Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
80% of the time focus on eating primal

20% of the time is for non-primal eating if needed.

i generally find myself mostly reading the nutrition forum and the odds & ends forum.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks for the explanation. I will go check out those areas of the forum too.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
The weekend was good. Also low key. Short road trip. I had a couple carby things. Corn on the cob yesterday and I actually had a cheeseburger today. Can't remember the last time and yes it was worth it.

I have renewed enthusiasm for Primal. Adding the fruit to basically minute muffins made all the difference. The natural premise I already felt, but now I'm feeling the life style. I figure 80% is 7 days x 3 meals a day = 21 meals x 80% = 17 meals. That would give me 4 meals a week off if I wanted to maintain. Obviously less to lose. That's built in living right there.

I figured the link was a good posting place for my little recipe queen.

DH cleans and repairs microscopes and mechanical balances for schools Middle, High and Jr. Colleges.

Hey Deb,
I down loaded the free stuff and that was a good place to start. But I did end up buying the book. I'm a bit of a diet book hog Tashy (who started the link I gave you) suggested "information/recipes/tips on places like fastpaleo, things my belly likes, paleo cupboard, just eat real food, nummy for my tummy, nom nom paleo, and wholefood simply" I haven't had a change to check them out yet, but I plan to.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy monday!

glad to hear you had a good weekend, too. and that you have a renewed enthusiasm. i have come to the conclusion that even if i have periods of time where it seems nothing is changing, i have no other options but to keep on keeping on bc, really, what's my alternative? going back to crap eating and no movement? that was not fun really either...i felt totally enslaved and i didn't like that feeling at all....so i just keep going. anyway, sorry if i'm beating a dead horse here. i'll be quiet now...i know we are all different and have to find what works for each of us.

what an interesting biz you have.

hi, deb! happy monday to you too! hope you have a beautiful day!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually I think that is a real positive message, I get it. But then you knew I would.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 09-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That almost make me cry. How beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously your little bug is very photogenic, they featured him quite a bit. Very, very touching. God is great!
Old 09-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

dr told us yesterday that hyundai had made that video. i loved how much he was in there.

how are you bud?

same ol' here.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Bud!
I'm struggling a little bit with Primal this week. Oddly it's been more challenging being more liberal. Plus it's labor law week. And you know how it is out in the world. The main offerings are white carbs.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #610
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm sorry you're struggling. those danged white carbs.

try not to over think and just enjoy meat/fat/veggies/fruit. remember, i don't think Grok paid any attention to macros and %'s he just ate good food!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think that's a very good point. I'm going to employee that.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay Bud here it is. Iím getting nowhere fast and if I don't get a handle on things I'm in danger of some serious back tracking. After a very disappointing clothing shopping trip and a less than stellar weigh in I realize itís time to get my little butt in gear. Saturday I made a commitment to myself for 45 days to follow Primal as much as humanly as possible. No grains or sugar. Avoid legumes and starchy, high glycemic foods. I'm going to opt for organic whenever possible and avoid soy oil and much as I can. I'll allow the occasional low sugar dark chocolate and normally allowed Primal fruits. I'm not going to stress about a little hidden sugar or flour in sauces or dressings but will pick the least offensive as possible. I also plan to focus more on slow burn. 45 days will get me to the middle of November right before DH's birthday and the holidays. It will then be my objective to maintain through the holidays. I believe this is a commitment I can honestly adhere to and I finally feel ready.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so sorry you didn't have fun shopping. i rather dislike shopping period, let alone when/if said clothes aren't cooperating.

your plan sounds great. you got it!

i had a pretty "20%" weekend. football game friday night, ella had a potluck for gymnastics team saturday night, along with scotcharoos (!!), potluck at church sunday, then we went to this town meeting thingy last evening....with, among other things, scotcharoos, nuff said! so, yeah...more off plan eating than i have this last entire 2+ mos. BUT, i feel no need to continue eating that way and am ready to get right back at it! this is huge.

i think i am going to try lower fat, higher protein and see if that cuts some inches a bit faster. just to change things up a bit.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Scotcharoos?

Sounds like you have a great mindset going! I'll take some a that!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

heaven in a pan

Chocolate Scotcheroos Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Old 09-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Say no more
Old 09-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mmmmhmmmm.... thank you 20%
Old 09-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Something about living that makes this sooooooooo doable!
Old 10-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay I need my Budís advice here. Iíve been eating Primal sticking to the foods real well. Maybe eating a little more than I should from time to time but no extremes. I gave up the ďlegalĒ baked goods Monday. Iíve been drinking my water, but not pushing it. Not eating a lot of salty stuff. Itís not HH week, but about to be. Iíve been powerwalking at work, lifting a couple times a week but nothing extreme and certainly far less then Mark evens suggests. Now I havenít weighed in this week, I will tomorrow, but all week long Iíve been feeling heavier and heavier and my clothes are getting tighter and tighter. My weight last Friday was higher than when I first started HCG. Iím starting to feel a little panicky. I probably wonít change anything (if the scale strongly suggests it ) until Monday (maybe Sunday). Of course my first thought was FF and HCG crossed my mind. Skimming around our home site I came across this thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...intaining.html

Iím wondering if I just need to bite the bullet to get down again so I can start maintaining with Primal, LC, etc. I was thinking about your last round that you did so well on not too long ago and wondering how you feel about doing that now. I have both pellets and drops. Since the drops are not really HCG I also considered taking both. Yes Iím spinning a bit. I need my Buddy!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey buddy... so sorry you aren't feeling the best. i can certainly understand that panicky, frustrated feeling. i actaully feel 'puffier' than i have in awhile too. too much '20%' due to social things. but i partook knowingly in each of them. am looking forward to that all settling down.

i think you need to do what you need to do to feel comfortable in your skin. if that means hcg, then so be it. don't feel bad about that one bit. before i really got going with primal,i contemplated using my other drops of hcg1234, but *for me*, i just wanted to see what i could do without it. but you have given other measures a fair shot and if you feel you need to do the hcg or ff for that matter then go for it! you know i'm here for you whatever you decide.

yep i saw that thread. some interesting stuff there.

for me, i regained not b/c hcg didn't work, but bc i chose poorly, plain and simple.

as for me doing the drops, i'm thinking it may not be the best choice. when i haven't had social things, i have been doing as low fat as possible. it's messing with my head and i'm starting to feel totally unsatisfied after a meal and getting that constant snacky feeling. i hate feeling that way so i think i need to add the fat back in. if i continue, it only leads to potential binging. i never felt this way eating plenty of fat.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well it wasnít as bad as I feared. I was up .70. The way I felt I wouldnít have been surprised to see 2-3 lbs, devastated but not surprised. I broke the news to DH that I was thinking of starting a round Monday and he said he was thinking the same thing. So that decides the question of traditional or FF. Iíll start traditional and when loses stall Iíll move to FF like usual. I figure Iíll get more mileage out of that anyway. Iím going to do everything I can to not load and stay as low carb as possible. The last thing I need is to add more weight. Iíve been doing my best to educate DH to that concept over the last year or so, so hopefully heíll be on board with that as well.

Any plans for the weekend?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, i'm glad to hear you weren't too disappointed. you know i have done rounds where i wake up and decide to start taking pellets right into vlc and did fine. just thought i'd share my experience with not loading.

plans for weekend. homecoming football game tonight, but not sure if i'll be able to go. ella is home today with fever and sore throat. :/ plus it's supposed to start raining again around 5. will play it by ear.

tomorrow dh and i talked about going on a date, but he told me this morning that if we go, we should take everyone. with the boys being social butterflies now that they're in high school, we really don't see them much. so we'll proly all go to the city and go out for supper.

no plans for sunday other than church.

how about you?
Old 10-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope sweet Ella feels better! Kind of a bummer about the date, but it sounds like it turned into a nice family night.

We refinanced the house, shortening the term. We signing papesr this afternoon and then will go out for an early dinner. The only bummer is we'll be in separate cars. This weekend is supposed to be beautiful, so probably a road trip Saturday. Things have changed back to more the way they used to be at our old church so weíll probably try back there. I donít know why it seems so hard to find our church. The one I told you about we were so excited about, we started getting involved with and as soon as they found out where we lived they gave us a list of churches closer to our house and left us feeling like they handed us our walking papers. So here we are bouncing around again.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So did you find better results with the pellets or HCG1234? Or did you really notice much difference?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #625
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay one little ray of sunshine (just to prove how anal I really am ) I log my weight on the Atkins site every Friday, I have since before we started HCG off & on because they have a cool graph. I'm really .60 below last Friday. I was comparing to last Saturday this morning. Hasn't changed my plan though, I'm ready to shed.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Okay one little ray of sunshine (just to prove how anal I really am ) I log my weight on the Atkins site every Friday, I have since before we started HCG off & on because they have a cool graph. I'm really .60 below last Friday. I was comparing to last Saturday this morning. Hasn't changed my plan though, I'm ready to shed.
woohoo!! so glad you rechecked.

Quote:
So did you find better results with the pellets or HCG1234? Or did you really notice much difference?
for some reason i like the drops better. i think bc they weren't hcg so i didn't feel that i had to adhere to 'the rules" and i just felt better taking them.

Quote:
I hope sweet Ella feels better! Kind of a bummer about the date, but it sounds like it turned into a nice family night.

We refinanced the house, shortening the term. We signing papesr this afternoon and then will go out for an early dinner. The only bummer is we'll be in separate cars. This weekend is supposed to be beautiful, so probably a road trip Saturday. Things have changed back to more the way they used to be at our old church so weíll probably try back there. I donít know why it seems so hard to find our church. The one I told you about we were so excited about, we started getting involved with and as soon as they found out where we lived they gave us a list of churches closer to our house and left us feeling like they handed us our walking papers. So here we are bouncing around again.
she's still feeling blah. hope she feels better tomorrow so we can do our outing.

that's really strange your church would do that. why would they do that? sure you can find a church home.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
That's cool that it really was working. I guess you do what you gotta do, but its encouraging to me, to see that you were actually losing. I am having to adjust my head to compare "weekly" wts. as well with this. Mine is also going down (gradually) over the week, but sometimes it feels the opposite. I am pretty sure its the dairy, messing with my system, so will drop that this week... bye-bye GY & cream in my coffee!
Dazy that sounds like a good plan, adding the healthy fats back in. It is hard to "trust" that fats thing. I was reading a Paleo book today & it does sound like good fats (especially CO) are what we need.
Have a great Sunday!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, I'm going to miss the fat! I guess that's why I always finish with FF.

Looking forward to getting back to Primal for maintenance and/or gradual lose.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi, bud! how was your weekend?

low key here again. ella still isn't 100%. she went to school with huge tonsils sounding like a cartoon character bc of it...but no fever and motrin before school helps her feel ok throughout the day. she and i stayed home from church yesterday to just chill. it was a FABULOUS cold, windy, rainy day to sit in sweats all day. actually my favorite kind of day, truth be told. weird, i know.

really going to kick up my lifting routine this week to see if i can speed up fat melting results. i added planks, push ups, some back work and vertical bench press. am also going to try getting back to sprinting with an elliptical or rower rather than running as they were hurting my knee. did a brief couple of sprints on the elliptical today. i was told on MDA that sprints are good to do after lifting more maximum results. soooo, we'll see i guess. definitely feeling it today!! lol...

aslo, for a little TMI my digestion has been the most normal it has been in ages. i'm not entirely sure why, but i'll take it. my food mainly consists of ground beef and fruit. occasional sweet potatoes when i make some. going to try the cold potato thing too. my gr beef meals are either: meat/bacon/cream cheese --- meat topped with pasta sauce and a little parmesan --- or meat topped with avocado, sour cream, and salsa. and some sort of fruit. gut feels the best it has felt in a long time. i also found so super yummy protein bars. BUT can't remember the brand right now...lol. i'll eat one with coffee in the morning sometimes. 21 g of protein. 6g sugar. so not too bad. plus some other carbs, less than 20 i'm pretty sure.

say a little prayer for ky tonight. it's possible he may be starting QB tonight for the JV game. last monday the starting QB (a sophomore) was benched part way thru the 2nd quarter for having a bad attitude (a bad trait he has had since little league baseball and he is now a sophomore and still the same). ky QB'd the rest of the game and did FANTASTIC!! totally proved to the coaches what he is capable of. the whole game changed when he put ky in. talk about a proud mama moment!! so can't wait to see how today goes.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gosh that's awesome. Big prayer for Kyle, though it looks like the Lord is already smiling on him.

That's great about your digestion. It sounds as though you've pretty much eliminated veggies. Crazy how different our bodies are. I'll be interested how the cold potatoes go. You're not doing the hack are you? Just adding in the occasional?

It's so funny to hear you so amped on lifting, I love it. I have problems with my knees too, usually from lunges, or cardio. I've found if I do my lunges the whole set on one side and then change instead of back and forth they do a lot better.

Well I loaded over the weekend, mostly low carb. I did have a fast food sandwich and some breadsticks yesterday and woke up with a belly ache and a 1.6# gain. So my body did not like adding back the wheat. I hadn't planned on it, but I'm thinking of doing this round wheat free Today I replaced my bread stick with a boiled egg. Since I want to continue my lifting and powerwalks, it actually makes more sense. My total load gain was 1.7# not bad considering several times with a traditional load I gained over 6#.