Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SiaMia
Skinny Mind, Fat Body.

Hello, my name is Sarah. I am a 23 year old married mother of two. This weight loss journey has been a long time coming.

My weight history
16 years old...Weighed 140 pounds and thought I was an obese circus freak. I wouldnt wear a swimming suit, bought diet pills online with my moms credit card without her permission. Unreasonable things like that.

17 years old...climbed to 160. Looking back, This is the weifht I looked the best at. Healthy and if I do say so myself, beautifully in shape.

18 years old. Started partying. 200 lbs..Got drunk most nights with my friends. Drank Captain Morgan and Dr Pepper everynight, and then we would go yo McDonalds in the morning to sober up for school. BAD combo. But I have to admit...good times.

19 years old. Continued on my binge drinking. 215 pounds.Ate absolutley whatever I wanted. Taco Bell, Chipotle, Drank Energy drinks a moron.

19 1/2 years old. Unexpectedly met my furure husband and got pregnant soon after. We had a shotgun wedding , and we laugh about it now.

20: Had my first son. When I was 9 mo. pregnant I weighed 260. I left the hospital at 245. Got down to 230 in the months after.

22: Had my daughter. In the hospital with her, I weighed in at a whopping 278 pounds. :0

I started my low carb lifestyle 3 weeks ago and am already feeling better. My jeans are looser, my face thinner. I don't weigh myself, just going by my clothes, and and how I feel. Cant wait to update this bad boy and post some embarrassing before and after pictures!!!

Last edited by SiaMia; 12-18-2012 at 07:39 AM..
SiaMia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Welcome....You can do it....and you have made a good start...so keep it up...Journaling I think helps....
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Low Carbing came first to me out of necessity. If it is convienient for anyone to be on a high protein/fat diet, its me. We live on a farm, and my husband raises cows pigs and chickens. Also, he goes deer hunting and fishing. Needless to say, our basement is chalk full of chest freezers full of meat.

Meat from he grown animals cannot be compared to store bought meat. For example, when you acquire a taste for fresh beef, ground hamburger from the grocery store makes you want to hurl.Pink slime? No thank you.

Last edited by SiaMia; 12-18-2012 at 08:53 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Did I mention that I am being the maid of honor in a wedding in March? Well, I am. Thank God the bride chose a BLACK gown. Black hides 10 pounds, right?

I had a rotten day today. I ate next to nothing all day, and then had some ham from a large ham dinner that I made for my in laws. I ate only ham, but then looked at the paackage and found out that I am 30 carbs worth of ham!!! > (Brown Sugar)
If I was going to eat 30 extra carbs, It certaintly wouldn't have been ham. Damn. I'll quit rhyming.

Bottom line is, I feel fat and gross today. And I am in desperate need of a hair cut. And I could use an eyebrow wax. And a kick in the pants to stop being so negative.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, non existant blog readers. I hope you woke up happy and healthy, remembering that Jesus loves you! :P

So....Today. I drank FIVE cups of coffee. I am feelin good. And I ate a Babybel cheese. Speaking of that, does anyone else get pissed off when someone in your family who is NOT low carbing, or even watching their diet for that matter, eat "your" food? I do! My husband ate a whole bag of my babybel cheeses. For a snack. In the middle of the night. He also brought my huge $12 bag of Almonds to the neighbors house with him. NEWSFLASH...Keep your hands off of my food, especially if you had 2 donuts and 4 cans of Coke before hand.

Last edited by SiaMia; 12-20-2012 at 08:03 AM..
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

P.s. If you are wondering why all of my posts are edited, Its because i am typing from my phone and my chubby little fingers just cant get it right.

P.s.s. Speaking of chubby fingers, My rings are getting looser
Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Yay -- your rings are getting looser! That is a good sign. You are doing very well so far Sarah. Have faith -- you can keep this weight off. And tell your husband to keep his hands off your cheese, almonds and other low carb goodies! You need that stuff around to keep you on plan and prevent you from cheating. Have a great day!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I cant figure out how to rotate my picture...it is right side up on my computer when I uploaded it...hmmmm.

Still feeling like crap today. Today I ate deli turkey and cheese. One bottle of Diet Pepsi. Then I ate TWO pieces of bread. It was Sara Lee low carb bread, but still. Wayy over my carb limit for the day.

I am done eating for the day, except maybe tea. Better luck tomorrow, I guess.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Holy MOLY. I had Christmas yesterday with my moms family. I cheated in a big way. Cookies, (spiked) punch, chips and buffalo chicken dip, scalloped potatos, candies. Then, to take the cheating to a whole 'nother level...we all packed up and headed to a local bar. We're rednecks like that. AND, it also so happens that my aunt won the state lottery last week, and she bought everyone drinks all night. Let's just say I took advantage.One Captain/Coke, 2 Kinky Seven's , 2 Shots of tequilla, A southern hospitality, and something called a chuck norris. I feel horrible today, and I am craving bad food. So far, I ate some low carb soup that I froze on Friday night. Tried to drink coffee,.but im out of Splenda

Are any of you planning on "cheating" over the holidays??

Last edited by SiaMia; 12-23-2012 at 11:18 AM..
Old 12-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Well. I just ate a bag of Christmas candy. I deserve to be slapped. Oh well...Im not eating anything else for the rest of the day and starting fresh tomorrow.

I honestly believe that If i would have had my proper coffee ingrediants, this binge xould have been prevented. Coffee always calms my impulses.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

On the other hand, It is kind of eye opening to actually notice the crap I am eating. Before my low carbing days, I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it. On a typical day back then, I wouldnt even remember eating a handful of chocolate. Crazy!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Sarah, it is true that low carb makes us so mindful of our eating. This coming week, when Christmas is over, will present a better time for you to get back on the low carb plan with a vengeance. In the meantime, don't beat yourself up so much because you are doing really, really well. Merry Christmas!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

I did really good on Christmas Eve and yesterday. Carb free and happy as a clam. My kids got a ridiculous amount of presents, and I am so happy to have spent the holidays with evryone I love.

I forgot to mention something shameful. On Sunday night, after the bag of candy, I went to Arby's with my mom and got a roast beef and cheddar sandwich to top off my 2 day cheating spree. There, I said it.I am going to make a lot of soup to freeze today. That helps keep me on track. Have a good day !
Old 12-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Yippy Skippy I weighed myself and I was Lighter than I thought I was foing to be! Even after my Cheating! I *think* When I started I was 270. Proud to say that I weighed in today at 254. Yahooo. I dont own a scale, buying my own tomorrow.

I made Buffalo Chicken Dip with Celery tonight. It was good, but you cant eat too much of it, it gets sickening. I also bought Some chocolate Soy milk that will get me through my never ending chocolate milk cravings. Good day
Old 12-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I am now the proud owner of a box of Yogi Blueberry SlimLife Tea. Very good with a bit of cream.

I switched from Splenda to Truvia.

Blah...Im tired and crabby today. Im sure its from my weekend of Devil-ish Carb Eating.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Aloha!

I feel smaller. My face is definatley skinnier. Before I thought maybe it was, but now Im certain. My wedding ring is twisting around, and never stays up right. It is fun to see little changes.

My mother in law sent me home yesteray with a ton of pulled beef. I made homemade creamy mushtoom soup. The low carb life is good.

I went to a steak house with my family on Friday night. I had a NY strip, and a little bit of coleslaw. Didnt touch the bread basket and gave my baked potato to my husband. Proud of my new found self control!

Tonight, I am going to a comedy show with my mom, aunt and cousin. Im planning on not drinking, and eating dinner before we go so there are no temptations. Wish me luck!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Hello, my name is Sarah, and I'm a Carb-o-holic.

I fell off the wagon again last night. Actually it wasn't much of a fall...more like a planned escape.
We did nothing for new years except for I made dinner and we watched movies. I had a "what the hell..." attitude and ate spaghetti, garlic bread, half a hershey bar a spoonful of strawberry ice cream.

I had a major carb hangover this morning. I felt gross, fat, and miserable.

The Holidays are OVER and so is my cheating. Happy 2013 Guys!!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

I weighed myself on Friday...249. However, I am feeling fat, sick and gross today.