Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Julie! Lovely Avi, you're looking great!!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #812
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
hi, julie! yes, i am just doing No-S and eating whatever. i can't tell you how freeing it is mentally for me. i was just done with eliminating food groups worrying about shouldn't eat this or that. just was done. i was reading int he IE thread (carolina coast's thread) and ouizoid made brief mention of No-s and it was like why did i ever leave it in the first place!!! i think bc at the time i was focused on weight loss. now, i'm more interested in changing habitsÖ.if weight loss happens then that is great too. the only thing i count is 3 plates a day. S days do contain sweets and a little more volume of food, but come Monday, i'm ready to return to my 3 plates a day with no seconds, no snacks, no sweets. for me, who is completely resistant to strictness, No-S is structure with complete freedom.

thanks for your kind words, it was time for a change.

and i'm so excited for my sister. God is good!! (and sometimes, completely unpredictable. )
I'm leaning toward this type of maintenance lifestyle. I seem to do better on some carbs anyway and am looking for more balance. I'm still stabilizing after my first Rx hcg round and doing pretty well with it. Quite pleased actually . But lifetime maintenance as a smaller me? That'll require some effort I think. I like the no"s" approach and naturally eat lighter during the weeks with more indulging on the weekend. I rarely have seconds, although I will have a snack on workout days. Definitely food for thought .

Thanks Terri! That's from antelope canyon back in Oct. I'm hing to go back there in August
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another good one from ouizoid I thought youíd like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
if you want weight loss stories, go visit Everyday Systems (the NoS site)--and check out the Yearly Check in forum. Even though they do it differently then IE (no sugar sweets or seconds except on days that start with S--which by the way triggered binging for me) these folks eat one plate 3 times a day and it doesn't matter what is on that plate. The weight loss was slow but if you read the success stories, many many people had success in losing weight as well as freedom from diethead. Many people initially gained but went on to lose all their weight. It happens slowly but it happens.

I do my version of No S--which is 3 plates a day and anything, including sweets can be on that plate--I don't feel compelled to finish everything on the plate. Like Kristina, I travel constantly (I'm off to NYC in a couple of days) and it is so incredibly freeing to take my food sanity with me no matter where I go. I don't feel deprived, I don't feel obsessed--would I love to instantly be 30 pounds lighter? Yes, but not at the cost of my mental and physical balance.
I think this is more like Iím doing. Itís almost impossible to actually be hungry in-between and if I am, Iím close enough to the next meal that I donít want to snack and blow being hungry for that. How are you doing?

Iím almost ready for Gus. Crate set up, play pen set up and just got the bed for that today. Garage bath salon is set up. John Deere collar ready (Noah will like that ). Now all I need is a puppy!!!!!

So how is Riley girl doing? Is she still taking you out for walks?
Old 05-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
yes! i had seen that one from ouizoid. good one!

still doing good. it's funny, when it comes to meal time, i usually have no idea what to eat. when nothing is off limits, food becomes so much less exciting? not sure if that's the word i'm looking forward. the sweets/grazing reserved for S days is very easy to keep to S days, i feel no need or temptation to eat them on N days.

love that mr g will have a john deere collar…must post a pic with him and his digs.

Riley is great. yes, we are walking agin now that the weather is nicer. and she knows what 'walk' means and gets super excited when i say 'wanna go for walk?' taking her to a kennel early saturday morning as we have to go to MN for a graduation party for hubby's brother's daughter. will be back early afternoon monday as we are planning a going away party for dh's employee. it's bittersweet. he's been with dh since he was in high school with a brief hiatus while he was away at college. he's been married about 5-ish years and separated the last 3…his wife had a breakdown of sorts...she had a horrible childhood and it sort of caught up to her. he finally insisted on a divorce. he is moving up to MN to be near his brother and mom. we wish him nothing but the best and pray he can find an excellent wife and start having babies. his wife is fool for letting him go. he is the nicest guy.

how you doing?
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love the new Avi. It's great to see Elli, she's getting so big! What happened to your little girl?

As far as meals, I'm the same way. What do I want? For the most part, don't really care. However I will go out of my way to make it lovely when I decide. Like last night, DH was gone, I was busy, going to spray the yard so I didnít' want to eat from poison hands. I had a hotdog left, easy-peasy, but I made it grilled with butter and a little melded cheese and mustard. It was wonderful. Normally I would have had mayo and whatever else I could think of and it would have been okay, just not wonderful. I realized last night that I have spent so much time over making and over eating my food that I really never enjoyed it as much as I thought I would. The old saying of "less is more" is starting to come home.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:54 AM   #816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

what a gourmet hotdog you had! with or without a bun?

i had my plate a little fuller last night. i felt the urgings of potentially wanting to snack, so i figured, better to maybe have a bit more on my plate than have to fight with the munchies. i had a polish sausage (not made up nearly as fancy as your's just cut up, nuked and eaten with ketchup, but was quite tasty ) a fairly big pile of tater tots….love tater tots…a banana and a small cup of vanilla bean almonds. but i certainly didn't feel stuffed, just pleasantly satisfied.

thanks, about the avatar….yes, miss thing is growing up. will be in 4th grade next year.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 05-22-2014 at 04:55 AM..
Old 05-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

how ya doing, bud? are you so excited for tomorrow??

so i think our summer is going to look quite different. when kyle saw the ortho doc after he had his MRI, he gave us a Rx for physical therapy (a month ago). ky was adamant he wasn't going to do that.

early this week he told me he thought he needed to do the PT. so we went for his initial appt last night. therapist doesn't wanting him throwing again…AT ALL…until he can throw completely pain free. he can basically only bat and ONLY if he can bat without pain. we will do therapy 2-3 times a week (over an hr away one way ) he said if he continues to just muscle through and throw with as much pain as he has, and bc it's on an open growth plate, he could cause permanent damage. so we will see….he talked to his coach today and i guess he didn't seem too upset. i haven't been too thrilled with the way it has seemed he was dealing with ky hurting…seemed like he was blaming him or thinking he should just get over with it and deal. i can't ever get a whole lot of info out of him, so i hope he doesn't 'punish' kyle for future seasons bc this one is turning out the way it is. pray for quick healing!!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a bummer! Kyle must be heartbroken. Is there another sport he can move to that wouldnít injure his shoulder while he grows into it? If his coach doesnít support him, he doesnít care about his future and that deserves no respect. Maybe now that he has seen the PT and gotten the official word the coach will realize the validity and change his tune.

Iím very happy to be doing IE right now. With the puppy I donít think I could do anything else, as I can eat whatever I want, as long as Iím hungry. I canít say that Iíve been perfect. I wasnít really hungry for those chips yesterday but I donít feel like Iíve blown it or have to ďrestart and recommitĒ to something and that is so unstressful. And running around the yard with a puppy is not hurting me any. How is No S going?

Hereís my sweet boy on his first day. I forgot how much work they are. But weíre having a great time! Heís at work with me today. I wore his little self out this morning playing, so heís being a little angel (meaning heís sleeping )

2014-05-24 13.18.48.jpg
Old 05-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So cute!! Glad to hear things are going well.

I hear you on being busy and having IE/no-s. While I'm not loving where I am weight wise, this is what I need to do. I do feel that I am able to start having smaller portions so that's a start.

Kyle is doing his first therapy appt now. So it looks like he will only be batting for the time being. Altho last light at his first game he only had a walk a two strike outs.

It seems the coach became more understanding when kyle told him the therapist said he could do permanent damage if he continued throwing with so much pain.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was hoping that would be the case! Knowing Kyle, this will probably be the incentive to develop his batting skills even more to become the well rounded player that is so rare today. Babe Ruth anyone? Without the lifestyle perhaps

I would rather see the scale down too, however with all the downward movement of the last year I've had just as much upward movement, ending up with a big goose egg. And I have been (as you know) "dieting" constantly. I really think this is the key to getting me on a normal, healthy path. I believe the weight will ease as my body stops gearing up for the next assault. And the lack of stress (cortisol) can't be anything but helpful.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, after his first game with no hits, he got some hits on wednesday. got a RBI but was out at first. then got one or two more hits but again, got out at first. for some reason an out after a hit is better than striking out, kwim? at least to my mommy brain. not sure if HE agrees, but some contact with the ball is better than no contact.

been a few days, how's puppy doing?

still plugging along. i feel very puffy today…i;m horrible at drinking water. and i think that is why i wake up feeling puffy sometimes…at least i hope so. meals weren't really any different and only had two meals yesterday. i'm still trying to find motivation to try and put less on my plates without feelings of deprivation creeping in. and i'm still really trying to not let the fit of my clothes get to me…my focus needs to be on habit forming but sometimes it's quite distressing how my clothes are fitting. i'm in my third week of solid no-s. the desire to snack is truly not there, so by rights, i should be able to work on changing what it is i put on my plate to be healthier options and less food, but am struggling to do that just yet and i can't put my finger on why.

anyway….just rambling, i guess….

my sister is here from MN for two weeks, so it will be busy the next two weeks hanging out with her, taking kyle to PT 3 times a week (that's over an hr away one way… ) plus take ella to gymnastics the two mornings next week that kyle doesn't have PT. oy!! i feel like the summer is going to fly by! with all that running around and baseball games 4 evenings a week.

ella is going to go home with sister when she heads back on june 9. we will meet half-way on the 20th to get her back and then she goes to bible camp on the 22nd for another week. so she will be away from home for 3 weeks!! she's looking forward to it all tho.

hope you are well!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #822
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thatís a nice picture of you two!

I totally know what you mean about hits vs. strike outs. Thatís better for his stats as well isnít it?

I seem to be maintaining in the low end of my window. Since with the pup, I havenít been as focused, so Iím elated. Hopefully as things start to settle my body will consider blessing me with reducing a bit. Iím on board with you though, the most important thing is the habit making. And oh my, what a blessing not to say ďI canít have thatĒ!

Today is Gusís first day home alone. DH should get off early, but Iím biting my nails. He seems pretty happy with his pen but does not like being alone. The kitty is starting to come around. Iím hoping she will realize that he would be a good companion and she would be in charge and stop fighting it.

Sounds like you have a busy summer indeed. Itíll fly by. When are the Chicklets out of school? Howís the business going?

Have a great weekend!!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:02 AM   #823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning,
Just had to share, for the first time in almost a year I saw the 130s today. Technically 139.9 So is it:
IE
Playing with the puppy
Artichoke & Forskolin supplements

Probably all of the above. All I can say is I'm living large today!

I did skip breakfast yesterday. Not really intentionally, I wasn't hungry so I just threw it in my bag and hit the road. But I had plenty to eat for lunch and dinner and even a late night snack of cheese toast. I knew I was going to be up this morning and almost didn't weigh in.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:36 PM   #824
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

whoop, whoop! that's awesome! so happy for you!
Old 06-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yoo Buddy Girl! How's it going?

I'm still hanging with IE, and doing well. I can't imagine doing anything else at the moment.

Gus is doing great. But oh my, what a lot of work!

Chicklets out of school yet?

Just wanted to drop by with a
Old 06-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #826
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, there!

doing the same here too. no-s'ing along. peaceful is good, huh?

glad puppy is doing well. kudos to you for getting a baby. they are hard work!!

yeah, my kids have been out since may 27th. ella went to MN with my sister on the 9th till the 20th then she'll be home for a day and head off to bible camp for another week!

thanks for checking in…stay in touch!
Old 06-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #827
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, bud… how you doing? how's mr Gus?

things going ok. still no-s'ing, but have decided it's time for some mods of just putting less on the plate. :/ am ready to try and reduce weight. was able to achieve less on the plate without feelings of deprivation yesterday for lunch and supper. i end my S day at lunchtime on sunday. so my 'S' days are friday at noon - sunday at noon.

just wanted to check in…

hope you are well.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 06-23-2014 at 09:10 AM..
Old 06-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #828
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Buddy,
Iím feeling the need to make a little head way myself. Partly because the last couple weeks have be less than stellar and Iím starting to feel a little snugness in my clothes. Iím not ready to utter the ďDĒ word, but cutting the junk out and maybe limiting white carbs for a while. And yes I trashed the rest of the birthday brownies. Other than that Iím going to focus on getting back to the IE ďreallyĒ.

Mr. Gus weighed in at a whopping 22 lbs Saturday! And itíll be another 4 weeks before he can venture out the front door. So he is bouncing off the walls a bit, and mom, and dadÖÖÖÖ The kitty finally learned that chase goes both ways. Thatís partly a blessing, partly a curse.

Howís Riley doing? Still your walking buddy?
Old 06-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

way to go throwing out the rest of the brownies.

i'm not really doing the D word either, just going to try not to be, as reinhard says, an idiot when it comes to dishing up my plates.

what a big boy!! why can't you take him for walks for a month? too funny about the kitty. i'm glad they are getting along ok. maybe eventually they'll be BFFs.

we haven't done much walking…i have been running around taking kids to different appointments or going to baseball games. i could walk in the mornings, but i haven't found where i put my motivation for that. still looking for it… otherwise, riley is great.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Four months old, fully Parvo vaccinated.

I'll keep an eye out for your motivation here and let you know if I find it
Old 06-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, didn't know that about parvo.

Thanks for being on the lookout, I hate it when things disappear like that. Lol!
Old 06-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #832
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't either and my last doggie got it. She was in the middle of vaccinations so luckily she pulled through. But I don't want to take the chance. Apparently it's real bad in our area.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

learn something new everyday.

are you doing any leash training at home until you can go for walks?
Old 07-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well it turns out a lab pup is more than two fully employed people can handle. I donít know if Brandy (our last lab/border collie) was that much easier, we didnít have the same house and yard we werenít willing to sacrifice or if we are just in a totally different place in our lives, but we realized early on that Gus was just too much for us. We decided it was better for Gus to make the decision quickly rather than draw it out so he had puppy bonding time with his new family. We took him up to North Eastern California this weekend to his new home. He has 22 acres of rough & tumble foothill high desert, a big German Shepherd brother and a new owner that is a retired teacher with all the time in the world to offer a growing and learning lab puppy. Itís a little sad around here but the pictures his new owner sent us showing how well heís doing really helped.

Other then that I'm ready to dump the 4# I gained during June, so tomorrow Iím starting M&E eating with the IE principals.

How are things with you?
Old 07-07-2014, 05:26 AM   #835
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, bud….i'm sorry to hear this. but i completely understand. they are a LOT of work. do you think you will look into getting an older dog someday? i found riley on adoptapet.com if you feel in the mood to look at all. but can understand if you need to time before looking.

only 4lbs?? that sounds pretty darn good to me and i bet you will kick those to curb in to no time!

for me? i got to the end of my rope. i decided to stop being a petulant child and have been making better meal choices, still sticking to only 3 plates a day. i'm not militant, but i realize that if i ever want to lose, i'm going to have to be willing to make better choices more often than not. S days are still, well, S days... that include lots of things outside the 'better choice' spectrum. but, i'm going to work on weekdays and making better choices right now before working on S days. one thing a time, ya know?

again, i'm so sorry to hear about Gus.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Bud We had planned on adapting an older dog, but all the red tape we had to go through out here just made it prohibitive and to say the least, not at all fun. Right now I think weíll just settle in with the kitty who is quite content with our crazy schedule.

I picked M&E to get my choices up to snuff. Iím not going low carb long term, just to remove the excess and then go forward with IE. I originally thought of FF, as I do so well on that, but with all the planning, weighing and measuring, not to mention the overeating to get the fat up, I realized that was exactly what I had worked so hard to get away from with IE. Iím using the ďonly eat when youíre hungry and stop when youíve had enoughĒ concepts with M&E and so far so good. Iíve noticed that since getting into IE I really eat a lot less naturally.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #837
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that's frustrating about the red tape. people want others to adopt pets, but they make it so difficult to do…doesn't make sense. the place we got riley from was just a private shelter. paid $50 and off we went. when she got to the shelter they spade her and gave her shots and we still only had to pay $50. are ALL adopting places full of red tape or are there smaller private shelters?

you'll knock out those 4 lbs in no time. your plan sounds quite…LIVEABLE!!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting results to say the least.

Monday & Tuesday Ė M&E, I did start back exercising with my lift/squats but min. amount of time, min. weight and Iíve been doing a lot of ďDH out of townĒ house work. Two days only down .40

Yesterday the boss bought lunch for us. Knowing this ahead of time, I started the day just regular IE. Way less cravings, way more satisfied on way less food. Did a little bit longer lift/squat but nothing over the top. One day down .80

So yes Iím back to IE. Even if I was in the deprivation frame of mind, which Iím not, my body seems to be over it. Granted three days isnít a real fair test, but itís not my first rodeo either.

I am going to continue with getting back on track with lifting and walking. There is nothing but good can come of that. Iím going back to weighing once a week on Saturdays, but not daily. With those things in place I feel my ďchoicesĒ will continue to improve.

Howís it going for you?
Old 07-11-2014, 05:12 AM   #839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awesome job! you sound very peaceful.

kinda got sidetracked on choosing well the last few days. so keeping on keeping on. not eating between meals takes no effort at all. it's still in the choosing well that gets me.

if the boys lose the district game on tuesday then baseball is done. then maybe i'll find some motivation for walking/lifting again. kinda weird how that has completely disappeared. :/

will you be on the road at all this weekend?

nothing big planned here. i texted some friend's of our's that wanted to try and get a date night in before the end of the month when they head to their FL condo till september. asked if tonight would work, but haven't heard from her yet. other than that, i have a LOOONG over-due date with the mountains of laundry that i haven't touched for days.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Bud,
You're right. This is a very peaceful way to live. I have to admit I, once again, fell prey to the quick fix concept, only to be reminded of why "diets don't work". It's funny I still had a subscription to an old HCG thread that popped up this morning. The gal was talking about how she had regained all the weight she lost, was back on HCG after trying and failing to get back on several times. How familiar that sounded. And how grateful I am to be off the roller coaster. Iíve come to peace with the fact that a healthy lifestyle and relationship with food does not coincide with quick weight loss, but it will get me to where I should be in a healthy and sustainable way.

Howís Kyleís shoulder doing? Do you think heíll be able to pitch next year, or is it too soon to tell?

Donít really know what the plans for this weekend are yet. Mike has been on a big road trip this week covering the great state of Nevada. He wonít even be home until about 8:00 tonight. So I doubt that heíll be up for lots of driving this weekend, but you never know. I still have about a flat and a half of annuals to get in and drip systems to water them and he hasnít done the yards yet, so Iím thinking itíll probably be a yard weekend. And heíll bring me a pile of laundry as well.

Hope you have a great weekend!