Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
I'll bet Riley will figure out this is her forever home soon. Looks like her and #1 son are quickly bonding. You made me get on Pet Finders and look around yesterday . I cannot believe how many Pit Bulls are up for adoption. I feel sorry for them. The ones that we've met at the kennels are such sweeties. But DH won't consider it. And since we've had a doggie, an over bread Cocker, that went Wacko, I can't blame him. If a pit went bad that would be disaster.

Well good news, okay news. Looking back on my journals I usually have a little bounce back after a beef day. Today down .20. So not a stellar drop for FF, but stabilizing the BD drop. So all is good. Still .30 from my low Saturday.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
don't forget your two day effect... you'll get back to your low.

so what happens if i'm the only one miss riley will potty for? the kids have taken turns taking her out and she would never go. i take her out right after she had just been out and after a few minutes of walking around she finally pees. this isn't good if this is the case...
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's so nice to have you for a Bud to remind me of those things!

Miss Riley will get into the swing soon. She just bonded with you right away and knows she can trust you. One hint I learned is if you want a dog to bond more with other members of the family, put some articles of their clothing in the bedding so they pick up the smell. You don't have to do it long and I actually put it under the bedding so Brandy didn't get the idea it was okay to sleep on Daddy's clothes. But it really helped because he was traveling so much when I got her she kind of treated him like a visitor when he came home.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You were right, down .50, .20 below last weeks low on Saturday.

That's one of my favorite Avi pictures!
Old 05-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

whoop, whoop!! told you so!!

and thanks!

puppy doing a lot better. whew... took her to get her rabies shot this morning. vet thought her to more like a year+ since she has all her adult teeth. this is good news. also, if she doesn't grow much, then she mostly a year+ as well.

soooo, it's may 2 right??

why did it look like THIS outside this morning?? no school. on may 2. for snow. weird.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I heard about late snow in Iowa this morning and wondered if that meant you. Here I am with tomatoes in the ground.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh you shush!

Old 05-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Buddy Girl,
How's your weekend? Have you got your drops yet?

Okay, so I heard that if you take a planned interruption for 14 or less you can jump back on with no loading and you don't have to do a whole round. Here I am on FF, stalled for the last 3 days; I've been off exactly 14 days so figure "what the heck?" So I started pellets today. I'm sticking with NK for the weekend and will start VLC on Monday. Just took a look at my numbers and so far down 9.9 in 26 days (post load). Believe it or not this has been my best round so far.

Nice Avi!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

howdy, buddy!

weekend going pretty good. ella had her state gymnastics competition this morning. the scoring is way different for this competition. she did great! her team is state champion in her level, level 2!! she got 5th overall. so proud of her.

puppy is adjusting really well. happy about that.

thanks about the avi. ella was with a friend yesterday so us and the 3 boys and kendall's, ahem friend, kayla, that's a girl went shopping for kyle's baseball equipment and some other shopping. we were standing in walmart when my bff from st louis texted me that she was back in st louis (just arrived from visiting her mama & childhood home 3 weeks...she grew up in kenya and hadn't been back there in 15 years) i sent her that picture of us and one of the kids (kayla is her neice ). i hate that you can we were in walmart tho, lol...but loved the picture.

you're doing so fabulous! i know you must feel so good. keep roguing it up, girlfriend!

i have my drops. i think i'll probably end up waiting till i return from SL. i do think i have lost some as i just feel better. with the exercise and my eating has been so much better....have been doing so much better with portions which feels so good. i just don't dwell so much anymore which also feel so good.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 05-05-2013 at 04:45 PM..
Old 05-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

howdy, buddy!

weekend going pretty good. ella had her state gymnastics competition this morning. the scoring is way different for this competition. she did great! her team is state champion in her level, level 2!! she got 5th overall. so proud of her.

puppy is adjusting really well. happy about that.

thanks about the avi. ella was with a friend yesterday so us and the 3 boys and kendall's, ahem friend, kayla, that's a girl went shopping for kyle's baseball equipment and some other shopping. we were standing in walmart when my bff from st louis texted me that she was back in st louis (just arrived from visiting her mama & childhood home 3 weeks...she grew up in kenya and hadn't been back there in 15 years) i sent her that picture of us and one of the kids. i hate that you can we were in walmart tho, lol...but loved the picture.

you're doing so fabulous! i know you must feel so good. keep roguing it up, girlfriend!

i have my drops. i think i'll probably end up waiting till i return from SL. i do think i have lost some as i just feel better. with the exercise and my eating has been so much better....have been doing so much better with portions which feels so good. i just don't dwell so much anymore which also feel so good.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pretty "ahem friend"

I showed DH Riley's picture and he's getting the bug again. Funny how many "Rileys" I came across on Pet Finders.

So today starts VLCD1. Not sure why but I'm up 1.3 today. Stayed NK but probably had a little too many calories. Even though I didn't really load, I guess I'll say I gained 1# loading (difference between Saturday morning to today)

Hope you have a great time in St. Louis! Are you going to use it as your loading days?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bummer on being up. that is strange. but will be off in no time! water weight is what i say it is.

yes, i think i'll start my drops thur when i leave. eat as normal as possible with possibly a few goodies. then on the way home load up good with fat....thinking a jar of PB and a jar of nutella... on the drive and start lcd on monday.

ooo, can't wait to hear if you and hubby find a new furbaby. let me know!!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Bud,
Just wanted to wish you a safe and fun trip
Old 05-13-2013, 05:00 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey buddy! thank you for the note. it was a good trip. relaxing and laid back.

so i started my drops thursday morning. and am ready for lcd today. i came down with a horrible head cold saturday and feel just awful today. wish i could just stay home, but thankfully have orders that need tending to. but am thinking i will have to to take motrin. :/

so very happy! my sister had her third baby last evening at home as planned. so sad i wasn't able to be with her, but she is in a much smaller place and there just wasn't room, so just mom was up there. she was 5 days overdue and she had some uneasy mama intuition yesterday morning and with the midwives they decided to go to the hospital to get an ultrasound. all was perfect. as soon as they were packing up to go home she started to have contractions. in less than 3 hrs from her first contraction at the hospital, they welcomed a beautiful baby BOY into their family!! i'm just so happy for them. they have two precious girls and now a beautiful baby boy! 7# 11oz, no name yet.

how was your weekend?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morniní Bud!
And congratulations Auntie!! So happy things went well. Was it a faith based decision or personal preference to give birth at home? What a lovely way to usher in Motherís Day. Hope you had a good one too. Sorry about your head cold. Not exactly the way youíd like to start your new plan.

I had a very nice weekend. We went to the coast and got a room for the night. We go to North Coast mostly where itís rough and cool. Very foggy and lovely. Left Sunday morning at 57į got back to the valley at 90į. I didnít eat too bad, but not great. Iím doing a two day M&E before I weigh in.

Hope you feel better!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

they had their 2nd daughter at home as well. the *main* reason for a homebirth, for them, is cost, but she also loves the natural and holistic approach that midwives take with labor and delivery.

meet mr Gabriel Isaac

i felt pretty yucky earlier...i took some motrin and slowly starting to feel some better, but may still go and lay on the couch while i have cream cooling.

your weekend sounds awesome! can never go wrong with a getaway with hubby.

hope youre M/E days are fabulous for you!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a sweet baby boy! But he does look none to happy to be out

Hope you're feeling better, how are the drops going?
Old 05-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning! i can't wait to see him. ella and i are going up there (minneapolis) on the 26th! she gets to skip the last day of school (now the 28th). i had already planned to go up there the 26th and then we and that dumb snow day on the 2nd so that pushed there their last day of school back to the 28th instead of the 24th. but, daddy says she can skip.

cold wise, i'm feeling stupid stuffy nose is so annoying, but am thankfully feeling better.

drop wise, i'm feeling amazing! i'm also taking RK and i found something at walmart called Relacore extra. the box says 'relacore is a non-sedating mood enhancer that is specifically formulated to help minimize the negative aspects of stress and reduce belly fat" you can google it for more info, but i think it's for adrenal support thru dieting mainly. hunger is practically non-existent. better than any other time i have tried to do hcg. something else i think that is helping is i am taking psyllium husk in a smoothie everyday. mostly b/c it helps with bernice...for some reason over the last while (years) i have developed super loose bernice and the psyllium has really helped with that, but also, it does wonders for keeping feeling full forever. today is only day 3 and am hoping the trend continues. the first day i wasn't hungry for lunch till 4pm and never did get hungry for supper. yesterday i ate lunch at 3 i think and then had supper at 8:30. i am walking with new puppy twice a day too, and feel soooo good! i am getting tired of the smoothie with the psyllium in it...odd texture. it's k, but think i could get really tired of it. i found some psyllium capsules to take too. so in addition to my morning smoothie yesterday i took the capsules before eating lunch for bulking. worked great!

i haven't weighed since the day or day before i went to st louis. may give it a week before weighing, we'll see. definitely feel less fluffy.

how are you doing? what's your plan these days? still M/E?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not sure what my direction is food wise. Currently I'm low carb with shades of FF, NK & M&E without a whole lot of anything concrete. I've been checking out these 2 day diets from England that are put out by this cancer center. One is any two days in a row per week very low carb and 5 days of Mediterranean. The other is two days on, one day off, two days on, two days off. I think it's more low carb but it says you don't have to give up any foods you love (at least on up days) It also says itís the best mix of Set Point Diet and Rotation Diet. I always had good results with Rotation. It is not VLC on ďonĒ days like JUDDD or 5:2. But I don't know yet. I think I might try my own version for now like Monday-Tuesday M&E, Wednesday Low Carbish, Thursday-Friday M&E, Saturday-Sunday Low Carbish. Today I had a chocolate strawberry smoothie for breakfast, I had typical low carb leftovers for lunch, but Iím going to a workmanís comp training where they are supposed to have refreshments (usually not low carb) and then dinner is going to be chicken Caesar.

I am planning to get back to lifting, I actually started Monday while previewing Greer Childers Body Flex program which is all about deep breathing and stretching. I started that is morning and feel bright and alert.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

those two day things sound interesting. i think i may try a version of juddd where you only fast 2 days a week for maintenance.

how you doing today?

still good here. hunger slightly more there, but not debilitating or annoying at all.

vidoe chatted with sister today and got to gaze at baby.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Bud!
I’m doing well. I’ve been doing a lot of reading on these two day plans and have been particularly interested in the low carb ones. This is the info on the main one:
By Linda Carroll
Dieters who can’t stomach the idea of going hungry seven days a week just got good news: You might be able to drop more weight if you cut back on carbs just two days a week.
British researchers found that women who essentially gave up carbs for two days and ate normally the rest of the time dropped about 9 pounds on average, as compared to the 5 pounds lost by women who cut back to around 1,500 calories every day, according to a report presented at the CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
“We came up with the idea of an intermittent low-carb diet because it enables people to still have foods that are very satiating,” said the study’s lead author Michelle Harvie, a research dietician at the Genesis Prevention Center at the University Hospital in South Manchester, England. “Also, there’s a lot of evidence from other studies showing that restricting carbohydrates has the same effect as restricting energy.”
Harvie and her colleagues were spurred to find a diet that would be easier for women to follow because research has shown that obesity and the changes it causes in the body increase the risk for breast cancer. “We know from our research in animal models that losing weight has the potential for reducing breast cancer risk,” Harvie said.
Dieters who can’t stomach the idea of going hungry seven days a week just got good news: You might be able to drop more weight if you cut back on carbs just two days a week.
British researchers found that women who essentially gave up carbs for two days and ate normally the rest of the time dropped about 9 pounds on average, as compared to the 5 pounds lost by women who cut back to around 1,500 calories every day, according to a report presented at the CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
“We came up with the idea of an intermittent low-carb diet because it enables people to still have foods that are very satiating,” said the study’s lead author Michelle Harvie, a research dietician at the Genesis Prevention Center at the University Hospital in South Manchester, England. “Also, there’s a lot of evidence from other studies showing that restricting carbohydrates has the same effect as restricting energy.”
Harvie and her colleagues were spurred to find a diet that would be easier for women to follow because research has shown that obesity and the changes it causes in the body increase the risk for breast cancer. “We know from our research in animal models that losing weight has the potential for reducing breast cancer risk,” Harvie said.
The researchers followed 88 women for four months. All the women were at high risk for breast cancer based on their family histories.
One third of the women were put on a Mediterranean-type diet that restricted calories to about 1,500 per day. A second group was told to eat normally most of the time, but two days a week to cut carbs and also calories to about 650 on those two days. The third group was also to cut carbs two days a week, but there was no calorie restriction on those days.
At the end of four weeks women in both of the intermittent dieting groups had lost more weight — about 9 pounds — than the women who ate low calorie meals every day of the week — about 5 pounds.
Women in the intermittent dieting groups also had better improvement than daily dieters in the levels of hormones — insulin and leptin — that have been linked with breast cancer risk, Harvie said.
And, yes, this is something you can try at home, Harvie said. You just need to dramatically cut back carbohydrates two days a week and try to eat sensibly the rest of the time, she added.
What that means, Harvie said, is that you can eat protein and healthy fats on the two low carb days, but skip bread, pasta, root vegetables like potatoes, carrots and parsnips to get to the 50g limit. The diet allows for one piece of fruit on the low carb days. Other foods on the menu include: nuts and green, leafy vegetables, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, eggplant and cauliflower.
There is another plan I read about that is two days on very low carb, (Monday, Tuesday) one day off eating normally (Wednesday) two days on (Thursday, Friday) and two days off (Saturday, Sunday). This just sounds to doable not to try, and since I’ve been low carb I didn’t quite think the two day plan would be enough to shake things up for me. I started M&E Monday, so I just made it this plan instead. I'm only going to weigh in weekly on Saturdays. I'm going to give it until next Saturday so I have a week plus under my belt before my first weigh in though.

I’m also getting back to my light lift/squat routine for 15-30 minutes three to four times a week and the Greer Childers Body Flex breathing/stretch routine Mon-Fri.

Last edited by TerriMM; 05-16-2013 at 02:54 PM..
Old 05-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Are you weighing daily or weekly? What ya eatin'?
Old 05-17-2013, 04:57 AM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, lots of info! thank you!

i haven't been moved to weigh yet. lol... am thinking i may weigh monday morning...that'll make 1 week. inches wise, i'm feeling good, definitely have lost some, especially in my tummy. my legs still feel bulky, but i am doing quite a bid of walking with doggy. hoping to get some toning from that...don't want bulky legs...lol! i guess, too, i'm afraid to weigh with exercising as i know it could impact the scale. don't want to risk being disappointed thinking i lost more than i really did. but i know i need to take the mirror and fit of clothes into account more than the scale.

food...basically just low fat, low cal, 500-800 cal although i haven't actually logged anything. fat free greek yogurt, lean meat, veggies, very occasional grain (just had my first yesterday, 70 cal worth), my psyllium fiber/strawberry/protein smoothies (they definitely keep my feeling fuller than just taking the psyllium husk capsules....
Old 05-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds great! With all our experience itís almost auto-pilot. Thatís the reason Iím not weighing in daily and measuring as well. Itís so easy to get discouraged when youíre working so hard and doing all the right things. Honestly Iím kind of over the scale. I just want to be comfortable in my size fours again. Iím also focusing on be more toned (less scrawny looking) then I was last time I was there. So how is Miss Riley doing? Settling in well?
Old 05-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah the scale lies, I know.

meant to ask, I can do an interruption after 14 days correct?

going to see sister the 26th so will have been 14 days. I could probably stay on it as she has radically changed her diet...gf, sugar free...meat and veggies and fruit. so i thnk i would be fine. she only gained 16 lbs with her pg and was back to pre- pregnant weight on day three!! she did so fabulous with all that!!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! That's incredible!! Good for her.

I've heard the 14 day thing, not sure where it came from. The most successful Iíve heard anyone doing it was Nicole. She acted just like an end of round with two days P2 off HCG, went to P3, started taking HCG two days before starting back on P2 without loading and did real well. Me I just seem to lose focus.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, i may just punt and stay on and decide when i get there. i can't help but think these drops are different from other homeopathics as it says there is no actual hcg...so i may just decide once i get there and see how the food selections go. one thing i did notice in st louis was that while i was taking the drops and eating normally, i was much less hungry and while i did eat more often and outside the bounds of hunger, when i did eat, i couldn't eat as much as i know i can. so maybe it won't hurt to cont taking them.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's cool. Maybe I'll think about those.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i forgot you asked about riley. she's doing great. we have a pretty good routine, so that helps a lot.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy monday, buddy!! hope you had a great weekend!

so i weighed for the first time. and clearly, either i have gained muscle or something as my mirror and clothes do NOT match the scale AT ALL. i feel so much better and less fluffy with definite inch loss and the stupid devil's platform says i am down a WHOLE POUND since i weighed when i started taking the drops. i don't get it, but i'm not even bothered by it, b/c i know the mirror and my clothes tell a much bigger tale than the scale. but i was definitely

still feeling great!

what's new with you?