dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Puppy3.jpg My new Fur Baby, this is a four week old puppy

Last edited by TerriMM; 05-07-2014 at 08:21 PM..
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:59 AM   #783
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
how cute is HE?? oh my!! please post more when you get him.

what's you day look like today?

just a normal one for me.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:34 AM   #784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, just a normal day for me. With all the excitement last night I didn't even think of planning any thing. I have left over ground sausage, going in the eggs this morning and grab and go in the freezer veggies and Italian link sausage, who knows for dinner. I guess it's a sausage day.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #785
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Iíve been doing IE for barely about a week & a half. Iíve been eating at normal meal times for the most part, since my body is so used to that, itís usually hungry or thinks it is. And my goal with this was to stop worrying about everything I ate, so I'm trying not to make this too hard. I have learned a lot, some days Iíve done really well and some days letís just call it a ďlearning experienceĒ and at least one day I intentionally over ate on stuff I didnít care about for no reason because I was doubting, at my seminar and found out about my fur baby. Iíve had burgers, fries, pot pies, pastries, steaks and pretty much whatever I felt like at the moment. I considered not weighing in on my Friday weigh in day today as my ďday of doubtingĒ was only Wednesday and I felt miserable yesterday. But I bit the bullet, prepared to start considering whether I was going to give this more time or move on. I was exactly where I was two weeks ago before I started this. I am 1.5 over my yearly low of last Saturday so I am going to check again tomorrow. The peace of mind, elimination of stress and ability to live in the world of ďnormalĒ is absolutely incredible. And maintaining while learning gives me real hope that as my body begins to trust me, I may be able to lose some. I am eating my basic three meals, not having seconds but I have had plenty of sweets. Donít intend to make that a habit per se, but if Iím hungry and want it, Iíll have it. But normally if I have indulged I would continue and this time I havenít been tempted because I acknowledged I wasn't hungry.

So how are you doing? Still liking No S?

No we donít have a name yet, and have come to realize that it may not come until we get home and get to know his personality.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you are doing awesome! isn't the freedom fabulous? so cool that you have been eating what pleases you without losing control yet your weight has stayed steady…that can only mean good things to come in the future for losing.

i'm still doing great! i feel so calm where food is concerned. right now, for me, i can't focus on weight loss…i need to focus on the habit and getting my mind right with regard to my relationship to food. it's structure, it's rules, but there's also freedom….the best of both worlds, truly. and you know how resistant i am to rules/structure, but this is not the same. i wish i could remember why i ever stopped. if i had to guess it's bc the weight loss wasn't going how i hoped…but this time, i'm making that not my focus.

i have been reading a gal's journal on the NoS forum. it's really been cool to see her progress. her weight loss is slow, but it is happening, but her main focus is changing habits. she posts her food everyday which is very helpful for me to see what others do. her journal is called "automated eating tracker'.

how far away is your baby? can you go visit him over the couple weeks till you get to bring him home?
Old 05-11-2014, 05:31 AM   #787
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Happy Mothers Day! Have fun today. You sound like you are doing great in your thinking.
windygap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:21 AM   #788
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you have a great day as well.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are so right! It's time for us to find some peace with this. And slow losing beats the pants off of what we've done in the last year.

Fur Baby? Oh you mean Angus McGee? His friends just call him Gus. He's a couple hours away. We're going to try and make it down so I can meet him next week, but since his homecoming is only the week after that, we'll see.

Happy Mother's day my Buddy!! What are your plans today?
Old 05-12-2014, 04:28 AM   #790
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i love his name! gus is perfect!

it was just a low key day. went to church. then took dh's mom out for lunch. relaxed all afternoon, then went to mom's for supper with sister and her family. a nice day.

what'd you end up doing?

my first S weekend went ok…i had things i enjoyed, but wasn't wild by any means.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pretty mellow weekend for us too. Lots of puppy planning. It's been a while since we had a puppy in the house.

Did pretty well this weekend too. I made meatloaf and mac & cheese for dinner. Had a little more than I needed to, but not too bad. And then an ice cream cone I wanted but wasn't really hungry for. So a good No S ďSĒ day and iffy IE day. All & all

Here's to a great week!
Old 05-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

glad you had a good weekend. ah, puppy planning…i just wasn't up for the intenseness of puppy…kudos to you!!

have had a great N day. 3 plates and done. no fretting, eat what sounds good, no guilt. love it. i'm sticking more to just the 3 plates of NoS and not worrying so much about IE. much less stressful for me.

how was your day?
Old 05-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was very hungry today. Not sure if it was more head or tummy hunger. Not sure if my head is trying to out smart me.

Yes, we were going to go for a:
older dog
smaller dog
female dog
Old 05-13-2014, 04:30 AM   #794
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, dh did throw you for a loop then with puppy, male, bigger dog.

meeting a friend in the city today. i think since we'll be eating out for lunch, i will forgo my breakfast plate.

hope you have a more relaxing day.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:21 AM   #795
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

how's it going, bud?

doing well here. peaceful where food is concerned. focusing on my 3 plates a day.

fought some diet head when i met my friend on Tuesday. she has been losing weight, which i am happy for her. but it started to let diet thinking and degrading self-talk to creep in. but i just kept reminding myself that habit changing is more important right now.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:14 AM   #796
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice job Bud! That would have been a tough one for me too. I had a friend show me a new diet. She's one of those that rarely follow through, so I was grateful I wasn't even tempted by all her little colored containers of what she was restricted to per day and the chart to track them. I just kept thinking "I just don't eat when I'm not hungry".

Aunt B has been elusive the last couple days, so I won't be checking progress today. How about you? Are you just going by clothing?
Old 05-16-2014, 06:45 AM   #797
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

is that program your friend talked to about called 'the 21 day fix'? (the colored containers tipped me off).

no i just don't weigh anymore. the mirror and my clothes give me all the info i need. if i'm losing, it's v-e-r-r-r-y slow…and i'm ok with that. am so loving the stress-free-ness of NoS and not thinking about what i can and can't have (with the exception of sugary things, but that's where i need the most structure), when i can eat….i just have me 3 plates and be done. i could see that IE was going to be troublesome for me mentally as far as obsessively thinking 'when can/should i eat again?' 'am i eating too much, should i stop now?' it worked for me all those years ago, but that was a different time.

if i change anything to maybe speed up losing a bit, it would be to use a smaller plate. but i just don't feel the need to do that right now. some people don't do any modifications (i.e.: smaller plate, etc...) for 6 mos to a year. i just take each meal and decide if i want to use a small or regular plate. that's the most stress, if you can call that stress, i will allow right now….and even then i don't dwell too much on it.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes that's it.

I am so loving the no stress!!! I more just eat at regular meal times (my body is more or less trained to be hungry then) and think about when I'm satisfied and stop at that point. Thinking about whether I'm hungry or not more plays into eating between meals or after dinner.

If I can keep this going maintaining Iíll be happy for a while. If I actually start losing, even slowly, Iíll be thrilled beyond belief.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #799
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

too funny... that is how the friend I mentioned has been losing weight.

I'm glad you are feeling relaxed too. love that there's never a worry about eating meals out or if there's something you can have, etc.

you gonna see fur baby this weekend? if so, please post pics!

Last edited by dazygyrl; 05-16-2014 at 01:07 PM..
Old 05-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Isn't that funny. How bad do you feel that you're not figuring out what goes in what color and how much of what you need to buy at the store to accommodate your requirements and all those containers to wash. You're going to have instead? Oh yeah, whatever you want.

Here’s the latest picture of my fur baby she sent me today. “Waiting for Mom & Dad” I’m going to meet him tomorrow and bring him a shirt braid from me, Mike and Sofie's (the kitty) stuff, that he’ll get to play with for a week until we can get him next weekend. I’m also going to bring a towel I’ll rub on him to get his scent home for Sofie to get used to.

Waiting for Mom & Dad.jpg

Last edited by TerriMM; 05-16-2014 at 02:55 PM..
Old 05-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

um, yeah, I'll take a plate of food please....thank you.

OH.MY.GOODNESS!! I want to smell his head!! soooo, cute!

here's my news for the day!! my new niece or nephew!! my sister who has a 6yr old girl. they were married 5 yrs before having her and have tried and tried to have more. this little one completely took them by surprise. she had resigned to the fact they were to only have one. she was excited for the 3yr process she was going to go they to potentially become the CEO of the bank she works at. and then God threw them this curveball. it really threw her for a loop at first. she had the ultrasound this morning. and now she can breath and relax that all is well. it was so good to see her excited now. I have known for a month and she just really has had a time getting use to the idea of starting all over. but the ultrasound helped a lot I think. arriving in November!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #802
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a blessing. We all make the most careful plans and decisions. And then God speaks. Congratulations buddy girl!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that's what i told my mom. she has made the comment 'nothing in her (my sister's) life has turned out the way she planned.' well, mom, never has it been more clear that our ways aren't always His ways.

i'm just really happy for her and can't wait to meet this new little one.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #804
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

was time for a Locks of Love donation.

haven't had it this short for about 12 yrs.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #805
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love it! Truly!!

I think it makes you look thin and young. I believe God blessed you for your gift

Okay, tell me again how to post nice size photos and I'll post Gus, today.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #806
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you, bud!

well, I use PictureTrail to post my pics. upload them to the site, then where it gives you the different picture URLs, I choose the forum one.

but the way you posted the others worked well, I just click on them and they get bigger.

can't wait to see him!
Old 05-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's starting to feel real now that I've met him. I can't wait until next weekend. He is so mellow, just goes with the flow.
Gus 003.jpg

Gus 008.jpg

Gus 039.jpg
Old 05-18-2014, 04:56 AM   #808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so sweet! gus is a perfect name.

and i love that you are in the pic with him! looking beautiful as ever!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #809
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey Carrie! Just checking in on you. You're doing "no S"? Are you still doing primal or paleo at all? Or just following no s and whatever you feel like on it? Just curious...I read back a bit. Love your cute haircut too!! How sweet to donate it!! And so cute about your sister's baby! God's ways are certainly higher than ours!

Terri-your new baby is adorable!! That sweet little face!!

Hope you guys are doing well!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:49 AM   #810
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi, julie! yes, i am just doing No-S and eating whatever. i can't tell you how freeing it is mentally for me. i was just done with eliminating food groups worrying about shouldn't eat this or that. just was done. i was reading int he IE thread (carolina coast's thread) and ouizoid made brief mention of No-s and it was like why did i ever leave it in the first place!!! i think bc at the time i was focused on weight loss. now, i'm more interested in changing habits….if weight loss happens then that is great too. the only thing i count is 3 plates a day. S days do contain sweets and a little more volume of food, but come Monday, i'm ready to return to my 3 plates a day with no seconds, no snacks, no sweets. for me, who is completely resistant to strictness, No-S is structure with complete freedom.

thanks for your kind words, it was time for a change.

and i'm so excited for my sister. God is good!! (and sometimes, completely unpredictable. )