Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Okay Bud, I'm going to give this a try. Today of course is DD.
B - FF Chocolate Cherry Greek Yogurt, 1/2 x 1/2 in my coffee - 135
L - Homemade Veggie Soup with 1.4oz chopped roast - 100
D - Chicken Thigh with Green Beans - 175
S - Apple or 100 calorie bag of popcorn.

I remember when I was doing this back with HCG I actually lost better on UDs. I'm also going to lift on UDs, and hopefully get the power walking going at work.

How's the world treating you today?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl

menu looks good! enjoy!

world here is not too bad. biz is a bit slow, altho i did get an order from my biggest account, which is great. kids are good. supposed to gets buckets of snow this week, i've heard anyway...12-18" possibly! which is good as it's so dry here!! we need the moisture.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow how lovely! We're supposed to get some weather here this week too, it might rain Tuesday
Old 02-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i love winter so i'm all for getting snowed in.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay Buddy,
This is feeling like very doable. I don't know why I've been so resistant. I just started thinking about doing it like a regular HCG day without any restrictions. And you're right; I can put off anything I really want until tomorrow. I think my biggest foreseeable challenge at this point will be Saturday and Sunday not doing two UDs in a row on a regular basis. But I did HCG on the road last year so what's the big diff? Then there are vacations What do you do when you have extended non-practical time away?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

glad to hear your day went ok!

if i have 'life' come up, i do life and get back to DDs when i can. that's the beauty of JUDDD. will it slow me down, probably...but that's where this plan seems to be more compatible with living and frankly, that's what i want more right now. something to keep me from gaining if life comes up, but also something that will help me lose if i truly do it the way it's intended.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Living, what a concept.

Well I finished the day feeling remarkably like the first day of HCG. Not starving really, just a little physically shocked due to the lack of calories. Then I realized, I wasn't any hungrier then the first day of HCG. Hmmmmmmmm

I resisted the urge to weigh in. Haven't decided if it going to be Saturdays or Thursdays since Friday's are going to be typical down days.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i don't really have a set weigh day...at least once a week after a DD. as long as i stick to the UD/DD rotation that's either a friday or a sat morning. if i happen to have 2 UDs or something to throw the rotation it will just be as close to a week as possible...always after a DD tho.

so UD today, huh? how's it going so far?
Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a big breakfast, it's 12:30 and can't even consider lunch.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you're better than i, tho...that's part of my sickness. even tho i may not feel hungry, i would still have a meal simply BECAUSE I CAN and b/c i know it will TASTE GOOD this is where i struggle the most.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't say Chocolate was an option But truly, I'm stuffed. I ate breakfast late cause I had a Dr. Appt. but only by an hour.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
On other diets, there was an element of self loathing involved for me. Now with JUDDD, I feel there is a way for me to pay penance and a chance to take back control. Have the orgy and wear the small pants. Sick or just eccentric, perhaps? Maybe. It works for me, until it doesn't, I suppose.

JUDDD, for me, has helped reduce this 'event' that I experience. I'll always have a bit of a twisted relationship with food.

EXACTLY how I feel. The self-loathing lasts the evening of UD and concludes the next day of a DD. Might not be the ideal way but it's better than self-loathing all the time. Twisted relationship with food doesn't go away after weight loss; for me it's there for life. JUDDD makes it manageable.
I read this on the Juddd forum. While a bit graphic, so to speak, i found that it describes some of what goes on in my head and my relationship to food quite well. (Italics is one poster's thoughts. the other is another gals thoughts.)

dd today went well. A little over 600 cals.

How's your UD been?

Last edited by dazygyrl; 02-19-2013 at 05:56 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Funny, a little extreme perhaps, but not far off from where I was last night. As you know I was stuffed yesterday, so I didnít have lunch until 3:30. I went ahead and ate although I probably would have been fine not, because I had an appointment after work. Then Fried Chicken Man wanted KFC for dinner. I had a skinless thigh and potato wedges and then proceeded to help him devourer the chocolate cake. Felt terrible, didnít sleep well (too much sugar) and was very discussed with myself. Got up this morning, realized it was only about 2-1/2 servings, could have been worse, I did a good work out and hopefully my DD today will make it a distant memory. And really Iím following the plan so all is good. I was a little worried it would be hard to go back to DDs, but so far not an issue.

On a whole different note, have you heard about Raspberry Ketones. I have a friend at work who is taking them, hasnít intentionally changed her diet, but is finding much less cravings for junk, less desire to over consume and more energy, not to mention impressive weight loss that is showing well in just a few weeks.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

as far as eating when i not hungry, i find that when i wait till i am hungry then i obcess and i hate, hate that...so i eat when it's time to eat. kind of a no-s thing.

i am getting over the self-loathing thing b/c i know that i CAN control it as i do it every other day. so if i over do it on an UD, i know the next day my frame of mind will reset.

i have heard of them...but heard it was a scam...so it is good ot hear of your friends experience. i would be interested in knowing what brand she takes and how she eats. also does she exercise? you know that's the bane of my exisistance.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The brand sheís doing now is Raspberry Ketone Premium because its 500 mg Raspberry Ketones with no fillers or additional ingredients like Green Tea, etc. Before she took Raspberry Ketone Force that has both fillers, extra stuff and doesnít say how much actual Raspberry Ketones are in it. She lost about 7lbs in two weeks with the Force and has lost about 3lbs in four days with premium, so sheís thinking the Premium is better. She has only worked out twice and hasnít really changed her diet other then she just isnít eating the junk food because sheís not really craving it. She had an extra bottle of the Force so Iím trying it to see what I think. If I like it and it works, Iíll probably order something with the 500mg. I thought about waiting to just try JUDDD by itself, but if I lose a couple extra on top and I have less cravings for KFC chocolate cake on UD then itís a win-win.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

very cool! thank you! am going to look it up.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

is it a red label?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks!

(kinda $$, huh?? )
Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I'm going to check out other sorces. Netrition has one that has 500mg but some fillers (AI Sports Nutrition) and I'm going to check Walmart. Worst case I might combine an order with her, which you're welcome to join in if you want and split the bulk cost. Depending of course what I think with this trial bottle.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, it looks like online is going to be the best bet for the RK's. i checked the vitamin shoppe and GNC. they had a few brands, but none without fillers or green tea/green coffee extract and the amount of RKs ranged from 100mg to 375mg. so i suppse if may go for the online version. it looks like you can get 1 bottle for $49 or 3 bottles for $89. is that what your friend paid? have you started taking them yet?

so i weighed this morning...was down 0.4 from the 16th (but up 1.4 from when i started juddd) and bf down another 0.1% (down 0.2% from when i started juddd) soooo some progress anyway.

how you doing with juddd?

Last edited by dazygyrl; 02-22-2013 at 06:17 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Bud,
Happy Friday!! It's been a pretty good week. I peeked and the scale yesterday and was down 1.2. On one hand " I would hope to shout as I was way up after a bad weekend" on the other hand "I had only dieted two days and they sandwiched a fried chicken chocolate cake day". So I'm feeling pretty positive about this. I've been hanging on the JUDDD threads picking up hints. One thing I was kind of concerned with is my somewhat uncontrolled UDs. I haven't really eaten that much just real poor food choices. I've thought about trying this with LC as it's been suggested it works real well that way. But then I realized that a big reason I'm doing this is so I can eat what I want. So at the moment I'm just going to keep what I'm doing and get the rhythm going and try not to gravitate so much to the sugar. HH is not helping that at the moment. I am working out on UDs and am real happy about that. The one question I have is about weekends. It would be ideal to do DDs Mon, Wed & Friday on a regular schedule which would make Sat & Sun both UDs. I'm getting the feeling from the JUDDD threads that I'd be shooting myself in the foot, although there are a couple people that have indicated that they do that. What are your thoughts?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
well, it looks like online is going to be the best bet for the RK's. i checked the vitamin shoppe and GNC. they had a few brands, but none without fillers or green tea/green coffee extract and the amount of RKs ranged from 100mg to 375mg. so i suppse if may go for the online version. it looks like you can get 1 bottle for $49 or 3 bottles for $89. is that what your friend paid? have you started taking them yet?

so i weighed this morning...was down 0.4 from the 16th (but up 1.4 from when i started juddd) and bf down another 0.1% (down 0.2% from when i started juddd) soooo some progress anyway.

how you doing with juddd?
Tag you're it

Yes I starting the RK with the green tea/coffee as my friend gave me some. It doesn't say how much actual RK is in them. I have noticed a difference in appetite to be sure. The first day I was a little caffeine stressed, but it was also a DD. Yesterday I didn't have the feeling, we'll see today. I found them on Nutrition the AI sports nutrition have 500mg without the caffeine, but does have some fillers. There were some bad reviews about the fillers on Amazon, but generally good reviews otherwise. The original ones that are pricey are the only ones that mention FDA regulated manufacturing, etc. So I'm thinking "get what you pay for". I'll see what we can get them for and let you know. My friend is taking those now and seems to be losing better but doesnít have quite the appetite control.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so what is your official weigh day then?

i dunno, i think if i'm going to try them i would rather get the $$ ones

as for appetite suppression, this is where i struggle the most. i don't think it would matter, there are lots of times on UDs where i choose to eat something even if my stomach isn't growling b/c it is, after all, an UD i have never 'lost my appetite' and not even sure what that means. i can always eat something.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah Iíve been doing that this week too, especially if it's a cookie

Tomorrow will be my weekly because it's a DD.

What do you think about my weekend two UD scenario? I'm thinking about it as a WOE rather than special occasion.

I'm leaning towards the $$ too. I'll let you know what my friend can do, if it's any better than the website.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i have done the two ud's in a row and saw neither quicker/slower losses...i say give it a go and see what happens, you can always change back to eod rotations. that's the beauty of the plan...very diverse.

maybe even take each weekend and decide as it's happening...if there's a fun filled weekend, do two ud's...if it's just a weekend at home do the eod? that's kinda of how i have decided to approach it...EOD dd's unless something comes up that i need to do do two ud's in a row...if that happens, then i will do a dd as soon as i can.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's a very reasonable approach. I like it!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Official Saturday weigh in Monday to Saturday down 2.2. Still means I'm up two for last Friday, but going to focus on going forward.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that's awesome! so happy for you!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Bud, this was by far the hardest day of all. I don't know if it's because it was on the weekend or that I tried to take a break from the Raspberry Ketones. I wanted to skip the caffeine that I'm especially sensitive to on DDs, I took one late in the day and it did seem to help. Maybe all in my mind, not sure

How was your weekend?