Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
I think I have lost some inches. But haven't weighed in forever. I'm kinda over the scale, especially with all the walking and lifting, kwim? So, as I have done for awhile, am measuring progress with the mirror and how clothes fit.

We did eat out at the pizza buffet. But I did good I think. Some salad (barely half of what I dished up), two chicken thighs, one piece of pizza, a small cheesy bread stick, the cheese off three more breadsticks. So, some carby stuff but not horrible. Didn't touch the dessert pizza nor really cared to. And the first bready carbs since last weekend. So sticking to 80/20 pretty well. Feels good to be in control.

You have a great weekend too!
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
You got this Girl!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hello there...so i weighed yesterday...but only so i could check my bf%. it was about what i thought it was, so was ok with it...meaning, glad it wasn't wayyyy higher than i thought.

i don't know how accurate my bf% thingy is, but i'm only using it as a gauge to see if it's changing up or down.

food same.

exercise same.

boring, boring....

what do you think of primal?

how are things going with you?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Buddy!
For some reason I'm struggling this week, don't know why. So I switched from M&E to FF. I'm liking Primal a lot. It's more of a way of life rather then I diet. And one that I believe in a lot and have been heading towards for a while. I downloaded all the free stuff which is more philosophy then WOE. It cracks me up every time he says 80%, you know who I think of

I've been power walking at work pretty consistently but have backed off on my lift squat routines, my joints were just aching. There again that's some of the philosophy of Primal. So has it been sitting there just waiting for us.

DH is out of town this week, so I'm working hard to lose a couple extra, not sure what I'll do when he gets home yet.

Glad the scale was kind!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a 'lovely' day yesterday.

The hard drive on my MacBook Pro up and took a crap just like that. It worked fine Monday, fine yesterday morning. By afternoon it was super slow so I shut it wall down to reboot....and it never came back on. so off i trot to the apple store over an hour away. Sure enough hard drive up and died. I was in the middle of finishing up an order and now can't finish printing the labels till i get it back...sigh. one nice thing, they don't make the hard drives it came with originally so I get one twice as big for the same price. And thankfully it doesn't break the bank to repair. Better than having to get a new one. Oh we'll, the price of having technology.

so I checked my bf again this morning. which mean weighing again. Weight was up .6 from Monday, but bf % down .4%. And the mirror is pretty nice. So, am happy with progress.

How was your day?
Old 08-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a bit of a blessing in disguise. When will you get it back?

Well I'm down the .6 I was up yesterday, so moving the right direction at least. And that is day 1. So I have big hopes for second day tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They thought 3-4 days which means not till after Labor Day I assume.

on being down! Awesome!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

morning!

how did ff treat you this morning?

sooooo, how do i look on my shiny new macbook air don't get me wrong, i LOVE it, but just sad i had to do get a new one at all. the apple stored called yesterday morning and said once they opened it up they could see it had been exposed to fluids. umm, yeah...it had over a year ago, i spilled my coffee with cream on the keyboard. it never skipped a beat after i did that...but let this be a lesson...stupidity will always come back to bite you in the butt. so my simple $177 new hard drive was going to turn into a >$800 repair so for a few hundred more, i just decided to get a new one. maybe someday, if needed, i'll repair my broken one. so that was my day yesterday. BUT i must say, that apple's time machine + an external backup drive are MAGIC!! i plugged my backup drive into the this new thing and BOOM, it looks just like my old one!! so happy. the only last remaining test of if everything transferred over properly is if my labels printers print. will test that in a little bit. pray it all works!!

ky has his first foot ball game tomorrow. varsity game. he found out he is STARTING varsity punt team!! thought he was the only freshman starting.

did i ever tell you he lettered in baseball this summer as a 13 yr old?? so proud of him!!

whatcha up to today?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, that boy is a natural born athlete. Sounds like scholarship territory. Was DH like that?

Sorry about the expense, but now youíll be good to go for a while (coffee not withstanding). Iím still figuring out my IPhone. Iím having computer problems too. My PC/DSL has been real slow. I only have the second level available (better than the dial up I had when I moved in). But still it just seemed to get slower and slower. I got a new router & filter but that didnít seem to help. Last night it kept dropping the DSL. When I called ATT I noticed the line was scratchy. After a couple hours on the phone they think itís the outside line. Good news, if it is, there wonít be a charge. Bad news, theyíre not coming until next Wednesday. Good thing I have an IPhone. Iím also hoping this might improve the DSL.

So far in two days Iím down 1.8 with FF. This sounds pretty good until you realize Iím still .80 above last weekís low. Yes I am getting tired of this. Iím reading more and more about Primal. Iím not sure the free stuff will be enough or if I will have to buy the book. The free stuff in very general, but its more of a general vs. specific diet lifestyle, so weíll see.

How are you doing? What kind of lifting are you doing? Did you go back to the gym?
Old 08-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bummer on the dsl...nothing more frustrating than dealing with that stuff. hope it's a simple fix once they get there.

dh was never 'allowed' to play sports in jr/high school. he had to work on the farm instead. dh vowed he would never do that to his sons. but the sports he did play in his younger years, he did great.

what other info are you wondering about re primal? i'm doing well. basically eating ground beef/chicken (altho, not for awhile...need to get some)/a little eggs/protein shakes; all fruits; all veggies; peanut butter; liberal fats.

weights: biceps, triceps, pull downs for lats/arms, a little quad/hamstrings work for toning. yeah, i do this at the little gym just down the street from my shop. just finishing up my 4th week of daily movement. feeling pretty awesome about that. and don't dread any of it! did my 2 mile hilly walk this am at 6am as the heat/humidity have been horrendous the last week and a half so getting it done in the morning. i will do a short walk this evening too. i am also going to start doing brief sprints up hill a couple times a week on my non lifting days. have you read the primal fitness suggestions?

my routine at a glance:

M-W-F : lift, two short walks in morning and evening

T-Th: hilly, 2mile walk and a short walk

Sat/Sun: 2mile walk one or both days once a day plus a short walk

Sprints on Tues/Sat

sounds/looks more complicated than it is. lol...

what's your movement routine?
Old 08-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Right now all I'm really doing are the 20-30 minute powerwalks are work. My knees were starting to ache so I stopped the lift/squat routines. I haven't gotten into the Primal exercise suggestions yet, but I have it printed. I'm going to start my Pilates again. I really like that.

Do you have the book? I'm wondering about what he considers "approved" in the dairy dept. Also does he restrict high glycemic fruit and veggies like bananas and potatoes? I know he's against legumes, soy and grains.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

no, no book here. just reading on the board.

only dairy i do is cream in coffee, butter, and cheese occasionally, occasionally greek yogurt.

from the reading i've done, they talk about all fruits on the forums. and potatoes, carrots, sweet potato, even rice some, too. have you perused the 'primal blueprint nutrition' forum? that's where i've picked up on what others do.

edited: check out, under 'start here'... 'what to eat: primal blueprint recipes' gives you an idea of what they use.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 08-29-2013 at 11:38 AM..
Old 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh cool. I printed that too, but haven't looked at it yet. I'll check that out tonight. Thanks!

Since I won't have very good access to internet this weekend, I might pick up the book. DH was reading some of what I printed last weekend and has actually asked about it. There again I may just check it out at the book store and look up what I haven't figured out yet and be good.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, so I bought the book I started looking up my questions and it was just laid out so well, easy to follow, explanatory but succinct. Plus with DH interested this will be much easier for him. Heís more of a jumper then a cover to cover guy. SoÖÖÖÖÖ if you have any questions let me know and Iíll look them up for you.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh cool! I'm glad you were able to get a more detailed layout.

was it $$?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
Oh cool! I'm glad you were able to get a more detailed layout.

was it $$?
Not bad $20 for a good size paperback.

ATT showed up unexectedly today and fixed my internet It doesn't seem to run any faster, but at least I'm connected.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #557
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woohoo for att!!

we live 8 miles from town. we do have DSL but not the fastest they offer. we can't get the fastest out here in the boondocks. lol. but can get fast enough for netflix. within the next year i think it is we will get fiber optics. even out here!

book price wasn't too bad at all. let me know if you read anything super profound.

any luck on the fufbaby search?
Old 08-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah I live in town, but a small town on the outskirts. It cracks us up when people ask why weíre going to drive ďclear across townĒ to the big grocery store, when itís five miles away.

Well happy Friday my friend! What are the plans for the weekend?

We havenít searched much more for a furbaby lately. Who knows for the long weekend? I think this is Pet Smart adoption weekend too.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

no plans here. but that's fine. most times i like not having stuff planned. my hermit-y nature. lol.

how about you, did you have plans for the weekend? read in your book yet?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Iíve been reading Primal and have gotten very excited about it. I find it hard to believe that LC with fruit and no counting will work, but Iím going to totally give it a try. Without throwing out food Iím converting to organic, no additive, whole foods, I even made my own mayo. Thatís hard!!!! Iím going to completely eliminate grains and legumes. Iím going to start the slow burn by the book and continue with the power walks at lunch and try to fit in some Pilates here and there. I think Iíll keep the weigh ins to Fridays and see how that goes.

We didnít do much this weekend. Went for one of your road trips yesterday to Mt Shasta. It was really beautiful up there. How was your weekend?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awesome plan!!

for me it's seems slower going, but it's doable and i feel no deprivation or diet fatigue. which helps me stay motivated to stick with it.

so i weighed and measured again today. last time was the 28th. weight was up 0.4 and bf% up 0.6% i don't really understand that as the mirror shows smaller. i am beginning my 2nd month of really sticking to the exercise, meaning movement everyday. i know with time it'll only get better.

weekend was good. low key. had supper with friends last night other than that, just weekend.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep right now I need to get away from the deprivation and diet fatigue. I don't want to chuck it by any means, I just need a severity break.

The minor changes you're seeing they could be completely skewed by a fluctuation. I would go with how you feel as your final assessment.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Bud, Happy Friday!
Well Iím considering today the official start to Primal, although Iíve been stocking up, prepping and eating this way for a couple days. Good news is Iím at my base line weight or a pound or so less then Iíve been all year, which is also the bad news.

How are you doing?
Old 09-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhh, I'm sorry...just now seeing your post.

Woohoo, on the offical start to primal....it's what, about day two....how's it going?

I'm good. wondering if my adrenal is sluggish...I just don't feel like things are shrinking like they were, and my diet is cleaner than it has ever been. Am back to taking relacore. Another thing I'm wondering is if I'm, gasp, not high enough on the calories with all the exercise so am trying to be more aware of things that way. I loosely added up cals yesterday and it was like 1000-1100 I think it was. But didn't feel hungry at all on that.

Yesterday morning I did sprints as described on MDA. I'm going to have to do those without Riley. She loves it when I take off sprinting, but pulls a bit too much doing that.

was so happy for ky. He got to play the last 7-8 minutes of the game Friday, which is quite awhile in football!. Fun to watch him although I don't feel as engaged bc I don't know football as well. And it's hard to follow where he goes when they all pile on each other...lol.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Bud!
I'm thinking very likely you're not eating near enough calories. That's barely more then you ate on HCG. You don't want to get stuck in starvation mode.

Woo Hoo for Kyle. I know what you mean; I have a heck of a time following football. When my son played I spent the whole time going back in forth, Where's Mike?, Where's the ball?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lol, exactly! i feel like i'm always behind and it's quite frustrating. i want to watch him but can't ever find him!

yeah, i'm trying to step it up calorie wise. never thought i'd have that problem!!

how you doing?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had an unfocused weekend. Not horrible just not good and I feel very puffy today. Of course it's also the end of HH week. So I'm starting the week Primalish FF (just pretty much taking a break from fruit for a couple days, limiting protein and upping fats) but keeping the other requirements for organic and no additives, etc. in place.

I did not weigh in. I've broken the addiction (at least for the time being ) and just that is getting the day off to a much better start. I will weigh in on Fridays, so maybe not completely broken.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, i've pretty much given up on the scale. especially with lots of exercise. it's not wirth the headache. especially if smaller clothes are fitting, who cares what the scale says.

BUT...this morning i weighed only so i could check my bf.

from the first time i weighed, weight is up 1.6 and bf is up .8% from my low, but only up .4% from my initial. now, i'm not going to get all bummed and give up and go back to eating whatever and not exercising...but i am wondering why the increase in bf? don't care about the scale, but the bf number leaves me am i losing muscle and therefor my bf % goes up? i am eating better than i ever have. this kind of is what makes wonder if i'm not eating enough. body holding onto everything? i have asked on MDA, but haven't gotten too many responses yet.

there's no other option than to keep on keeping on. but am curious, ya know?

FF loves you...you'll do great!!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Those BF calculations are only so reliable (other than the expensive water emersion one) Depending on how you're doing it; weight vs. measurement for instance could totally reflect water weight, plus or minus, or could depend on where exactly you hold the tape. I think you're right on just going by clothing fit. That's the whole goal. The other stuff is really just meaningless tracking tools.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it's a handheld body fat measure thing...the bioelectrical impedence type test. i'm only looking at the trend of up and down.

i know that real measures of progress is the mirror and clothes. i need to leave it alone or only do it once a month or something, which is what i plan on doing.