Thanks sideal, you too !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Laura
Hope you & your puppy had a fun day. So cute!

Is it still "hot" there? We're having beautiful weather, blue skies & sun. Course I don't think it got up to 50 today, but it felt like spring. I even washed my van... then proceeded to "lose" it in the safeway parking lot... couldn't recognize it!

Have a good night!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #303
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Yes, we had a good day. She is pretty easy to train, but not perfect of course.

Cloudy here all day ~~ supposed to storm tonight and in the morning too. Just slightly drizzling now..

Ate on plan today ~~ LC chili rellenos casserole and jalapeno poppers . Yum
Have a wonderful night
Old 04-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

HUGE shopping day today ! Both refrigerators are full to the brim Got tons of great produce and steaks, chicken breasts, hamb meat ....yum !

Will make DH and I huge salads for supper He wanted chinese ( I know, I know ) for lunch so I had meats and veggies - tried to avoid the sauces - but still tasted sweet, for sure hidden sugar there. I only had one plate and no breaded items.

Puppy is doing well. Think DS2 and GF will be here Friday and stay the weekend, so she isn't leaving any time soon. ??What were we thinking ???
Old 04-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
HUGE shopping day today ! Both refrigerators are full to the brim Got tons of great produce and steaks, chicken breasts, hamb meat ....yum !

Will make DH and I huge salads for supper He wanted chinese ( I know, I know ) for lunch so I had meats and veggies - tried to avoid the sauces - but still tasted sweet, for sure hidden sugar there. I only had one plate and no breaded items.

Puppy is doing well. Think DS2 and GF will be here Friday and stay the weekend, so she isn't leaving any time soon. ??What were we thinking ???
Yum Chinese! Hope you don't regret it. Sounds like you did good though.

So, are you thinking that they're just going to leave the pup with you to raise? Hope not. Unfortunately I've seen kids do that before... My Nephew did that with my sister... didn't end well for sister, or dog.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

No they won't. They are living in an apt ( my son is a COUNTRY boy and hates it ) and are upstairs. their lease is up in June and they have a small house with a fenced in back yard they are going to move into...... here in our small town. They are just having trouble potty training her with his work schedule and she has school and work. ;/ I'm just helping out a few days....... she is so sweet, if she was completely trained, they might have trouble getting her back from me She's a lover

Shelby is an inside dog right ? I wondered when you said it was her 1st bath the other day. Allie gets bathed every week ! She hates them, but she loves how she feels right after one

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 04-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's good! Glad they're taking him back. Clever to get mom to train
Shelby was really easy to potty-train... border collies are very smart. Except when it comes to her excited jumping! Still working on that, it seems to be part of her personality.

Yeah, she's indoors, but has kept really clean with just snow outside. The snow-rolls have kept her really nice & before that, puppy-fur was so sweet & clean. The mud was a deal-breaker though. So, we finally bit the bullet & did it. Our last dog never had a bath... only swims in lakes, etc. The big out-doors seems to keep dogs fresher than small back-yards.

We just got back from our walk. I got brave & wore my shoes. Wow! I can really "hoof-it" with shoes! Boots made me slog along... I used the iphone & app to track & was going 4 mph

Have a fun evening!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

Snickers is pretty good too.... just a learning thing . I just love puppies !

That's amazing that being around the snow kept her clean..... I never thought of that ! Allie sleeps with us most nights so she has her regular bath .. and she goes to Petsmart occas to get a bath, ears cleaned and nails ground down. I hate nail clippers for dogs !

You walked really fast ! I may download an app to my phone to keep up with my steps. I keep saying I'm gonna get a pedometer and keep forgetting to do it !
Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

Cleaning house all day today..... kinda cold and windy outside 59 DS2 will be here in am and his GF tomorrow evening, so I need to have the house cleaned and I'm cooking some stuff ahead that will feed them and I can eat also. (roasting chicken breasts - taco meat)

I guess they will stay all weekend, seems to be a pattern with them..... nice, but feel like it takes away ME and DH and I personal time each time we're off too. Does that sound mean ?

DH will grill steaks later and I will roast some asparagus and make another big salad. That was sooooo good last night.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, snow works well especially if they roll around in it & there's no dirt anywhere in sight. Right now, the driveway is a mix of dry & muddy & puddles. So she's outside - waiting for her to dry off from rubbing against my muddy van. ew!

I totally relate to you feeling like that, with your dh & your time... guess you could easily let them house-sit & go on a week-ender! Pretty important to have alone time... also not fun having to "wait-on" people on your time off either! That's why I kind of "hid" over Easter week-end. Course we can't tell THEM that!

Good job getting your cooking done ahead. Having a plan works so much better with our diets. I had a fair amount of brain-strain this morning while figuring out breakfast & lunch without my carbs. Now that I worked it out for today I feel pretty confident with it... AND of course dh wanted to know what was up with me eating so different
Old 04-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

You confused DH ! That's funny.....

Absolutely beautiful day here Going to meet a friend ( and former boss )
for a late lunch. she is such a sweetheart and amazing person !

Had some ice cream last night Gotta confess ! Why do I keep doing this ? I keep myself bouncing around the same 4-5 lbs over and over.

On a good note, my almond flour and co came in several days early !
I asked DH why the coffee was so bitter this morning, then I realized it was b/c of no CO !!

Hope you all have a great day ! DH will grill hamburgers later.... unless we don't Then I will make them chicken fettucine alfredo.. I roasted the chicken breasts yesterday - so easy - and they were on sale
Old 04-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yep Confused dh alright... and probably worried him a little too. He's seen me do way too many diets. doesn't approve of crazy ones... this one might qualify as one of them too! But I'm enjoying it.

Oops on the ice cream... bye-bye wt. loss... was it worth it?

I've got to try some of that almond flour... is it expensive? I would imagine it is.

Have a fun week-end!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
yep Confused dh alright... and probably worried him a little too. He's seen me do way too many diets. doesn't approve of crazy ones... this one might qualify as one of them too! But I'm enjoying it.

Oops on the ice cream... bye-bye wt. loss... was it worth it?

I've got to try some of that almond flour... is it expensive? I would imagine it is.

Have a fun week-end!
No, that diet plan doesn't sound crazy and I bet it is HUGELY different than you are used to !

I just ordered 5lbs of almond flour from Amazon and it was $35.99 or something like that . I threw it in the freezer. That will last me forever ! I was buying small bags ( 12-16 oz ) that were expensive !

I don't make tons of stuff with it, but it's nice to make some things and portion them out and freeze them. I have pumpkin bread in the freezer - with individual slices in foil. Want to make The Chicken Lady's Carrot Cake. -- It is LC and looks delicious May wait for a special occas to make it .

Guess who is still taking care of Snickers even though she is their dog ??

Have a good night Debby !
Old 04-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Guess who is still taking care of Snickers even though she is their dog ??
Have a good night Debby !
Oh boy~~
Good night!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, kinda bored around here today. DS2 and GF don't have any plans with friends, so we are trying to keep them entertained ! Wowsers .....DS NEVER stayed home before he met this GF !
We were lucky if he came by to "sh## , shower , and shave !" - That's what DH called it

They have mentioned mexican food so I may not cook ..... that's fine with me. All this "waitressing" is kinda for the birds. ;(
Doing some laundry, dishwasher going, have Linda's LC meatloafs in oven in individual little pans and just shredded the chicken breasts and froze them...... they didn't want the chicken fettucine alfredo afterall....... more easy peasy work meals for me !

Beautiful sunny day here...... headed back outside ! I finally got some cilantro and jalapeno and oregano plants and potted them for front porch.
I already had done : strawberries,parsley,sage,thyme, basil and rosemary.

Hope i don't kill them !

Weight hasn't changed much - still up 1-2 lbs each day from avi ------ugh.
Will try to walk at park later this evening - super windy today.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #316
Blabbermouth!!!

Had a beef fajita taco salad and lots of tea ! It was good. And guacamole of course

Kids are at a friends house.....laundry is finished and dishes. Gonna grab a hot shower, it's dark so my walk at the park didn't happen.
DH and I did ride around and look at land and new homes. Kinda peaceful just riding and looking......

Trying to work up my nerve to try a new Church tomorrow by myself. I've done it lots of times before, but each time it's a new one they stare at you .......I get very self conscious . ;/
Want to find one that feels right and start going on my weeks off, that's another problem, only going to bible studies and such every other week..... oh well......

Have a wonderful evening everyone !
Old 04-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a pleasant day at work. So, your dh is the Dr at work with you this week? That would be cool...

Mexican sounds yummy! Glad you enjoyed your driving around too.

Hope you find a good church & make new friends. Its such a blessing, really. You'll only be new once!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm confused I guess, I'm home until Tues. DH is an RN too, not the Dr.

Food was yummy, but I still want ice cream ~~~ what's the deal ?? Sometimes I go 6 months - 1 yr without it but now I want it !!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm confused I guess, I'm home until Tues. DH is an RN too, not the Dr.

Food was yummy, but I still want ice cream ~~~ what's the deal ?? Sometimes I go 6 months - 1 yr without it but now I want it !!!!
Ah!! Its me that's confused. I didn't remember that, I know you told me before...

Ice cream... sugar is so habit-forming... I know if I have a bite of it one night, I will want a bite the next night... used to happen to me all the time while serving it. Takes 2-3 days to get rid of sugar cravings (I think). Last couple times I had to get off sugar I used Hoodia for those 2-3 days to break it, works good for me. Its hard to find though, I think the FDA has disapproved of it. Hard on the liver for long-term use in the obese.

I totally agree with you about Texas having the best Mexican food in the states. I do prefer the real thing in Mexico (Senora mostly), but we had some excellent meals in Texas last time we were down there to get our teeth fixed in Mexico... stayed in Eagle Pass, Texas. Crossed over into Piedras Negras, Mexico daily to get our teeth fixed... it was awesome!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes and it's really bizarre, cause I don't want any other sweets, just the ice cream ! Can you believe I said "just the ice cream " ??

I had an atkins bar instead.

Glad you seem to be enjoying your "new foods"
You have been so restricted for so long ..... bet it feels great
Old 04-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

Slept in.... woke up early and realized that in 2 weeks on Sunday I will be at niece's confirmation in Houston and 2 weeks later on Sunday I will be in Okla - tom's sister is getting re-married on Sat,........so it would be 6 weeks before I could get back to a church if I tried it today.....
I know , making excuses, but it's true. I would rather go a few times consistently to help me decide. So I didn't go.

Have a little headache, watching puppy play and DH is dozing on couch. He didn't sleep well last night
DS and GF are at the beach ~~

Food so far :
coffee with co
2 strips of bacon
Lg bowl of southwestern taco soup

hope you all have a lovely Sunday !
Old 04-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

We washed my Tahoe and DH's truck by hand ~ beautiful day !

DS and GF and Snickers are headed home.

Supper is jalapeno popper chicken
cabbage with butter
zuccini/yellow squash with butter

I'm hungry ~~ better go finish cooking it !
Old 04-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, busy time ahead for you!~

Taco soup sounds good. Was it?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

I LOVE Cheri's southwestern Taco Soup ~~ You should try it Debby ! It's delicious and super easy....DH loves it too !

You can google it or go to the recipes section on here
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Quote:
We washed my Tahoe and DH's truck by hand ~ beautiful day !
I use to enjoy washing my car every weekend by hand and then one day I stopped and never got back into it. I always thought this to be a great way to tone up my arms, now that I'm thinking about it I don't remember having any flab on them during that time

I'm just popping in and hoping you have a great week!
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

Oooooohhhhhh !!! Now I want to wash it more often ! haha!! Hope you have a great week too ! Back to work tomorrow for me . Bet you are having beautiful weather there We are too !
Old 04-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I always say washing cars is men's work... guess not in your home!
It really isn't in ours either, was in my parents... I keep trying though!

Ah, back to work... well, hope you're feeling refreshed & ready to go by tomorrow!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #328
Blabbermouth!!!

that's funny Debby !

Actually I love it when the warm sun is on me and I'm in shorts and barefooted.... won't be long before it's TOO HOT to do much else outside ( except things that involve water ) YIKES !!!

Being lazy today..finishing up things
Old 04-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Well weight has remained the same from my 1st day off to now - 137.4 - it bumped up and down, but is back to the same. Soooooo my goal is to weigh 135.0 in 6 days when I have my 1st day off again !

Figured if I set little mini goals I would be able to achieve them easier

Food today :
coffee with co
very small bowl of southwestern taco soup
6 grapes
2 thin slices of turkey breast

Supper - big 'ole salad and DH's favorite chicken with onions,jalapenos,cilantro, tomatoes,garlic and wine .

Can you say Yum Yum ??

Back to work tomorrow. Hope we all have a great week !
Old 04-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yum yum!
Doesn't sound like many calories... do you count calories at all?
I'm eating so much on this EFGT... feel like a piggy!