Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Food intake yesterday
L - Wendy's side salad, baconnator w/o bun, TI dressing
D - fried fish, salad, coleslaw

Food intake today
L - 2 beef hamburger patties topped w/fried eggs; bacon & cheddar cheese; on top of shredded cabbage w/TI dressing; Coke Zero
Desert - LC ice cream (1/2 c)

Yep, I know it was lots of food, but I was hungry plus I did 2 workouts today that killed my butt Will talk more about that tomorrow.
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
Interesting about exercising and what kind to do. I always walk on my treadmill or outside when the weather permits. I also swim in the summer months and use small hand weights when I walk. I am glad you are finding out what works for you, keep it up!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Maggi, I just want to make sure I find the right exercise for me to lose weight. I know stength training is importat but I think I'll focus on that once I shed all of this weight. I hope you're having a grand time with your family.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:53 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have been having a nice time with my family. DS is a bit overwelmed at the moment because everyone wants him to go out with them or visit them. I am pretty laid back and don't make any plans unless he makes them. We all have to get our minds around the fact that he is staying and not flying off somewhere for the Army. He has plans to get back in school and look for work so he has quite a bit on his plate. I am sure everything will work out fine for both he and my DIL. I know strength trainning is good for us as we age and at the moment I just use free weights when I walk for my upper body. I also have a weighted ball that is about 4 lbs. that from time to time I slam on my basement floor, catch it as it rises and then raise above my head and slam it down again. I do this at least 50 x's in the morning and in the evening so that is upper body as well. I like this routine so far and the walking. I know that when muscle is added the scale reflects it and alot of people don't like seeing the gain but it always goes back down.(we all now that muscle weighs more than fat). I agree one needs to find an exercise that will allow the body to lose weight. I think your doing wonderful, keep it up and you'll be at the clothes size you want to be at very soon. Have a nice Monday!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

I didn't make it to the grocery store over the weekend, actually I was just lazy and didn't feel like going out, so after rummaging through my freezer I pulled out lots of leftover turkey, chicken & some pumpkin that I had over cooked. There was some frozen okra up there also and I had onions, celery & green pepper in my fridge, so I settled for Okra Soup! The best way to save money is to never leave the house, that is, unless you internet shop,which I didn't.

Getting back to my subject, I made a huge pot of Okra Soup and filled it with turkey & chicken. So, that's my lunch for the next few days!

Sunday Food intake
L - Okra Soup, coke zero, LC ice cream (1/2), 1 chocolate from valentines box I counted the chocolates and I have 13 left!
Snack - Hot Coco w/whip cream

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I have been having a nice time with my family. DS is a bit overwelmed at the moment because everyone wants him to go out with them or visit them. I am pretty laid back and don't make any plans unless he makes them. We all have to get our minds around the fact that he is staying and not flying off somewhere for the Army. He has plans to get back in school and look for work so he has quite a bit on his plate. I am sure everything will work out fine for both he and my DIL. I know strength trainning is good for us as we age and at the moment I just use free weights when I walk for my upper body. I also have a weighted ball that is about 4 lbs. that from time to time I slam on my basement floor, catch it as it rises and then raise above my head and slam it down again. I do this at least 50 x's in the morning and in the evening so that is upper body as well. I like this routine so far and the walking. I know that when muscle is added the scale reflects it and alot of people don't like seeing the gain but it always goes back down.(we all now that muscle weighs more than fat). I agree one needs to find an exercise that will allow the body to lose weight. I think your doing wonderful, keep it up and you'll be at the clothes size you want to be at very soon. Have a nice Monday!
Maggie, It's nice to hear you're enjoying your time with your family. I'm sure once thing get back to normal he'll have no problem adjusting and getting back into the "real world".

Hey I like your work out routine, especially the weighted ball, it definitely sounds like a good upper body workout. I'm sure once I get rid of some more pounds I'll get back into strength training I enjoyed it during my time at the gym. I have some light weights at home so I'll probably do my workouts at home.

Have a great day!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

How did I neglect to mention my weight loss???

Drum roll....... I'm down .2lbs today. It's not a gain so I have every reason to celebrate!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Food intake for today
L - okra soup, hot tea
D - 2 beef patties topped with cheddar cheese & bacon; mayo, ketchup & mustard

The above is going to be my lunch plan for the remaining 2-3 days and I have 2 more hamburger patties leftover from Saturday that I'll be having for dinner tomorrow.

For the next week or two I'm going to try the 2 mile walk at home. I did it on Saturday & Sunday and boy did it work me out. I did 5 miles on Saturday and 2 miles on Sunday. I don't know how I did the 5 miles but I know I won't be able to do it again for a while. I'll stick with 2 miles then graduate to 3 miles, eventually excelling to 5 miles again. Spring is almost here and I'm desperately trying to lose these pounds now!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:41 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi SL - just dropped by to say great going on the 2 miles everyday.
the Okra soup is also a winner.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:27 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
How did I neglect to mention my weight loss???

Drum roll....... I'm down .2lbs today. It's not a gain so I have every reason to celebrate!
Hey every bit counts, way to go lady!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

I decided to walk across America Yeah I know just the thought is hysterical. Let me back-up. For cardio I decided to go with Leslie Simone's "walk at home". Her walks are fierce, and each time I complete the 2 mile walk I'm exhausted and drenched with sweat. Unless I'm just that out of shape

I decided since I'm doing this walking thing I needed something more to keep me motivated. On the walkathome . com site I read you can go to a site called "exercise .lbl . gov." It's for people who want to walk across America virtually. It starts you out in Virginia and every time you put in your miles for the day it tells you where you are and will post it on a map so you can see your progress. Also for each mile or so that you accomplish you get this nice visual picture which gives you an idea of what that area looks like. You can also ask for partners, which I did, but I'm not sure what all you can do with a partner, perhaps check on each others progress everyday??? Its a really neat site and felt it would keep me motivated, although I'm not sure how much weight I can lose doing this.

On the walkathome . com site there's a group I joined where we can encourage each other.

I think I completed 10 miles already (been walking since Saturday). I have 3.03 mi to get to Williamsburg, VA. It appears I'm walking on a lone road in a wooded area. At the rate I'm walking I estimate reaching the west coast within 5-6 months. My goal is to do 2 miles morning & 2 miles evening for 2 weeks; from there I'll go into 3 miles.

Anyone reading this and decides they want to walk across America, I would love to be your partner.

Last edited by sldeal; 02-26-2013 at 12:42 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi SL - just dropped by to say great going on the 2 miles everyday.
the Okra soup is also a winner.
Lola, thanks for dropping by. With the Virtual Walk Across America that I joined I'm hoping I can stick with it. Hey, should I assume you made the soup and enjoyed it??? Take care
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

I walked 2 miles last night and 2 miles this morning. I'm now in Yorktown, Va, it's secluded where I am with a bunch of trees and 1 lonely car passing me by. I have 7.08 mi to Jamestown, VA.

Food intake yesterday
L - Okra soup; hot coco w/whip cream
D - 2 burger patties w/cheese & bacon; ketchup, mayo & mustard

Here's where I goofed. A colleague was eating Domino's cheesey bread. Oh, do I love cheesy bread. He offered me a slice and I took it. Although it was a small slice I'm sure it was no less than 15 - 20 carbs I won't lie it was delicious and I have no real regrets, just wish I had more willpower.

Okay gotta run over to my LC friends.

Last edited by sldeal; 02-27-2013 at 08:55 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

I didn't get to walk last night so I decided to make up for it this morning. Completed 5 miles and my bones are hurting I'm still in Yorktown on a deserted road, but there's a tranquil lake near by. I have 2.15 miles to go before reaching Jamestown, VA.

I stopped by the take-away near my house to get something for last night and tonight. My first thought was to order chicken only and make some coleslaw when I got home, but decided on fried chicken and salad instead. When I got home and opened my container realized they gave me fried chicken & french fries with a roll instead. I was tempted to eat the bread but decided against it. Wind up throwing away both rolls & french fries. Complete waste of money. I had to make coleslaw anyway, so I should have gone with my first thoughts...

Food intake yesterday
L - okra soup, hot coco
D - fried chicken, coleslaw
Old 03-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Food intake yesterday

L - 1 Spicy KFC rib; small bowl okra soup; hot coco w/whip cream
D - fried chicken; coleslaw

Woke up around 2am not feeling too well, too much chicken? I wasn't too hungry after lunch so I probably shouldn't have crammed my stomach with more food for dinner; should have eaten something light. My stomach was running off for awhile, but after a few hours sleep felt much better.

Miles walked
5 miles Thursday morning; 5 miles Thursday evening
5 miles Friday morning (will take a break this evening)

Managed 29 miles total (24 for February). I'm finally out of Yorktown, VA and I'm now in Chickahominy River , VA. Looks like a long stretch of road with 1 or 2 houses ahead of me definitely nothing to write home about. I'll camp here tonight and will get back on the road tomorrow morning.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Decided to put in an additional 2 miles this evening. Don't know why I have so much energy, generally I'm kind of poop and I psych myself into exercising in the evenings, but tonight I came home and just wanted to get some walking in.

Food intake for today
L - 1 KFC spicy chicken; 1/2 bowl okra soup, hot coco w/whip cream
D - mixed nuts; coffee

Total miles walked 7 miles, I have 10.9 miles before reaching Charles City, VA. I'm walking in a beautiful wooded scenic area. It reminds me of a mountain trail I use to hike in Georgia.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Food intake today
L & D - fried grouper; fried plantain; broccoli; hot coco w/hwc

Walked 5 miles this morning, I'm 6.12 miles from Charles City. Was considering walking tonight but decided to give my knee a break and resume tomorrow.

I bought an electric deep fryer the other day and I'm dying to give it a try tomorrow. I already have my chicken prepped for frying tomorrow plus I bought some turkey drumsticks I plan on frying maybe next week. for the past few weeks I've been craving some good ole home fried chicken I also bought some mozzarella cheese to give the fried mozzarella sticks a try. My first time trying cheese sticks was 2 years ago, and I've been thinking about them off and on. If I don't give them a shot tomorrow, definitely sometime next week. My mind is reeling over the foods I can fry that I've denied myself because I'm not good at pan frying... fried okra, fried tomatoes, fried fish....the list goes on.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #168
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: doneal
Stats: Enter your zip code here
WOE: Lowcarb 50 carbs or less VLCD
Start Date: 02/26/2013 restart date
What are you eating for breakfast? and what is Atkins 72/Fast5?
doneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:45 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doneal View Post
What are you eating for breakfast? and what is Atkins 72/Fast5?
Hey thanks so much for visiting. I responded to your queries on your journal. Looks like you're really determined to keep it off this time. If we put our minds to it we will see progress. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

I completed 10 miles yesterday (5 miles morning; 5 miles afternoon) and I managed 2 miles this morning, almost couldn't get myself out of bed. I'm 12.41 miles from Glendale, VA and it looks like I'm by a little old country church. I think I need to walk 200+ miles to get out of VA so this is going to be a long, long journey.

Played with my fryer yesterday and did a nice batch of fried chicken drumsticks & wings. Everything was turning out beautifully until I almost forgot about the wings (I set the timer, but didn't hear it when it sounded off). They turned really dark but not burnt. I'll be enjoying my crispy chicken for the week.

Jumped on the scale this morning and I'm now 175! that's a drop of 1.6 lbs. I guess all that walking is helping, so I'll stick with it, although my legs are a bit sore this morning. I just got to make sure I watch out for my knees.

Food intake yesterday
L - fried chicken wing & drumstick; coleslaw; fried plantain; pumpkin
Snack - chicken wing; watermelon; hot coco w/hwc
Old 03-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I walked 2 miles last night and 2 miles this morning. I'm now in Yorktown, Va, it's secluded where I am with a bunch of trees and 1 lonely car passing me by. I have 7.08 mi to Jamestown, VA.

Food intake yesterday
L - Okra soup; hot coco w/whip cream
D - 2 burger patties w/cheese & bacon; ketchup, mayo & mustard

Here's where I goofed. A colleague was eating Domino's cheesey bread. Oh, do I love cheesy bread. He offered me a slice and I took it. Although it was a small slice I'm sure it was no less than 15 - 20 carbs I won't lie it was delicious and I have no real regrets, just wish I had more willpower.

Okay gotta run over to my LC friends.
One slice isn't bad, I would have had more. You are doing wonderful and congratulations on your new low. The walking sounds great, I walk myself but you are getting in some intense walking so keep it up because it seems to be helping you.

Way to go!

Have a nice Monday!

Old 03-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
One slice isn't bad, I would have had more. You are doing wonderful and congratulations on your new low. The walking sounds great, I walk myself but you are getting in some intense walking so keep it up because it seems to be helping you.

Way to go!

Have a nice Monday!

Magie I agree one slice isn't bad as it relates to carbs, but it did bring on cravings for pizza. It took me a week to get that craving for pizza out of my system all week, the only thing I could think about was pizza, cheesy bread, pizza, cheesy bread.... I'm glad it's over and I can think rationally.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

I was motivated to put in some miles last night - 5mi, but I had to kick myself in the butt to walk this morning - 5mi. I think I'm in Chickhominy about 2.48 miles from Glendale. Not sure if I like this scenery, looks like I'm entering into a dark wooded area definitely not a nice place to spend the night!

Food intake yesterday
L - 3 chicken wings; pumpkin, coleslaw, watermelon
D - salad topped with chicken, hot coco

My BF brought me a watermelon over the weekend, normally I don't eat watermelons in March, but he thought he was doing the right thing, so what can I say? I know it has carbs so I'm sure the scale is going to have a different story to tell when I step on it. At least it's healthy so I won't stress over the 'healthy carbs' not right now anyway.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Food intake today
L - fried chicken wings (3);coleslaw; pumpkin; watermelon; hot coco w/hwc
D - salad topped with chicken/pepperoni; french dressing

Will try to put in a few walking miles before retiring tonight; either 3 or 4, not sure yet.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

I put in 5 miles last night and had to kick myself in the butt to do 5 miles this morning. Initially I was going to do 2 miles than I thought about it and decided on 3 miles, and then as I was walking I said "what the heck do 5 and be done with it" It's amazing how great I feel afterwards, usually full of energy, so I'm glad I got it out the way. I might be having company this evening if so, I won't do anything else until tomorrow morning.

I'm still in Chickahominy, so I decided to do a little digging and found out that the Chickahominy are a tribe of Virginia Indians and their territory was along side the river now called Chickahominy River. So, that was my history lesson for the day. My walk definitely wasn't in vain.

I'm 13.05 miles away from Mechanicsville, VA. Should I assume that's where I should take my car to be repaired???

Last edited by sldeal; 03-06-2013 at 05:52 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I put in 5 miles last night and had to kick myself in the butt to do 5 miles this morning. Initially I was going to do 2 miles than I thought about it and decided on 3 miles, and then as I was walking I said "what the heck do 5 and be done with it" It's amazing how great I feel afterwards, usually full of energy, so I'm glad I got it out the way. I might be having company this evening if so, I won't do anything else until tomorrow morning.

I'm still in Chickahominy, so I decided to do a little digging and found out that the Chickahominy are a tribe of Virginia Indians and their territory was along side the river now called Chickahominy River. So, that was my history lesson for the day. My walk definitely wasn't in vain.

I'm 13.05 miles away from Mechanicsville, VA. Should I assume that's where I should take my car to be repaired???
So interesting, you are learning alot. So are we talking about your virtual car needing repair? It sounds to me more like your feet need some good massaging by the BF with all the miles you are putting in. Way to go on that by the way! I find that walking revs up my energy levels as well and the endorphins exercise dishes out isn't to bad either. I find that exercising puts me in a better frame of mind so it is a plus in my book. Have a fnatastic Wednesday lady!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Maggie, Luv the new avatar Maybe I should think about a new virtual car to accompany me on my journey unfortunately, since I'm doing the walking not sure who'll be doing the driving. Thanks for dropping by.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:47 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Good news, I was able to walk last night, got in a good 5 miles bad news, I was too sleepy to get my butt out of bed this morning to do any walking, not even 1 mile

I'm still in Chickahominy and just 8 miles before reaching Mechanicsville, maybe I'll reach there sometime tomorrow Here's the trail I'm walking now

walk2.JPG

And here's the Chickahominy tribe getting ready for a powwow.

walk.JPG

Would you believe me if I told you I bumped into them on my walk???

Food intake for yesterday
L - Salad topped with chicken/pepperoni; ranch dressing;hot coco w/hwc
D - Salad topped with pepperoni & ranch
Old 03-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Walked 10 miles - 5 last night and another 5 this morning - and finally made it to Mechanicsville Here's where I am

walk.JPG

And no, I didn't hitchhike, although I was tempted, my feet are hurting right now I have something like 13.5 miles before reaching Ashland.

I kept wondering why I was feeling droopy over the past few days and then it dawned on me I hadn't taken my iron or B complex pills. I popped them last night and this morning I felt like I had energy to go With the time changing over the weekend, I definitely need to make sure I take them so I can have energy to get up on time next Monday.

Food Intake Yesteday
L - 1 KFC Spicy; salad w/ TI; hot coco
D - fried chicken w/ketchup & hot sauce
Old 03-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

My goal for the remaining of this month is to up my walk by 1 mile, so instead of 5 miles I'll do 6 or instead of 2 miles I'll do 3. In April I'll reduce my walk and begin working on toning exercises. So in April I'll walk in the mornings and do some sort of body workout in the evenings. Also during that time I'll probably stop weighing myself once a week and probably go with weighing once a month; we all know muscle is heavier than fat, but much, much nicer.

Last night I walked 6 miles and this morning I walked another 6; I'll try for another 6 later this evening, if not this evening I'll go for it tomorrow morning. I'm 1.4 miles from Ashland, Va. Here's where I'm walking now, I definitely don't enjoy being here by my lonesome, doesn't look too safe.

walk.jpg

Perhaps I should stop and ask for directions?

Food intake yesterday
L - 1 KFC spicy w/ salad; hot coco w/hwc
D - strips of chicken & pepperoni

Today's Food intake
L - BB/Q ribs; cabbage w/carrots & plantain; coleslaw; diet coke

Last edited by sldeal; 03-09-2013 at 03:17 PM..