Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #661
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I used to take about 3 cool showers per day during Texas summers. I was never cleaner in my entire life. If you are "stopped up" then no wonder the scale is being stubborn. I'm surprised that the chia seeds alone don't keep things rolling. Do you soak them for about 15 minutes before swallowing them? When I take them, I put 1 T. in about 8 oz of either water or a Gatorade type of drink. In water, they get clumped up but they stay apart in the Gatorade.

Debby, I might be having a senior moment but where are you? You said you miss having your stuff around you. I am going to your journal next so I guess I'll find out what you meant over there. Are you on a trip?

Have a nice day, ladies. Laura, if you can't "get moving" by the end of today, take some MOM. If you get too bound up, you'll need something even stronger.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hang in there Laura! You're doing great!! Love your good attitude.

I'm home Cheryl, I was just saying that's how I feel too, like when I go to babysit, or something at someone else's home... (her son was bored).
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #663
Big Yapper!

Oh! Okay. Gotcha. I'm glad the toilet debacle didn't send you out of your home. What an ordeal!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #664
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Trying meat/eggs again today. Did have my almond milk /chia/psyllium this morning . Did good all day. Didn't feel bad this time either. Let's see what next few days brings Nice day at work too ! Bonus !!

Just took another spoonful of chia with water Cheryl. I eat so much fiber I can't believe it......... no tummy ache though.

Day 1 DONE night all !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #665
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hope you see that big whoosh soon Laura
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #666
Blabbermouth!!!

144.2 this am ..... at least it didn't go down !

Think I will do meat/eggs again today . i do have a few bites of broccoli at work, may eat that too. Not sure......

Drinking coffee , fixing to go walk so I'll have time for a COLD shower and time to get ready without rushing. I hate rushing !!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #667
Blabbermouth!!!

Back from walking. Something is biting me...... I have a red dot on my left shoulder, tummy, and several on my leg. I never saw a mosquito or anything. Wonder what it was cause they have been itching like crazy since yesterday !!

Cold shower and now drinking ice water. Takes me sooooo long to cool down.

When I worked as a mail carrier for years, I would come home and fill the bathtub with cold water and get a huge bowl of ice cream and get in and eat it !

I seriously sweated off lbs a day back then....walking all day in this heat was a killer and then I would get out and cook supper and play with the kids, take them to their games, etc.......Don't know where I got the energy.

have a great day everyone . There was a breeze blowing while I was walking !! Gasp ! I haven't felt a good breeze in forever !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 08-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #668
Big Yapper!

Yea for breezes!!! I am like you. I overheat and it takes a lot to cool down. I basically have to strip, stand in front of a fan that's blasting on high and then lay down until I stop sweating.

How long did you work as a letter carrier? I assumed you were always a nurse. How long since you graduated nursing school? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions. I was 28 when I began taking the nursing prereq's and graduated nursing school when I was 31.5. I was a late bloomer.

I'm glad day #1 was good. May the rest of your marathon-run days also be nice.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #669
Blabbermouth!!!

Home. Super tired. Got CRAZY about 9:45 and I didn't get to leave till almost 1 !! It was totally nuts !

Walked before work again and did stairs earlier at work when it wasn't busy. My thighs were burning......... need to get in shape !

Going to bed.ttyl !
Old 08-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #670
Blabbermouth!!!

morning

From your page Cheryl ~~~
Not sure where I confused you Cheryl, but I work 12-12 ~~ leave the house at 11 and get home about 1am.

I think maybe talking about going to Walmart at 12:30 or 1 ~~ not sure, but yep they are 12 hour shifts. Or 13 , or 14........you know the drill ;/

I worked for the post office for 15 yrs.! 8 carrying mail walking and 7 1/2 indoors at the counter . Hated them both. Quit and went to nursing school ( huge change ) when the boys were 9 & 14 I think. Graduated in 2001.
Then, I convinced DH to quit his security supervisor job and go back to school for his RN......then DS1 went to school ......then DS2 went to school. 12 years straight of paying tuition and books ( thank goodness all done at junior college ) ~~ really strained us financially , no student loans taken out. PTL !!

Really tired this am. No walking. Going to just do arm exercises and Pilates before I leave.

Good News ! Down to 143.0 this am ! I dreamed it would be and as I got on the scale i Said Lord please let it be down. WooHoo !!! It was ! PTL !

Praying for a good day. I know I will get tired if I don't get more sleep tonight. Hope I can leave on time

Have a great day !

ps ~~~ not feeling sick at all doing meat/egg last few days. I do have a protein shake/ yogurt with a few berries/walnuts ~~ for breakfast, I drink it on the way to work. Rest of day all meat/eggs
Will try to keep up for a few more days . It's working

Last edited by shelby'snana; 08-15-2013 at 07:48 AM..
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #671
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay Laura
Old 08-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Laura!
Hope your day goes well today too.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #673
Big Yapper!

You're moving along! PTL is right!!

Thanks for explaining about the mail carrier part of your life, nursing school, etc. Very cool that you changed careers "mid stream" as they say. I hope you always feel energized in your job as a nurse and that you can do it for the long run. I just couldn't make it work with all that happened in my personal life. I came to a great, big fizzle. Hopefully one day I can get cardioverted and back in the game.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #674
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 3 done. Home on time Have a wonderful night everyone !
Old 08-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #675
Blabbermouth!!!

morning All !

isn't it funny how addicting this site can be ? I check on y'all every morning to see how everyone is doing and at 1 am I'm back still checking how everyones day went ! Love my friends on here and feel like i know y'all so well <3

Woke up at 8 ~ had alarm set for 8:40 ~~ just snuggled with DH and got up . Drinking my coffee with CO and going to go walking in a bit.

Scale said.......drumroll ........... 142.4 !!!! wowsers , it's still working !
I had about 1 cup of leftover broccoli and a 1" piece of watermelon yesterday and wondered if it would affect anything ~ nope ! lol !

I feel good too........

Need to dry a load of clothes this morning and boil some more eggs. Will check back in a bit !
Old 08-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG!Yippee!!You're getting there!
I'm the same way Laura, its fun to catch up on my online friends!
I admire your dedication of getting out for your walk first thing in the morning! I know it promotes weight loss doing it then too. Facing another big day of work, it must be a challenge though!
Have a great day!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #677
Blabbermouth!!!

morning Debby !

Yes , Day 4 ..... feeling good though

DH's brother is coming Monday to stay for several days and they are going to get DH's mom out of assisted living and bring her here Monday ~~ I am working my extra shift that day so they can visit and eat out. They plan to do lots of fishing next week .

I am in denial that I need to get dressed and head out soon. Watching the weather channel. lol !

It was cooler this morning, but I was still sweating so bad by the time we stopped walking ! I get so hot so fast ! Always have.

Going to take greek yogurt/hwc/6 blackberries/5 strawberries mixed to eat on the way to work.
Have eggs and chicken at work and I think some sausage. When I get hungry I just grab an egg or a little sausage and keep going. Not making a big plate or anything and it seems to be helping me not eat too much or think about my food too much !

making my list of all the things we need to buy next week. They will be my last days off before trip, so I need to make sure we get everything so all we need to do is pack ! Can anyone tell I'm so flipping excited I can't hardly stand it ? I guess if you've traveled a lot it wouldn't be so exciting, but I haven't been able to........so it's exciting for me !

Have a wonderful Blessed day everyone !

Last edited by shelby'snana; 08-16-2013 at 08:36 AM..
Old 08-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #678
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's so cool that you get so excited about traveling. You're going to have so much fun!

That's cool that your DH went for the walk with you. Makes it a lot easier to do when you have someone to talk with.
I will be dusting & vacuuming today, making up the beds & getting ready for our company. Doing laundry now & built a fire. Its cold here today That should be good for drying the house out.
Have a fabulous day! Hope you have your favorite dr to work with.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #679
Blabbermouth!!!

It's cold there ?? Are you kidding me ?? Oh my gosh........ I can't believe that . wow .

Good day in the ER.....steady , but not too crazy.

DAY 4 DONE. ! 3 to go.........

Had the yogurt with berries and HWC this am ~~ then meat and eggs today. Ended up having another yogurt this evening. Will see if that affects anything. Just had celery sticks x3 with pimento cheese.

Going to bed now. Night all !
Old 08-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #680
Blabbermouth!!!

Pretty morning here A little bit cooler !

Not walking this morning , just doing some exercises inside.
Yesterday I walked and did the stairs at work too.

Getting tired now. I felt it this morning when I woke up.

mixed my almond milk/hwc/chia seeds to drink on the way to work.
Boiled some eggs, going to make tuna salad to take - chopped lettuce to eat it on. Just to change things up some.

Can't believe how much less food I am eating ! It's really nice.

Scale STS today but that's ok. I wondered since I had yogurt twice yesterday , even if it was a small amt.

day 5 --- hope it's a good one ! Hope you all enjoy your Saturday and make it a great day !
Old 08-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #681
Blabbermouth!!!

morning.. I'm tired........

Had to stay over at work till 1am...... the ER went NUTS about 8:30 and just got worse and worse !!
I had 2 critical pt's at the same time and one was a child ~~ stressful.
We ran our rear ends off !!

Food yesterday ( not much )
almond milk/ chia seeds and coffee with CO
1 hb egg
little bit of lunch meat
1 small bite of watermelon
about 1 cup of tuna with some lettuce
1 cup greek yogurt with crystal light in it

That's it ! What a shift....... was steady all day then when that hit, it just topped it off. My alarm had to wake me up out of a DEEP sleep ...... that never happens.

Maybe today will go more smoothly. praying ..... Fixing to go walk with Allie....did stairs ( up and down 3 flights ) two times yesterday. It seems to be getting a little easier .
Yay !

Scale : 142.0

Have a Blessed Sunday everyone !
Old 08-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #682
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, we are back from our walk, didn't make the whole mile, thought I heard bees buzzing in the trees down the road and I didn't want to be that far from home if it was. !! I can't run that fast ! Since DH got attacked, I'm listening for them

It was HOT ! Sticky ! I am washing a load of clothes and will do some arm weights before I leave.

Dh's brother comes tomorrow and I've been working.....house needs sweeping , dusting and vacuuming.....oh well ! I doubt he even notices.....he's a guy .

my DS1 has been here for 3 days working and I haven't seen or talked to him at all. Left him a post it note saying "sorry there was no food cooked and that I haven't visited with you at all" Not even sure he saw it. He leaves before 5 every morning......... I'll see him next week I guess !

May stop and get me grilled snapper/shrimp and grilled veggies on the way to work. Make sure I get one REAL meal in today. That might be why I'm so tired....

Ttyl ! for a smooth day !
Old 08-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #683
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you have a easier night Laura!

Watch those bees for sure, I ran over a yellow jacket nest while mowing the lawn a couple of weeks ago they stung me on my back and legs multiple times
Old 08-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You have killer bees around? Scarey!
Sounds like a week! Hope today goes well. Having some real food should help the energy.
Congrats on 142!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #685
Big Yapper!

Sorry I've been MIA, Laura. I am back and will try to do better. I just read all the posts since I last posted here so I'm caught up now. So sorry you had a terrible night in the ER yesterday. I hope the two critical people pulled through. You see so much tragedy and sorrow when in the medical profession. God bless each and every member in the health care arena. It ain't easy.

So happy your weight is unstuck now. I'd be freaked out by hearing bees in the trees too. Especially knowing there are killer bees in your state. They are NUTS. Jeanie, I'm so sorry that happened to you when you were mowing. How much that must have hurt!

Exciting that your trip is coming up soon! It's wonderful to have a goal to keep you motivated and get you through the rough spots. I need to make some goals myself. My life is devoid of goals. I know that is a large part of my problem right now. I need to come up with some. FAST.

Have an excellent day.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #686
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, work is done. Yesterday was the best out of the 7 and I was on overtime ! But the last 2 nights, I have eaten 2 beef sticks and my weight was 142.4 and now 142.6 today. Guess it's those sticks. And I added yogurt last 3 days.

Was out of boiled eggs and not in the mood for tuna. Will make more eggs today.

DH and DS's and bil rained out. Can you believe that ? We rarely get enough rain to mess up anything and the one week they planned to fish all day , they all are here at 5am and the minute they put the boat in the water it came down.

Eye appt today. Going to try again to get contacts. Bifocal contacts lol ! We shall see. I wore contacts for YEARS and just went to glasses about 3 yrs ago and hate them . But I really want contacts for snorkeling ! I want to be able to see clearly what everyone else is seeing. !

hope you all are doing well. Having coffee and watching it rain ...... Thank you Lord for the rain , we really do need it.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #687
Blabbermouth!!!

My life is devoid of goals. I know that is a large part of my problem right now. I need to come up with some. FAST.

That's sad to me......... let's think of some short term goals that you can look forward to !!I will help you if I can (hugs)
Old 08-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #688
Blabbermouth!!!

Jeanie and Debby !!

Off now, back to my super "talkative" self !
Old 08-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #689
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Laura Glad your last shift was good. Good luck with the contacts, I gave mine up for glasses as I got tired of the cleaning and such, so easy to get up and just put my glasses on I guess. I have a strong script though and have to wear the harder lenses, they were a pain back then.

I need some goals as well. I will give this some thought and post them in my journal and hopefully we can help each other.

My weight has gone back up a little for no reason that I can really see other than an increase in exercise?? I think maybe trusting the weight loss process should be one of my goals rather than panicking and tweaking too soon I get a little scared now that I am older that my efforts will be in vain or that I will have to eat very low calorie to lose... I don't think I could handle less than I already eat without getting into the binge eating
Old 08-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #690
Big Yapper!

I hate glasses too. I never needed them until my 40's and then I couldn't read without them. I didn't know you could get bifocal contacts. Would they make them for someone who only needs correction for reading? That would be so COOL!

Glad your marathon run at work ended on a good note. Have an awesome night and great time off.