Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs! (-8 lbs.)
WOE: Stillman's - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
I seeing the places you are walking to. Running into the tribe or areas that seem shady please do be careful. You are doing awesome with your walking and your body is thankful for it. You just reminded me I need to take my B vitamin as well, been feeling a little run down.I'm liking your new walking goals so exciting. A virtual car would be funny but you're right who would be driving it? KUTGW, you are doing great!!!

Keep on Walking!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Maggie thanks, of course there are mornings and/or evenings when I don't want to do a thing, but I want to make walking my focus at least 6 days a week and if possible twice a day. Let's see how it goes.
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I tried getting on the virtual walking site that you have been using but for some reason my computer is giving me a fit about it. If I can get on there I would buddy up with you, could be fun. Took a break today from walking and feeling somewhat myself again and remembered to take my vitamins. Have a nice Sunday!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

I completed 6 miles last night and it was torture. My poor legs are aching and I'm thinking perhaps I should give them a break today... Of course this change in time isn't helping me out very much neither. I'm now walking a beautiful trail, so maybe I should stay overnight or at least until this evening. Here's a peek of the scenery.

walk.jpg

Told you it was beautiful....I'm 7.4 miles away from Scotchtown.

Will check back in again later.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

I walked 107 Miles Todate!

I can't believe I walked 107 miles since starting my virtual walk across America! Yes my feet are aching, and yes I'm tired but it's all good. I didn't walk this morning but I was able to get 6 miles in this evening. I'm hoping I can wake up early enough tomorrow morning to put in a few miles as well. I better pray I can wake up early enough to get to work on time tomorrow.

I'm now 1.53 miles from Scotchville, VA and the route is beautiful and relaxing there may be a few horses around grazing on the grass. I like it here so I'll definitely bunker down and get some well deserved shut eye. Below is a snapshot

walk.jpg

I would love to own some property in this area...

Food intake today
L - deep fried turkey drumstick, fried shrimp, salad & plantain.
Snack - 2 chocolates (valentine chocolate); hot coco w/hwc

I can only imagine what the scale will look like tomorrow

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
Old 03-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Wouldn't you know it, I couldn't get out of bed this morning to do any walking. This new timing definitely sucks I could barely get up to get to work this morning. Maybe by next week my body will have adapted, we'll see what happens this evening. I definitely won't sweat the 'small stuff'.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

I weighed myself this morning and I'm now down to 174.6 I was a bit optimistic, didn't eat to LC last week plus had the 2 chocolates on Sunday. Maybe the walking helped out some. I also remember reading somewhere that when you walk you begin to tone up your legs, which means you're building muscle, which means the scales won't be too friendly So, I shouldn't be surprise if I'm eating right but see no change on the scale.

I did manage to struggle out of bed this morning and put in 5 miles, I know my goal was suppose to be 6 but this new timing just is working with me right now so I'll just have to do what I can do.

Food intake yesterday
L - Salad topped with chicken w/TI, fried shrimp, plantain & s/f jello
Drinks - green tea w/seltzer; hot coco; coffee

I decided to see if I can reduce my EW to 3 hours rather than 5 hours or just don't eat anything when I leave work. I'll eat a healthy filling lunch & snack if desired, but once I leave the office that will be it for the day. This should work for me because often I find myself rushing home trying to find something to eat before my window close. On several occasions I wasn't hungry but still ate because my window was open. I'll see how it work for this week, and if it's not too difficult I'll continue with it. Yesterday I felt good knowing I didn't have to worry about dinner.

Last edited by sldeal; 03-12-2013 at 05:36 AM..
Old 03-12-2013, 05:38 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Oops, forgot to mention I'm 5.5 miles from Buckner, VA. It looks like a pleasant walking trail

walk.JPG

Can't wait to see what around that curve Maybe I'll know by this afternoon, if not hopefully there's a tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Walked 5 miles last night, I guess my goal for 6 miles will go down the drain for now. I'm tired when I get home and this change in time doesn't work for me in the mornings. Couldn't get out the bed this morning, I'm soooo sleepy. I think I'm gonna have to get me some extra shut eye over the weekend.

Hmmm, let's see where am I? I'm .58 miles from Buckner, the sun is glaring in my eyes so I can't see much. Maybe a shopping district?

walk.JPG

Food intake yesterday
L - salad topped with chicken & TI dressing; fried shrimp; hot coco w/hwc

The 2-3 hr EW seems to be working ok for now, I'll remain hopeful.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Food intake yesterday
L - salad w/TI; 2 KFC; hot coco w/hwc

It's been 5 days since starting the 1 meal thing and it appears to be working okay so far, I haven't had any signs of severe hunger or anything. To be honest, I'm kind of relieved I don't have to worry about food when I get home after work. It use to be where I was constantly worried about what to eat when I got home and then having to gobble my food down before the close of my EW. When I get home now, I can focus on other things that have to get done. Oh, and it just occurred to me, I have no dishes to wash because the only time I eat is during lunch at the office!

I got my 5 mile walk in last night and another 5 this morning. I put on a pair of pants for work this morning and realized they were no longer clinging to my body, they're beginning to look a bit saggy down there Is there a new wardrobe in my future? Let me check my crystal ball I'm not sure what my scale is going to be saying on Monday but my clothes are already beginning to tell a story.

Let's see where am I with my walking? I'm about 5 miles away from Mineral, VA. Here's a bit of history: Around 1902 Mineral, VA use to be the center of the gold mining industry with 15 gold mines located within 2 miles of the town. In 2000 their census showed a population of 424 people! I don't think they have to worry about overcrowding like some cities.

Here's my walking trail,

walk.JPG

Today is a beautiful day for walking this trail

and here's a pic of a depot that I just happened to snap a picture of (off Wikipedia)

walk2.jpg

Until later.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

I had a good day today, but I found myself craving food. No, not junk, actual food. Not french fries or a sandwich, I wanted grouper with cole slaw or fried pork chops with a salad, etc. It may be because I'm just eating the one meal and my body wants food that's more wholesome. Thankfully I had brought my lunch with me. But tomorrow will be a different story.

L - salad topped w/chicken & TI dressing, plantain & hot coco

Managed to get 12 miles in today Did 5 this morning, got home early so I did another 5 miles and after an hour or so, still had some energy so decided to push in an additional 2 miles. Surprisingly I'm still feeling pretty good, which is strange especially when you think about me only have 1 meal for today.

I'm now 18 miles from Kents Store, VA and I appear to be walking a lonely road .

walk.jpg

It looks like a residential area farther down the road, if so I'll see if I can bed down there.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

I won't be walking this evening so I pushed myself to get out of bed this morning to get in 5 miles of walking. I'm still in Mineral, VA and about 13 miles from Kents Store, VA. This is a long road I'm walking so I think I'm going to take my time and enjoy the fresh, clean air.

walk.JPG

Funny, yesterday I was craving wholesome home cooked foods like porkchops, grouper, etc. This morning I'm craving stew fish or stew chicken. I'll probably go to the store this evening and purchase both and decide by tomorrow which I should cook. I guess the best thing about this is I don't have a craving for junk foods. Even when I'm craving a hamburger I want a grilled BK whopper or just a nice thick hamburger. No fries, just the hamburger. I'm going to take that to be a positive sign; maybe a lot of the junk I use to eat is slowly being cleaned from my system and the longer I maintain this WOE, at some point, my system will only have a desire to eat wholesome, filling foods. {Yeah, fat chance that will ever happen!}

Today is day 7 for me eating 1 meal a day. Other than the cravings for the above I can honestly say I'm holding out pretty good. No major hunger pains. I have been drinking quite a bit though. Generally I would start with a cup of tea or coffee, then green tea w/seltzer. After that I sort of full until it's almost time for lunch. What I've been trying to do is make sure my 1 meal is filling. For example, my salads are topped with lots of chicken & cheese; and hot coco helped to reduce cravings for sweets.

I didn't bring lunch with me today so I'm not sure how I'm going to fare. I'll play it by ear and see.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

I wasn't suppose to walk this afternoon, but I had a forbidden lunch, and felt guilty, so when I got home the first thing I did was put on a walking video and went for it. This time I decided to do the 3 mile abs using the ban. Let's just say I was able to keep up but I have no coordination. After the walk I did another ab workout, not sure of the name. Now that the lbs are coming off and summer is around the corner I need to tighten up this loose belly, and believe me it needs lots of tightening.

Food intake today (I'm so embarrassed)
L - pea soup (it contained potatoes, carrots, corn on the cobb, dumplings, spare ribs, ham and pigeon peas) it was a small cup so to fill me up I also had; 1 KFC spicy chicken. and to top it off I ate 2 miniature Hershey dark chocolates w/almonds. To keep from eating more chocolates I made myself a cup of hot coco. I promise to do better tomorrow.

Now you see why I had to come home and get some exercise in. I'm not upset about eating the soup, I'm upset that I gave in and ate the chocolates. Well that simply means no valentine chocolates for Sunday. Yes, I still have my Valentine chocolates tucked in the freezer.

So I walked 3 miles, that's 8 miles for today. I'm 10 miles from Kent Store,VA. I don't have on my glasses but it looks like there's a dog waiting to greet me, or perhaps chase me away

walk.jpg

I'm done for today.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, just noticed that you are down on the scale. Way to go, you are doing great with all the walking you're doing. Keep it up and whoo hooo on the baggy pants!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

I really thought I posted this morning, must be going bonkers.

I managed to get in 11 miles walking today; 6 this morning and 5 this evening.

Food intake today"
L - fried grouper; broccoli, plantain

You'll think I'll lay off the plantain, and maybe I should, I can only imagine what the scale is going to show on Monday; I'll try to do better next week.

I'm also trying to get some ab workouts in. It's kinda late so that's it for now, I'll get detail in tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Food intake for today
L - Chef Salad (turkey, ham, bacon, egg) TI dressing; coke zero; 1/2 c ice cream

Walked 3 miles this morning. I had a busy day so I don't think I'm going to walk this afternoon. I guess I should after eating ice cream, but I'll try for tomorrow morning. I'm 5 miles from Palmyra, VA and they have a population of 104 I wonder if they'll notice me walking through their town?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:36 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

I'm jumping for joy this morning because my scale fell in love with me this morning I'm now at 173.2! I was surprised because of the pea soup & chocolates I ate on Friday.

I did push myself out of bed to walk this morning, got in 5 miles. I always feel better after I get my walks in, but during the week days I realize I do have to push myself.

I'm in Palmyra, VA and the trail I'm walking is quiet and peaceful with lots of shade to block out the sun.

walk.JPG
Old 03-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
I'm jumping for joy this morning because my scale fell in love with me this morning I'm now at 173.2! I was surprised because of the pea soup & chocolates I ate on Friday.

I did push myself out of bed to walk this morning, got in 5 miles. I always feel better after I get my walks in, but during the week days I realize I do have to push myself.

I'm in Palmyra, VA and the trail I'm walking is quiet and peaceful with lots of shade to block out the sun.

Attachment 48991
Way to go!!!! You should be jumping for joy although I am surprised you are not sore from all your walking to be doing it. I know what you mean about how you feel after getting some exercise in, it does feel good doesn't it? You will reach your goal before you know it. Keep it up!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #199
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: doneal
Stats: Enter your zip code here
WOE: Lowcarb 50 carbs or less VLCD
Start Date: 02/26/2013 restart date
CONGRATS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Way to go!!!! You should be jumping for joy although I am surprised you are not sore from all your walking to be doing it. I know what you mean about how you feel after getting some exercise in, it does feel good doesn't it? You will reach your goal before you know it. Keep it up!
doneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Great job !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Magie, yes I'm sore most mornings and evenings, but it's a good sore, and I try my best not to over do it. I just so desperately want to get this weight off of me once and for all. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doneal View Post
Doneal, thanks for popping in.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Great job !
Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gosh, I had a long day today and tried to come up with all kinds of excuses for not walking this evening. Then I thought about those clothes hanging in my closet that I haven't worn for years... Let's just say I got my butt in gear

Food intake for today
L - chef salad (same as Sunday); 1 KFC spicy

Walked 5 miles this evening and I'm drained. I gotta remember to take my vitamins especially since my meals have been reduced. I'm really trying to make sure all of my meals are filling and nutritious and I guess it's working. I ate lunch around 1pm and I'm not hungry, just extremely thirsty. However, I'm going to keep playing it by ear, I definitely don't want to starve myself.

I'm still in Palmyra, Va and 6 miles from Woodbridge, VA I understand Woodbridge has a natural habitat for a variety of plant and animal life including the bald eagle so I can't wait to get there to take a tour.

Here's my location right now

walk.jpg

The perfect walking trail! Until later
Old 03-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Food intake yesterday (My sister & nephew came over for a visit so I went out to eat)

L - lobster; steak; plantain; salad; coleslaw; diet coke
Other - tried some kind of coconut water/milk mixture - it was pretty good but a bit too sweet for me. I'm sure it had lots of carbs that I didn't need.

Also completed 2 miles of walking.

Food intake today
L - 2 KFC Spicy; salad w/ranch
Snacks - nuts (a bit too many)

No walking this morning; perhaps this afternoon.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
I enjoy watching where you are walking ! Have a good night !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Our mornings over here are cool so I find I have to really push myself to get out of my cozy bed to walk. Last night wasn't too bad I managed to get in 6 miles walking, but boy did I push myself and then this morining I barely made 2 miles; plus I find myself wanting to snack on junk food, I'm wondering if it's because I had that coconut something drink the other day. It was rather sweet (probably lots of sugar) and although I didn't drink all I'm sure I consumed a good 4 oz.

Well I'm almost in Charlottesville, VA, just another mile to go I can't wait to get out of VA, how much further do I need to go? I'm congratulating myself because so far I walked 187 miles I'm thinking perhaps 500 miles in total will get me out of VA. Over the weekend, when I can think straight, I'll sit down and come up with a walking goal. I definitely don't want to spend the rest of my life in VA, I'm sure there's more of America to see

So here's a picture of where I am now

walk.JPG

I think I'll stop this lady ahead of me and ask for directions.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Food intake today
L - fried grouper w/tartar sauce & ketchup; broccoli, fried plantain.
snack - nuts

Walked 5 miles this morning and I'm going to try for another 2 or 5 this evening. I'm scheduled for vacation in July so I want to see some positive results before then.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Monday morning to you. Keep doing what you are doing and I am sure the results will follow.

Have a nice day!

Old 03-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Down another lb!

Good News First - Happy day for me today! I'm down another pound. I weighed in at 172.2 this morning!

Now for the bad news - My eating was waaaayyyy off today. It started off okay, I ate a small salad before the meeting, hoping that would hold me. Unfortunately the meeting lasted from 2pm - 6:30pm, so you can understand why I was hungry. During the meeting I opted to make a small cup of coco, however, there was no sweetener or milk/cream so I had to use sugar & creamer . After the meeting I stopped at KFC and picked up 2 piece spicy ribs which I had to eat after my eating window closed (my window closes at 5pm) so I had to close my window late at 7:30pm. After I ate the chicken I was sort of depressed so I snacked on 2 of my valentine chocolates . I'm sure the 1lb loss today, will be back on my butt when it's time to weigh in again.

Food intake yesterday:
L - pork chops, b/bq chicken, salad, sweet potato, diet coke
Snack - 2 Valentine Chocolates

Food intake today:
L - small salad w/TI dressing
D - 2 piece KFC spicy ribs
Snack -2 chocolates
Other - hot coco

Walking
I didn't do any walking yesterday but I did walk 5 miles this morning. I'm going to try to make it my goal to walk 50 miles a week. We'll see how that goes.

I'm now walking in Charlottesville, VA and I'm about 14 miles away from Rockfish Gap, VA. I'm fortunate to be walking a beautiful walking trail

walk.jpg

Since my eating is way off today I'll try to put in a few miles before hitting the sack!