LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
forty five time's the charm :0

Well....I am back for another round of LCing. I have been eating crappy for three months now and I can feel it in every part of my body. My mind is foggy and my joints hurt so bad. I know that I am not alone when I say that once I get off track for a week or so it becomes almost impossible to get back to eating properly.
Today I decided that I had no more excuses. Sure, I still have two more parties to get through, but I know that I can do it if I just get started NOW. I have successfully navigated LCing through many situations, and I didn't want to wait even one more day to get started back.
I didn't weigh this morning, but I will jump on the scale tomorrow and see how much damage I have done in the last three months. I am not going to beat myself up about it. I am moving forward.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Welcome Back! You can do this!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

I got back on the scale this morning, and it was a very hard thing to do. I'm so proud of myself for making it through my first day(again.) I am going to have to take my "fifty pound club" off for now, but I will get it back. When I make it a whole month of LCing I am going to go and buy myself a couple of new shirts. I don't have any that really fit me well that are really warm. The two new pairs of jeans I bought are a little tight, but I'm sure I will be fitting quickly back into them also. Day two....here I come.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It was inevitable....I am starting to feel run down from no sugar or carbs. I hate this feeling. I just have to keep telling myself that it shall pass in a day or so. I think I will add some extra salt in my dinner tonight. I would drink some chicken broth but I hate the taste by itself so that's not an option. Looking forward to feeling much healthier in the future
Old 12-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Hang in there! The low carb flu will pass and soon you will feel really great! You are doing the right thing so congratulations on making the first step!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks GailyGail!

I am starting to feel better today. I will be happy when today is over and I can say that I've made it once again through the first three days. Those are always the worst! We have a party to go to tomorrow, and I made a great tasting cheese ball to eat. I am also making a dip that I can eat. Yay me! I can usually make it through any party with a little cheese
Old 12-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/185/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Cheese makes everything better!

You can do it - good for you for restarting!
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yes JMacB. What would we do without CHEESE!?! LOL!

Well I am up and dressed. I almost outgrew my newest pants, so it's a good thing I started back when I did. I am wearing them today(a wee bit tight) so I will not be tempted to overindulge at our party. It's amazing how much food rules my emotions. I wish I had a button in my head that would switch off the "I love food" button. I know that things will get better, but I still hate that I am even in this situation. I WILL prevail today!!!! Go me.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhbyrd
Stats: 235/185/150
WOE: Low Carb
Back!! I have missed your post!! I also do wear the tight pants to keep me from eating more, lol!! But after awhile those tight pants will be falling off!!! Good thing the holidays are about over so things can go back to normal!! Glad you are back!!!!

Jeannie

PS if you need to talk or need a buddy PM me!!!
jhbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks so much Jhbyrd. Wow, your stats are AMAZING!

I didn't realize that I haven't posted since Saturday. Time flies when you are having fun. The party on Saturday was a disaster but I jumped back on the wagon on Sunday and have been doing fine since. I just wasn't ready for that kind of temptation yet. I have a really hard time with finger foods. BUT, I have stayed LC for seven out of eight days and am now feeling full of energy. I went and exercised a bit for the first time today in a long time. We joined a new gym a couple of months back(my husband is an exercise fanatic) and I can't believe I haven't went until now. It made my joints feel better so I hope that I have enough willpower to make it back tomorrow.

Oh and also I am down 2.5lbs since last Wednesday!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

YAY-good for you BYE_BYE 2.5 pounds, that is amazing!!! I Love working out too, we have a member ship at a gym but I prefer to workout at home before work (5am). You are doing great, LOVE the doggie too!!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:48 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
YAY-good for you BYE_BYE 2.5 pounds, that is amazing!!! I Love working out too, we have a member ship at a gym but I prefer to workout at home before work (5am). You are doing great, LOVE the doggie too!!
I wish I could say the same about working out. I hate it, but I know I need to do it for my health. I wish I liked it though. It would make my life so much easier. My DH lives to go and work out. We have a love/hate relationship in that dept. LOL! That's my dog, Ginger. She's the doggy love of my life.

Well, I am down another two pounds. I am in the zone. I made a homemade cream of mushroom soup yesterday to put in my broccoli casserole and it was the best I've ever had! I love it when a recipe comes together. I'm thinking of trying another new recipe today. It's a ham and cheese roll made with almond flour. I don't eat pork, so I'm going to use turkey canadian bacon instead. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds. I am so stinkin' happy to be back on track and back in control of my eating plan.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Oh, CFine, I hear you. And I remember your posts from previous years! Welcome back. Good for you for getting through the first few days; that's always a challenge.

I hear you on the chicken broth!!!! I thought I would keep it on hand in the event I needed it as I transitioned back to healthy eating, but just the thought of it is enough to keep me drinking only water.

Hope today is a good one for you! Hooray for control.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I hear you on the chicken broth!!!! I thought I would keep it on hand in the event I needed it as I transitioned back to healthy eating, but just the thought of it is enough to keep me drinking only water.
AMEN sista!!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Glad you're back Cfine ~~ you can do this !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks so much shleby'snana!! I'm glad to be back. I don't know what took me so long.

Well, I made it to exercise yesterday and I'm going to go today also. I've decided that the word "try" is not going to be in my vocabulary this year. I will either do it or I won't, like Yoda said. I am also back to doing nutritional ketosis, which I had much better success with last year. I have made up my menu through Wednesday as that's the only way I can get my correct protein amounts in. Wish me luck!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

WOW-you have your menu up until Wednesday that is great. I usually am a day to day but Always know MEat and Veg-Keep LOTS in the fridge. Not only do I need good food so does the BOYS-meaning 2 sons and husband. Seems like you have a plan, good for you!!KUTGW!!! Oh and once you start having the exercise as a daily thing you will not even have to think about it you will just do it!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, jhbyrd, I have those menus planned out and I try to stick with it exactly as written. I might tweak it a bit here and there but for the most part I stick to it. I have to do that or I can't stick to the nutritional ketotsis, which you have to count your protein and carbs. If I plan it out in advance I know exactly how much protein I can eat at each meal.
The biggest advantage that I've found with doing this is that I can incorporate any leftovers that I have in the frig and my food doesn't go to waste. Otherwise, so much food gets thrown out because I forget about it. I usually do about three days ahead. Right now I have all of Thursday and most of Friday done. I highly recommend it.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
Yes, jhbyrd, I have those menus planned out and I try to stick with it exactly as written. I might tweak it a bit here and there but for the most part I stick to it. I have to do that or I can't stick to the nutritional ketotsis, which you have to count your protein and carbs. If I plan it out in advance I know exactly how much protein I can eat at each meal.
The biggest advantage that I've found with doing this is that I can incorporate any leftovers that I have in the frig and my food doesn't go to waste. Otherwise, so much food gets thrown out because I forget about it. I usually do about three days ahead. Right now I have all of Thursday and most of Friday done. I highly recommend it.
I love this technique! I try to do the same thing.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have dropped 1/2lb. today so pretty excited about that. My best friend has invited me on a weekend trip so I'm packed and ready to go. I can't wait!! I am going to switch back to eating Atkin's style while I'm gone. I'm taking along some snacks so hopefully I will do ok in the eating department. I don't want to spoil my new weight loss.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well...didn't do so good in the eating dept. on my mini vacation. Trying to do strict Atkin's for a few days to get back on track. It was worth it though!! We are planning on doing a weekend away every Jan. now. It's just frustrating to come home to a six pound gain. I know it's mostly fluid because I didn't eat THAT much
Old 01-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you had a great time! That water weight will be gone in no time at all.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't been in this neck of the woods for a while so I thought I would post. Yesterday was my one month anniversary for being back to LCing. I have had a rough start, but I'm happy to say that I have lost 5lbs. It would have been more, but I had a really bad day yesterday so I'm sure I've got 5lbs. of water retention going on.

I am committing myself to one full month of NO binges!! NONE!! I can do this. I know that I have the capability because I did it for five months last year with only one "cheat" per month. I think I must have a mental block or something. It's like I can't get past the fifty pound mark. I am going to day dream about that 60lb. mark and hopefully I will get there soon.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made it through yesterday with no glitches. I did my best workout ever also. I plan to hit the gym again today. My goal is to stay below 20 net carbs because that's when I don't get hungry and have horrible cravings.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Workout went well today. Loving my new routine. Stayed at 20 net carbs again today. Yay me!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still doing good. No cheats or binges, exercising four days per week. Hoping the scale moves soon
Old 02-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Your doing great!!KUTGW!!! Binges are a hard, I know!!! Usually I can tell when I get up if I am going to have one, I have learned this and know ahead now. I try to fight that moster, most times I win but sometimes not!!! The binge monster mostly comes at TOM so I try to plan ahead with LC treats!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, I am back to 228.6 this morning. I have a goal to be under 225.3 by the 14th. Let's see if I can do it!!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's been an emotional, stressful evening. I hate it when people disappoint, but it's inevitable that it's going to happen because we are all human. Just feeling an emotional mess right now.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hope you are feeling better Cfine, those days are hard.....(hugs)
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote