Old 12-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #721
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hey Girl! Great to see you!! How are you doing?
I'm doing great.
I feel like you connect to a few here and I feel I connected with you, Carrie, and Deb. I always think of you 3

I am doing the Fast Metabolism Diet and having a lot of success with it. I could take the weight off with hcg...I could not keep it off....at all
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Happy New Year!
Deb, Happy New Year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
I'm doing great.
I feel like you connect to a few here and I feel I connected with you, Carrie, and Deb. I always think of you 3

I am doing the Fast Metabolism Diet and having a lot of success with it. I could take the weight off with hcg...I could not keep it off....at all
That's me. I keep thinking I gained the weight back because losing it was relatively easy on HCG, "I can always do another round". But it's more than that. I think the whole metabolism thing with eating and losing on 500 calories or even 1000 for that matter is not going to stick if you go back to eating normally and I want to eat normal "ish". But I'll admit it's always in the back of my mind beckoning me.

So whatís your take on the Fast Metabolism Diet? I'll do some research, but what do you like about it?

I'm basically 20# above where I want to be. I'm starting the New Year with determination, but not sure what my plan is. I'm heading towards Atkins because of no better reason then it's easy for me doing low carb for so long and the sacrifices are not a big deal to me. But I could use something to sink my teeth into.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #723
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MORNING BUD! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks girls!
Yep, that's the thing... getting the body back to burning calories & running properly again, without the uncontrollable cravings!
I have seen a lot of interviews about The Daniel Plan. Not sure what the ratio's are for protein/fat/carbs, but I know the spiritual side would be helpful.
Have a wonderful New Year's Day!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #725
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Deb, Happy New Year!!

That's me. I keep thinking I gained the weight back because losing it was relatively easy on HCG, "I can always do another round". But it's more than that. I think the whole metabolism thing with eating and losing on 500 calories or even 1000 for that matter is not going to stick if you go back to eating normally and I want to eat normal "ish". But I'll admit it's always in the back of my mind beckoning me.

So whatís your take on the Fast Metabolism Diet? I'll do some research, but what do you like about it?

I'm basically 20# above where I want to be. I'm starting the New Year with determination, but not sure what my plan is. I'm heading towards Atkins because of no better reason then it's easy for me doing low carb for so long and the sacrifices are not a big deal to me. But I could use something to sink my teeth into.
Haylie Pomroy's Fast Metabolism Diet...three phases of eating certain foods. Phase 1 is carb heavy (fruit, grains, protein-no fat for 2 days) Phase 2 is protein heavy (no fruit except lemon and lime, no fat for 2 days) and Phase 3 is a wonderful mix of all things good (grains, protein, fruit, veggies and healthy fats)
What I like about it? EATING!!! I get to eat food and lose weight I lost 11 pounds in 28 days....took a break for Christmas....and back on for another 28 days and hopefully the last 10 pounds I also like that there is really nothing that is completely off limits or at least for long because your phase switches after a few days...(the only no's are: no sugar, no flour (except spelt or sprouted), no alcohol, no artificial sweeteners, no bananas)

What is difficult...planning...keeping track of your foods, getting the proper fat/combo during phase 3, cooking can be a challenge....oh...and eating within 30 minutes of waking is kind of hard
I found it the easiest thing I've ever done...it was very easy to stay on plan and not cheat because I was so satisfied with the food....oh...and I love Sweet potatoes!!!! omg I love those things...who knew

Goal: Maintenance
Old 01-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was doing some research and it looks like a bit of a low cal diet because of portion sizes, but it sounds like you feel you're getting plenty to eat? The other thing mentioned is this is only 28 days you don't have to eat this way for the rest of your life. What is the plan for maintenance or just not regaining?
Old 01-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #727
Blabbermouth!!!

you change your eating style; however, you are supposed to be able to eat anything after your metabolism is fixed without issue. Basically your maintenance is a balanced diet of healthy fats, fruit, veggies, grains, and protein. For life, you eat within 30 minutes of waking, avoid corn and corn based foods, artificial sweeteners...etc. Occasionally, she recommends doing another 28 days to keep your metabolism working. I know someone who has maintained most of her loss and is doing another 28 days to lose a couple of pounds and keep her metabolism going...basically, Pomroy says its the way to get your metabolism buring
Old 01-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
to you lovelies! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

will be back later with more….
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #729
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we had a great vacation in colorado. no skiing/boarding inures. ella and noah did great learning how to ski, taught by dad. the older boys snow boarded.

i'm back to primal. even tho i allowed no restrictions over the holidays, i don't feel that i've had gained too bad. some, but not horrendous. i just don't weigh anymore. i really think there is something to the resistant starch heeling with the bodies response to carbs. i feel that i would have gained much more had i not been doing the resistant starch. i eat cooked, cooled, reheated potatoes and rice for my starch. also take 1-2T of unmodified potato starch in almond milk. (ideal amount is 4T a day, but am still working my way up to that….i still get a fair amount of gas with 2T…this is an indication of the gut flora doing good things. not sure how to describe it). my foods mainly consist of ground beef and the potatoes/rice. (popcorn at basketball games ) i do have other things but those are my staples.

my niece took our family pics this week.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beautiful family! You all look fit & happy

So glad you had such a great holiday & no injuries!

That resistant starch heeling sounds interesting. Is it a supplement? I haven't heard of this, but it sounds like something that I need to learn about.

Happy new year!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you , debby.

lol, i don't know what resistant starch HEELING is or why i typed that.

HELPING!! resistant starch HELPING with the bodies response to carbs. :doh
Old 01-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #732
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Really? Strange... very strange!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a beautiful family Girly, Girl! You are truly blessed.

Isn't it ironic to think the WOE that seems to agree with you most is the "Meat and Potato" Diet
Old 01-30-2014, 04:21 PM   #734
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Bud,
What ya doing? Iím just wandering. Reading back up on Primal, I picked up Atkins original Diet Revolution from 1972. I was sick for half of January. That and the holidays has left me back in my size 8s trying to figure out what to do next. You still hanging with Primal?

Hi Cristen ,
Howís Fast Metabolism treating you?

Deb
Old 01-31-2014, 02:29 PM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Terri! Hi Dazy!
I'm good. Have returned to eating my oatmeal & oatbran. The gut issues only got worse on the Primal. Follow everything else with Primal though. Doing much better now. Its like 'duh' listen to your body!
I've also returned to my 'rotation' thing... which is how I lost most of my wt... because I'm up a few lbs. pretty easy to do.

Hope you get your stuff going in the right direction again. I know its so discouraging when your favorite clothes don't fit.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #736
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, bud…so sorry to hear you were sick. hope you are feeling better now.

i have really struggled to get my mojo back after the holidays. i'm floundering right now. so to answer the question about primal. no, not yet. not sure why it's so hard to get back to it. i've thrown around the idea of JUDDD too.

other that an all that, things are good. basketball still going altho this coach is not too keen on playing the younger guys in varsity in spite of the fact that they all have about the same skills. it's been a frustrating time watching him sit on the bench game after game knowing he is every bit as good as the ones playing, but because of his age he has to sit there.

tomorrow my itty bitty 4 and half pound ground hog turns 16!!! how'd THAT happen??

we are going to have a party for him next sunday. it's a busy weekend this weekend plus with the super bowl tomorrow, i thought it'd be better to just wait.

ella has a meet today. her last meet was the 19th. in her group, she got first place in all her events as well as first all-around! the smile on her face was priceless!!

thanks for checking in.

hi kristen and debby!

Last edited by dazygyrl; 02-01-2014 at 06:20 AM..
Old 02-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #737
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry about the gut issues Deb, hope you're feeling better. Would you share more about your "rotation thing"?

Mojo? What's Mojo? Sorry I haven't seen mine in so long I almost forgot what it was. So DH has been doing Low Carb all week and really doing well. His commitment and good choices while we were out and about today may just have inspired me to get my tail in gear.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
Years ago I did a metabolism diet... by a weight trainer. It was really good, got me up to 1500-1800 calories... It was more of a low-carb, low-fat, high protein, clean diet, with suggested exercise plan included.. It worked great. They are no longer online.
Anyway, for this time of losing my wt. I improvised & used my low-carb-high-protein + higher fat, rotating the calories & it worked. OK... so, I'm 60 yrs old... 5'4.5" & only 125-128 lbs. so I don't need as many calories as you gals do... So anyway, I take my basic diet which is about 1200 calories. That's my 'low' now... each day I bump it up a hundred calories by adding more fat, oat bran, protein, or veggies. So I end up gradually going up to 1500 or more calories... then drop back ... here, this might help.
M-1200 T-1300 W-1400 Th-1500 F-1200 Sat-1300 Sun-1500
They also had a conditioning thing, which I just skipped... it builds up your calories over 4-6 wks, starting at 1200 (clean) gradually adding 100 each week... till you start to gain wt. Kind of amazing how much you can eat without gaining wt when its all clean, low-fat-low-carb-high-protein.
Anyway, for some reason, I thought I could just relax on the rotation thing & what's happened is... I have been slowly putting on a few lbs. & eating less food. I was thinking that primal was so close to my eating style, that it would be a good maintenance plan, but that proved to be wrong for me.
Hope I didn't bore you!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #739
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No not bored at all I've had good success rotating calories too. JUDDD was too much for me. But I might consider a more controlled approach again. What's your typical base diet menu?
Old 02-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #740
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here it is... I'm burned out on salads now, so eat 'cooked' veggies.

Breakfast
Flaked Coconut (Unsweetened), 3.75 g (1/4 cup)
Iso Sport Whey Protein Powder Vanilla, 1 T
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Uncooked, 0.5 cup cooked (1/2 cup raw)
Coconut Oil - Organic Extra Virgin, 1 tablespoon
Plums - Dried (prunes), stewed, 3

Snack
1Hard boiled egg,

Lunch
Tabasco - Original Red Sauce, 1 tsp
Homemade - Mayonnaise Whole Egg, 1 TBS
Birds Eye - Broccoli Stir-fry Vegetables, 2 cup
1 Stick Large - Celery, 1 stick 55g
Wild - Moose Burger, 0.2 lb

3:00 Snack
Silk Almond Milk - Unsweetened 0.5 cup (in coffees)
Generic - Oat Bran, Raw 1 Cup, 0.25 Cup
1 Gala Apple - 4.5 oz

Dinner
Turkey Breast Skinless Baked 4 oz
Green Cabbage Sauteed , 1 cup
Birds Eye - Broccoli Stir-fry Vegetables, 1 cup
Old 02-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Here it is... I'm burned out on salads now, so eat 'cooked' veggies.

Breakfast
Flaked Coconut (Unsweetened), 3.75 g (1/4 cup)
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Uncooked, 0.5 cup cooked (1/2 cup raw)

Snack
1Hard boiled egg,

Lunch
Birds Eye - Broccoli Stir-fry Vegetables, 2 cup
1 Stick Large - Celery, 1 stick 55g
Wild - Moose Burger, 0.2 lb

3:00 Snack
Silk Almond Milk - Unsweetened 0.5 cup (in coffees)
Generic - Oat Bran, Raw 1 Cup, 0.25 Cup
1 Gala Apple - 4.5 oz

Dinner
Turkey Breast Skinless Baked 4 oz
Green Cabbage Sauteed , 1 cup
Birds Eye - Broccoli Stir-fry Vegetables, 1 cup
Thanks so much for taking the time to outline that out for me Deb. Itís funny how someoneís ďnormal, easy WOEĒ can seems so foreign and complicated to someone else. Iíve been thinking of figuring out ďmy ownĒ plan and this just kind of made that point for me.

So finding myself at my wits end I started HCG over the weekend. As you know Iíve always been rogue, this round I am trying two new things. First doing low carb, no fruit or bread stick as well as more protein and fat, and Second alternating calories from day to day. Iíve actually done the alternating thing before to break up a stall, this time itís part of the plan from the beginning. With the natural appetite suppressant effect of very low carb I probably don't need the HCG, but I hadnít formulated my plan yet when I started it Saturday, so I figure Iíll just throw everything Iíve got at it to get back down to a manageable weight. Iím still working on my alternating strategy, but rather than make it a confined schedule Iím going to work it around my life. At this point Iím doing one day down 600-700 calories, next day up 1100-1500. Wednesday I have a lunch date with Daddy, so Iím going to start the week with two down days and do my first up day Wednesday. I have not ruled out using Fat Fast down the road as well.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #742
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your welcome Terri,
I use a calorie site... so its already recorded.

Hope you find yourself back on track & lose the wt. well. It makes such a difference in how you feel.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:52 AM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hope hcg goes well for you. good luck!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #744
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, bud! how is your round going?

things are going ok here. i got some of my sensibilities back. and you won't even believe where they have taken me. i know i can't. i think my guts may have developed a sensitivity to meat!!

last friday i began to have one smoothie a day. was a little nervous bc of how i thought veggies, etc bothered my gut. to my surprise, my gut felt fine! my nutribullet came with a guide of recipes and an eating plan. it focused on primarily a plant based diet. with meat only a few times a week. so i have tried it. i had very little meat for a few days and felt great! sunday night we had a 16th bday party for kendall and hubby smoked threes kinds of meat. so i had a fair amount. by later that evening, my gut was gurgling and churning when up until that point it was quiet and comfy! what gives??

so in a couple more days, i will try eating a good portion of meat and see how my gut reacts.

have been researching non-soy sources of protein.

weird happenings, that is for sure.

hope you are well.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #745
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Youíre as much of a Flibbertigibbet as I am! Thatís one of the reasons I love you.

I find that what I avoid I become sensitive to. Like when I was doing so much M&E, Iíd have an Artichoke and it would kill me in the middle of the night when I had no troubles before. I had to gradually 1/2 a choke at a time work up to eating them again without issue. I keep wishing I could do that with carbs but it seems I can have carbs or fat, just not both. So I choose fat.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:49 PM   #746
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

but that's the crazy weird thing …the thing i was eating all the time was what i became sensitive to (possibly) and what i had been avoiding has caused me to feel great.

so you didn't answer my question. how's your round going? how are you?
Old 02-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #747
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well so far so good on my low carb/alt calorie experiment. Down 5.5 in six days. I started to stall out and feel real tired mid-week so I upped the fat and reduced the protein a touch and that kicked things in again for me. I was back into my 6ís Sunday so very happy about that! I started FF Sunday, bouced around a bit yesterday and have started back down as of today. I seem to be keeping with my "two day effect" and my body's love for fat. I'm having a little hard time alternating up because I'm just not hungry.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #748
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds like you're on a roll! you and your fats are buds, no doubt!

good you aren't hungry, so miserable when you are, hope it continues for you till you want to stop.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Bud