Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #631
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
oh I hate that he was stung. That hurts ! Hope he doesn't have a reaction this time . Did he take some Benadryl now that he's home ? He should.......just in case.

I felt anxious all of the sudden. I was in the shower and all of the sudden I was thinking about pizza and maybe pouring a glass of wine...... as I was getting out, I thought ~ where did that come from ? ~
Then a while ago I suddenly realized I was anxious for no reason. I guess this restriction wasn't the greatest thing to try ? I wasn't hungry earlier today so it seemed like a good idea.

Anyway, I WAS hungry after the jello. Just had some greek yogurt and I feel better. I don't usually have low BS ~ just weird.

Will see what scale says tomorrow ! Have a good night ! Keep an eye on DH

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yeah, probably was too low of a blood-sugar drop... unless you just scared yourself with the tempting food image.

Yes, I got him to chew up 3 tablets of benadryl right away, put bkg soda mix on it & iced it... continuing to ice. Its starting to swell up his eye & itch where its swelling. Site looks fine still. I'm on high alert watching.

Do you know how often benadryl can be given?
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #633
Blabbermouth!!!

Normal dose is 1-2 (25mg) tabs/caps every 6 hours. It will make him sleepy though.

Hope he feels better.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura,
Yep, he's been sleeping a lot. But its looking pretty good. Think another dose of 2 @ 6 hrs. will be good. The funny swelling isn't as bad right now... hopefully his eye will be presentable tomorrow!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #635
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby How does his eye look today ?

Well, I was 145.6 yesterday and now 144.4 ~~
Really wanting to be 136 and have 3 weeks from today to get there !

Really had that feeling that I was going to binge last night ~ haven't felt like that in so long Happy that the greek yogurt took that feeling away !
I don't think more restriction is for me

I was 152 a few weeks ago ( after I went hog wild for 2 weeks ) and I keep telling myself I got those 8 lbs off ~~but I guess some of that was water weight. Praying this last 8 will come off soon.
Going to stay on plan and do what I can do

Have a good day everyone !
Old 08-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #636
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Laura
I had a really hard time getting things moving this round, I am not eating low fat but I had to watch the amounts I was adding to really start to lose. Not limiting food just less fat as in like no butter on a ribeye type thing... if that makes sense. Lots of water (which I never used to drink) with lemon or cucumber slices helped a great deal with getting some of the water weight off as well. Just some thoughts I have no idea what you are eating.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #637
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Wow! I missed so much yesterday. Debby, I really hope your hubby's sting is feeling a whole lot better today and he can open that eye without using a toothpick for support. Poor guy! So glad he didn't have a worse reaction to the sting. Were you able to remove the stinger from the site? Bees leave their stingers behind and grow new ones (or do they die? I don't remember.)

Laura, so sweet of all the rescuers on your rainy walk. It had to have been the stew. They couldn't eat it in good conscience without you. Do you make stew in a way that you can eat it or do you make separate food for the boys? Just curious how you make LC work when cooking for a family.

Did I read this right? You lost 1.2 lbs since yesterday and you are not happy about it? Or do you weigh weekly and that was your loss for a week?

Have a good day, ladies. I'm working in a few hours. Feels like I have had a full week off. Last work day was Tuesday cause Wednesday was Cissy's procedure. She's doing great, BTW. I could say a lot more about Cissy and the procedure but I'll save it for my journal.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #638
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I was thinking the same, Cheryl... not happy? But I do remember Laura had an "up" the day before... maybe it was a higher number up??

Good going on scale being down this morning Laura!

Yes, DH is doing fine, just fat eye today. I was able to find & remove the stinger... bees dye when they sting - Good thing!

Have a great day!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #639
Big Yapper!

Glad you got that stinger out. Glad he died, too. Only seems fair.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #640
Blabbermouth!!!

I guess i was confusing ......

I was 136.5 last summer and then all that happened with my dad...excuses excuses, some cheats here and there
But, I was hanging around 138- 140....tlll recently when I took 2 weeks off and pigged out

I went to 152 ! Over a 12lb gain in 2 weeks...... and now I am trying to get it off ! I want to be 136.5 again.

So the scale went down a few days in a row, then all of the sudden sts for 2 days, then went UP ! I am 144.4 today

Back down today, but I guess I was hoping for 2-3 lbs down drinking all that lemon water yesterday..... and even though I ate jello and yogurt I still ate way less than usual

Anyway hope that clears it up !

Today so far I've had:
coffee with CO
1 fried egg - I made 3 but then didn't want them so Allie had 2
guacamole = 1 avacado,lemon, small amt of tomato,garlic salt

Going to make poppers and a big salad for supper

Did a little Pilates
Did arm weights
Walked Allie 1 mile - boy it's hot !
And got some sun

Last edited by shelby'snana; 08-11-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Old 08-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #641
Blabbermouth!!!

Forgot to answer !
I grew up eating stew and cornbread......Love Cornbread with butter

But I don't care for stew anymore so I put potatoes , carrots, corn, and such in DH's. He loves it ~~ eating a big bowl right now

I made me LC salmon croquettes and green beans. I usually cook lots of different meals while I'm off so no big deal to make him some I can't have . Helps that I don't want it too
Old 08-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #642
Blabbermouth!!!

just slid my jalapeno poppers into oven ~~ love that smell
Old 08-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #643
Blabbermouth!!!

Had about 7 poppers ~~ they really hit the spot ! I was really hungry for them

Still haven't made the salad, but I will if I get hungry.

DH ate all my deviled eggs I made the other day, so tomorrow I will make LOTS ! He said they were the best ones I've ever made. I used less mayo and added celery seed.

Hope you all have a great night !
Old 08-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #644
Big Yapper!

Oh! Thanks for explaining the disappointment over the weight loss. I'm sorry you went through a tumultuous time with your father. Been there, done that too.

How do you make your poppers? I love them too. You show me yours, I'll show you mine. And how do you make your salmon croquettes? My mom used to make those for us when we were kids. It had breading and the salmon came out of cans. I recall those tiny little bones.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #645
Blabbermouth!!!

I cut the jalapenos in half and take out the seeds. Fill them with cream cheese and wrap in bacon They are one of my most Favorite foods on earth !

I used to make salmon that way too.....LC I make them with egg, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and no crackers ( that used to be my favorite). They are good ! ( I take all the bones and skin out )

Have a good night Cheryl and anyone else out there !
Old 08-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #646
Blabbermouth!!!

morning !

Decided to finish off salmon / green beans last night instead of salad. Will eat the today . DH is grilling burgers and a few chicken quarters for me later

done with coffee /CO......fixing to go walk. It's 81 and super humid -- had a short shower. But, if I put it off, I might not do it !!

Weight 144.6 It went up 0.2 !! Oh my gosh, at this rate, I will not lose before trip ;/ I have to to be able to wear some of the stuff I bought ! Yikes !!! :0

Hope you all have a great and healthy Monday !
Old 08-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #647
Big Yapper!

How do you get the bacon to cook all the way when you wrap them around the jalapenos? Do you partially cook the bacon before wrapping them and baking them? I always found that to be such a hassle so I opted for using real bacon bits instead. They still taste amazing but are so much less messy and zero grease. I press the stuffed peppers into a bowl of the bacon bits and really get the cream cheese covered thickly with the bits. Then I salt and bake about 20 minutes.

Not sure how you pick out the salmon bones. I thought it wasn't possible but maybe it was and mom took the easy way out. They were still good, though. I remember eating them with ketchup. Lemon would probably be a better LC option. What do you put on them? Anything?

Sorry it's so humid there. WTG on going for your walk anyway. Are the biting bugs bad where you live? They SUCK up here. Sorry the weight is coming off so slowly. Maybe people think fast regains come off faster if you take them off right after putting them on but I've found that they are just as stubborn coming off no matter when you put them on.

When do you go on your trip, Laura? I hope you have a lovely day.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #648
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl Morning !
I line my pan with foil ~~ no messy clean up for me I wrap the bacon around to cover completely and then use a toothpick to hold in place ~ easy. I have heard of using bacon bits but I've never tried it . They are soooo addicting ! I love them !

Walked with Allie again this morning. It's super humid and hot ! wow ! We came back and jumped in Shelby's little pool :0 lol ! It felt so good
no biting bugs right now..... kinda weird, we usually have tons of mosquitos all summer esp after a rain. I'm NOT complaining.

Just had a protein shake with almond milk, chia seeds, and 1 scoop of protein pwd.

Have a great day ! I have lots to do to get ready for next 7 days ! Yikes ! :0
Washing sheets right now and going to make deviled eggs.

ttyl !
Old 08-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #649
Big Yapper!

So you don't need to flip the poppers to get the top half of the bacon to cook? Interesting. They are one of LC's greatest treasures. You get the nutrition of the peppers plus the "delition" of everything else. Cream cheese RULES.

Have a great day.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #650
Blabbermouth!!!

No, I think if you flipped them all the CC would run out. Yep, they are a keeper ! <3
Old 08-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

DS1 was here all day. He was on nights but has a training class tomorrow so they gave him today off. he slept part of the day (worked last night ) and has been BORED all day. He was never bored when he lived here !! It's funny once they are adults and just visiting how everything changes. ;/ Sad but true.......

Had salad (small) for lunch
Piece of co bark
Hamb patty with lettuce/tomato/pickles/mayo - no bun
1 chicken leg and small bites of chicken sausage
broccoli

Feel stuffed right now. Scared of what scale will show tomorrow ! :0

DS is on couch watching TV. DH coming in from working outside. I should go do another walk ~~ the sun is almost down and it's a lot cooler outside right now. But prob won't . lol ! lazy girl !!

Got lots of food cooked up and ready for this week. Marathon week .......ugh........

It will be ok, no complaints !
Old 08-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #652
Big Yapper!!!!

Crossing my fingers for a good weigh in for you tomorrow
Old 08-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #653
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Jeanie I hope so !
Old 08-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #654
Big Yapper!

I'll second that motion. And I hope this marathon week goes smoothly for you. WTG for braving all that TX heat and humidity. Glad the bugs aren't bad right now. Sweet dreams. I'm heading for the hills myself.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #655
Blabbermouth!!!

Nite all
Old 08-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah good for you, to be ready for your marathon work-week. Hope you're all rested up too.
Yep, I'm the same, get bored when I don't have my own "stuff." Nothing against where I am, just like my own space.

Good-night
Old 08-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #657
Blabbermouth!!!

Night !
Old 08-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #658
Blabbermouth!!!

morning

Woke up this morning ~ didn't sleep well ~ and scale was 144.6 so of course I moved it and tapped it on the tile to make it change it's mind. So It said 145.6 And I couldn't change it's mind.

Drinking coffee ~ contemplating what I am doing wrong. I have never had TOO much trouble getting the weight off when I stay on plan... but now I can't figure it out.

Anyway, did arm weights and fixing to go walk my mile before I get showered and ready for work.

Determined not to let this get me down. NO potty for 2-3 days might be the problem, chia seeds and veggies aren't working. Going to eat mostly eggs and meat today with lots of celery thrown in. We'll see. I do feel bloated.

Going to stay positive. I know I am blessed and am not going to get down ~~ just keep working my WOE and stay as healthy as possible to enjoy life !

Hope you all have a great day ! Day 1........
Old 08-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #659
Big Yapper!!!!

Laura
I had to go strict meat/eggs for several days and drink tons of lemon/cucumber water to get things rolling again this round.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #660
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I just walked my mile in this awful Texas heat and humidity....... packed me 2 deviled eggs, couple of HB eggs, piece of deer sausage, and some celery (fiber).

I do have an almond milk/chia/psyllium shake mixed up to drink on the way to work .

I did some leg exercises in the COLD shower too. lol !! Sweating like a pig when i got home.

Goal ~~ will try to walk at least 5-6 days a week , even if I'm working. :/ I think the sweating will be good for me.

Thanks for sharing what worked for you Jeanie <3 I'm so happy to see you happy !!

Got to get ready....... lol ! Get off the computer girl !! ( to me )