Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
way to regroup, bud! sounds like you're ready to hit the ground running.

man alive did my workout kick my boot-ay this morning!! still feeling it. wooooo! look up back lunges. yowie! but loving it.

can't way to hear how things go for you.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Okay!
Low Carb - Check
Lift Squat - Check
Body Flex - Check
Bonus back Lunges - Check
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:04 AM   #693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

what'd you think of the back lunges?

way sore today. i had wanted to to a rest day today, but forgot i am not going to be home tomorrow to do my day 3. (ky's game tomorrow) i'm guessing it would be a core workout since the first day was arms, legs yesterday. if i went ahead and did it today, then tomorrow could be a rest day.

what's your plan for today?
Old 11-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Man I felt it last night and I only did four per leg. Today I'm okay, but feel great.

For the rest of the week I'm just going to dress out when I get home and do "something". What ever I feel like at the time.

Next week I will have more of a plan.

Go Spartans!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

will let you know how the game goes.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and we're off to the finals! and my #8 got in a few snaps at the end!

championship is next Thursday at 10 am.

how you doing, bud?

Last edited by dazygyrl; 11-14-2013 at 01:59 PM..
Old 11-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Go Spartans #8

DH's birthday bash last night. Didn't do bad; lobster, crab and lots of butter. No exercise though. Still have a possible mexican lunch to deal with over the weekend. How about you?

Any plans for the weekend?
Old 11-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #698
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

looks like you do did great for hubby's bday! (mexican = 20%, me thinks. )

so far nothing set in stone for the weekend. tonight…just at home as far as i know…tomorrow, may possibly go to the city with kyle and ella. sunday, just church so far.

exciting as heck, aren't i?

how about you?
Old 11-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We’re about as exciting as you would expect a Bud to be. Tonight TV, the steaks we didn’t eat last night and kicking back. Tomorrow probably Hubby’s Mexican birthday lunch and a drive, hopefully with a walk thrown in. Sunday I think we’ll try this little church again. It seemed a little too small and intense last time, but we thought we’d give it another chance. Still looking for our home.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

the right home is important….will pray for wisdom for you.

i'm finally getting recovered my overtraining. it was was quite something how sore i got. like i couldn't do ANYTHING….sitting down on the toilet was especially horrendous…as was going up and down stairs…i exaggerate not. i will wait till monday to start back up. dang marine!! (the creator of the program is a former special op's marine. ) when i restart i will only do half the work out. you'd think i haven't worked out in a decade.

your weekend sounds perfect.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holy cow! That sounds terrible. Darn Marines. I find if I take potassium after I work out I'm a lot less sore. When I first start a program I'll take one in the am and one in the pm. And Epsom salt bath helps too.

Have a great weekend!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GO SPARTANS GO #8
Old 11-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #703
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you, bud…just seeing your post.

sadly, they lost by 4 points. they were ahead till the very end…i think they just got tired. but they played hard and undoubtedly did their best. but it was their only loss all season.

state runner-up isn't too shabby. they made it further than last year. last year they lost in the semi finals.

hope you are well.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry Bud, I think the further they go the harder the loss is. Great job on the season Spartans!

What's your Thanksgiving plans?

I'm cooking for my dad, brother, his wife, his daughter and my hubby. So it will be a very nice and intimate affair.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we don't have any plans as of now for T day. mom is going to her new in-laws in PA. friday is T with dh's family altho i will be in my shop with the town festival going on. oh, well…i'll see them for a bit after i close the shop.

saturday sister and i are meeting MN sister halfway from MN sister, so about 4hrs from home. we're going to spend the night. just baby boy will be tagging long, otherwise kid free.

and that's it.

your day sounds lovely!

how's primal going for you?
Old 11-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can't say I've been real committed. The most I can say is I go organic whenever possible and don't really "fear" fruit on occasion. Mostly just low carb with a Primal bend at the moment. How about you?
Old 11-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I’ve been thinking about your Mom’s plans for Thanksgiving. Family dynamics really skew the universe don’t they? I wanted to do Thanksgiving, but no one wanted my Dad’s wife there. I finally convinced everyone to grin & bear it and then we found out that she was on a cruise with her daughter for Thanksgiving. I was at once elated and confused. She not spending Thanksgiving with him? I know he’ll have a better time by himself without the stress of knowing she’s not really welcome, but what’s that say about their relationship? Very confusing.

I wish you a very sucessful festival. How is the weather supposed to treat you?
Old 11-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh that must be really tough wanting to do things with your dad and having the stress of his wife not being liked. so sorry for that.

thankfully, we all really do like mom's husband. Thanksgiving is about the only time they go see his mom and brothers. i'm ok with it. it just reminds that she is happy.

primal is going the same. i stay primal most of the time and if i have social thing, i enjoy what is offered. sometimes social things are frequent, other times they are not. i have really narrowed down what i eat. mostly just ground beef and if i have them made, roasted potatoes. still some PB too, but not as much. i dunno, food has finally become and non-factor for me, meaning i don't dwell on it like i used to. i still have moments, but they aren't like they used to be. the last could days, i have just had coffee in the morning and then whenever i get hungry later on, i've just had a protein powder/almond milk shake. two scoops powder, 2.5 cups almond milk. it's only 297 cal and 47g protein. but it keeps me full for hours till supper and then i have just had a reasonable portion for supper. i think this has helped me drop some weight. i weighed yesterday morning and was the lowest i have been since i started primal. i also think that a change in my exercise has allowed for some loss…a decrease in exercise that is. i'm still doing the app i told you about, but had a break from wednesday till yesterday just due to no time. they do say that weight/fat loss is 80-90% diet and 10-20% exercise….sooooo, apparently this is true for me? i dunno. was nice to see the lower number on the scale tho.

i have been doing more reading on resistant starch and fat loss. am going to start incorporating RS more. check out the long thread on MDA in the nutrition forum. lots of info. for my RS choices, i'm doing potatoes and unmodified potato starch (a powder that bob's red mill makes) and add this to my protein shake.

weather this weekend looks to be typical and no weather. temps in the mid 30's-low 40's and mostly sunny, doesn't look like any snow or anything is expected.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Have a blessed & fun Thanksgiving!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, you as well Deb
Old 12-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Bud!
How was your Thanksgiving? How did the festival go?

Our Thanksgiving was very nice, small and intimate. The only bummer is my brother was sick. Now DH is very sick. So far I haven't got it. I'm alternating Vit D, wellness & Zycam.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey there!

thanksgiving was good. nice and relaxed.

festival was good. did a little better sales wise than last year, so that is good!

time with my sisters was awesome. i loved our time so much. we can't figure out why we have never done this before, lol! (meeting half way for an overnight)

so sorry about dh…what is he sick with? so hope you don't get it.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Bud!
Just dropped in to say “Hi”. Not much exciting around here. DH is recovering from a bad cold he caught during Thanksgiving, so we’re just getting back into the swing of the holidays. Diet wise, I have declared this a month of freedom. Freedom from the scale and tracking. I'm going to stick to low carb, try to fit in mini workouts whenever convenient, and enjoy the rest of the month. I'll have the party challenges, etc. but I'm going to make it my special game on how to stay low carb through it all. Once it's over I'll look back and realize I didn't miss a thing but a few extra pounds I don't have to worry about next year. I weighed in the first of the month (after Thanksgiving) at 146.3. The first of the year I was 141.2. If I finish the year even I will be very happy. If I beat the score I'll call it a big win. Game on! So far so good. I’m losing, feeling better in my clothes, but not HCG losing by any means.

How’s Primal going? Any big holiday plans?
Old 12-14-2013, 05:44 AM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning! good to hear from you.

glad to hear hubby is feeling better. no fun this time of the year to be sick. your plan for the rest of the year sounds very reasonable. do you have many christmas plans?

i'm doing ok…i feel my resolve has slipped a little which i'm not impressed with one little bit. but i'm aware of it and start each day fresh.

exercise has relaxed some too. i don't want to get too ok with not doing it so need to keep at it. still like that program i spoke of awhile ago. also, am nursing a hurt shoulder. my nursey mind tells me it's a possible tear in my shoulder. my symptoms are exactly that of my mom's and a friend's, both of whom had rotator cuff surgery. :/ i'm not exactly sure of the incident that would have caused it. it has just continued to hurt more and more the more i lifted weights or do any sort of push up exercise. it is not debilitating at this point, more just annoying. i need to schedule my yearly exam (haven't done so in a couple years) so thought i would talk to my dr then, but i know what he'll say…an MRI is the only way to diagnose a tear. do not need or want that expense unless absolutely necessary. one of the mom's at school is a physical therapist so i talked to her and she said with strengthening exercises people can go a long time before surgery or anything.

soooo, that is that.

for christmas, we are going to CO next saturday till the following saturday. my dad's family is out there. will be good to see them. kids are very excited!!
Old 12-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry to hear about the shoulder! Let's say a little prayer that it's just inflammation. That what happens to my knees when I get too into squats & lunges. Never had an injury, they just don't like it. I find a lot of relief from glucosamine and Chondroitin.

Christmas in CO sounds lovely. Will it be white? Haven't really decided what we're doing yet.

I'm going to send in an order but I don't need it before Christmas if you're busy. I'll email you about scents.

If I don't talk to you, it's coming so fast, have a lovely and blessed Christmas
Old 12-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wishing you a joyous and blessed Christmas Buddy!!

We're off to my brother's for Christmas Eve family party (mostly his wife's). Christmas day is just DH and I enjoying the holiday together. I've been working on a special brisket for dinner. Tomorrow will be the third day. Old Jewish recipe I found. Smells so good I want to tear into in early Then we might go down to the South Coast and enjoy the 70s for a few days.

What are your plans.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey bud! merry christmas!

we are enjoying a vacation in Colorado! it's been great! we got here saturday afternoon. sunday we just hung out at the house and my family cam up for a soup meal. monday i took 3 of the kids shopping, noah and hubby went with my uncle to pick up a truck in steamboat for a friend. hubby too the older boys skiing/boarding on tuesday. yesterday they all went skiing. noah and ella's first time. they both did great! noah caught right on and ella did great too. just hanging out today and tomorrow. will head home saturday morning.

your brisket sounds yummy. i bet my hubby would love it. he loves brisket.

enjoy the coast!!
Old 12-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #718
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
guys!!!

Just creeping on you two and seeing how you are doing

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Terri and Carrie
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Girl! Great to see you!! How are you doing?
Old 12-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Happy New Year!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote