Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Wow, that just doesnít make sense. At least the most important things (the way you look and feel) are definitely moving the positive direction. Makes me very glad I decided to wait until next Saturday to weigh in. Honestly I donít really care about the scale either at this point. Itís in the decent range and really I just want back in some of my smaller sizes. The toning is really my focus too. The Aerobic Breathing Iím doing specifically mentions that significant body changes will occur with sometimes very little scale change, so I made it a point to measure before I started. And I believe Iím making progress.
Iíll bet all your walking is paying off, Iím glad you appreciate for what it is.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Buddy Girl,
Howís it going? Are you still doing your drops? How was your week?

Here's the results of my experiment:
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri -M&E or FF
Wed, Sat, Sun Normal eating with some carbs.
Six days wk - Body Flex
Three-Fours day wk - 15 min lift squat routine
Whenever possible power walk

I started Tues 5-14-13 at 139.3 weighed in Saturday at 137. So down 2.3# and 3.75 inches.

I very pleased and will continue next week. Because of the Holiday, Iíll probably do Mon off, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday on and Saturday Sunday off.

Last week the carb monster got released. So far not so bad. Iím not sure if itís because of the results or just the allowance.

Weíre still thinking and considering our fir baby. Funny you say that, we always called Brady a Fir Person. How is Miss Riley doing?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Buddy!
You okay?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
grrrr....for the THIRD attempt at posting... dumb thing...

i am good! sorry to take so long to respond. am at sister's in MN since sunday and just only saw your post last night before bed.

sounds like your plan is going great! congrats!

i am still taking my drops. this is totally doable for the long haul. no hunger, no feelings of deprivation. i have had hungrier day and just eat one higher fat meal and i'm good to go for a few more days of VLC 600-800 calls. the one meal does not cause a set back.

riley is good. hubby says she is doing well with me gone. i love being with my sister, but i will be glad to be home a good long while. SL then MN two weeks later is plenty of running around for this home body.

what kind of fur baby are you looking for?

ok, i think that's all i was tying to type two attempts ago.

so good to hear from you.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh good I was hoping you were just a busy girl!

We're looking for a medium sized, mellow fir baby on the younger side, more houndish then muscle dog. Preferably house broken as we both work. The both working thing keeps us going back and forth on whether it's really fair for us to adapt or not, which is why I don't have one yet.

Hope you have a great time with your sister! Always great to go, even better to get home.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

how you doing bud? did you find the drops? what were thinking if trying?

still going good here. nothing too new report. just wanted to say hey.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Bud,
No luck at Walmart, Target, Costco or Bel Air. I'm going to check at GNC today and if I don't see it I'll just order it.

Right now I'm still doing:
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri -M&E or FF
Wed, Sat, Sun Normal eating with some carbs.
Six days wk - Body Flex
Three-Fours day wk - 15 min lift squat routine
Whenever possible power walk

I'm not sure if I'll continue this and see if the drops just help the overall or try a low cal plan. Next week is my birthday and since DH will be traveling we're going to celebrate this weekend. So I'm just sticking with this for the time being. If I find the drops local I may give them a try ahead of time with my current WOE. What do you think?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it would be interesting to see if the drops help with low cal DDs, but then aren't your DDs low carb instead of low cal? are you still taking RKs?

BIRTHDAY!! how are you gonna celebrate?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes I am doing low carb. I was wondering the same thing. Even though I'm not counting calories a natural lack of appetite couldn't do anything but help right?

I stopped doing the RK because I suspected it was causing heart burn. I tried it again Saturday and it happened again. Do you get heartburn? This is a real bummer because I really thought it helped with my efforts, whatever they were.

I think we're going to celebrate by shopping for much needed work clothes and do dads, lunching out and bar-b-cueing in.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds like it will be a fun relaxing bday.

that's a bummer about the heartburn. i don't get that with them. :/

i'm also taking an adrenal support supp called Relacor Extra that i got at walmart. as i really feel i was suffering with adrenal fatigue, but between my chiro visits (3 x's a week) and the supp, i feel like my body is healing from that. i'm sleeping soooo much better, but am taking still taking a sleeping med...i'm afraid to try without. but overall i feel vastly better!!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay Buddy,
Iím getting my head around this. I tried your ďPsylliĒ Smoothie yesterday, or my version and it did hold me over well. I used a couple oz fat free yogurt instead of the almond milk and my cocoa and cherries of course, but I have strawberries frozen at the ready for next week.

I donít know as I need the adrenal support, but I donít know if I donít or if it wouldnít help. Can you help me think that out?

I tried the RK again today and so far, so good. Iím not sure what the deal with the heartburn is. It might have something to do with the very low carb combo as well.

So I think Iíll only weigh in once a week still. The first week is awesome. But as soon as the weight loss starts slowing, so does my motivation.

Iím also going to keep with the Body Flex and Lift/Squats. Itís all low impact.

What are you doing about WOE? Are you counting calories or anything, or just keeping it low? Thatís my main hurdle at the moment.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sorry...just seeing your post.

since it's simply for support, i think it wouldn't hurt anything to take the adrenal supp. i think it contributes to the appetite suppression.

i don't count anything. just keep cals low and fat lower. have been a bit off yesterday and today, and will a little tomorrow. but not worried. just a small break. still take my drops. missed my supps today tho.

yesterday was noah's 11th birthday. and the day he led the survivor lap at our local relay for life walk. when the lap was over, the MC announced that it was his birthday and all the people there sang happy birthday to him. a local daycare all brought him bday cards and a little bday cake. what a humbling experience. from that event, ella and i headed to st joe, mo (at 8:30 at night ) for her national competition. she had a blast. got 3rd in 3 of her events, 4th in another and placed 3rd overall!! so proud of her. so that's where the off eating comes from...also called living. tomorrow we will celebrate his noah's bday with family.

i made this to put on FB.

one of the luminaries our dear friends bought in honor of noah.

her bff!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a beautiful family you have Lady!

I started drops yesterday and I do feel less likely to just eat and eat already, so that's a good thing. I'm still taking RK, but just one a day, so far no heartburn. I'm going to Walmart today so I'll look for the Relacore.

We had a great day yesterday!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yay! so glad you had a fun day yesterday!

and hope the drops continue to work well for you.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I found the Relacore. I had done some research and decided that it had a lot to offer, not to mention my buddyís endorsement , so planned to give it a try. Pricey! I sent some off with DH who is attempting another round on the road. If the stress relief alone performs, I will be very impressed. And grateful!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh good! I sometimes hesitate to recommend something cuz if it doesn't work for someone else then i'll feel bad. . Yeah a bit pricey...but not as bad as the Rk. mine was $25, s that what yours cost?
Old 06-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maybe a couple bucks more, but about that. But when you consider I got 72 days worth, not so bad.

Speaking of RK, what's your opinion?

Please don't feel that way about recommending something to me. I know, more than anyone YMMV. I'd much rather give something a try that someone I really know and trust has had success with then the "study group". I hope you don't feel that way about RK ?!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

as for the RK, it's hard for me to tell b/c i'm taking the other stuff...i just really think that everything combined seems to be a good combo. kwim? it certainly can't hurt anything.

actually, with the relacore...a dose is 3 tabs in the morning, so a box is 24 days worth.

back at it with being better at lower cal/fat. parts of three days off is plenty. i wasn't off a solid three days, but a meal each day.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you pointed that out. I miss read the ONCE a day formula as ONE a day, tricky.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay move over on the bench Bud. I'm joining you with the low cal today. Menu at this point:
B - 1 egg, 3 T egg beaters, 2 T FF 1/2&1/2 - 130
L - Salami Sandwich - 198
D - Taco Salad - 195
S - Apple (if I need one) - 80

What's your plan for the day?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

plan...what plan? lol...

been struggling with mid-cycle munchies haven't given in too terrible bad, but more than i should. feel like it's on the downhill slope now....hopefully.

just had about a half a cup of coffee with HH early this morning. nothing else yet. going to have an avocado topped with bolthouse chipotle ranch (super yummy!), low cal turkey breast lunch meat w/ light mayo, apple. not sure what cals would be. not really tracking cals. loosely trying to keep them no more than 800.

supper will hopefully just be fat free yogurt with strawberries.

so this is your first low cal day?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That does sound yummy.

I got real hungry mid morning, I think my tummy was in shock I ended up having a Fiber One 90 cal brownie instead of my apple But I'm happy.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

aw i'm sorry you were hungry. :/ hope it's not a trend.

i didn't end up eating the apple. just the avocado and lunch meat.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhhh!!!! I'm such a horrible friend. happy belated birthday, bud! Man do I feel like a heel....

I hope your day was fantastic!

How are your low cal days going? Still struggling a bit. had a bit of an up day. Gotta get back to it, I bought a pair of jeans a size smaller than what I'm wearing right now and want to get in them in two weeks. so not sure why I sabotage myself. :\

Anyway, hope you are well, and again, so sorry for the belated happy birthday....still feel awful about that.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks! Since DH travels in June, we celebrate at different at different times. I tell him my birthday is June At first he balked, now his birthday is "November".

I'm struggling too. Just don't seem to be able to get my Mojo going. I'm actually thinking about trying another FF first of the week. I've gained about 5# over the birthday excesses. The drops and Relacore are working fine, just no Mojo. Of course it's HH week for me too. What was I thinking?
Old 06-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

glad you have enjoyed your birthday celebration.

my drops and everything else are working fine too. it's the head 'hunger' and desire to want to eat anything and everything just because that i'm fighting with and really am quite tired of it.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When I asked you to move over on the bench, I didn't realize it was this bench!!!!

So what are we going to do about this? I keep thinking a different WOE will make it more palatable, but not so far. Any ideas? You know me, Iím game.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i know it. i hate this.

go to the main lobby and read the thread about overeaters/bingers. i could identify with so much in that thread.

for me, it's not the woe. i don't mind what i have been eating, low cal/low fat to lose. i just want bad stuff for no good reason. i'm praying it's hormonal and that it will pass soon.

i'm wondering about just eating lots of fat without any tracking to see if that snaps me out of this desire to eat bad stuff.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah I've gotten to the point where I can FF without tracking for the most part. I also have my online tracker set up to check myself if I want pretty easy. As long as I keep the calories below 1700 I actually lose. And thatís pretty easy to do without tracking as well, as long as I donít go crazy with the whip. When I FF I really don't even think about food. I get tired of it after a while and just want something different. But any of the things I want don't work on any diet, cookies, fries, bread, etc. Now that I've had ALL those things, I think Iím ready to give it another shot. I probably wonít start until Monday when DH is on the road again, because I want to ďreally ď do it, not sort of like Iíve been doing everything else lately. I think Iíll continue with the drops and Relacore. Iím also doing okay with the RK once a day, so Iíll stick with that as well. Yep the more I think about it and line it out, the more I think this is what Iíll do. Besides it gives me an excuse to make your yummy Alfredo again. I shared it with some of the girls on the FF thread and they loved it too.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

makes sense. but my problem with not counting...i can consume a lot of PB, alfraedo, whipping cream, nuts, and other high fat stuffs before feeling full. but i would do it so i could just not think for a bit without causing too much, if any, damage...kwim? but then my other problem is my jeans i want to fit into in two weeks...ugh..what to do....

anyway, something to think about anyway. speaking of eating whatever, i'm off to ella's end of competitive year potluck. lol!!

Last edited by dazygyrl; 06-14-2013 at 03:01 PM..