LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Food intake yesterday

L - 2 hamburger patties w/cheese, mayo, ketchup & hot sauce; 1/2 cup homemade LC ice cream.
D - fried cabbage with bacon, sausage links & chicken

The cookie I made yesterday for lunch was burnt so I did it again when I got home last night, tasted it and it tasted good.

I'm not sure what happened yesterday evening but I woke up around 11pm vomiting. I've been trying to drink more water and I think I drunk too much. I really felt awful for a while, but after about 30 minutes and bringing up everything I had eaten I felt much better. I have lots to do today.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

I have to mention I think this Fast5 is really working for me, health wise especially. With my stomach being empty from all of the vomiting I did last night you would think I would be hungry or partially weak this morning, but it was just the opposite. This morning I managed to get in some low impact cardio for about 30 minutes and I also completed my fast with no side effect or severe hunger pains. I have to attribute that to fasting. I had lots of energy all morning and the thought of food didn't really kick in until close to 2pm!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Food intake yesterday

L - stir fried cabbage with chicken, link sausage & bacon; flax cookie w/almonds; coke zero
D - remaining stir fried cabbage & 2 sausage patties; hot tea
Old 02-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

My morning was really frustrating. I had a meeting to attend at the British Colonial Hotel and got stuck in lots of traffic. What normally turns out to be a 20 minute drive was more like a one hour drive. When I got to the hotel I had to park all the way in the back, which meant a long walk - I wouldn't have mind if I had worn my flats but today I decided to wear my heels. When I got to the mezzanie level There were several group meetings in process with lots people standing everywhere. So I rushed to the first meeting grabbed a cup of coffee and went to sit down. Duh, found out I was in the wrong meeting. That meeting was for some law group. Quite embarrassing. I left my coffee on the table and nicely went in search of my group meeting.

Walked around the foyer to the next meeting which was already in session, and found out that was the wrong room also. By this time I'm frustrated, and tired (yep, I really should have wore flat shoes ). After walking back & forth I finally found my group meeting. Grabbed another cup of coffee and sat down at a crowded table, by this time my stomach is growling and I'm hungry. I could barely focus on the speakers because I was trying to calm my stomach. They had lots of danishes & pastries to munch on, but I was determined not to give in. I'm really proud of myself, I didn't even sneak a peck of the pastries

I stopped and bought KFC spicy chicken on route to the office, sure I know it has more carbs than original KFC, but at least I didn't cave in to all those carbs the pastries were offering me. It wasn't the best of mornings, but it wasn't the worse neither.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Food intake today
L - MM w/cream cheese, KFC spicy chicken, diet pepsi
D - 2 beef patties w/cheese, ketchup, mustard & hotsauce; pickle
Drinks - coffee, water, crystal lite
Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Had KFC's grilled chicken today as well. It was yummy! I would say that the KFC was definitely better choice than the pastry, way to go on having that instead.

Last edited by MagieDen; 02-07-2013 at 07:36 PM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Busy day today, not much to post.

L - 1 spicy KFC; MM w/cream cheese
D - 1 spicy KFC; MM w/butter
snack - nuts

I'm hoping I can stay busy tomorrow and perhaps extend my fast for 21 hours. If not, I'll stay content with my regular 19 hours.

One thing I have notices since Fast 5 is that when I go to sleep at nights I'm knocked out. It use to take me a while to get to sleep, but I can honestly say most times I don't even remember laying my head on my pillow. I usually sleep sound except for when I have to make those nightly bathroom breaks

Oh yeah, one other thing, I'm a little more clear headed. Let's see what do I mean by that... I use to always have thoughts jamming my head, always thinking about something, which is why there were times I had difficulty sleeping, my mind was always racing. I haven't been like that for a while, I'm not sure when it stopped, but I definitely noticed a change since fast5.

I'm still forgetful, you know, put something on the stove, walk to the room, and forget you're cooking, kind of forgetfulness. It doesn't happen as often but it happens. Let's see if I can remember to monitor my that.

Last edited by sldeal; 02-08-2013 at 04:45 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

I had hoped to fast for 21 hours today, plus get some much needed shopping out of the way, but when I went to the as station to fill up, the attendant couldn't get the gas cap off. Come to find out, the last time I gassed up my car the attendant, mistakenly got my gas cap mixed up with someone else. The gas cap he placed on my car required a key, and of course I didn't have a key. Thankfully my BF was able to locate a friend of his that was a locksmith, so the problem was resolved. Of course after this ordeal I was hungry, so we went for lunch.

My EW started at 2pm, I was stuffed, so I closed it an hour later at 3pm.

L- fried chicken, coleslaw,boiled cabbage w/shredded carrots & sliced plantain; diet coke.

My plans were to buy shoes and a valentine's present for BF. Hopefully, I'll be able to do something during my lunch hour next week.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

23 hr fast today

My fasting hour lasted for 23 hours today. Went to church, got busy cooking when I returned home, got some low impact cardio in, sat down to watch a video, and before I knew it 23 hours had past. I guess I could have made it to 24 hours, but while I was cutting my meat, I slipped a piece in my mouth out of habit...

My EW closed at 3pm yesterday and I opened it at 2pm today.

Decided I wanted to bake ham & turkey today to make a chef salad. I had considered turkey & ham deli but decided I could get more bang for my money buying whole food

L - salad topped w/ham, turkey, boiled eggs, cheddar & gorgonzola cheese, TI dressing; MM w/butter; pickle; coke zero

Snack - hot coco topped with whip cream

Closed my window at 4:30.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Rushing this morning so I didn't have a chance to take my measurements, however when I jumped on the scale I'm down .2 lbs. I'm now 179.2 lbs I know it isn't much but I also know it's not a gain! So, I'm taking that loss with a big grin .
Old 02-12-2013, 05:19 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

My fasting window yesterday was for 21.5 hours. I closed my window at 4:30 on Sunday and opened it at 2pm Monday.

Food intake
L - chef salad (baked ham, turkey & cheese (cheddar & gorgonzola) w/TI dressing; MM with cream cheese; SF jello
D - lettuce topped with chopped boiled eggs & TI dressing
Old 02-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

It's been a struggle for me to get up in the mornings, initially I thought it was the fasting but then I realized I haven't been taking my vitamins. Although I find myself eating whole foods and straying away from lots of snacking I have to remember I'm still not getting in all of the nutrients my body needs. I took a multi-vitamin & B complex last night, will try to remember to take my magnesium & iron this evening. I tend to do okay when I alternate days. I also have to remember to make my pitcher of crystal lite and drop 2 Vit C tablets in it.

I've been doing a lot of reading about CO and it's health benefits. There appear to be mixed feelings on how it taste in coffee, etc. but I considering using it when I do my little baking, i.e. muffins, flax cookies, etc. I already use coconut milk occasionally and coconut flour so I don't think the flavor will affect anything. I need to place an order for flaxmeal and other stuff by Friday, so I might decide to give it a shot.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

I think my iron is extremely low. I took an iron pill last night and this morning I woke up refreshed,well sort of anyway. I think I'll take my iron every evening for the remaining of the week and starting next week resort to every other day. With all of the beef I've been eating I naturally assumed my iron level was high, I guess not.

Yesterday I opened my EW at 3pm, but this morning I'm hungry, let's hope I can make it to 2pm.

Yesterday food intake
L - salad topped with baked ham, turkey & cheese; TI dressing; MM w/butter; SF jello
D - lettuce topped with chopped boiled eggs & baked ham; TI dressing & mayonnaise mixed; crystal lite lemonade

My exercises have been consisting of running in place for 40 - 50 min, but this morning I decided to go with faux jump rope. I was only able to get 20 minutes in, jumping 30 sec, resting 30 sec. Couldn't believe it was so difficult. I'm also trying to do planks. We'll see where this leads.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:44 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday food intake
L - lettuce topped with chopped boiled eggs, baked ham & cheese; TI dressing; MM w/butter
D - scrambled egg (2) w/cheese (cheddar & sliced) & chopped ham; crystal lite
Drinks - coffee
Old 02-15-2013, 05:17 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Food intake yesterday
L - MM w/butter; KFC chicken breast (spicy); SF Jello
D - scramble egg (2) w/ chopped sausage, bacon, chicken & cheese
Old 02-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Why does it seem I'm always behind posting my food intake?

Yesterday
L - KFC spicey rib; scramble egg (2) w/ ham & cheese; hot coco
D - fried chicken (small thigh); spoonful of coleslaw & cabbage; coco zero
Old 02-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Popping in to say hiya! Your food plan looks good as always. I hope all is well.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Maggie tx for dropping by. I feel my food is to repetitive but I guess that's the price you pay when you're to lazy to cook. . Have a great day.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

First yesterday I fasted for 21hrs. Had a funeral to attend and I wasn't able to eat until we'll after. I ate what I had left over from Friday and for some reason it was extremely filling. Couldn't eat anything else if I wanted to. Closed my window at 5:30.

Food intake yesterday
L -fried chicken, cabbage, cole slaw, hot coco

Didn't make it to the grocery store yesterday so BF and I to get dinner. I was a bit naughty today, decided to try one of the chocolates I had gotten for Valentines, put the rest in the freezer for another day

Food intake today
L - steamed pork chops, cabbage, coleslaw, diet coke,
snack - chocolate candy, hot coco, nuts

Closed my EW at 5:30
Tomorrow is weigh in I hope I didn't do too much damage
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

I'm down this week!

I had a major surprise when I stepped on the scale this morning. I was down 2.4 lbs I got to be excited about that. Last week I was 179.2; today 176.8. That also means I met my goal for this month which was to lose 5lbs for the month of February. I'm now down 10.2 lbs since starting this WOE!

Still didn't take measurements, I'm thinking I'm gonna have to start doing that on Sunday's, Monday's are too much of a rush trying to get ready for work.

Last edited by sldeal; 02-18-2013 at 05:47 AM..
Old 02-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

What I decided to do differently...

On Thursday last week I decided to review my log to see what I was eating when I initially started losing weight. It hit me that as I started introducing flax meal into my food intake the lbs loss were being reduced. I then did some research and read where flax, although good for you, it retains water. So from Friday of last week I haven't hand any of my yummy MM or flax cookies. It doesn't appear I had a problem while eating LC cheesecakes so if a sweet tooth hit me I'll probably make those, but for now I'm off of the flax.

I've decided to up my cardio to 1 hr, twice a day. I had initially started with 15 min twice a day and slowly got it to 30 min, and then 45 min. Now I'm aiming for 1 hr. It's still low impact but I know it's definitely contributing towards my loss.

I need to also make note that I'm working on planks. There was a 1 week challenge on FB and I decided to join. Boy, I didn't know planks were so difficult...I can only hold it for a 30 sec count, but I've been trying for 5 planks twice a day. I don't see where it's helping my abs, but I guess its still too soon to tell.

Last edited by sldeal; 02-18-2013 at 05:39 AM..
Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go on the lbs. lost you're doing great!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much Maggie! I won't say it's easy though, some days I just want to cave in Got to keep looking for motivation, it's the only thing that kept me this far.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

I didn't make it to the grocery store on Saturday and I didn't cook on Sunday. That meant no lunch for the week. Thankfully I remembered I had some leftover okra soup in the freezer, maybe enough for 3 days.

Food intake yesterday
L- okra soup; ice green tea
D - fried chicken; lettuce w/ranch dressing; crystal lite lemonade

Last night and this morning I found myself craving a hamburger topped with a fried egg, bacon & cheese. Can't get it out of my head. So this morning I stopped at the store and bought a pack of those 1/3 lb hamburger patties (suppose to be pure beef with chopped onions; only 2 carbs). Let's just say I'm going to enjoy my dinner and I'm hoping it will keep me full. Don't know why but I'm kind of hungry right now and it's only 9:45 definitely not a good sign.

I didn't do any cardio this morning, I was too sleepy, will probably try to do something during lunch.

Last edited by sldeal; 02-19-2013 at 06:53 AM..
Old 02-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Don't know why, but I was starving today. Probably not enough fat in my food intake? I couldn't wait for my window to open, the first thing I did was grab my nuts and begin to munch. I would have preferred eating my lunch, but couldn't get away from my desk until almost 3pm. Hamburger patties w/bacon, fried eggs & cheese sounds good & fatty, I mean filling, right now.

Well, I'm stuffed from my okra soup, but there's a few hours to go so we will see.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Funny, all day yesterday I couldn't take my mind off of eating hamburger topped with fried egg, bacon & cheese. As a matter of fact I had anticipated eating 2. But I was still kinda full from my okra soup. As I was frying the hamburgers I just knew I wouldn't be able to hack them so I settled for another bowl of soup. But the good news is I'm having the hamburger for lunch today, minus the bacon & eggs .

Food intake yesterday
L - Okra soup
D - Okra soup, hot tea
Snack - nuts either 1/4c or 1/3c
Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

I had a meeting to attend today so I had to break my fast at 1pm. I was hoping I could end my EW early since I opened it early, but didn't get home until almost 6pm. I didn't finish frying bacon & boiling eggs until 6:30

I'm also trying to drink more green tea vs black tea, however I remember years ago I tried drinking green tea and started having hot flashes. So rather than drinking hot green tea I'm making it ice green tea. Don't know if that changes anything but it's worth a shot. Oh, I'm using seltzer with the green tea to make it taste decent. yeah I know it doesn't sound good, but let's just call this the experimental stage.

Food in take
L - 2 hamburger patties on top of lettuce w/cheese topped with ranch, mustard & ketchup
D - 2 boiled eggs, 4 bacon, sf jello
Drinks - water; ice green tea w/seltzer; coffee w/cream

Trying to drink green tea vs black tea
Old 02-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Not much to report for yesterday. Had a meeting to attend by the time I came out I was starving. Went to KFC ordered the 2 piece only and then went over to Wendy's and ordered their side ceasar salad. I was thinking I'll eat one chicken for lunch and saver the other for dinner, but by the time I got to the office I was too hungry and stuffed both chickens down my gut.

Yesterday food intake
L - 2 KFC spicy rib; ceasar salad; sf jello
D - 4 bacon; 2 boiled eggs;hot coco

I'm still doing the low impact cardio, I was hoping to put in 2 hours a day (1 hour mornings/ 1 hour evenings) but it's not working like that exactly. Still I'm managing at least 1 hour a day. I'm also continuing the planks that was one of our FB challenges last week and this week I've incorporated leaning wall push ups. I think I'll just stick with those for the next week or 2 and then look into other exercises.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday!

Your meal plan always looks so yummy. Hot Green Tea and Hot Flashes, you're kidding me? I have been incorporating more Green Tea into my diet and I drink it hot, I would hate to see that it causes the Hot Flashes to come back.

Have a nice weekend.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Today I decided to goggle "the four body types" and it took me to the weight control doctor website. Once I scrolled down there were pictures of body types and right below there it read To discover your body type, you can do the body type qustionnaire here. When I clicked on it took me to a questionnaire, and once completed it told me my body type and exercises that will help me to lose weight.

The reason why I found this so interesting is I remember about 2-3 years ago I had gym membership and had hired a personal trainer. That trainer had me doing all kinds of strength training and low cardio but I didn't lose an ounce, as a matter of fact I gained weight! The funny thing is a few years before that I had lost maybe 25-30 lbs doing lC and walking the treadmill. But, yet here I was with this personal trainer, plus LCing and I wasn't losing a thing.

Yeah, I know I'm running on and on. I did the questionnaire and it showed that I'm GYNAEOID BODY TYPE and rather than doing strength training exercises I should focus more on cardio! It talks about a lot of other stuff, but heck, if I had ran across this site back then, I could have saved my money!

I think one of the reasons I've begun to see some weight loss is that I've gotten back into cardio, I don't do high impact because I'm afraid of damaging my knee. I keep it strictly low impact but I've been doing cardio for about 4+ weeks now, and each week I've seen a drop in weight. I was considering getting back into strength training, but after reading about exercises for my body type I'm going to stick with cardio and maybe throw in some light strength training a few weeks later.

This is interesting because we can find ourselves doing all kinds of exercises and not see any positive results and then wonder why, not knowing that sometimes it can be the exercises that we're doing.