Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 05:43 AM   #571
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
good morning, bud! how ya doing? still FFing?

doing good here. feeling good.did my sprints last evening. never thought i'd run, but don't mind the short bursts. shooting to do those twice a week, so again on saturday. have also cut back on my walking just a bit. feeling like things may be slimming down again.

hope you are well!
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/139.8/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Mornin' Bud,
Yep still FFing and feeling really good. The transfer back to weekly weighing is really working for me. I'm so much less "tweaked" which I think really helps keep me on track. I have dinner out tonight with DH & Daddy at a Mexican joint, so we'll see how that goes. But I don't feel as anxious about it as I would if I was weighing in tomorrow. But at the same time I feel less likely to overdo it.

I haven't gotten to the point of sprints yet, but I am making an effort the move more whether it is light lifting, power walking or just parking farther away from my destination. I am feeling slimmer too or at least back comfortable in my clothes.

How come you're backing off on walking? Time constraints? I imagine it's time to start stocking up the shop. Any football this week?
Old 09-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i wondered if when i feeling like i was making no progress (not feeling like things were slimming down, mirror unfavorable, etc) if i was overdoing it...MDA stresses not overdoing it with the cardio so thought i would back off just a wee bit with the walking and then doing sprints twice a week instead of once. plus eating a bit more. am starting to feel like things are moving again. hopefully, anyway.

glad FFing and not weighing are helping with your frame of mind...it's quite liberating.

have a great time with hubby and daddy...so happy for you that you can still go out with your daddy treasure every moment.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep especially mindful of that lately. It would have been Mom's 85th birthday yesterday. She passed 5-1/2 years ago.

He's not a fan of over Cardio, that's for sure. Glad things seem to be moving again. That sure helps with the frame of mind!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What I learned from weighing in weekly.
No matter how great I do on whatever WOE during the week, if I let it go over the weekend, all is for naught. No this isn’t a surprise, nor is it something I didn’t know was going on but…………… If I was weighing in daily, like I had been, after the initial shook of what I gained over the weekend, I’d be very pleased with what I had lost come Friday. This week after four days of FF, doing very well, feeling the difference in my clothes and in the mirror I was very shocked that my weight had not changed one tenth of a pound from last Friday’s weigh in. So no playing games and fooling myself anymore. This weekend’s goal is to “not go backwards”. May sound silly, but so has been my behavior. After that hopefully all my weekday work will actually be meaningful.

This sounds ridiculous when I read it back to myself Really!?

How's your weekend shaping up? We're going to do our Mama flower run this weekend. Beyond that, not sure.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

as you do your flowers. sunday will be 3 years that dad was healed from his pain.

remember tho...the scale lies, your clothes and the mirror do not!! if you feel better and the mirror agrees, fagetabout that devi's platform. especially if you are exercising regularly.

weekend is quiet. i need to be in the shop all day tomorrow as i wasn't able to be in it today and have two big orders i'm working on.

i will post more tomorrow about our day today, it's all good tho...just got home from the game and got little ones to bed...am too tired now, especially since i was awake from 2-6am this morning. so, am off to bed and will chat at ya in the am.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so yesterday....noah's dr was awarded a $250,000 research grant from hyundai. they invited his patients to come and be a part. after the presented him with the grant, they had the kids put their handprint on a canvas that will go on one of hyundai's cars and be displayed at different local dealers. the car is called wheels of hope. (then they put their handprints on dr's lab coat they gave him too. ) he will be researching a gene that he can isolate to help in the treatment of metastatic disease from neuroblastoma in kids. it's something they have discovered with breast cancer and he is hoping to do the same with neuroblastoma.

(his print is the lower left corner)

so that was his day yesterday. he told us at noah's june appt that he was getting this grant...his nurses didn't even know about it. it was a privilege to be a part of.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i have comet o the conclusion that i have serious gut/digestion issues. a guy on MDA suggested a book to read to help understand and and treat naturally gut issues. with outlined elimination diets to follow for optimal healing. talk about a lot of info...holy cow. but, it's a place to start anyway before racking up bills with medical testing...it can't hurt anything to try diet changes, ya know? i'm just getting to where she talks about how to choose which elimination approach to choose.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow that would explain a lot. I'm a big believer that we have the majority of tools to heal our own bodies. We just did to discover what they are.

You were certainly blessed with Noah's doctor. How wonderful he is being blessed to help others. Isn't God's work wonderful?!

Have a great weekend. Thanks for the pep talk
Old 09-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

he has been/is such a blessing. and i agree, God is pretty awesome.

and my new bit of sad for the morning.

i discovered my diamond fell out of my wedding ring. hubby said, well, we'll just have to get a new one. amy wearing my mother's rings for the time being.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh I'm sorry. Maybe make a game for the kids to search for it. When I was your daughter's age I could always find my mom's lost contacts and earrings. Reminds me I need to get my rings checked.

I did well this weekend. Just stuck with low carb. Tomorrow back to FF.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #582
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

on a good weekend.

hope it was beautiful day to visit your mamas. what else did you do this weekend?

laid back here this weekend.

re digestion....something is making me wonder if any of my issues may have been from the relacore. i have accidently forgotten to take it yesterday and today and both days i haven't 'gone' with every bathroom visit. and my gut is much quieter. hmmm...

i also haven't had many veggies....sweet potato, avocado is about it. and no apples either.

in reading that book, am thinking i am need to eat cooked veggies, like well cooked. not just sautéed and left slightly firm.

i have a chicken in the oven. am going to make bone broth with it, then make chicken soup with zucchini, carrots, green beans and possibly spinach. these are the 4 'safe' veggies she allows in the elimination diet. i'm starting with supplementing HCL to increase stomach acid. i am hoping it's just that simple to see an improvement. but, will see.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting. What book are you reading?

We just stuck around all day and did Honey dos. We have an appraiser coming tomorrow. Hopefully refinance before interest rates go up much more. What about you?
Old 09-16-2013, 04:28 AM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds like a good weekend....i'm rather fond of do nothing weekends. saturday iw as just at the shop till 3, then just chilled in the evening. ella wanted to bake so we made 'worl'ds best brownies' from her little cookbook someone gave her. daddy said we ARE NOT allowed to make those again. i didn't even have one little crumb.

sunday was just church and relaxing after. we always pick kendall's girlfriend up and take to church with us. she came home with us after church and then i took her to a birthday party she had to go to, then kendall and i went to walmart for groceries.

the book is called 'digestive health with real food'.

just in the shop today and kyle's jv ball game at 6.

so are you switching your weighing day to monday instead of friday?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #585
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

jesus loves me this i know!

turned my light on to get my clothes and had a brief thought of well, doesn't hurt to look, a half a second later, i glanced on the floor at the foot of my bed and this was sparkling up at me. shocked....
Old 09-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is totally awesome!!!

So Kendall shopping with Mom. Might somebody be growing up?

Good for you on the brownies. As you know, my major weakness.

I feel a lot better this Monday then last. Kept my focus over the weekend. Didn't diet per se just kept it low carb. Friday is still weight in day. The goal at the moment is not let it go over the weekends thinking I have all week to work it off. That simply results in the biggest yoyo game of the world.

Have a great Monday. I know you will with that sparkly thing in your hand!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nahhh....he just needed shotgun shells. lol!!

just kidding...he is growing up...still has areas that need lots of maturing, but yeah, growing up in deed. he'll 16 in feb.

so glad you are feeling better today. always good for the frame of mind to keep on keepin' on.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
PTL!! Isn't God amazing!?!
I love your blog here, hope its OK to join?
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Debby,
You're most welcome. As you can tell we're about as much chit chat as WOE, feel free to join the conversation.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay Buddy,
Didn't blow it over the weekend, did well all week, maybe a little higher in calories more NKish rather than FF, but no grains. I didn't really work out as I was busy crawling around hooking up computers, canning, etc., but moving around and I am up 1#. Yeah I know, fluctuation, blah, blah, blah but I was sure I'd be down. I felt it.

DH has talked me into trying Protein Power with him. Just basic low carb 30 or under of whatever it is I want. No crazy micros of any kind. Sounds too easy, but nothing else seems to be working.

How are you doing 80% girl?
Old 09-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you know what i have to say about the fluctuation. mirror and clothes and all that...

would dh do primal with you or do you prefer PP? i say go with whatever you feel best doing.

today has been a 20% day. had lunch with a friend at panera bread. football game tonight and there will probably be popcorn. that's probably the carbiest thing i have most often (which isn't very often)....popcorn. did have bread for lunch, but that's a rarity.

got any plans for the weekend?

i don't really. laundry mostly. but you know how i like low key.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No on Primal. I've been working and working on him. He simply will not buy into no grains. And right about now I’m thinking a little low carb pasta or light bread once in a while sounds fine.

I don't know what we're doing; we have a ton to do around the house. We're redoing one of the flower beds now that the weather has cooled. Plus DH wants to do some sprinkler work. I need to clean up the boxes from all the new office equipment and finish programing the equipment. Laundry done, house is clean, so I’m thinking ROAD TRIP!

Did you get your ring fixed yet? Football? Have a great whatever it turns out to be!!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi again,
I spent some time reading your last two pages, where you started the Primal diet, most helpful. I ordered the book on amazon today, looking forward to reading it. I was tempted to get the kindle form, but really like having a book that I can book-mark & flip pages back & forth... got a good price on a used one in good shape.
This being the 4th day...my system has adjusted to the loss of oat bran (the only grain I was still eating) & the addition of dairy & fruit. Otherwise my diet is already there... oh except the sweetener, I won't be giving that up! Wt. starting to descend today though I only want to lose a couple lbs. I also need to get my calories up, so will be working on that as well.

You two are so brave, not weighing... that's a tough one for me. I'm forced to do that on our long motorcycle trips... since going on my strict diet (for thyroid/adrenals) I lose wt. every time! But that's also when my metabolism suffers, because I just go without, when traveling. End up living on less than 1000 calories. I love how my clothes fit at the lower wts. though!

Good night!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:40 AM   #594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi, debby! hope you enjoy primal.

ky's (varsity) game was a lot of fun last night. they were ahead 51 - 12 by the end of the first half. so about halfway thru the third quarter he put the JV offense in. the other jv QB (a sophomore) hurt his ankle, so ky qb'd the rest of the game! plus some on defense too. jv offense even scored once for a final of 66-18. loved watching him.

no, i haven't taken my ring to the jeweler's yet. but it's put away in a safe place. just need to go do it.

what's the new office equipment about? are you working from home?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wouldn’t exactly call it bravery Debby, although it was a little scary. For me at least it was just an attempt at sanity. The highs and lows everyday were killing me for one thing and the other was the game of if I was losing all week that it somehow negated my gains over the weekend had to stop.

So if you were doing oat bran, does that mean you were doing Dukan? How did that treat you? Be careful with Primal. Mark will turn you into an organic nut before you realize it. I’m not sure I’ll ever lose a lot of that, although I’ve been traveling that road a while now. “Why would you eat meat and dairy pumped full of chemicals designed to fatten it up?” has always resonated with me. I’m also not sure if I’ll go back to grains to any degree. He makes a pretty good case against them and not the first time I’ve heard it.

Good luck!
Old 09-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beautiful Avi Bud!
This mirror says you are doing just fine!!

So is Kyle hoping for a sports scholarship? Sure seems like he would be right in line.

We have a home business. I had an all-in-one phone/fax/answer machine/phone which was great for space, but when the speaker on the answer machine died I had to replace the whole thing. I went with a Printer/fax and a separate phone/answer machine. So not only did I need to program them but make sure they play nice together and with the computer. And then there is always training DH

How's your weekend? It's raining here, just a lovely day to stay home and enjoy the day. We were going to bar-b-que today; maybe we'll have a fire instead.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls,
I've been on home-grown beef & pork as well as wild moose & venison for most of our married life. Have never liked "cyclamates" or processed meats. But in the last year I've gone to a naturopath who has me on the same... apparently my body is intolerant to chemicals. She also recommended organic foods & I've been reading up on what to avoid through Dr Mercola with his daily updates.
I'm also not to have gluten. Was allowed corn (till I read about all the GMO they did to it, now can't eat it). So, that left oats & I just ate oat bran, mostly. What is Dukan?
I'm liking the additions of dairy & fruit on this (although I'm not supposed to eat dairy either (shhhh)!
So far Primal's good... mostly like what I eat anyway.
Beautiful, slightly cool day here.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #598
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Primal/Paleo newbies.... tips, hints, and most of all, recipes to share!

New Primal thread just started. I just took the muffins out of the oven. Can't wait to try them!
Old 09-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so weekend was as i thought...low key. laundry and netflix yesterday. today, church, walmart for groceries, went for a walk. chill rest of day.

what is your home business?

thanks for the link. will be good to have the input of others here. recipes look yummy too!

how was your sunday?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #600
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the link Terri. That's good if it helps DH be more accepting of the diet.
Today was a quiet Sunday. The grand-kiddo's were sleeping in today, too much going on this week, so we didn't get to take them to church Hope this doesn't become the new pattern.

We had a good service & then went out for lunch with friends. I ate eggs for breakfast & lunch today... that being the only acceptable thing on the menu. I made the mistake of ordering a "senior" portion & it wasn't much. Fruit salad came with it, but ended up being all melons...so DH got that (I don't like 'em).

I'm having trouble with Mike's forum, tried to subscribe to a thread & can't get it to show up in the subscriptions. Its kind of overwhelming. Where do you enjoy reading? I should probably read more of what its about... hard to know what its about.

You were talking about 80-20 (which I saw there also). What is it? Part of the program?

Thanks, Have a good evening!