Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Ouch! You mentioned that natural cures don't work, I assume you meant sleep aids. What about looking into adrenal support. I'll bet you're right about this treatment heading you in that direction, I just wonder what we might be able to dig up to help that along?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i do have some natural adrenal support supps....i will start taking them again...i'm not very good at taking things every day.

last night i only took half of what i have been taking of ativan and slept pretty decent. so i am glad about that.

hope your scale is kind this morning.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's a good idea. Maybe you can train your body slowly.

Only down .10 today. But I had a taco salad minus the carbs for dinner last night, so I guess I can't complain.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay Buddy, you knew it would happen sooner or later I started FF today. I instantly feel so much better, satisfied, not hungry, energetic, and happy.

How you feeling today?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you body loves fat, chickadee!!

i've felt meh today....had a nagging headache and took 4 ibuprofen at 4-ish and never really went away. i wonder if it's b/c i suck at drinking water these days!! as in, bad... i know i should drink more. sigh....

on a sad note... ... i feel so bad for kendall (ds1). we have to put our dog down tomorrow. we got him for kendall for his birthday in '04 so he's always kinda been kendall's dog. in the last couple months, he has taken to killing the neighbors chickens. we have never had to keep him tied up, so to resort to that now, 8 yrs later...just isn't gonna work. he just barks the whole time he is tied up. we just have to get it done...he's killed 5 in the last week or more. you just can't cure that in a dog. soooo, it's gotta get done.

ok, that's all the whining and sad stuff....

glad the ff has you feeling better.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sorry, that's a tough one. I've always heard that once dog gets a taste for killing chickens, there's no way to stop them. I imagine your headache had something to do with the stress of it.

Yep water could very likely be a culprit. How come you're not taking care of you? You're going to let my best bud get sick this way. That's not like you. What can I do to help?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i know i need to drink more...i wish i craved water, but i simply don't and haev to be intentional about drinking it. will def work on it!!

aaaaand! dh and i are doing a new workout video. it's part of the program my chiro now uses as a guideline of care or whatever you want to call it.... look up maximized living. that's what his new full spectrum of care is called. the dvd's are called max T3. they are 12 min and you do one a day. but i am starting with just 3 times a week. this morning was my first time...upper body. then there is lower body, and core...each one just 12 minutes. it was ok. i hate the weak, shakey feeling i have after working out. maybe someday it will actually feel good.

how'd your FF day treat you?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not real happy today. Up 1.5 Kind of a perfect storm. Although I had a perfect food day, I switched from cranberry water (which is a flusher) to regular water, I'm at the tail end of HH week, and I worked out last night after not working out for couple weeks.

Your exercise program sounds interesting. Those short segments make it easy to fit in. I would think that rather than getting used to the shaky feeling, you would actually lose the shaky feeling as your body gets used to it. I would hope anyway
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

aw man...i'm sorry about your bump up...does sound like a perfect storm tho with all you mentioned....any of those could have contributed...but you KNOW it's water...so, don't let it get you too down.

i, too, hope i begin to enjoy the workouts. :/
Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think we both need a hug today. Here's yours.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

right back at ya!! thank you...
Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

howdy-doody, bud! how was your weekend. do anything fun?

mine was low key...just the way i like it. i can be such a hermit sometimes.

sooooo, hubby went to dr for a BP checkup. i went with. after he was done with hubby, hubby told him my issues. i said i had gotten myself in a pickle and then slapped my now empty bottle of ativan on the counter. i think i scared him. he just kind of sat there speechless for a few minutes and kept saying, that's nasty stuff (um, i know that's why i'm talking to you about this ), in between explaining what all's been going on. soooo, after discussion and what not, he wrote me a Rx for trazadone. it's a psych drug that docs use for sleep issues b/c of the side effect of sleepiness. my mom uses it and says it really helps her. soooo we'll see how it goes tonight. oh, and btw...he said hubby looks perfect.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 04-22-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Iím glad your doc cares enough not to write you a scrip that might be bad for you. You donít want to get in a bind like Cheryl did. Big they do the trick for you!

I know what you mean; I can be a real hermit too. Sometimes I feel like a might be offensive because of it.

We didnít do a whole lot, mostly day dreamed about what to do in the yard. Went to a few nurseries. Picked up my tomatoes and a few flowers but thatís about it. I gained back what I lost Saturday and Sunday, but still below Friday and back to FF today. Stopped pellets Friday.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a great relaxing weekend.

did my second 12 min of max t3...lower body. It was much easier than upper body. I did the upper on Friday and today my shoulders, last, pecs, feel a little more normal. Yeah, it was intense, and showed me how pathetically out of shape I am in. Wednesday will be the core one. Friday, upper again...I will def take it more easy on Friday, need to remember my finicky left shoulder and be better at protecting it. Anyhoo....eating...kinda been doing lower carb than I had been and doing better at 3 meals only. Still eating some carbs so as not to develop a ridiculous sensitivity, but by far less junk than I was doing.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, refresh my memory of what happened with Cheryl....
Old 04-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

She got to the point she couldn't sleep for days without help and was unable to get away from them. I'm not sure how she's doing now, I need to check in with her.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
Sounds like a great relaxing weekend.

did my second 12 min of max t3...lower body. It was much easier than upper body. I did the upper on Friday and today my shoulders, last, pecs, feel a little more normal. Yeah, it was intense, and showed me how pathetically out of shape I am in. Wednesday will be the core one. Friday, upper again...I will def take it more easy on Friday, need to remember my finicky left shoulder and be better at protecting it. Anyhoo....eating...kinda been doing lower carb than I had been and doing better at 3 meals only. Still eating some carbs so as not to develop a ridiculous sensitivity, but by far less junk than I was doing.
nice job!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
She got to the point she couldn't sleep for days without help and was unable to get away from them. I'm not sure how she's doing now, I need to check in with her.
Oh yeah...I do remember that. Didn't know if that's what you beers referring to or something new.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Freudian slip?
Old 04-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oops...I'm guessing more like auto correct. lol
Old 04-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Bud,
Just popping by to say Hi &

How's the exercise program doing? Are you starting to feel better?

I'm FF/NKing this week (no HCG) had a pretty good week, down 4.1 Friday to Friday. So I guess I'll hang with this for a while.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, you good to hear from you. wow what an awesome week you had! NK def agrees with you!

exercise going well. am taking them a lot slower than the first time...I don't ever need to get THAT sore again has been much better since once I recovered from the first time.

sleeping is slowly getting better. I had to up my dosage of the script as the amount he prescribed was quite enough. now I need to let him know I upped it so he can adjust my script for the pharmacist bet he hates having nurses as patients...
Old 04-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

daddy-daughter dance last night. they had a lot of fun!

friday, i was asked if noah would be interested in leading the survivor's lap during Relay for Life and possibly be the torch lighter too. made me cry.... and that's no easy feat. and then to top it off it's on his birthday june 7!! made me cry again.... sigh...

(oh...and i am strongly considering a round. trying nicole's brand of hcg .... that isn't really hcg...lol google hcg 1234 ... )
Old 04-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is such a great picture, a keeper for life. You ought to frame that for her room. And the blessings just keep coming for Noah, God has really held him in the palm of his hand.

Now whisper all you want, I heard you girly girl. So I googled and it sounds very doable. Are you going with the 1200? What do you mean not really HCG. Is it one of those herbal "acts like" products? If it works who the heck cares? I know Nicole has been doing well, so I'd check it out. And she eats alot like you, whatever, just watch the calories. You could probably even use some of your frozens.

I'm hanging pretty good this weekend. I'm eating more calories and trying to keep the fat up. Probably more NK then FF. Tomorrow I plan to go back to FF for the week. I'm hoping it still works well. I remember thinking if you used it too often it stopped being effective. So trying to kind of keep it going but taking a little break as well. I'm hoping to get more of an alternating effect. I did have a .20 bounce yesterday after 1736 calories 77%, but after spending the day in a hot car and eating fast food I knew I was retaining water, so that didn't bother me. I'm doing a lot of gardening today so that might get me too. Trying to drink a lot of water.

When do you think you might try it?
Old 04-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I think I will print it and get a frame for it.

Yes, it is not the story we would have chosen, but we praise Him thru it all!

Dangit! you heard me whispering, huh? Ill see if I can find a better explanation of what the drops are...I think it was on their fb page. Actually was thinking why not incorporate all three cal levels... I would love to start right away but am going to St. Louis the 9th to see my BFF and it would be hard to do with her...somehow all the junk comes out when we're together. so thinking take my drops and load down there before heading home unless you have a brilliant idea of how I could start soon and still go down there?

Had a pretty decent night sleep last night. Thankful for that!

I can stand it! Check this link out!!
Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Border Collie | Fayette, MO | Lucy

I'm waiting for her foster mom to call me back. She sounds so perfect! If everything sounds ok, I'm hoping she'll let me send her a check for partil payment to hold her and then I could bring her home when I go to St. Louis as its right on the way! Kids all loved her too!

Can't wait to see how your week goes this week. You're doing so great! Only .2 is pretty awesome for being on the road.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

here is the explanation of hcg 1234 i was talking about.

Quote:
hCG in not in the FDA's Homeopathic Pharmacopeia. So hCG can't be considered 'homeopathic'. The FDA has also determined that the production of the hCG hormone is only approved for fertility treatments when prescribed by a doctor.

Our hCG1234 contains no hormones. Instead, of the 250 amino acids that make-up hCG, we use the ones that are clinically proven to support weight loss and removal. It is designed to work with your body the same way as the hormone does. In fact, our customers report better results than previous formulas that did contain the hormone and many can be seen here in the 'before and after' photos and testimonials. Our product is also the first that allows for 500, 800 or 1200 calorie options depending on your specific lifestyle.

Also, since we have stopped using the hormone, our customers report even better results, fewer instances of stalls or plateaus and particularly for women, far fewer side-effects. Results are ultimately what matters with diet products and results and high quality, clinically proven ingredients (can't be said for the hCG hormone), are the reason hCG1234 remains the top selling diet product available!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I realize that is their sales material, but it sounds totally like something I would try. And I checked out some of the review sites and they had good things to say as well. I was thinking about your travel dilemma and the best I could come up with is you're really anxious to get started you could go low carb which has always been a great way to preface HCG and possibly easier to stick with BFF depending on the definition of Junk. Otherwise for lack of stress, just use the time (we're only talking a week) to order the product, plan your menus, stock your shelves with the non-perishables. Load with your BFF and enjoy your visit, and be ready to start the day you return. I think I would apt for the later.

Your doggie looks awesome. We lost our Border Collie/Lab a couple years ago and are about ready to replace her. I hope you hear soon. How far would that be to go get her? I have not had a lot of luck with Pet Finders here. Either they never respond to me or they want me to fill out a very invasive six page application just for the opportunity to meet the dog. Or worse still after you fill out the application they want to come to your house and inspect and approve that. Really? It has kept a good many doggies from find a happy home with us. Part of our problem is we both work and donít have and Chilins at home. So I donít think weíll go the puppy route but would love the find a doggie like Lucy.

I had a 2# bounce up today that I fully expected. After working in the garden ALL day I was pretty sore. So took some Advil. Iím sure after the muscles recover and the Advil gets out of my system Iíll be back down. I started to get my eggs going this morning & Meh. So I decided to do a little pot roast and Alfredo. As I poked around in the fridge I found all kinds of left over steak, hamburger & roast. You guessed itÖÖ.. Beef Day. Just because I could. I like it and it likes me.

Hope you have a great week and hear about Lucy soon!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, lucy was taken.

BUT...DS1 and i are going to the city today to look at and hopefully bring this girl home!!

she was a stray so they are guessing she is hound/shepard mix.

so sorry about your bump....how'd the beef day treat you?

ordered drops. i may just get impulsive and just start and punt in st louis.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

She looks like a sweetie! Sorry about Lucy.

Beef day -1.40, so almost back down to my low. FF today.

Great luck on the drops!!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:47 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we made it home yesterday! we decided on Riley for her name. all's going well. she's very calm. doesn't bark. but, wants to go outside all the time and can't seem to relax, so hope we can find a balance. she just went potty for the first time this morning. so when we're out with her she's not always going potty, just sniffing. will be glad when the adjustment phase is over. :/

on bring down yesterday! hope your FF brought you down even more!