Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 07:31 PM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/133/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
Thanks Ellen. Pulled in this evening. So happy to be settled in for a few days. I will show her this tomorrow. Safe trip back. We are also back in April...already cannot wait
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochic View Post
Thanks Ellen. Pulled in this evening. So happy to be settled in for a few days. I will show her this tomorrow. Safe trip back. We are also back in April...already cannot wait
You're here? Where are you staying?
Nelle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

We're staying at the La Quinta on 5th. Busy day yesterday. Actually met a couple from your complex. They were looking at model homes in Verona Walk. Meeting with realtor again this morning, then hitting the beach
Old 02-17-2014, 04:41 AM   #544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Packing up and heading home
Old 02-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelle Belle View Post
Packing up and heading home
Oh, too bad. Weather is going to be beautiful all week. We are leaving Thursday...back in March and April😊. Safe home.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did your sis find a place?
Back in NJ. Drove home, hit snow storm in VA and it followed us all the way home.
Back in FL 4/13.
Enjoy the rest of your vaca
Old 02-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Did your sis find a place?
Back in NJ. Drove home, hit snow storm in VA and it followed us all the way home.
Back in FL 4/13.
Enjoy the rest of your vaca
Yes! She bought in Lely. She very excited. She wants the club membership so that works well for her. Now I'll be able to be here even if my place is rented! Yay.

I'm glad I'll miss the snow on the drive up. I'm stopping in Va to spend the day with my daughter.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:32 AM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My sister has 2 friends in Ley. One in a condo and one in single fam house. Lely is huge!
Stop in ReStore on 41 about 2 mi on right up from collier. I love that store.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:21 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Ok! Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:43 AM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

Arrived back home yesterday. Eating was not an issue although I did have sushi twice which included white rice. For the most part though we ate breakfast and lunch from stuff we had in the fridge. Dinner was usually a salad of some sort. Of course there was the sangria...

Back to work tomorrow...
Old 02-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

First week back to work...uneventful thankfully. Eating and wt all status quo. Yoga has truly been a life changer for me. I am so grateful
Old 03-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

The good bad and ugly

The good? Eating on plan. Have to change my stats. Down to 133
The bad? Experiencing frustration thanks to DH and him being a colossal ass
The ugly? 25th anniversary is 1 week from tomorrow and I could not care less.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #553
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Layla91
Stats: 5'2" : [130/118/105]
Start Date: 1/2014
biochic, outside of yoga, do you walk a lot or do a lot for exercise? do you count carbs per day? do you think you stay in ketosis? trying to begin this WOE and any advice ou have is much appreciated as you seem very successful despite minor slip ups. I have had major issues with over eating and over exercising and am tired of hurting my body. very type A and believe yoga will help me…any words of advice you have are much appreciated.
Layla91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla91 View Post
biochic, outside of yoga, do you walk a lot or do a lot for exercise? do you count carbs per day? do you think you stay in ketosis? trying to begin this WOE and any advice ou have is much appreciated as you seem very successful despite minor slip ups. I have had major issues with over eating and over exercising and am tired of hurting my body. very type A and believe yoga will help me…any words of advice you have are much appreciated.
Hi Layla
I don't count carbs but I only get my carbs from veggies and yogurt (and nuts to some extent). I attribute much of my success to my yogurt. I use full fat dannon plain yogurt and I add SF jello pudding mix powder to it. So large tub of plain yogurt plus that pudding powder. I go thru about 3 tubs a week. No kidding. I eat a ton if that...usually vanilla to which I add a spoonful of peanut butter. Vanilla and peanut butter is my favorite ice cream so this is a wonder substitute for that. Other flavors include cheesecake, butterscotch and pistachio. All really good!
I used to be a treadmill junkie. I ran 3 miles a day to keep my wt down ( that was about 8 yrs ago). I hate running. When I stopped running I started eating and found myself up in the 190 lb range a year ago. Now I only do yoga. The difference is yoga helps my body and my mind. The difference is life changing....

Goals for 2014

Remain food-sane 1 day at a time
Continue with yoga

Last edited by Biochic; 03-03-2014 at 01:12 PM..
Old 03-09-2014, 04:48 AM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday check in...

Went bathing suit shopping yesterday spent a small fortune but got 3 suits that I actually love!

Tomorrow is our 25th wedding anniversary. Ups and downs but somehow we are still standing. I guess that's what commitment means...or perhaps I should be committed either way!!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Anniversary. We celebrated our 25th 2/17.
Thanks for your input on pudding with yogurt.came at perfect time. I had minor surgery on face and can't eat. Yogurt pudding mix was a life saver plus I dropped a few pounds. It's a keeper. Any other suggestions?
Lisa, how did you start yoga? Former cardio queen here too and now I hate it. Walking is current exercise but looking for something else.
Easter can't come soon enough. (naples)
Old 03-12-2014, 02:59 AM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ellen
I started yoga after my husband and daughter harassed me for a year! I was so cynical and snarky about the whole thing. One day I agreed to go with my husband to a gentle/beginner yoga class. I was hooked almost immediately. Now I practice 5-6 days a week. I do a combination of gentle and challenging classes. Every class has modifications for beginners. There are still so many poses I can't get into but every once in a while I surprise myself. The ladies on Marco have recommended Love Yoga in Naples but I enjoy going to the sunset 5:45 classes on south beach. They have them m-f and Saturday morning at 8:30.
I'll be down at Easter also. I'm coming in on Friday the 11th and returning home on Sunday the 20th. Maybe we can finally meet! May you can join us on the beach for yoga!!
Old 03-19-2014, 03:02 AM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in
I had a bagel...of all things! I was away for a few days and when I came home I was ill prepared in terms of food. Hungry so I grab the EASIEST thing. Ugh. It wasn't even good. That was Sunday. It's Wednesday morning and I'm on track although I will say I have had psychological cravings. That little voice in my head that says " see, you ate a bagel and you're still thin. Eat whatever you want, you're thin now". Deadly! That's how I got un-thin the last two times. This time I will NOT listen to that voice...
Old 03-20-2014, 08:02 AM   #559
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Stats: 279/272/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Checking in
I had a bagel...of all things! I was away for a few days and when I came home I was ill prepared in terms of food. Hungry so I grab the EASIEST thing. Ugh. It wasn't even good. That was Sunday. It's Wednesday morning and I'm on track although I will say I have had psychological cravings. That little voice in my head that says " see, you ate a bagel and you're still thin. Eat whatever you want, you're thin now". Deadly! That's how I got un-thin the last two times. This time I will NOT listen to that voice...
Good for you not listening to that voice. That's being food sane.

I am back on induction. When did you add the yogurt to your plan bc it sounds really good and something easy to have on hand. I get so "proteined out".
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:53 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Portia
I added the yogurt after about 2 weeks. For me, my yogurt is the key. I eat it for lunch every day during the week. Quick, easy and light I added peanut bitter to it. It's my lunch and my evening snack. I go thru about 3 large tubs a week.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #561
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Stats: 279/272/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Hi Portia
I added the yogurt after about 2 weeks. For me, my yogurt is the key. I eat it for lunch every day during the week. Quick, easy and light I added peanut bitter to it. It's my lunch and my evening snack. I go thru about 3 large tubs a week.
I think I might add this after induction, bc the two week mark is when I cannot face another salad and start to veer off course. I love yogurt and it would make a great lunch for me - quick and convenient. Thanks for the tip!
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

You're welcome! There are a number of flavors of SF jello pudding powder. They are all good. Chocolate is my least favorite. The plain yogurt with chocolate pudding mix is weird. I love butterscotch and pistachio. Cheesecake is also good but my favorite is plain ol' vanilla! I add my peanut butter and I am a happy girl
Old 03-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Longest week ever....

I am officially suffering from spring fever, minus the spring temps and weather. Heading to paradise on the 11th. My sister has closed on her place and is getting ready for her furniture to be delivered...
April, please hurry!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:37 AM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am officially suffering from spring fever, minus the spring temps and weather. Heading to paradise on the 11th. My sister has closed on her place and is getting ready for her furniture to be delivered...
April, please hurry!
I will be heading there about the 14th, maybe a few days sooner. Can't wait. I need some healing warm sun.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Ellen I don't know how you stay away! When I retire they're gonna have to pry me outta there
Old 03-30-2014, 05:40 PM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh, Ellen I don't know how you stay away! When I retire they're gonna have to pry me outta there
We are in process of decluttering house in NJ to downsize. I work per diem, have to give them one weekday and one Saturday a month. I also have grand kids in NJ so don't want to be in Fl full time Will be there for about 3 wks in April.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:10 PM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
We are in process of decluttering house in NJ to downsize. I work per diem, have to give them one weekday and one Saturday a month. I also have grand kids in NJ so don't want to be in Fl full time Will be there for about 3 wks in April.
I understand completely! I'm trying to get that done now too. Changing paint to more neutral colors, fixing bathrooms, updating stuff all in preparation of selling and downsizing in 2 or so years.
I'll be down on the 11th then not again until summer but is will be there for all of July and most of August. I think a low carb lunch may be in our future!!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I understand completely! I'm trying to get that done now too. Changing paint to more neutral colors, fixing bathrooms, updating stuff all in preparation of selling and downsizing in 2 or so years.
I'll be down on the 11th then not again until summer but is will be there for all of July and most of August. I think a low carb lunch may be in our future!!
You got it!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Oh boy, it's been a while since I've posted here.

Holding my own. Doing a bowel prep today. Actually had to start yesterday with 4oz of MOM in the afternoon. Didn't think it would be a big deal today but, ummm WRONG! Had to take today off from work

Starving. Clear liquid diet today I've had coffee and broth (Rachel Ray Thai infused broth...pretty good!) I don't start the mirolax/Gatorade part until 4pm. I may move that up a bit to 2pm. At least that will curb my hunger.

Leaving for paradise on Friday. Seriously cannot wait. Running out of steam...
Old 04-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Spent my week painting cabinets and putting up backsplash. Looks pretty good for 30 yr old cabinets!

Last edited by Biochic; 04-17-2014 at 06:36 PM..