Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #661
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi!
Hope you have a successful week-end, staying on track.
So, what are you eating on FF?
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Usually for breakfast I have eggs, heavy on the yolks cooked in butter. Lunch more often than not is Brazil nuts, sometimes CC muffins or salad. Dinner is usually small portion of meat with salad or veggies with Alfredo, sometimes cheese crust pizza. And usually SF whip cream to balance up the fat in the evening.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, that does sound primal.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
How you doing Buddy of mine!?! What's the game schedule for the weekend?

I'm feeling much better with FF. I'm kind of doing it Primal style, though fruit hasn't been a part this week. Mainly because there wasn't any I wanted to work in. I ate out three times and still did well. I had a little bump up today but I'm counting it more as a fluctuation. I'm going to lean this way over the weekend and reassess from there, but I don't really feel pushed to change anything at the moment. My main focus is not having a big bump at the end of the weekend. I'm hoping by enjoying my WOE more and feeling real good that will be less likely to happen.

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

Deb
hey! haven't been on the board much the last few days. shop is blessedly busy!

so glad to hear the FF is working great for you! i hope your weekend is going well and that you'll have a great monday weigh in! any road trips this weekend?

yesterday i did a lotion show. ella went with me. aside from the horrendous muscle spasm i had in my back the whole show, it was a good show. got home from that and then hubby and i went on date night for my birthday. went to longhorn. love that place. then we went to see captain phillips. good movie. but eerie to think that it wasn't *just* a movie but that it really happened just a few short years ago. it's about a cargo ship that gets abducted by Somali pirates and then they kidnap the captain on a life boat...intense movie.

MUST DO laundry this afternoon...it's overtaking the house!! simply haven't been home to do it!

hope you are well, bud!

hi debby!
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

dazygyrl!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My Sweet Bud!

Sorry about the back. I hope it didn't mess up date night. So happy the shop is cooking I was thinking you should be doing some shows this time of year.

I'm hanging this weekend just doing NKish and will amp up FF again tomorrow. I'm thinking about stopping pellets as with the appetite zap from the FF I really don't need them.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you, ladies. it was a good day.

i actually don't prefer doing shows. the organizer of this particular one has asked me the last 3 yrs and i haven't been able to attend till this year, so i figured i better go.

back loosened up by the time hubby was cleaned up and ready to go. ella and i sat in the recliner together before we left (she didn't want me to go....even tho we'd spent the whole day together ) so we we sat together...that really helped relax it.

way to go on FF/NK...i'd stop the pellets too if you're getting good appetite suppression.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The "I"s have it. Stopped yesterday. Continuing with FF this week. So how's it going with Primal? What are the things you focus most on?
Old 10-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #669
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

primal is going great. i really don't have to think about it much. i mostly just eat ground beef with my various 'toppings'. going to start increasing potatoes/sweet pot/sqaushes

still lifting 3x's a week. walk when i can. weather and shorter days are hindering that some. the thought of walking on a treadmill rather than outside is dreadful! lol! it bores me nearly to tears!! so i'm not sure what i'll do during the winter with walking. just take it a day at a time i suppose.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #670
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I feel the same way about my Nordic Track. I bought a book stand for it. It’s a little bit of a challenge to read while doing it, but better than nothing.

I started my Body Flex breathing exercises again today after reading the success with tightening, toning and just fitting into her jeans that Dana Carpender has had with the program. Plus power walking most days at work and lifting “slow” two or three times a week.

Last edited by TerriMM; 10-28-2013 at 09:43 AM..
Old 10-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know how you figured out you were doing Primal? I think I have figured out I'm doing The Silver Cloud Diet.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

no clue what that is... will have to check it out.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Neither did I. It's written by a doc that studied under Atkins, Dr. John Salerno. It's basically FF with an organic emphasis. The first two weeks is High Fat M&E, 1000 calories a day, and then you move on to add low glycemic veggies and other carbs. Just happened upon it on the NK forum.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay Buddy, scootchy over on the Primal Bench. Today I知 moving back to Primal / M&E. I知 kicking it off with M&E for a day or two just because I have tons of leftovers and no DH at home to eat them. Then I think I値l just move to Primal for a while with intermittent M&E. HH week starts tomorrow and DH痴 birthday is Nov 14 so I will probably hang with that for a while and just focus on keeping up with exercise. Right now I知 lifting two-three times a week, slowly. I知 power walking at work and trying to get my Body Flex breathing exercises back going.

How are things going for you? Do you celebrate Halloween?
Old 10-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

there's a space right here _ that's been waiting for you.

sounds like you have a great plan.

going good here. got one more of big orders to finish up. then need to prepare some for the thanksgiving festival thing we have in town. in the past it's been a great couple days for me, but last year sales were half of what they had been int he past...hoping it's a good year this year.

no we don't do halloween...never have. living in the country is a good excuse to not do anything. but i just don't like halloween and don't see the point of it at all.

kids don't have school tomorrow so ella went to a friend's house tonight. kyle is at a halloween party one of the girls in his class is having. the rest of us are just chilling.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls
Hope primal goes good for you. I'm enjoying it mostly.
We live in the country too.... so blessed to be free of the craziness of this day!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #677
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah I'm home alone trying to pretend like no one is home. We live on the edge of town on a dimly lit street where most people don't participate so I'm hoping they just skip the street. I feel bad for the new couple that just moved in they had their pumpkins lit and porch lights on before it even got dark.

M&E day went well and was very enjoyable

I remember Thanksgiving festival last year was a bummer. Sure hope this year is better!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #678
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, bud! just checking in…how are ya? how is primal treating you?

nothing new here. mid-cycle kinda threw me for a munchie loop. but should be easing up now. otherwise, same ol' same ol'

football tomorrow night…last game to decide if they go to state playoffs. then state games are next week.

he didn't get to play on monday bc they actually had a little more competition. still won by 22, but it was more of competition so the score never got a big enough gap for coach to put in the younger guys. the QB got hurt playing offense early on…had he not gotten over it, ky would have been QB! that was a bit nerve wracking to think of. it would have been great experience for him, but nerve-wracking at the same time.

hope you are well.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #679
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Bud!
Good to see you!! Sounds like our boy is winding up a pretty great season. I'll say a little prayer that he sees a little playoff time.

I'm doing well. There was however an unfortunate corn bread incident this weekend experimenting for Thanksgiving. So I just stuck with M&E for the rest of the week. I have moved to once a week weigh ins on Fridays. Baby steps
Old 11-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #680
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

danged corn bread!! (i hope you put butter and maple syrup on it! )

glad things are going well. way to go on once a week weighing. less stress.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #681
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well official Friday came in with "recovered from corn bread, holding my own with HH week" but that's about it.

Go Spartans!!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, to be holding your own dying HH week is pretty awesome.

pray i don't FREEZE right up tonight!!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sending you warm & fuzzy

And yes, I'm feeling good about things. Looking forward to just hanging and enjoying Primal for a while. Barring any "incidents" this weekend
Old 11-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning! well, they won! so it's onto the semi-finals on thursday on the other side of the state. if they win THAT game, then it's on to the finals the next week. score was 41-0. ky got to run a couple plays at the end.

just at home today. woke up with a sore throat yesterday and it's still sore today. just feel blah. piles of laundry….again…story of my life…but it's fine…you know i like low key.

any road tripping for you this weekend?
Old 11-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Double hugs for you my buddy!

And big for the Spartans!! I know our boy is going to see some playoff time

So far at home. Almost went for a fur buddy. We've learned that if we fall, reach out and go for it, don't talk about it. Otherwise they're gone. But we're getting closer to being ready. I have made some real good contacts for finding that special fur buddy though and that's a big step forward. How is our little Riley doing?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey bud…so exciting you are getting close to finding a new puppy. riley is doing really well. pretty much have house training nailed. (never mind the out of the blue peeing on the floor. don't know WHAT that was about) . she loves laying in front of the wood stove.

sooooo….this is my new thing Welcome to You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises by Mark Lauren i felt the need for more structure. i feel like my progress is stagnant. i feel stronger, but want to see more (hopefully a little quicker) fat loss. also will work on cleaning up the diet a bit…not horrible, just needs some adjusting as i have been slightly slack.

i bought the app (totally awesome) and the kindle book. started a 10 week program today. suggested is 4 days a week but will not get too freaked if i get off the 10 week mark.

how are you?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Terri, Hope you find a good fur baby soon I'm curious to see what you end up with! We sure get a lot of joy out of Molly... she's learning to dance on her hind feet now... so cute. tonight she was chewing on DH while playing... I said no, now you need a toy to chew on, not people... she looked thoughtful (looking at me tilting her head), let him go & ran over - picked up her rubber tire & took it right back to DH to play with her... so smart!

Your new work-out sounds interesting, Dazy. Hope it works & you can share some secrets with us!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So are you going to change your WOE? I take it you got the Video Value Pack? Is that so you could work out away from home vs. getting the DVDs? Is there a lot of jumping type exercise? I ask because I have a problem with my knees and high impact.

I'm feeling a little aimless. WOE - I want some carbs but don't want to give up my fat. This is why I'm attracted to Primal, but I'm having trouble being true for some reason. I think I need more structure in my exercise too. I think I'll pull out some of my Dvds, maybe my slow burn book. Let me know what you think of your new program. Maybe something fresh would help

I like your new Avi! Very sexy. Your leanness from working out is showing.

How did the play offs go? Did Kyle get some game time?

Very pretty doggie Deb!
Old 11-12-2013, 04:39 AM   #689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

no, no change in woe…he's a 5-6 meal, 'complex' carbs promoter. i may incorporate some of his ideas. but primal.

i only have the app for my iPad and the kindle book. the app has the 10 week program in 4 different levels of hardness or you can it's a great tool. you hit start workout and then plays the move i'm supposed to do. each move is done for 7.5 minutes in 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc increments with rest periods between each set. the rest period is determined by how long it takes you to do the amount of reps. if it takes 5 sec to do 3 reps then it counts down 15 sec of resting and then tells you to do the next set. you hit 'rep complete' after each set of reps and that's when the rest starts. it stores each day's session with the amount of reps you did in each move so you can track progress. it's quite an app and only cost 2.99.

the semi finals are thursday at the UNI (university of northern iowa) dome. if they win they play in the finals next week. it would be something if he got to play. i will be pleasantly happy if he gets to, but know i shouldn't expect it.

(thank you for you sweet words on my avi, i get bored looking at myself so like to change it up with different pics…lol)
Old 11-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That does sound like a great app!

Well I have to say having you for my Buddy is just what I needed once again last night There I was aimlessly drifting feeling let down. After talking with you I have renewed enthusiasm! I pulled out my Protein Power and Slow Burn books last night. I plan to change into my work out clothes when I get home on a regular basis starting tonight. I'm going to read up and get my plan together this week while I start back with my regular lift & squat routine, maybe some Pilates just to get going along with just basic low carb. I think I'll do a combo of Primal/Protein Power. Basically a little more structured and also although it will be an exception, I'll make room in my carb count, if I want it, for some grain. I don't have an issue with grain and inflammation and as long as it fits in my count I figure what the heck 80/20 always right?

Funny but just getting my head together a bit made me feel less bloated