Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Aw thank you! Hope Cheryl is doing well!

Hoops you have a great Christams as well.

dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, bud! hope you had a fabulous christmas!

ours was great! (but secretly ready to get back to 'normal'...shhhh)

i'm sure i'm up some but think i won't weigh till friday. getting back to NK with lowered cals tho...just think that for me to lose it has to be lower, unfortunately. will do that by lowering fat.

noah had a MRI and checkup today and all is perfect!! so thankful!

hope you are well, bud.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Big Christmas blessing for Noah Christmas was great, but the six hours down and eight hours back was a killer!

I know I'm up, afraid to know how much! I've been waffling terribly on what WOE to follow, then all of a sudden it came to me. I'm looking at it all wrong, I need to decide on a way of exercising and supplement with WOE. I've been wanting to try slow burn. I mean 30 minutes a week, how could I not? For WOE I've still got to trail blaze. So to start I'm going to do 3 days of protein only then move to low carb, not quite sure of the details at the moment. I'm going to start, measure and weigh in Monday. I'll then go to Friday weigh ins.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning! way to get a plan figured out! what meaty things do you have planned for your protein days?

why was the trip tortuous? i thought you liked road trips....
Old 12-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Bud!
Well tomorrow it's going to be:
B - Bacon & Eggs
L - Hamburger Patty
D - Roast Chicken

I just received an email from Carb Smart that Dana Carpenterís Fat Fast recipe book is coming out. So that cinches it. After my protein days I'll be going to Fat Fast/NK.

The drive was so torturous because on the way down we had a lot of heavy rain and on the way back a lot of road construction. It just made for two long days.

So how are you doing? Any plans for New Years?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ah yes those would make a less fun trip.

I will look up that recipe book.

doing good here we are having a family thing at church on nye. it's an all night thing but I don't want to stay all night.

shopping with kids today. they wanted to spend their Christmas money.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 12-29-2012 at 01:43 PM..
Old 12-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

where will the book be sold?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is the sign up site for further info and discount for preorder, plus some free recipes that aren't in the book. The book will be available in January.
fatfastrecipes.com

I did my returns and final shopping yesterday. How are the crowds today? Yesterday it was a breeze.

We always stay in for New Years and avoid the partiers. Usually wake up at midnight when we hear the fireworks and gun shots for a Happy New Years Kiss.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

k...i will look that up more. are they any sample recipes?

crowds weren't too bad. busy but not overwhelming.

so cute...a happy new year's kiss in the middle of the night.

we had huhot for supper (here comes water retention ) and i had a couple homemade caramels i found in the car that a friend of our's makes every year. they were yummy...now, back at it!!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There are a couple sample recipes and a link to purchase ingredients from Amazon. In the book it's going to tell us how to use Fat Fast with a low carb lifestyle and with HCG. There will also be info on NK. Yep, I'm pretty excited. Just wish it was available right away

So what's huhot? I've had my share of evil treats this season too. Just had my favorite cheeseburger at The Habit for lunch. I would love to not weigh in tomorrow but I think I would be disappointed not knowing how well my plan works.

Did the kids find what they were looking for yesterday?
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HuHot is a Mongolian grill. you pile your plate full of raw/food and the cooks cook it on a big grill thingy and then you go sit at your table and eat it. it's quite lc friendly actually, but for some reason, it always causes water retention.

the book sounds very interesting indeed!

kids mostly found what they wanted, kyle still has some money left. ella had a hard time understanding why she couldn't get anything. mom gave her what she asked for...an american girl doll with carrying case....the boys, she gave money.

i still have my christmas money too...not sure yet what i want to get. i did buy a new phone case with some of it for when i upgrade to an iphone5 in a couple weeks.

going to an all night NYE thing at church tonight...it's a soup/snack thing...so i may allow this last night of fun eats within reason. NOT staying all night tho!!!

Last edited by dazygyrl; 12-31-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Old 12-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so i subscribed the other day, but how do you get those 'extras'?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Bud!
We have Mongolian BBQ here too. I love them. I think it's probably the salt or sugar in the sauces

It took a day for me to get the email confirmation of my subscription and then when I went back to the site the tab buttons allowed more access. Waiting on baited breath though for the book to come out. I'll save some Christmas money for that.

I weighed in today; it was not good but not as bad as I feared. So I don't feel too discouraged all & all. I'm pretty much low carb today but I am going to have a small potato with my steak tonight. Tomorrow I'll measure and kick off the plan. I haven't completely decided if I'll still do a protein day or just start off with Fat Fast/NK. We'll see how tomorrow rings in.

Have a great time tonight. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy new year, bud! i pray the coming year brings you joy and health. so thankful to have you on this journey.

back to simplicity...
Old 01-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Bud! You Too!!

Here's to a great 2013
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Bud!
Insane day!! My boss called me on the way in that our server was down. After a couple hours of rebooting and a struggling computer tech I started to think I was going to have to cut sixty payroll checks by hand. So there I was looking up tax codes on my iPhone. We finally got the server up, payroll entered and direct deposit posted by 3:00, whew.

So today started out as Fat Fast and ended up as 1500 calories and 82% fat. Not bad considering. I also started my slow burn, kinda. My same lift-squat routine at the slow burn pace. Didnít quite get to the point of exhaustion, but close and I think a good start.

How did your day go? Are the kids back to school or is that next week?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:45 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning! whoa! talk about getting down to the wire, huh? glad it all worked out in time.

sounds like a great FF day! do you keep protein at your required amount on FF days? i'll have to look up slow burn, not entirely sure what that is. did you get the extra pdf files that it talked bout on that FFrecipe site if you sign up? i got the email right after signing up, but not sure about those 'extras' it talked about.

kids went back today. kyle has a game tonight and monday then he's done with basketball. he said he's not going to do track which is the next sport in line...if that is the case, he won't be doing any sports till baseball this summer!! i'm kinda struggling with him. i *know* in my heart it's most likely hormones and teenage syndrome, but he just acts like it's torture to be around me or talk to me. he asked me to take him to walmart to spend some christmas money...sure, i said. told him most likely everyone would go...ugh, he says, but ok. well as it turned out it was just he and i that went. i expected him to be crabby if everyone went, but here it was just he and i and he just is sour and seemingly mad the whole time we are gone...it just really broke my heart. i *hope* it's just a teenage thing. trying to talk to him is pointless he just gets more mad. soooo, am trying to work thru that and be reasonable about it.

eating is fine, a good NK day yesterday. got an invite from sister asking if i wanted to have lunch with her today. ( only b/c it seems social "things" are never ending) this is rare for her, so am totally taking her up on it. why is it ALWAYS the day before a weigh in that i get invited out. :/ so not sure if she has something on her mind to talk about or if it's simply just and invite for lunch....we shall see i guess....she suggested mexican.

hope you have a great day!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Bud,
I just forwarded you a new email that had the extras to click on. I haven't tried it yet. If I got anything additional from the web site I'll forward that to you as well.

Oh the teenage years. I was a terrible teenager. I teased and apologized to my mom for years after. One day he will grow out of it and look back and get it. I just hope you survive. The hardest thing to deal with is you probably can't make it better because what he's mad at probably doesn't have anything to do with you. Try to remember that when it seems unbearable

I'm trying to give up on the social opportunities derailing me and just make the best choices possible and call it living the lifestyle. Sometimes it works better than others. My favorite NK mex is taco salad with carnitas, hold the shell, beans and rice. It's actually great. Now at Paco's I'm not sure I could resist my Flying Saucer
Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah I first learned about Slow Burn on some of the early NK threads. I did some research and picked out the program that seemed the best for me. This one is written by the same people as Protein Power so they get my WOE, plus there is a routine for the gym and one for home and I like to exercise at home.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

my head knows it's most a likely a teenaged phase, but my heart isn't taking it as well, ya know. this too shall pass....

i weighed this morning. i am up 4 from the last time i weighed on dec 7, i think it was. just gonna move on and keep going. not worth dwelling. i did eat mexican yesterday with chips and salsa and all. so will weigh again tomorrow to see if any of that was a water bump from yesterday's carbs.

i'm just going to focus on getting my required protein g and keeping carbs less than 50 total. going to try not worrying about fat g and calories. if i don't see any movement down or any movement up, i will monitor more closely.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

December 7 was my last weigh in before this week too. I'm up 5. I weighed in Tuesday the 1st and Iím down .10 since then. My evaluation:
1. First day just did low carbish
2. Twice Iíve had take out, once was KFC and I ate the skin and the biscuit.
3. Two days of NK 1500/82 & 2271/80
4. I started slow burn and am still a little sore
So bottom line, I feel pretty good about it.
For now Iím hanging with NK and trying to get Slow Burn going on a routine.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we'll get there, bud!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Girly Girl!
So DH gained over the holidays too. More than me and to the point it's affecting his back. He's been trying to get going on low carb. Last night he announces that he needs to kick start things and although he didn't want to do HCG, he knows it works and needs to get the weight coming off. So guess what.............yep loading today

Now do I do protocol, protocol-rogue or fat fast? He's doing protocol-rogue, that would be easier, but I'm thinking about FF.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ah, yes...dh talked about it here too. but we are going to try to stick with strict LC. NK for me. i am down 1.6 this morning. will just do my best to keep the momentum going.

good luck on your round!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

With those kind of results I'd keep the momentum going too.

I decided to try FF right off the bat. Up 1# today. Had a few carby treats on day one of loading. Will try to do NK for today's load, but I am not purposely overeating.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hate it when I get the munchies! Where do they come from? I'm not physically hungry, just want to eat...kwim?
Old 01-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Totally! Too much of that lately. I just don't seem to be able to get that strict no-nonsense WOE going. Hoping the HCG/FF will slap me into shape.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so i don't know if this a new creation or not, but i made fat bomb soup!

1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1T unsalted butter
1T coconut oil
2 egg yolks

36g fat, 10 protein, 2 carb

heat the broth. add the oil/butter. with a stickblender, start blending and then add the egg yolks. was thinking, if one uses eggs to make mayo, why not blend it in broth to keep from having an oil slick. this was what i didn't always care for with coconut oil in my coffee.

it's sooo yummy! very creamy and a great hot drink that's not coffee or tea.

needed to keep my protein down a bit so didn't add any chicken, but for a meal, you could add chicken or meat of choice.

oh, i saw where you posted my alfredo sauce (glad you shared )...did i really say only one brick of cc when i gave you that recipe? i always use two.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 01-06-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Old 01-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #119
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks for the invite and the link, Terri! I will start from post #1 and get caught up tomorrow. Happy to see some of the old gang is still here!!!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, hi there miss cheryl!!