LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Hi Bud,
How goes the battle?

I'm in the middle of my second week stall. Since I'm already doing my stall breaker....? Trying to decide should I try VLC, beef day or what. I tried upping the calories that didn't do it. At this point I'm leaning towards beef day.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
sorry about your stall...i bet it resolves soon...just keep on keeping!!

i'm kinda a mess. who's bright idea was it to weigh right in the middle of mid-cycle? i have had horrible insomnia...have tried several sleep aides, last night was a titch better, but still was awake some. i know that lack of sleep is NOT conducive to weight loss. so until i get the sleep thing resolved, i'm just coasting along.

ella and i are heading to st louis tomorrow. she's so excited to see her buddy. ridge gets to go home to iowa on saturday!! so happy for them all!!

so anyway, that's my sad little story for now...

you got this, bud...don't get discouraged.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Bud!

My two go-to sleep aids are Valarian and Kava Kava. You can usually find either in the vitamin isle.

Have a great time in St. Louis
Old 01-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Bud!

How was St. Louis? It's been a lovely weekend here in the low 60s. Not quite warm enough to get out and dig, but nice enough to think about it.

I was getting frustrated so it was either toss in the towel or make up a new game. NEW GAME! So I stopped pellets Friday 7.6 lbs in 14 days. I'm going to take a basic low carb break for a week or two (depending on TOM) start pellets, but not load, this weekend or next and then go for another week long FF. I had a few too many carbs yesterday and swelled up like a sausage so I'll wait a couple days to weigh in. I'm going to try and get my exercise going again, that's the one thing I've really been lacking on.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

st louis was great. so fun to send ridge off home! he was so ready to go home. and of course always great to see my friend. ella had a blast too with her buddy.

when i think about doing ff w/ hcg, my brain goes completely blank on what i would eat.

still coasting but being ridiculously fed up is closing in....

i need to sort it out and get a plan.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Home Bud!
Yeah a little fed up with myself as well. We ate out three times over the weekend. Really!?!?! I havenít even weighed in since Friday. Just trying to keep it simple low carb at the moment so I donít drop everything. I think I might (a term that is always used loosely ) wait until I get Danaís book so I have a clear (someone elseís) plan in front of me. Not that FF hasnít done well on my own; I just need something fresh to sink my teeth into with some new meal ideas.

Some of my favs have been:
B Ė 1 egg, 1 yolk scrambled with butter, a little cheese and/or avocado. Egg yolk salad or Cream Cheese Muffins.
L Ė Cream Cheese muffins. Tuna salad, light on the tuna, heavy on the mayo. Salad with lots of dressing, light on the meat. Leftover meat with mayo dipping sauce.
D Ė Cheese crust pizza. Salad with lots of dressing, light on the meat. Any meat & veggies with your Alfredo sauce on it .
S & extras Ė I would balance out or up the fat with Brazil nuts, SF Whip and of course HWC in coffee.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Bud,
I just started reading this, will read more later. Sounds pretty interesting and no tracking Meat and egg fast anyone?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmm....yes...i heard about M/E looong ago. in fact i had pretty good luck with what is essentially zero carb. but it isn't overly friendly to...ahem, my living tendencies but you totally can't beat the simplicity.

will read more on it...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, those darned tendencies! If I was leaning towards the healthy side of that box that would be one thing........but alas I have a need to slap myself back into the Zone without an overly complicated WOE. I think I'll do it today at least to recover from the office party yesterday and hopefully not be overly disappointed with tomorrow's weigh in. And here comes the weekend again
Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

forgot to weigh today. not that it would have been an enjoyable experience.

loosely doing M/E. for some reason, my favorite PB is haunting and i have been eating that with the M/E.

sleeping is meh...i so wish i knew why i was struggling with that so much. i feel like that is one of the reasons i am making no headway with weight. but then i don't want that to be an excuse either.

how are you?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not great here either. I've gained back 5 of the 7 I lost earlier this month. Not that I didn't deserve too. I can't believe what I put in my mouth.

I did M/E yesterday. Sure makes FF look like a plethora of variety I'm going to do it again today, but then I'm not sure what. Just finishing up on HH week so hoping the sun comes out tomorrow PB sounds like heaven at the moment

Have a lovely Friday
Old 01-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, bud....hope you had a great weekend.

So I finally am feeling motivated to get going on something. I am going to give Juddd another shot. First DD today. Been hungry this evening but remind myself it's one day and hunger is not an emergency. Will still just weigh once a week tho, always after an DD. so Friday or Saturday morning.

Hope you are well, bud.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Bud!! Best of Luck!!

So what are you shooting for calorie wise on DD & UD? Are calories the only thing you're counting?

I didn't weigh before my ME so I don't know if a gain of 5# was an improvement or not, but the next day I was down 1.5#. Saturday I was in charge of taking my niece to her tennis tournament. I used taking an athlete to lunch to get DH to make a better choice in restaurants. We went to a high end sandwich/salad bakery type place. I could have had a salad but I was so cold in the fog at the tournament I opted for 1/2 a grilled sandwich and small soup and then back to basic low carb. I actually feel pretty good about my choice and am thinking about having a meal a week with healthy carbs to keep the devil away. Not sure if that will work with losing the low carb way, but it's worth a figuring it out for the long run try. The No S principals are starting to call to me. I enjoyed and did well with FF eating three meals rather than five mini meals. I remember that eating off LC would really stall me in the past, but I didnít have the ME and FF tools to counter act back then.

I'm going to do a ME day tomorrow and maybe another on Tuesday. With FF I always had the best results on day two and three. I'm not sure I can do it for three or not. Meat & eggs get real old real fast. When you do it, do you add anything else besides fat, like cheese, nuts, avocado, etc? I did have some avocado and whip the second day and did real well. I almost bought some peanut butter but wasnít sure I could control that one. And DH totally canít and asked me not to bring it in the house so I opted out of sneaking it at work. I haven't decided whether I'm going to weigh in to really gauge how it works or just wait 'till Friday. Leaning towards Friday.

I had planned on starting pellets next weekend and trying another FF round or maybe even a week of VLC and a week of FF. But if I can move consistently down with alternating ME with Std LC, I may hang with that for a while.

So off we go to Neverland again!!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

neverland is right, huh??

as for calories, i think i will try 500/1800 they say you want at least 1000 cal spread between ud/dd and this seems pretty doable. as for what i will track beyond cals, haven't decided 100%.

my gut has been in a tizzy since i came back from st louis. those trips turn into a eat whatever. but i always dump the carbs the minute i get in the car to come home. (TMI ahead)...while i am eating whatever, my bm's are normal...normal meaning formed ...told you tmi....by the time i had been eating no carbs at all on monday on the way home, i had loose bm again and have since and my gut is constantly churning and gurgling...all day, all night...terribly annoying...i am half tempted to simply track cals and eat (good) carbs to see if this gut thing changes. i don't know what it is about LC that causes my gut to do this, it's not veggies b/c i rarely eat them. i *thought* my gut was the quietest eating mostly meat and fat, but that hasn't been the case. we will see i guess.

your plans sounds good and solid. i too am glad for the different tools we have...remembering to actually USE them, that can be the challenge. for me anyway...
Old 01-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i too am glad for the different tools we have...remembering to actually USE them, that can be the challenge. for me anyway...
Remembering I can do. Now doing it today instead of tomorrow, that's my challenge.

Sometimes I wonder if itís just the change of WOE that cases the issues many times, but I'm definitely better off with some fiber. I've thought about trying to make those Flax meal cookies for once a day. I've also started taking Triphala that is supposed to get your gut in line. I really like it.

Well I went ahead and weighed in for data reasons. I'm basically back up to the 5# above LDW. #1 my good carb meal will probably have to wait until weigh loss phase is over (at least weekly) #2 I wanted to see the actual results of ME day.

Hope you have a great week! Sounds like you have an excellent plan.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, maybe making some flax muffins to have daily may be all i need...i will try making some today.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

do you know where you were weight wise before your sandwich to know that it caused a problem?

i did eat my fav PB with my 'M/E' days.

something i had friday that was super good....3 boiled eggs chopped in a bowl...a little mustard, lots of mayo, and real bacon crumbles on top. i didn't mix it all up, just blobbed the mayo on it and ate it! so good!!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That does sound yummy. I remember you talking about the PB, that didn't stall you then? I'm thinking about ME, FF & NK and how to combine or tweak to make a livable, losable WOE. I think finding the right calorie range is the key. I should try to log just for reference, it's just so nice to take a break from that and I'd really like to figure out a way to live without it. Or maybe I can live without it, just not lose so much

So Saturday am after two MEs I was 140.3. Saturday - sandwich day, Sunday - low carb (which included a low carb wrap). Today 142.8. TOM is due, but HH is over.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ya got me if PB stalls me...i wasn't weighing. frankly, i have no clue what does and doesn't stall me...i have never been that aware to really know that.

that's a bummer about the sammich. what if you tried again not so close to HH/TOM to make sure it wasn't that the gain was from?

i am feeling really good today. i had coffee with hwc when i got up, but didn't eat till 11:45 then i had a 560cal lunch consisting of some carbs. and feel really satisfied. so that leaves a good chunk of cals left for the day!

lunch:
half a pita (100 cals/15 net carbs) with a scrambled egg, one laughing cow cheese, and a little ham (THIS WAS YUMMY!!)

2 of my bran muffins i made this morning w/a total of 1T butter (muffins, 87 cals & 12 net carbs each)

a string cheese

2 sf bread & butter pickle spears
Old 01-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds like a wonderfully yummy day!!

I will try my "good carb" meal down the road. I would really like to incorporate it into "living".

I'm starting to wonder if I'll need HCG with my FF next week because my hunger button is already getting diminished with M/E. I wonder how alternating M/E and FF would work? No, I can't control this morphing brain.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, bud! hope your day is going well!

DD here and going really well. have only had coffee with cream early this morning. it's 1pm and i haven't had lunch yet and feel good. i think the longer i can without my first meal, the less overall hunger i have...kwim? i have read others say that when they do eat, then they get hungrier sooner. so will just keep going till hunger doesn't go away. right now the growly tummy comes and go.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Afternoon Bud!
I find even if I'm not real hungry and I eat it does make me hungrier. I would have trouble with not eating and only having coffee though, that really gets to my tummy.

Today after ME I was down 1.2. I think Iíll go ahead and weigh this week as long as Iím doing ME just to get a good idea of the results compared to FF. Iím still considering alternating ME & FF. Maybe doing one during the week, low carb on the weekend and doing the other the following week.

Also Iím trying the CLA/GLA regiment. Have you ever tried that? Iíve taken both before but really never noticed any benefit. From what Iíve been reading itís because I wasnít taking enough. Itís supposed to be especially beneficial to size more than weight. Some people see noticeable results in as little as a week, some it takes a few, some donít see any and some have actually gained. With all the other touted benefits:
Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) to promote lean muscle while burning fat.
Gamma Linoleic Acid (GLA) for its many beneficial effects in fighting muscle inflammation and supporting the immune system. From a fat loss perspective, GLA is vital in supporting the production of two strong fat burning hormones...growth hormone and the bodyís primary calorie burning hormone, thyroid hormone.
CLA Turns on Fat Breakdown Genes
CLA Boosts Endurance
Reduce the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis
Clear up acne and rosacea
Alleviate inflammation associated with lupus
Prevent nerve damage (neuropathy) due to diabetes
Combat damage from multiple sclerosis
Ease cough and soothe throat disorders
Treat Alzheimer's-related memory deficiencies
Reduce stress and high blood pressure
Nourish nails, scalp, and hair
Counter impotence and female infertility

I figured Iíd give it a try.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I didn't end up eating till after 6!! And felt perfectly fine all day. And interestingly, my gut has been completely quiet, which has been so nice.

I was taking CLA a few weeks ago...quit after missing a few days, which led to a few more days and you know how that goes. I didn't notice much change. but wasn't taking GLA with it. Let me know how it goes.

Your alternating plan sounds good....anxious to hear how it goes for you.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:42 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Bud!
How goes the adventure?

Today I'm back down to my weekly low on Saturday, before sandwich day. So I feel good about that. I had a NK day yesterday, slowed the losses a touch but relieved the feeling of fatigue with things. I'm a little anxious today. I have a labor law seminar this morning (lots of pastries) I'm going to visit my sister in the hospital (some mysterious infection) and then I'm in the world running errands. I'm going to pack stuff, have a BAB before I leave and hope for self control.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:13 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning!

doing good here. still feel really in the groove which i'm so thankful for as i have been in that floundering far too long.

today is a DD. i am not planning a menu today unless i absolutely need to...in other words, other than the coffee i had this morning, it's just going to be diet root beer, coke zero, or crystal light. i seriously think i could have gone all day on tuesday without a meal. i only ate so i didn't have to answer 'why aren't you eating' when we sat down for supper. not a good reason to eat, i know...b/c as soon as i ate that meal, my stomach got all growly for the rest of the evening when it had been fine all day WITHOUT eating...it's very strange.

your day sound does like a nail biter, but i bet with your BAB, maybe make it a SBAB heehee... but i know you can kill it and do great!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Agreed! Just ate my packed ham and grabbed another big hunk to pack. I can do this. thanks Bud.

I know what you mean about the Why aren't you eating convensation. That's a big part of why I do FF more in meal form
Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

day is half done, hope it's been a breeze for you so far, bud!

it's nearly 2pm here and i haven't eaten. just had crystal light.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You go girl!! You are in the Zone.

Well thanks to your encouraging words hee, hee I ate a SSBAB and breezed right through the seminar and the rest of the day.

Here's to The Friday Official for me. Is it going to be Friday or Saturday for you?
Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woohoo! i knew you could do it!!

i weighed...i am down 2.4 from when i weighed in the middle of mid-cycle....i need to go back and read to see what day that was. not sure how much is from juddd and how much is losing fluid retention from that. but i know where i am now and hopefully it's all downhill from here. i did body fat % too.... umm...ewwww.... let's hope THAT number goes down too!

UD today and lunch with my friend.

hope you have a great weigh in!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice job Bud!

My official is -1.7, which incorporates sammich day, so I'm happy enough with that. Today is NK and probably for the weekend. Then I still plan on FF for next week. I'm thinking Iíll try it without HCG this time.