Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
That sounds like a great weekend! With you being the only ones not drinking I bet you're the only one that looks younger at the reunion.

Happy Anniversary! for Kyle!

Well this carb cycling seems to exemplify the two day effect. Of course I'm not doing it right. Instead of adding good carbs, I'm adding ice cream and chips I did order a book I found used for $1.99. Not just for that reason but it was the plan I'm most interested in. It should be here today. Anyway the way my week went: Sunday-Thurs FF 1280-1685 calories 82-84% - Down 4.2, First day of cycling - Down .50, Second day of cycling - Up 2.5, First day back on FF 1180/84% - Up 1.2 I did work all day prepping the carpet to be shampooed, scrubbing spots and went to bed sore, but really? So another FF today and weíll look for that two day effect tomorrow.

Big, BIG prayers for Noah this week. What a little trouper that one is!

Hope you have a great day. I'm shampooing and gardening today.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #512
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Dazy, just popping in to tell you that I'm really liking this hcg1234. I don't know if it's the high fat diet I'm doing now or the drops, but I have little appetite--VERY rare for me!

Thanks!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Bud!

How’s it going? Is Kyle still playing? How did the princess do at bible camp?
Have you picked her up yet? Most importantly, how was Noah's appointment???

Well I researched the heck out of the two day diets. After considering the reviews from people with backgrounds similar to mine and the results with stats also similar to mine, I decided on the plan that made the most sense to me. It’s actually two, two day diets a week; Monday and Tuesday and Thursday and Friday. So I bought the book. It turned out to be a whole lot more low calorie and low fat on “on” days and higher carb then I expected. It’s actually a little reminiscent of HCG protocol, and reminded me a lot or your roguish ways. On days are 600-900 calories with more protein and dairy, an egg or cottage cheese for breakfast and 4-6 oz (cooked) meat with lunch and dinner. Add a veggie and fruit or maybe a small grain and that is pretty much it. The off days are about 1200 calories with an additional “healthy type” carb and two cravers. Cravers are supposed to be the reward to keep you from feeling deprived and quitting. They range from alcoholic beverage, small brownie, popcorn, Ĺ candy bar, butter, regular dressing, etc. There are also a few unlimited items like greens, cukes, radishes, pickles, SF jello and seasonings. The best part though is no counting or tracking. You simply pick an item from one of three or four lists and off you go. Of course there is no ban on mixing, or lotion issues. I’m going to give it a shot starting tomorrow. I’m going to go ahead and use my HCG1234 drops and see how it goes. If you’ll remember, I actually tried alternating in a similar, unstructured way with HCG before with some pretty good success early on.

Last edited by TerriMM; 06-30-2013 at 08:16 PM..
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
good morning, buddy!! good to hear from you!

yes, kyle is still playing. next game is tuesday. JV gets done july 10...no tournaments for JV, they're just done that day. but since he suits for varsity, he'll go to the varsity tournaments which don't get over till aug 3!! then he says football starts in right after that.

Ella loved camp! and is excited to go back next year! picked her up on saturday morning.

noah's appt was perfect! MRI looked perfect, blood work was perfect. so thankful!

we had company this weekend. my childhood friend and her family stayed friday-sun. she and i have been close since we were in 4th grade. she moved away after 6th grade. but something was formed in those 2 short years that has kept up bonded for the last 30 years. we were born on the same day, same year....soul sisters, we are. they only live 2 hrs away so getting together is not impossible. she and i meet in the city for lunch that i have a big salon account when i delver orders there.

so glad you have a plan that you feel is doable and agreeable to you. feels good to have a plan, i know. do you start today or have you already started?

i'm still just maintaining....haven't had the urge to start my other bottle of drops just yet. i really think walking has helped to offset indulgences, don't know if maybe my metabolism has kicked up a little or what. i know i can't go whole hog like this weekend all the time, but i don't feel too much damage has been done and wonder if it's from the walking? either way, am feeling good, so am happy about that. will get back to reasonable-ness today.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wonderful news about Noah!!!

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend your way.

Yep I'm starting today. A little taken back by the number on the scale this morning. I don't know why whenever I'm finally going to get something going do I feel the need to add just a little more to it.

So Happy you're in a good space. I'll bet you're right about the walking
Old 07-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning, bud!

so how have your first couple of days gone? i hope fabulous!

same ol', same ol' here. no plans for the 4th. kyle's football team is going to ride on a firetruck for the parade. so we'll go to that. not sure what after that. friday i'm going to MN to fetch my sister and three kiddos and bring them back to IA. she doesn't want to travel with all three kids by herself yet. i'll leave my car up there and her hubby will come get them in a couple weeks. will be great to have them here for awhile!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds like a lovely summer treat! So Kyle is currently baseball and football? Sounds like my Dad. The only reason he's only playing on two softball leagues this year is the over eighties didn't have enough players Oh well gives him more time to ride his bike.

Going well here. Two down days, down 3#. Eating Cheese Toast and Fruit for breakfast, Meat & Veggies for lunch and Meat, Veggies and Fruit for dinner. Today is my first up day. Peanut butter toast and fruit for breakfast. Pasta, chicken, veggies and fruit for lunch and shrimp stir-fry & fruit for dinner and I still have room for my two "cravers".

Hope you have a great forth!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds like you're on a roll!!

no, he doesn't start football till aug 5th. coach just wanted them to ride on the firetrucks.

ella's gonna cartwheel down the road with her gymnastics team.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
sounds like you're on a roll!!

no, he doesn't start football till aug 5th. coach just wanted them to ride on the firetrucks.

ella's gonna cartwheel down the road with her gymnastics team.
You guys are just the picture of America!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Bud!
How was your week?

I'm still playing with the two day. This week I did M&E on on days and low carb on off. I had Chinese on my off day, so even though it was low carb I got a huge bump out of it. So I'm only down 1.9 since Monday, but 4.10 since the Monday before. Nothing to shout about, but happy enough with the allowance for cycling to accommodate life.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey bud! so good to hear from you!

sorry i have seemingly dropped off the face of the earth. my sister is here from MN (since the 6th). have spent every day with her taking kids to parks, pools, etc. have loved all the time with her. she is here till the 21st.

sounds like you're woe is treating you well.

with sister in town, i feel like all i have done is eat! i think i am up some, but it's not *horrible* trying to eat lighter when we don't have much going on with her. trying to walk as often as i can minimum of one time a day but if i am home in the evenings i always walk twice. today will get a third one in tho.

i'm thinking about starting my drops again either after sister leaves or when kids go to school. haven't decided yet.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey bud....how you doing?

so sorry i haven't been too talkative, i'm not being a very good buddy.

my sister is back in MN...what a busy two weeks while she was here! loved all the time we spent together.

i really need to reign in the eating. still haven't decided about when to start my drops again. the last big thing we have planned that i can think of is going on weekend micro-mini vacay for a couple nights to des moines to adventure land (local amusement park) and then a trampoline park called skyzone with our friends we had over a few weeks ago. don't really want to be doing drops then. so maybe *after that* i'll be raring to get back at it. b/c then the kids will be at school and it should be a lot easier.

anyway, hope you are well.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Buddy Girl,
Welcome back! So glad your time with Sis went well.

Iíve just been sputtering along getting nowhere fast. Lost about 2.4# in total this month. Iím going on a mini vaca too Aug 2-6. Weíre visiting Zion National park in Utah and friends in Nevada. Iím hoping to lose another 5# before then with a combination of M&E and FF. I gave up trying to cycle carbs at least for the time being. I just couldnít seem to control it and I was hungry all the time. Iím considering trying Dukan when I get back. Have you ever tried that?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

no, haven't tried dukan. other than hcg, i tend to avoid things with too strict of rules...they feel too restrictive to me and that leads to overcompensating. kwim? lc worked well for me for a long time b/c there was lots of good food, i just didn't lose with it.

your vacay sounds fun. best of luck getting down where you want before you go.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah I think that overcompensating thing has been my nemesis this year. I keep thinking maybe I should just try Protein Power again. I lost 25# on it years ago. But I was heavier and younger then. I keep thinking it won't work as well now, but I guess I won't know if I don't try it. I couldnít seem to get anywhere prior to HCG with it, but there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then.

What are you going to do with your drops when you get back?
Old 07-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'll probably do what i did before. just do my best at keeping cals 600-800 with no restriction on where those cals come from. in the meantime i'm thinking of seeing what doing smart ones meals does for me.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That did so well for you before, sounds like a good plan.

Funny on the two day diet I tried. On my off days I was allowed Smart Ones for lunch and dinner with an extra fruit and veggie.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, bud...i think i finally got my wits about me now. have been sticking to low carb pretty well, no tracking or counting. allowing all fruits and veggies, meat and fat. may try and allow some carby things (doguhbut on sunday mornings ), but if it causes a downward spiral of going back to eating whatever, i will stop. i'm hoping to fin find a balance of 80/20 -- 80% of the time eating LC, 20% of the time allowing some more overt carby things.

also, am moving everyday...m, w, f i do a shorter walk with riley twice a day and lift moderately heavy, main focus is upper body...i do some leg stuff mostly for toning, i don't want beefy(-ier) legs, kwim? then on tues-thur-sat/sun i do a longer, much hillier walk.

since starting, my tummy has deflated...lol...and i feel good. i didn't necessarily fell 'bad' eating the crap, just didn't like the visual effects it left me with.

still keeping the drops in my back pocket for future if needed.

hope you are well.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Buddy Girl!!
Iíve been thinking about you a lot lately. I figured the summer would be winding down and Iíd be hearing from you soon. We just got back from an awesome vacation in Utah, Nevada and California coast.

Sounds like youíve got a real livable plan going now. And feeling good in our skin is what itís all about.

Iím thinking of trying a modified Dukan plan. Basically eating a low to moderate fat Meat & Egg Monday-Thursday and Protein &Veggies (with a little fruit) Friday-Sunday. Iím also going back to my light lifting and power walking. Iíve been looking for something that I can stick with long enough to accumulate the losses rather than bouncing back at forth. I also considered just going back to WW counting points, which I will do if all else fails because you can eat anything as long as you count the points, but you have to count and weigh everything and gets a bit obsessive. And yes, I still have drops and pellets in my back pocket too.

Are the kiddies back in school yet? A lot of schools started back here this week. So much earlier than it used to be. I guess thatís to accommodate 3 week Christmas and 2 week Easter holidays.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds like a good plan to me.

wow! 3 states in one vacay?? that sounds amazing.

our micro mini vacay i mentioned is this coming weekend...i had mentioned it was this past, but got the dates wrong. will loosen up eating a little, then back at it.

kids start school this thurs. they are aall ready. summer gets boring for them. will have two in high school this year

mr kyle is 14 today!

we just got home a bit ago from getting his learners driving permit. yikes!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kyle

Wow Driving
Old 08-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah...two driving now. oy! Jesus take the wheel!

meant to say too, thanks for thinking of me... means a lot.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buddies are Buddies
Old 08-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

how was your weekend, bud?

we had a good weekend with our friends. always nice to spend time with them.

it was miss riley's first time at the doggie hotel. she did great!

i allowed all the fun eating of spending time with friends. a bit bloated and puffy, but it's getting better. has been super easy to get right back to better eating, so am thankful for that.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Bud!
Sounds a bit like our weekend last weekend. We got ourselves back on the road to sanity last week and this week we are on track. DH started HCG. I resisted joining him as I had a plan ready to start today. Iím doing kind of a Dukan/M&E/alternate day plan. You know me, I canít keep it simple. So Iím doing a lowish fat M&E, only eating just enough with just enough fat to keep me happy Monday through Thursday. Friday through Sunday I will add low glycemic veggies and maybe some low glycemic fruit. Rinse & repeat. Iím going to do my light lifting, Pilates and power walks.
Iím planning on going to goal rather than a time duration. If I need a jump start in the middle I may throw in a FF, but weíll see.

I was back online looking at doggies last night, still leaning towards labs. DH and I have agreed though, itís the personality of the individual that will determine our choice. I think we might go check out some shelters about 100 miles away that weíve consistently seen doggies that interest us. The local ones are pretty small and donít really get doggies that we want for our family. Iím going to be keeping my eyes open for Pet Smart adoption days. I donít mind giving our information to the people if we have met our new fur family member and wish to adopt. But sending it all over the country to who know who for the opportunity just to meet them, not so much. Not to mention, the last people we talked to wanted to come and inspect our house to approve us. Maybe I just donít get the new way of things, but itís not my way.

So are you still doing your 80/20 plan? Or returning to as the case may be.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is so awesome!!!! I'll bet that means a lot to Noah!

After my mom passed I traded letters and notes with her BFF & maid of honor. It was very special. I think it would have pleased mom very much to know. I hope she did.

Yes I have checked out that one. I like it! I love the way it tells you to sit & stay while it fetches your new buddy.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lol...yeah that is cute, regarding the pet site.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday Bud!

Well I started my new plan Monday, August 19th. After 4 days of M&E moderate to low fat Iím down 3.5#. Today, Friday-Sunday I am going to add low glycemic veggies and maybe a touch of fruit. Monday I will hit the M&E trail again.

One thing I learned is I donít need as much food as I thought, so next week will be smaller portions (but not restricted). And I seem to do better both with results and head hunger wise with more fat, so next week will also be more moderate fat.

DH is down 5.5# after four days of rogue HCG, basically just more protein. How did your DH do?

Weíre sticking around the homestead this weekend doing honeydos. What are your plans?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey bud! happy friday to you!

big on a successful start...you did great! your plan sounds totally doable.

that whole 'i don't need as much as i thought...." is where i struggle...i may not NEED xx amount, but it's that danged "WANT to keep eating b/c it TASTES good" that gets me. BUT! i will say that i have not had much desire at all to keep eating which for me is huge.

i'm feeling good. eating is great! haven't felt the need to go to the 20% side yet. which, again, is HUGE! now, we may go out tonight so will see what happens....but overall...no real desire for now.

exercising going great too.

i discovered a name for what i've been doing. google Primal blueprint. in reading what this woe is about i discovered i am doing EVERYTHING that is outlined...right down to the 80/20 thing and even the way i am exercising is EXACTLY what is recommended. i didn't know any of these guidelines before stumbling upon this. so, it's pretty cool. check out mark's daily apple.

hubby is down 8-ish maybe...i don't know a definite total.

the only big thing this weekend is tomorrow evening. i don't know if you listen to Christian radio stations or not, but if you care to, look up a guy named Jason Gray. our church is bringing him for a concert. this is pretty huge for our little town to have such a big name come to town. pretty excited!!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow youíre so right that is you. (smarty-pants) I also find the concept very intriguing to say the least and very much the direction Iím interested in. I have heard of Primal before but I thought it was way more extreme (only eat what cavemen ate, when they ate it) and less simple. I subscribed to his site and Iíll do so reading on it. Sounds like you have a real sweet spot going right now! Have you lost some, or mostly maintained joyfully?

We listen to Christian Stations on Pandora, so Iíve probably heard him. Iíll punch him up this weekend and take a listen. Have a terrific weekend!!