to hearing more about the contact lenses.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #692
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Going to rant now......so you can skip if you want !!!

I have been asking for a fence in back yard for Allie ( and Shelby now too ) for YEARS. We are on 5 acres and DH doesn't want a fence, he wants it to stay "country" .....
Allie is on a 30 ft cable when outside cause she runs off and won't come back. SHe minds so good except to come when we tell her to......the most important one DH is super paranoid that she will go to road and get hit or someone might take her. He loves, loves, loves his girl ! So do I.

Well about 2 yrs ago, Allie took off and her cable ( that has a plastic cover over the metal ) caught me around the ankle and sliced me open all the way around my ankle. It hurt so bad !! I went to my knees outside !

So, I am very very careful walking around that cable and make sure Shelby walks around it and am paranoid she will get caught in it !

When it stopped raining yesterday the guys took off to go golfing and I was taking out the trash, and Allie was laying on concrete by back door. THEN she saw a squirrel and took off like a rocket !!! And , caught my ankle and foot !! Yanked me forward, I dropped the trash and bent my pinky toe and 4th toe back - took skin off - yanked my leg and back ...I almost fell on the concrete

I was livid. my ankle was swollen and felt like a fresh burn.....toe swollen and sore ( not broken ) . I called DH and sent him pics on his phone and told him I will NOT use that &*(&(^ cable anymore. She either runs loose or I get a fenced backyard for her...... I took a Flexeril and went to bed at 5:30 ! I was so pissed !!
My back and right leg hurt plus my foot/ankle issues !

Better today, but I'm not sure I can even put on a tennis shoe cause the area that is cut and swollen is where it will rub on my tennis shoe. And that means no walking , I have shopping we need to do...these are our last days off before trip and I was supposed to go eat/ see a movie with a friend today !!

Rant over ............. I feel better

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry you got hurt!
Hope you're able to get around & do the things you need to do. (and that you get a new fence)!
Have a blessed day!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #694
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Feel better Laura
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #695
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
OMG, Laura. That is so dang dangerous! I highly recommend installing an underground fence. It doesn't spoil the view and it keeps the dog from leaving the perimeter. However, it does not work on kids and any other creature can come in. But you can dispense with the darn cable and tie-out she's attached to once and for all.

Not saying it's better that it happened to you and not your granddaughter but can you imagine how she would have been injured if it was her who was caught in the bite? I hope you can talk DH into installing an underground fence when you get back from your trip.

It will take time to teach the dog where the fence is. You have to place little flags all along and put the radio collar on her, then take her on a leash and show her the flags and let her hear the audio signal that she's getting too close. Any closer to the boundary and she'll get a zap. My dog got used to the one over here but it took a while. It's a real blessing.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm really sorry that happened to you. Stick to your guns and don't take no for an answer!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #696
Blabbermouth!!!

It's better today, just really sore and still swollen. Tried to upload some pics from my phone but they wouldn't download to computer.

Yes, he would probably go for that. I'll work on him

Went to chiro, back was already sore from all those shifts, but really was hurting after getting yanked and almost falling. She is amazing ! I feel so much better

Layed out in backyard for about 30 minutes.

Took some food and donated it - 2 HEB bags running over. Someone I know put on FB about a single mom and 3 kids ( 1 has leukemia ) that were really struggling and needed help. Feels good to help and I wasn't using any of that stuff anyway !

Need to run and try on my tennis shoes, if I can wear them gonna walk Allie. Scattered thunderstorms today ...... don't want to miss my walk if I don't have to !

ttyl !!

Thanks for all the support you guys give me ! Means a lot.......
Old 08-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #697
Big Yapper!

Enjoy your walk with Allie!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #698
Blabbermouth!!!

We did . It's super hot and muggy with thunder all around, but we got it done ! The upper edge of my shoe is about 1/4 inch from the sore spot ! yay !

Brought up the electric fence when DH and BIL came to shower and then go golfing.....
(what a rough life)

Having fajitas for supper . DH will cook them

Have a good day off Cheryl !

Scale was 142.2 today ---- I really thought it would be waaay down. Yesterday I had 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast and 1 hb egg and a piece of celery at lunch and NO supper
Oh well...... tomorrow's another day !
Old 08-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #699
Blabbermouth!!!

Did my arm weights and leg lifts ..BIL has clothes hanging on pilates chair in DS2's room so I didn't move them.

Going tomorrow to swim and play at the clubhouse where DS1 has a lot. It's really beautiful and Shelby will be there too ! It's like a resort .....
Old 08-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #700
Big Yapper!

Sounds lovely! Have a great time. Glad the shoe missed the sore spot and hope DH hears you about the fence. Very stormy down there right now! I hate humidity. Doesn't it suck?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #701
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes it does !! I hate it !

And contacts are working out good Wore them all day today !!

Hope you all had a great day !
Old 08-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry about your getting hurt. Poor pooch, its hard on them being tied up too... not so sure an underground fence is the safest though. My SIL had one & when her dogs saw something really exciting they just charged through it... then they wouldn't come back in, because of the pain. On the other hand, my sister has one & her dog is scared to death to go past the boundaries, don't think I've ever heard of it getting out... they hired a guy to put it in & he trained the dog to the fence.

Glad you were able to walk with your sore foot. Swimming will be fun & good exercise too!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #703
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby I wondered about that too...... she's had this 30' cord - she can go in any direction 30' -- and she knows when to stop when running after a squirrel or bird that she sees. I would feel terrible if she started running after one or a ball we threw and got "zapped" ~~ we'll see what we end up doing.

I did confess to dH last night in bed that I was in tears after that happened. My ankle felt like a fresh burn ~ a real burn ~ and it yanked so hard on my back it really hurt ~
He wasn't here and I was in bed when he got home. What a weenie I am

But he understands that we are going to do something ! I refuse to let this happen again, or heaven forbid, happen to Shelby !

Will walk again this morning. Not sure what time we are going swimming. It's an hour drive for me to get there. The guys are getting there by boat .
DH and I are both kinda ready for his DB to leave. Isn't that terrible ? lol !
We haven't hardly seen each other at all with me working an extra shift and him being here ........ guess we will fight the crowds sat and shop then. There will be terrible crowds with school starting !

Weight 142.4 today Very frustrating. I walked, did arm weights, did leg exercises.

Food yesterday :
1/2 ribeye and HB egg
1/2 ribeye and protein shake
small beef fajita salad ( didn't finish it ) 1 HB egg , 6 jalapeno poppers

Oh well ! Gonna eat celery and drink tons of water !

I am beginning to get worried that even if I eat clean on ship that i will gain ! I have been scouring the internet looking at menus for the on board restaurants and buffets......... hate worrying before

So glad to be off today ! Hoping you all have a Blessed day !
Old 08-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #704
Blabbermouth!!!

Don't know why when I plug my phone into my Mac laptop it won't upload any new pics to the computer ! Frustrating. ;/

Any ideas ladies ?

Off to walk in this Texas heat..........ugh.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #705
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, the swimming got cancelled. Kinda bummed cause I planned my day around it..... these days off are not going as planned at all !

DH says BIL wants to head down to bayshore and get some fresh shrimp and they might fry that for supper. Guess I'll break it to them when they get here that they will be doing that outside. I LOVE fried shrimp, but I'm going to roast some in the oven for me and I don't want all that fried smell smelling up the house........

Making some purple hull peas ( frozen from garden ) with bacon and onions later.

Dropped Allie off a minute ago at DS2's house. She needs to get used to it before we leave. She was panicked that I was leaving. Will go get her in a few hours. She needs to stay one night over there before then.

Ankle got really sore when I was walking. I guess it's drying up and it did rub some on side of shoe. I'll see how it feels tomorrow and decide if I'll walk then. Man, it was hot ! I left allie here and I got nauseated ~~~ took an ice cold shower when I got home and layed across bed. Can't wait for a little cooler weather !

Ok, enough of talking non stop ttyl !

Last edited by shelby'snana; 08-22-2013 at 12:19 PM..
Old 08-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #706
Big Yapper!!!!

When are you leaving for your cruise Laura? I have never been on one but I have heard people say that it is very easy to eat LC while on the ship.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
So sorry to hear about your injury. I hope everything heals up nicely before your trip.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #708
Blabbermouth!!!

jeanie we leave next Sun ! so so excited !! I work Mon - fri so we have to get everything ready and bought for trip in next 3 days.

cfine - thanks ! It's better

DH and BIL back from fishing. We are grilling shrimp on grill outside. Well, they are. BIL has had too much to drink ( as is his usual when here away from his wife ) ~ DH is stressed !!

Hope you all had a good day ! I was pretty bored today.......not many people on the boards and nothing on TV either . ;/
Old 08-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #709
Blabbermouth!!!

morning all !

BIL is gone !! Woke up to make him breakfast and he had already left I like him , but he drinks like a teenager when his wife isn't around. She's the BOSS.

My ankle must be "drying up" it kept me awake most of the night. Really sore and tender. I slathered it with lotion 1st thing this morning and it instantly felt better. Wish I had done that in the middle of the night

Weight 142.4 ....... Only 8 days left and I wanted to be 136 ~ now I'll be happy with 139...... I tried on the swim shorts that I wore last summer with a tankini top and they are TIGHT. Uh Oh .... I think 3-4 lbs would make the difference for me

We are either going shopping today or tomorrow. We haven't decided yet.

Hope you all have a great day !!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #710
Blabbermouth!!!

DH's testy about the fence. He doesn't want to have to mow / weed around it. !! Frustrating...

states he won't hire someone to do it.. "I'll just do it on my days off" Ugh..... we'll see.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Laura,
Good for you, got your home to yourselves again.

Hope you can get your shorts to fit good. Maybe pick up some that fit? You've done so well!

You're going to have so much fun on the cruise.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #712
Blabbermouth!!!

Finally remembered to look for Greek Goddess FULL FAT yogurt (plain) ~~ wow , what a difference ! I have been eating the 0% b/c that's what I found. This is so much thicker and richer !! YUM........

Try it if you like greek yogurt
Old 08-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #713
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby you find some of the cutest emoticons !! Yes, I will have fun on the cruise no matter what !! this is the most excited I've been in yrs ~~ the last few years have been pretty rough and I can't wait to 'escape' for a week and enjoy life !

How many cruises have you been on Debby ? Where did you go ?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you Laura, hope it doesn't make you miserable, wearing tight shorts!

I won a Carnival Caribbean Cruise, years ago. We went on a 7 day cruise around Cuba...Stops - Cozumel, Cayman Island, Jamaica. It was so fun! We never would of gone on one, but since it was free (flights to Florida & back included).

How do you eat the Greek Yogurt? Its pretty sour, hey? I was thinking about trying a GY day some day, will probably add cinnamon & sweetener to it.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #715
Blabbermouth!!!

WooHoo !!!

Weight 140.6 this morning !! i'm so excited !

Debby I eat my greek yogurt with berries and walnuts and a little sweetener OR I use 1/2 of a single packet of crystal light or something and stir that in.

I love it

If they are too tight still on Sat Debby, I will prob break down and buy some when we go to Houston.

Sat we are going to my Brother's ~~ i've told y'all I think that his son that is 16 has MD ~ he is now in a wheelchair for school and when not at home. So sad. Breaks my heart.
Anyway they are having a "service dog" trained for him ( takes 2 yrs ) and they will have the dog at their house that day so the whole family will be getting together to welcome "Gibson" to the family and to support dustin. DB is going to grill hamburgers and such.
We booked a hotel for that night so we don't have to drive all the way home and then the next morning get up and drive BACK to Galveston. DS2 will keep Allie while we are gone.

So, after we leave their house Sat afternoon we can pick up anything we still need. And we can't get on ship till at least 12:30 next day .

You pretty much went on same cruise we are going on !! Cool ! Did you snorkel ? I can't wait. Looks so fun
Old 08-24-2013, 08:38 AM   #716
Big Yapper!!!!

Way to go Laura! Those shorts will fit soon
Old 08-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #717
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful, Laura! Nice whoosh! Very excited for you about the cruise. Sorry your foot is bothering you so much at times. I really do recommend the underground fence. The dogs learn to avoid the fence and you can fence in a very large area. You said you have 5 acres, right? You don't have to fence the entire perimeter, just the part that you want to. Anyway, you'll figure something out.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting... same cruise! Ours was on a brand new non-smoking cruise ship. Perfect... except it would of been nice to be warned about the tipping that is required at the end of the trip. Carnival doesn't pay their help! So they tell you that you need to tip each person that's taking care of you, which they do a great job of, but... I know other cruise-lines build it into your price.
I did snorkel, in Cozumel (it was really cool)... then we walked over to see the dolphins & I stepped in a "hole" in the lawn... sprained my ankle ... it was a real pain dealing with that the rest of the cruise... couldn't do much when we stopped. But DH took the bicycle ride on Jamaica & really enjoyed that.

WTG on the wt loss! Good that you'll pick up another pair of shorts... hate to think of it wrecking how you feel while you're supposed to be having fun! (been there-done-that).

That's great about the service dog. Too bad they have to wait so long for it though.
Have an awesome time!! Is it today??? Saturday?
Old 08-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #719
Big Yapper!

I forgot to comment about the child and the service dog. So sad that he needs one but so wonderful that he'll be getting one.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:59 AM   #720
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Laura, congratulations on your weight loss! That is awesome. You will be at 136 in no time. And your cruise sounds fantastic. I am so sorry about your nephew and the MD -- he must be a very kid. I am sure that the service dog will make a big difference.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote