Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
it's going good. more under control now that i have a couple of big wholesale orders delivered.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning! hope you had a great day yesterday.

so i was up .4 this morning. it's just a fluctuation, it's just a fluctuation, it's just a fluctuation....there...maybe if i say it over and over i won't be inclined to be bummed. i really don't like weighing so early (5:30am). i think it's not as accurate...but not sure what else to do.

having my first 'social' thing for lunch. lunch with my friend...it's been forever since we had lunch. but we are going to a place that has specializes in burgers, so i'm feeling ok about it. thinking a bacon cheeseburger?

then tomorrow night is the night my friend has her annual 'mom's only' christmas party that we have done since play-day days when all our kids were bitty. i will enjoy this evening so that will probably mean some non-nk eating...but i planned on it so am ok with it.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: HCG 2.0ur Way
Start Date: 4/7/14
Good Morning Bud,
.4 is nothing and totally a fluctuation. You've got the downward trend going for you. Look at where you were a week ago. And yes you're always higher the earlier you weigh.

I'm down .30 from yesterday, still working on my 1# bump from a couple days ago, but heading the right direction.

Have a lovely lunch!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

on being down!!

dh asked me how it was going...he said you must definitely be losing inches, b/c it certainly LOOKS like you are. i said, well, it must be that b/c there's not much change on the scale. soooo....
Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Remind me Buddy, what’s the true goal?

I forgot I did a good workout last night. So since that usually constitutes a bump, I'm real happy about the .3 drop!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, yeah...i know...

that's even more awesomer that you went down with exercise!!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thinking about this inch loss thing...i have a hand held body fat analyzer. i am going to that in the morning and see how that changes from friday - friday.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds interesting. How does it work?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it's a electrical current thingy. google omeron body fat analyzer. i got mine from amazon. not sure on it's exactness but can give an idea anyway.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've seen those. These use them at Curves. It'll be interesting to see how it works for you.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:25 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so...the week was wash. i weighed the same today as i did last friday (which is up a pound from yesterday). but i do feel i have lost inches. bodyfat % recorded and moved on. ie: not impressive

so i hit a low during the week, but on the day it 'counts' i ended up the same as last friday. will just keep plugging along. better than a gain, i know.

so i have my party tonight. st louis next weekend (fairly certain *that* won't be too NK friendly). then christmas stuff. so i may not see actual losses till after new year's.

hope your official weigh in treated you well!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Bud,
Well I had a .20 bump from yesterday. I'm down 1.4 from last Friday, up .50 from my weekly low. I've had nails and hair appts this week, so two take out meals. So all & all I'm pretty happy. I have a week without much to come, so really going to apply myself this week. Honestly, if I can make it through the holidays without a gain I will call it a win.

Have a happy Friday!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

congrats!!

i think i'm going to lower protein this week. i think i'm eating too high of protein.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's probably not a bad idea. I need to work at getting mine up. And I was thinking (now that I'm a little more awake ) wasn't last week your HH week? If so, a wash with a mid-week low is pretty darn good.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

last week was actual TOM, i don't seem to gain when it's actually in the house...i seem to retain with ovulation/mid-cycle.

all's i *really* know...i do NOT want my body to 'get use' to low cals....so as of now, i refuse to lower cals. kwim? so will stick to the range of 30-35 cal/kg for goal weight.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I just read what reddarin said about lowering by 500 that seems like a lot, I mean that's basically 25%. But I was thinking maybe you'd be willing to sacrifice a few carbs even on an every other day type schedule if you wanted to try and lose before the holidays.

Personally I think you’re doing great. Today’s snapshot was just that. If you took that snap shot on Wednesday we wouldn’t even be having this discussion. So holidays = the same or lower. Why worry and make it harder than it needs to be? Remember we also have to fit some living in there ya know. Then there’s always that darn DH dropping in with a how great you look comment. I guess that could make you wonder if you’re doing things right?

Remember this is not HCG and we’re not doing that for a reason.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yep, yep! i know. he dropped that comment again today. so i need to remember that even if the number isn't what i *want* there's more to evaluate progress than that number.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And it's Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 12-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

morning bud!

well, i think it's time to go to weekly weighing. i figure as long as i'm keeping things (numbers) where they need to be, for my mental well being, lol, seeing the daily fluctuations isn't really necessary. so i will monitor clothes/mirror/dh commentary (heehee...) and focus on friday weigh-in.

i posted this in the NK forum, but thought i'd share here too. hunter son got his first deer this morning! i'm so happy for him. he just loves hunting!

i sure hope the taste isn't too 'wild'. i'll have to go recipe hunting for how best to cook up this meat.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Buddy,

Nice deer! Is that Kyle? I hear the secret is to marinade the wildness out. I have a lot of hunters at work. I especially like the summer sausage and jerky they make.

I think weekly weigh in would be a really good idea. Especially if maintain through the holidays is the goal.

Yesterday I was so busy I didn't have time to journal. Was eating what was left in the house at the end of the week, so didn't feel like the fat was high enough so I snacked on a bit more whip then normal after dinner. Down 1# this morning. I'd like to say the whip is the secret weapon, but I know it’s just fluctuation. Positive fluctuation maybe, but fluctuation all the same. But it makes me below last week’s low, so you still can't wipe the smile off my face.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that's kendall. kyle is the sports guru, kendall the hunting guru.

the friend who helped them dress it this morning said that's the fattiest doe he's ever seen! so that's got to be a good thing, huh?

hmmm....magical whip?? way to go!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would think that would make it more flavorful, tender and much less dry. Can't really think of any draw backs

Well I'm back up that pound I was down yesterday. But with Chinese for lunch it was to be expected.

I think I'll go to twice a week weigh ins for now. Monday (how'd the weekend go?) and Official Friday.

Happy Sunday!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ah, yes, chinese...tasty little morsels, but will get you every time.

i weighed this morning. up .8 from friday. didn't record as it's NOT the one that matters, right? not weighing till friday.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning,
Yeah I shouldn't have weighed in today, just going to pretend I didn't Yesterday did not go according to plan. Today is a little upside down. Didn't bring my lunch, forgot I have to leave early so can't leave, I'll have to depend on my co-workers and they are not known for going to health establishments. Just going to make the best decisions possible and move on. I've got three perfect days after today til Friday.

.8 is nothing but a fluctuation and you're right, not the one that counts! Are you going to St. Louis this week?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just make today a living day. you'll be fine...you always do better a making better choices in those situations than me.

i am going to st louis. little rigge is having a tough time. his mom texted me this morning that he had a seizure at 5am today and they discovered a new brain bleed on CT scan. he's back in ICU and i haven't heard any plans. (did i tell you he had some bleeding in his brain a week or two ago? from all the blood thinners he has to be on for the mechanical heart....it's a catch 22...if he's not on the blood thinners, he could have a stroke from small blood clots forming in the device...yet it puts in great risk for bleeding such as this by being on it.)
Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Poor little fellow. And what a time of year for them all to be going through all this. Will keep praying for a Christmas miracle.

Just ordered a Tuna Salad, so far so good!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hope your day ended ok!

(i *may* weigh tomorrow. had fewer cals today, may be to nosey to wait till friday. )
Old 12-11-2012, 04:23 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(ok, no more weighing....for reals. was down 0.2 )

how was your day yesterday?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know the drill Girly, Girl............... down is down.

If I wasn't afraid of losing all control I'd seriously consider not weighing the rest of the month. But I'm afraid that would be a sure ticket to disaster. As much as I'd like to lose a few before Christmas, it's just getting too close to stress over. I'm going to keep with Official Fridays, but my honest to goodness goal is to see no gain from the first of the month. If I pull that off I'll consider it a win.

I didn't do too bad yesterday considering my lack of preparation
2086 calories
Fat 186 grams - 80%
Protein 67 grams - 13%
Carbs 38 grams - 7%

I think if I continue to journal as much as possible, I can't help but stay on track. If I eat out I'll just go with the generic "tuna salad with cheese" preloads and move on.