Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #601
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
you can't find your albums on here ? that's strange......hope they find the problem !

Yes, they kept her after doing 5 xays. Said 2 of the puncture wounds were deep and went into stomach cavity ? 2nd hand info from my son, will find out more tomorrow. I thought maybe she broke a hip, but they said at this time they don't see any fractures. They were going to give her steroids and antibiotics and I hope , some pain meds !!

She was just so miserable ;/

Food today :
scrambled eggs and sausage
straw/blueberries with HWC
fajita salad with sour cream and guacamole ( cheese dip on top too )
1 beef stick
2 stalks of celery

Had her thin my hair and color it. Was going to cut it above shoulders and layer it a lot, but ended up having her just take 2 inches off bottom and trim all dead ends. She did put some layers in to thin it out. My hair is THICK !!

Back doesn't hurt at all !!! PTL ! It's wonderful to have a whole afternoon where I don't even feel a twinge, that's not normal for me ! Started doing some pilates a couple of days ago......so happy I can do that !
WAY too hot to walk .......97-99 even at 6-7 pm....... it's rough ;/

Have a wonderful night ! It's 2:30 am and I'm wide awake ! :0

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #602
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning !

Weight STS today again ! I did pilates last night again and still no pain

Today I am going to clean out my freezer and clean all the shelves and then tackle the fridge and do the same . Anyone want to join me ?? ~~ That's what I thought :0
Old 08-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #603
Blabbermouth!!!

My DS is picking up Snickers today !! Yay !
DS just texted and said he will bring her by on his way home
Old 08-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Laura,
That's great the pup gets out today. Hope she recovers quickly.

I got an answer from the help desk. They are having technical difficulties with the albums right now, working on it. I was relieved! Thought it was me again... I don't like not being able to solve web issues!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #605
Blabbermouth!!!

Snickers is here and doing real good. Stiff and not running or jumping, but she's eating and drinking and walking around. I gave her a much needed bath.....the dog that attacked her had rolled in something dead. It was awful last night. ;( I thought the vet would bath her.....she was bleeding last night and we didn't know how bad she was , so of course I couldn't then. DS picked her up and she stunk to high heaven !! I bathed her in Shelby's baby shampoo and she did great.

Got the freezer and fridge cleaned out. Man, you don't realize how dirty they are until you empty them out ! Mine is always full of food !
DH said 'since the trash has been picked up already , put any food, leftovers, fruit, etc. in a 5 gallon bucket and I will take it to the back of the land and dump it ' ~~ OH MY GOSH !! I filled it up !! Little bits of things we opened and then froze the rest. Carby hash browns, rolls, etc.......

I couldn't believe it ! :0

Food so far today
coffee
almond milk with protein pwd and chia seeds
1 boiled egg
1/2 deviled egg

Doing laundry now and vacuumed living room. Gonna relax for a bit Hope you all are having a great day
Old 08-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #606
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby that's good they knew what was wrong. I am no tech person at all !!! I need to learn how to fix things on my own.

Thanks for checking on Snickers !
Old 08-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #607
Blabbermouth!!!

I have a fridge on right side ~~ all fridge
The freezer is on the left ~~ all freezer

They are really big ! They are now cleaned though ! Yippy !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0941.jpg (29.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #608
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Holy smokes! That's one unit, isn't it? Very industrial-like. Looks expensive and really top-of-the-line. WTG hubby! Bet he scored points when he bought that one.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #609
Blabbermouth!!!

nope not one unit . They are a set, but are sold separately . And NO I really didn't plan on spending that kind of money ! Wah !!

And the worst part is , the "trim kit" that puts them together on top to make them look like one complete "set" ~~ won't fit due to cabinets above the set !! Booooooo !

Last edited by shelby'snana; 08-08-2013 at 03:10 PM..
Old 08-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #610
Big Yapper!

Wow, Laura. I'd have never guessed they were two separate units; trim kit missing or not.

Have a great night. Time for bed here in the great northeast.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #611
Blabbermouth!!!

night Cheryl ! Thanks for stopping in
Old 08-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #612
Blabbermouth!!!

morning !
So nice to have my coffee with CO this morning ! ( I was out for over a week ). I am trying out sweet leaf stevia too - it's good ! I needed to get away from splenda, equal, and sweet n low ~~~

Fixing to go outside and get some sun ~ I'm pretty white ;/. Decided I will 'lay out' for about 20-30 minutes a day for next 4 days ~ hoping I won't burn if I do that
might scare the squirrels though ! lol !

Weight sts again !! I have been stretching and doing a little pilates every day ~ eating on plan. Not sure why it suddenly just came to a screeching halt ??

have a great day !
Old 08-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #613
Big Yapper!

Enjoy your time in the sun. If you really are that white and your skin is that unused to being exposed to the sun, I'd go slower than 30 minutes. 15 might be safer. Good source of Vitamin D, too. Sorry for the stall on the scale. I've read it so many times in others success stories that they kept at it and didn't give up or give in and eventually the stall passed and they all made it to their goals. Keep on truckin'!

Do you do mat pilates? (PS: Don't scare the squirrels.)
Old 08-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
If your calories are "too low" that might be the problem... also the fact that you ran out of CO could be it. Alternating calories really helps keep from stalls... those are things I've found...

Have a great day!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #615
Blabbermouth!!!

I got in Shelby's pool and did about 10 minutes on each side. I don't burn easily and tan pretty quickly, I just don't want to be the whitest person there. hehe ! It's been so hot I haven't gotten much sun the last month or so.

Cheryl, I do the pilates chair. I thought I sent you a pic when you were buying yours ?

made a big skillet of cabbage,onions,bacon , and butter for lunch. Had a few bites of roast.....it was so good Love it !

Deb - I wondered about the CO too.....hopefully will be down another lb in am !!

Got the rest of my order in today. Wearing my SPeedo water shoes to see how they will feel, if they hurt my feet , BACK they go !!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #616
Big Yapper!

You might have sent a pic of the pilates chair but I don't remember. My memory has holes in it. Speedo water shoes! Where are you going, Laura? I should know but I haven't been following your journal. Forgive me.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #617
Blabbermouth!!!

A cruise for 7 days in 3 weeks. Sept 1st !! I'm so excited I could bust i've never , ever been to the east or west coast. Never been North at all......and I've never been to the Caribbean . Now I get to go ! WooHoo !!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #618
Blabbermouth!!!

We were talking about going shopping for some more things this weekend. Just took Allie to DS2's house and then left ~~ figure she needs to have a 'minnie Meltdown' a few times before we leave her there for a week ! She is really attached to us

DH decides all of the sudden we are going shopping tonight and out to eat. ( dang it I was gonna make poppers ) ;/ Oh well, it won't be so hot in a little bit for getting in and out ~~

Guess I'll get ready and go pick Allie back up. They said she is staring at the door ! lol !
Will have to do this several times over the next few weeks.

Hope y'all have a great evening !
Old 08-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #619
Big Yapper!

Nice about that cruise, Laura. Where will you go? I hope you have the best time ever.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #620
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, we got home after midnight but we got a lot of things we needed.
DH got 3 shirts and a pair of sandals
I got Shelby 2 dresses
We got a backpack to take sunscreen and towels to the beach
I got 2 bathing suit cover ups ~~ granted the bathing suit trying on did NOT go well. I looked awful and my "girls" are big and don't stay up where they are supposed to be
So...didn't buy one. I have some old ones, I'll see if they still fit
Got a strapless bra that I will will stay up
Got a pair of capris ~~ I think that's all. EVerything was on sale !

We ate at Olive Garden ( DH's fav place ) ~ didn't have anything for me - was going to do the soup and salad ~~ no soups without potatoes or pasta
So I ordered the chicken caesar salad. It was good, but by the time we came home 4 hours later I was starving.
Just nuked some pepperonis for chips and dipped in sour cream

I'm pooped. All that running around and different stores wore me out
~

Hope everyone had a wonderful night !
Old 08-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #621
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl

Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and Cozumel
Old 08-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #622
Big Yapper!

Ooh la la! Sorry about the hectic day of shopping. I HATE clothes shopping. Sounds like you have similar issues with shopping for clothes. Don't feel like you have to wear a bathing suit. Lots of people wear a tank top (and so they can wear a bra underneath) and a pair of shorts. Wear what feels comfortable to you so you can enjoy your time in the water. That's the most important thing.

Olive Garden rocks but it is hard to find LC items there. Sounds like you stayed strong so KUDO'S! I love when I hear of people who rise above temptation. It gives me hope that I can do it too.

Very late here. Nearly 4 am. Stupid that I'm still awake and even stupider that I'm online but I'm signing off now. Hugs and love! Sleep tight.

I don't know what it is about declaring I'm going to do well with diet etc but I become an automatic time bomb. It's time to bow out altogether. I have to do something entirely different, like GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER.

I think it's time to make that change. Hoping all of you have the greatest of success. PM me if you wish to stay in touch. God bless each of you. I know where you can be found.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #623
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, I may have to do that. Going outside to get a little more sun in a minute. Just want a light tan before.....
I hate trying things on , but since we live 1hr from any decent stores, it's a pain to return things !!

Don't tell DH, but i bought a few things too small ( I always do this and it makes him crazy ) so I have no choice but to lose.........

Scale bounced up a lb this am !! I'm so mad ! Guess that salad was full of salt . ;/ You should have seen the drink menu staring at me ....a watermelon margarita >>>>>> Oh my gosh it was pretty. :0 I'll have to resist LOTS of that on vacation ( I don't drink much, but it was so hot it did look tempting ) Going to pound the water today and hope it comes right back off.

So glad you have been visiting over here ! Thanks ! Hope we all have a great Sat !
Old 08-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #624
Big Yapper!

I have done that a time or two (buying things too small) but I have never (well, almost never) lost enough to wear them. I did get to wear these great slacks a couple of times before I started to regain. I have a summery dress which I have yet to wear. I bought that way back when my husband was still alive. Still carting it around with me whenever I move, still hoping one day to wear it. Hope itself just doesn't get you there.

I'm glad I finally came over to your journal too, Laura. Sorry it took me so long. Bummer about the scale bump but you know it's water. Watermelon Margarita? Mmmm! That would do a LC diet in. Knock you out of ketosis and take you a week to get back into it. Just Say No! If you have to drink, try a dry wine or some flavored vodka or something either on the rocks or in a diet drink. And try not to lust at others watermelon margaritas while sipping the smarter choice you made.

Have a good day. And I won't say a word to your hubby about those clothes. Mums the word.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #625
Blabbermouth!!!

I can almost fit into them !

Thanks for keeping my secret

DH wanted stew ( and lots of it he said ) - he's scared DS will eat it too. DS loves it

So I have a HUGE pot of stew on the stove and just made him cornbread - he's happy.

Little thunderstorms today - humid !!! I decided to go walk up and down our road 3 times while it was thundering ( it's about a mile total ) and one of the boys that went to school with my sons came by on his "mule" ( all terrain ) and tried to give me a ride. I said "no, I'm fine - it will just be rain " and he went on down the road.
2 minutes later it started coming down !! It felt so goood !

And, here comes John in his truck. "GET IN !! I barely made it home and it started coming down so I came to get you !! What ??? I won't melt. Sweet of him....but I was actually enjoying it
He takes me last 1/4 mile home and we meet DH coming out of the driveway -- he's coming to get me too !! ( maybe worried, who will cook my stew ? )

Oh well,......... nice of them to worry I guess.

Going to make myself salmon croquettes and green beans later. I will only have a small serving of each. Had almond milk and chia seeds a minute ago - only other food today - coffee with CO

Trying to drink lots of lemon water and have a "down day" like the people on JUDD do to see if it knocks a lb or 2 off I'm not hungry today for some reason so I thought it was a good idea

ttyl !

Last edited by shelby'snana; 08-10-2013 at 11:28 AM..
Old 08-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #626
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl. Yep, good to have you . How's Cissy ? Still having to wear the "shame" halo ??

Nope, won't be having any sweet drinks on cruise. I know if I had one, I would want sweets the whole time and that would not be fun ! :/

I will have rum/diet coke or amaretto / diet sprite with lots of lime. And I prob won't have many drinks anyway. Never know when they will trigger a migraine !
Old 08-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you, walking in the rain... so nice you had all these special guys to your rescue!

Your down-day hopefully will get you even further down than you were.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #628
Blabbermouth!!!

Your down-day hopefully will get you even further down than you were.

I hope so !

i was getting pretty hungry ~ drank lots more water ~ I have had like 12 BIG glasses today - and made supper.

Had 2 salmon croquettes, one serving of cabbage, one serving of green beans.

Done for the day. Can't wait to see if it helps !!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #629
Blabbermouth!!!

Just ate about 1 1/2 cups of SF jello that was in the fridge. I started feeling anxious all of the sudden Isn't that weird ?
Old 08-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Just ate about 1 1/2 cups of SF jello that was in the fridge. I started feeling anxious all of the sudden Isn't that weird ?
Did you feel anxious before or after the jello? Could be a sugar low or high... otherwise sounds like my adrenal fatigue..

DH just got back a bit over an hour ago... he was stung in the temple by a bee or wasp... not sure. It got in his helmet.

He wasn't getting any reaction, except a localized headache, but its swelling now & a bit itchy. I'm keeping a close watch on him, he had a reaction to a sting years ago when he got stung in the jugular... that was scarey. Praying he's going to be fine.