Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
sounds like your weekend was fun! we had snow yesterday morning too! april 1st and snow. oh well, it was gone by afternoon.

your plan sounds very liveable!

i am still trying to stick with simple portion control. when i have a 'living' situation, i 'live' when i don't i do my portion thing. haven't weighed for awhile, but can tell by clothes not much has changed yet.

first track meet for kyle this afternoon. hope it's not cold! hate sitting in the cold...they say it'll be near 50* but that's not warm to me.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
I haven't weighed since Friday. Had to get up extra early 4am so didn't want to then. I was a little disappointed that my clothes were a little snug after beef day, but I guess not terribly surprised after my weekend. I think I'll wait until Friday and see if lightening the obsession a bit works in my favor.

Yeah 50 is not warm to me either. I'm ready for spring!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay DH started HCG. I didn't. I was feeling real good in my skin. Then I weighed in this morning and I'm 1.8 above last Friday. So here I am still playing with the same 5# up & down, I figured what the heck. With him doing it, it will be a lot easier. I'm not stopping my work outs, power walks or RK. I'm thinking of forgoing the bread sticks and adding an egg in the morning. I had no intention of doing this, so I'm completely unprepared. Maybe this will actually prevent the load gain we'll see.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

my dh has been trying to do hcg as well. it hasn't worked as magically for him this time. he hates doing it so much, but knows he can drop 10lbs in a week when he does it...but it wasn't so this time. sooooo....i dunno.....he's just sticking to LC for now....

as for me...i haven't been great with the portion thing...had a weird PB/doritos/fav cheese dip binge yesterday for lunch then had 4 ribs and small serving of almonds/dark choco chips for supper. like i said, haven't been doing real great with the portion thing....BUT this morning, i *feel* better in my skin. i know i'm still up for sure, but i wonder if having been sleeping better (thanks to the aid of ativan ) if my body isn't processing things better which is helping not gain despite being not good with the portion thing. just going to keep being as mindful as i can...need to get out of diet mentality and just be sensible....ya know?

having 'sack' lunch with my sister at her house on her lunch break.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah my DH has had a few miss fires as well. I basically sat him down and told him that this is not something he can kind of do for four days and say it doesn’t work. He either does it or not. Hopefully, and it sounds like it, he’s committed to do it right. Rogue but right. I’m using the same speech to get my head in the game.

I have a coupon good for 25% off pellets that is good through today (just in case you care). So I restocked my supply, hopefully for the last time. But I’m never sure how long it will be available so I like having that sealed jar in the cupboard for just in case down the road. The website had instructions and recipes that were fresh, a little clearer and tweaked just a little, so I’m trying to focus on this like it’s a new thing. One thing that was interesting is they made the point to load with fats not sugar. We’ve known for a long time that that’s the way to go and I’ve even lost loading that way. So hopefully I’ll be back in my 4s before long.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hope you have a great day of rest, bud! ella has her last gymnastics meet (before the state competition) today so she and i and her friend and her mom will go. dad and brothers will go to church.

just wanted to say hey, and have a great day!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sending positive thoughts Ella's way. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Starting VLC tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Say hello to miss FIRST PLACE! I haven't seen her smile like that for a long time. I was so happy for her and so proud of her!

best of luck of your round!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is totally awesome!!

Ella
Old 04-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning, bud! how is your round going? i hope fabulous!

nothing new to report here. same ol', same ol'

just wanted to say hey and see how you are doing.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Buddy Girl,

Kind of different round so far, but good:
Load gain 3.6
Day one -3.5
Day two -.40
Day three -.70

How is life on your side of the world? When do state finals start for the Princess?
Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

going ok here. diet wise, the same...just trying to stay above water.

ella's state meet is may 4-5. so not for a little while. then there are nationals she can go to, but have decided 100% if we will do that...it's in st joesph, mo. so, kind of a jaunt, but i'm sure it would be good experience for her...still thinking about that one.

looks like your round is off to a good start...great first day drop! are you doing it rogue?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, especially with DH doing it. The protocol veggies just don't work for him.
So green beans, squash, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower get added and mixed. I'm not a white meat fan, so I do chicken thighs. I do the Walden's dressing sometimes but I've gotten to where I like just lemon juice and salt on my lettuce, but so far it been more cooked veggies. Also I found a FF 1/2 & 1/2 with less sugar so I do 2t of that and 1t of hwc in my coffee. Other than that, which is a lot for the protocol crowd , fairly protocol. But I am keeping FF in my hip pocket for down the road.

As the weather is getting warmer I’m trying on some of my summerier clothes and having to pin my tops again and not wear quite the form fitting tops is motivating me to keep with it this time.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy to see your smiling face back on your Avi, I've missed you!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds totally doable!

have you tried guy's bbq sauce from netrition? the absolute BEST lc BBQ sauce i have ever tried! love it!! fat free and only like 5 cals/serving.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh thank you so much. That's something we've really been missing. I've tried making it myself and I just haven't found the secret mix. One thing I did find that I really like is Pace Salsa has come up with a couple new flavors that have worked real well for dumping on meat in the crock pot. The Verde lime we really like on pork and the Chipotle works great on beef and doesn't over dominate with the "Mexican" flavor like regular salsa.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday Bud!

So first four days pre-load -1.7, post-load -5.3. I was very, very tired last night and I have a birthday lunch at work today so I'm going to try an up day (not a re-feed) maybe about 700-800 calories.

Plans for the weekend?
Old 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds like you're on your way. i hope your ud helped the tiredness.

plans...NOTHING!! laundry and probably get groceries tomorrow...church sunday...that's it!

you?

just finished up week 2 of my 3 mos corrective therapy for my neck. the first week i had a lot of soreness in neck and back. most of this week have felt really good. he must have done something somewhat different today (he adjusts me m-w-f) as my neck has progressively gotten more and more sore thru the day...and about 5:00-ish i started to get soooo tired and a headache...kinda weird...otherwise...the therapy is going well.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so happy you were able to start that. I imagine you would go through some struggles to move forward but you might call him tomorrow if you don't feel better though, it not an exact science. Do you feel comfortable with him?

I had almost 1000 calories today. Stayed on plan the best I could. I feel much better! We'll see what the old scale has to say about it tomorrow.

Don't know about the weekend yet. There is a new church we have our eye on we might go check out. Other then that probably a road trip
Old 04-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning! feel much better this morning...usually how it goes. it's just so nice to be comfortable laying in bed...it used to be i had to get up simply b/c i couldn't lay there anymore.

so glad you are feeling better too! fingers crossed for a kind scale this morning.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad you're feeling better. And it sounds like whole person better too. that this will be the answer.

I feel good today. Down .70, the same as I was the two days prior. Now the goal is to keep the weekend sane
Old 04-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wanna hear something else cool....so to tell someone about this corrective therapy is hard to do b/c there is soooooo much info. but the very simplified jist, if the nerve system is aligned properly, the body can better heal b/c the signals to heal are getting thru. so remember my shoulder? how i was questioning a tear and knowing an MRI was proly the only way to truly know? well, since i have been doing this corrective care, my shoulder is 95% better!! i can lay on my left side with no pain. i don't even feel it hardly anymore. if i sit in certain position on the couch or hold it a certain way while i'm driving, i can feel where it bothered me, but not anything like it used to be!! so thankful!!

and woohoo on being down! what are you weekend plans?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a very positive move all the way around Couldn't be happier for you. And you thought you were going to that show to promote your business

Well very positive weekend all & all. I ate out every day Friday-Sunday, tried to watch it but was not HCG compliant in the least. The rest of the time, pretty much was. I didn't even count calories Sat & Sun. From Fri to today I'm down .90 and I feel so much better. I don't know if the RK is making the difference or what, but I've got to wonder. Today I'm back to 500ish. Hoping the weekend scramble might shake things up to give my some week one style losses this week.

How was your weekend?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

weekend was good. had a horrible sleepless night saturday night, i didn't take the ativan (left over from noah's treatments...he never used any of it) i have been taking every night. i felt just horrible all day yesterday. tried to nap in the afternoon and couldn't even do that despite being exhausted.... i'm not sure what i'll do when that runs out...hubby has a checkup for his BP on the 22nd so i may go with him and see if he'll discuss it with me even tho it's not my appointment.

on your successful weekend. bet that feels great!! i need to start taking the Rk again....
Old 04-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhhh sleep deprevation is the worst. Hope you feel better today.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, i took some last night, slept good and feel much better today.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was in a funky frame of mind last night. I got real hungry mid-morning yesterday and solved it with some brazil nuts. I started to quickly question my resolve to continue. The brazil nuts worked. Even with those extra calories, I was only at 650. So I made a deal with myself based on my weigh in. Up - move to FF - I wouldn’t be hungry and still on my round, but I definitely wouldn’t be able to go back to VLC after that and I'm only 1 week in. Down 1# or more and stick with it, hopefully for another week at least so I can finish with FF. Down less than a # As I went to bed I’m thinking “you’re in one of your best rounds, why quit now? Because it’s hard? Waaa” So with that I got in a better frame of mind. I was down .90 this morning, so we’re totally moving on. Boy what a difference a couple moments of thought can make.

How are you feeling today?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm glad you were able to work out which way to go. big on being down. awesome!!

i am so-so...tired today...tried something different for sleeping and i ti didn't work...then i i took ativan later than i usually do out of frustration...

so frustrated with this whole thing...i don't know which direction to go...what to do when this bottle of ativan runs out....

i talked to the chiro today about adrenal fatigue, b/c i DO think that is an underlying source of my issues...out of whack cortisol among other adrenal issues based on my reading. he said my myogram showed a lot of muscle activity in the adrenal region which means something def is out of whack...i'm praying that once that gets aligned and the proper nerve signals get to my adrenals, that it will begin to heal (the adrenal fatigue). BUT what am i to do in the mean time? i can't just NOT SLEEP! naturals don't do a thing....i'm just so frustrated...and i fear that i am starting to get into the mentality that i CAN'T sleep without the ativan...maybe i just need to go a few days without it and see what happens...but it's a viscous circle...no sleep is taxing on the adrenals too...so i am damned if i do, damned if i don't...

anyway....sorry to whine/vent.

i'm so happy for you that your round is going well.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What did you do before you had the ativan?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nothing....it just got to a point that was laying awake for hours....it just very gradually got worse.