Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #121
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Hey, gyrl!! I can't wait to get caught up with all of you. I have lots of news of my own! Stay tuned. (Or Terri can spill the beans. I know that's mean.)
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
ohhh...news!! love news!
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #123
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Okay. Very briefly, I got hired on January 3rd to work part time doing what I've been doing for a full year as a volunteer! It's only 2 afternoons a week and it's on the books so taxes will come out, but I can pick up hours when the other girls need time off. And in March, the morning girl wants to go back to AZ to visit her father for two weeks.

So I'm on the fast track to health and fitness! I started doing a green veggie detox/cleanse on the same day I got offered the job. I'm down 6.2 lbs in the first three days and I'm going strong. I eat some nuts once per day because I don't like not having any protein or fat, but I'm basing my cleanse on the documentary, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." It can be seen on Netflix or Hulu. It really opened my eyes and now I can see the beauty in it.

That should keep you satisfied until we can talk some more. Missed you!!!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-06-2013 at 06:41 PM..
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Cheryl! That is so awesome! God is so very good! So happy for you"

Dh and I watched that doc...we got totally inspired to try green smoothies...as opposed to juicing. They kinda do a number on my gut. I would love to be able to do them more but don't do we'll only drinking my meals. I would like to see if having one smoothie a day in the evening will have any impact...just need to do it. I bought a nutribullet and really love it. You'll have to look it up sometime...it's a magic bullet on steroids!! Lol!

Missed you too!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
so i don't know if this a new creation or not, but i made fat bomb soup!

1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1T unsalted butter
1T coconut oil
2 egg yolks

36g fat, 10 protein, 2 carb

heat the broth. add the oil/butter. with a stickblender, start blending and then add the egg yolks. was thinking, if one uses eggs to make mayo, why not blend it in broth to keep from having an oil slick. this was what i didn't always care for with coconut oil in my coffee.

it's sooo yummy! very creamy and a great hot drink that's not coffee or tea.

needed to keep my protein down a bit so didn't add any chicken, but for a meal, you could add chicken or meat of choice.

oh, i saw where you posted my alfredo sauce (glad you shared )...did i really say only one brick of cc when i gave you that recipe? i always use two.
Wow that's sounds yummy, what a great idea. I'll bet it was really filling. I was wondering about using only egg yolks in the mayo to make it higher fat or one egg/one yolk. Have you ever tried that? I'm just about ready to try mayo again. I have my stick blender.

Tonight I made the Peanut Butter Cream Cheese from Dana's recipes, but I used Tahini instead of Peanut Butter (higher fat) and pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon. I used EZ Sweets. They came out way too sweet. I'll try it tomorrow, maybe with some whip on it but I may need to scrap it. Either that or throw it back in a bowl and add more cream cheese & Tahini. I also made lemon cream cheese muffins. First time I used lemon; they didn't rise as much but didn't fall much either. I found the secret to falling less is to let the egg & cream cheese sit out all day to get to room temp instead of heating in the microwave.

As much as I gained I was barely fitting into my 4s so I got down my 8s from up in the attic (never did buy 6s) Even though I'm heavier then when we started, my 8s that fit me fine if not a little tight are too baggy. When we were looking at pictures from our vacations DH saw my before picture I posted way back and make to comment about how much smaller I am now. But I'm the same weight. So I think the redistribution of fat is at least still hanging in. That at least is encouraging.

I checked the recipe I cut & pasted for the Alfredo and it's definitely 1 block and I love it so much I'm not sure I want to change it.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that's great about hubby's observations.

i have a couple pair of jeans that i can't wear right now. i look back to progress pictures i have posted (when noah was in the midst of his treatments) and just want to scream at myself, b/c i know at the time i was still not totally satisfied...what i would give to be back there.

too funny about the recipe. i made a batch saturday and thought about only using one brick and using butter in place of the other brick, so 3 sticks butter, 1 brick cc...but didn't. i will try that next time i think.

i can't remember if the mayo i made awhile ago, with the dry ranch, used 2 egg yolks or 1 whole, one yolk... i'm still eating on that stuff. keeps pretty well.

my 'soup' was filling! i wonder how it could be made into a dessert drink...add some vanilla, spices, sweetener...but what to use in place of the broth? seems like water would make it weak?

oh, am down .4 this morning.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 01-07-2013 at 06:11 AM..
Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice loss. I know what you mean. When I hit my 125 goal I lowered it to 122 But we'll be back in those jeans in no time

So I'm up 3.5 from loading. Obviously didn't stay as low carb as planned. Don't know why I do that. I have everything dialed and then just don't do it.

First FF is all worked out 1164 calories, 81%. We'll see if I can make that happen.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Bud,
Good start to the Fat Fast. 1046 calories, 81% fat - down 1.6.

How's your day?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

day is good. i was up the .4 i was down yesterday, but weighed a lot earlier than the day before. i'm not recording daily's...just friday's.

just keeping on keeping on.

big congrats on being down, that's awesome!!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Bud,

So far I'm liking this. Yesterday 1332/83% - down 2.4. The good news is load weight is gone. The bad news is I'm still mad about gaining those 3.5 pounds during load
Old 01-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woohoo! excellent!

i was down just .2 painfully slow, but am not feeling it to do anything drastic to take it off faster right now.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

With that in mind, moving on your downward trend is awesome!!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:23 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Bud,

Official Friday weigh in down 1.9. Post load loss 5.4, after five days. This is the best yet of any round. The other achievement, every other time I did FF I gained on day five. This being day five I was a little scared to for official weigh in, but was down .8. So I very happy with FF/HCG.

How'd your Friday weigh in go?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

a goose egg for me. :/ the same as last friday even tho i was right around 2 down most of the week. ate out for lunch yesterday. maybe i'll try higher calorie this week. it was ending up on the lower end even tho i wasn't really looking at calories, just protein g and total carbs, but maybe that isn't beneficial. we'll see i guess.

those danged social things...i don't want to stop them, and i don't want to have to explain myself all the time either...it's so frustrating....i'd like to keep up eating with my sister more regularly and then there's my other friend i usually try to get together with once a week.

so happy your round is going so well!!

Last edited by dazygyrl; 01-11-2013 at 06:52 AM..
Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sure you're right about lunch yesterday. I'll bet tomorrow it'll be gone again.

I used this with my sister when she asked me if I was watching anything, did I want grilled steak and shrimp or lasagna and French bread for dinner. I told her I wasn't really dieting, I just don't really eat a lot of carbs anymore because I feel so much better when I don't. That way no one felt uncomfortable about if something was on my diet and if I decided to have a little piece of bread, which I did, no one was critiquing if I was sticking with my "diet". And truth be known I do feel better.

So I tried my size 4s today (the biggest ones ) and they fit, not tight, but still a little bulgy KWIM. I am just back into the 130s today.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woohoo! congrats on your jeans!

i read dana's carb smart article on her experience with fat fast and hcg...do you know, she didn't mention if she was taking hcg while doing it? how long, if she was?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
woohoo! congrats on your jeans!

i read dana's carb smart article on her experience with fat fast and hcg...do you know, she didn't mention if she was taking hcg while doing it? how long, if she was?
Yes, she did FF both with and without HCG, but I got the impression that she had better results with (maybe that's what I wanted to hear ). I wasn't able to figure out how long she did it, but she did mention that she went beyond the popular 5 day limit.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:54 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Miss thing ready for ger first gymnastics meet today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

She is absolutely beautiful. I'll bet that picture gives Daddy a little pause
Old 01-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

what a fun day! she did so great! she ended up with: balance beam, champion! floor, champion! vault, 2nd place! bars, 3rd! her team got 1st place! for having been sick all week, she did fabulous! so proud!

Last edited by dazygyrl; 01-12-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

didn't work. was trying to post a video

Last edited by dazygyrl; 01-12-2013 at 02:01 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Go Ellie

I didn't get the video link
Old 01-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, i couldn't get it to post.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just close my eyes and imagine from the beautiful picture
Old 01-14-2013, 05:23 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Bud!
How was your weekend? Is little Miss still reveling in her fame and success?

Well not a bad start to the FF round.
Week one total:
Post load – 7.4
Preload – 3.9
Now that I’m past the lovely week one, we’ll see how things will go. I feel good, good energy and don’t feel deprived. So those are all great signs. It does still appear I’m doing better on higher calories. I did 1183/82% yesterday trying to end the weekend with a bang and had my first stall. I’ve been averaging 1300/83%.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

weekend was good. yes, she took her ribbons to church to show her friends. if you go to my FB you should be able to see the videos.

big congrats on your excellent week!

i'm still just floating along. i did order a free ketone meter. or at least i filled out a form, will see if it shows up or not. i'm not sure if it's something i can keep up with and maintain a 'social life'. i know it sounds like an excuse, but we all know how restaurant food behaves even if i do choose NK-ish things....ya know? my friend invited me out this week so we are going to today. we'll see i guess. my apologies for always bringing this up, but it's where i am right now and something i need to get figured out...how to fit this 'living' in with the whole journey...it really shouldn't be this difficult...time with friends/family should be enjoyed, not fretted about...kwim? that's why i am seeming to take the position of NK when i can, and not to worry when i can't...but for weight loss, i don't know how that fits in yet.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Are you kidding!?! Do you remember the “figuring it out for the long run" part of this journal? Enjoying our life with family and friends has got to be #1. We'll figure this out. But I'm afraid what the world out there offers is not our friend, no matter what plan we're on. I think it's a matter of making the world conform to us. Sometimes more difficult than others, I know But the world out there is changing due to demand, I guess we just have to keep demanding. (and tip well when our demands are met )

It took about two months for me to get my meter, probably since I not have any afflictions. I've had it a month and still not taken it out of the box. I don't seem to be in any hurry to prick my finger.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for understanding...i just feel like a broken record sometimes.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We're still both fighting the same fight as when we met, just tweaking it here and there to find the perfect recipe. It's just so much better to do it together
Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yes it is.