Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
congrats on getting back down.

i freezer at home and shop stocked with the meals. have only used them monday of this week. but feel i'll get back to them shortly, i'm dreading the thought of them or anything it's just that things are busy and am eating away from home alot till monday, so will push restart then.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Yeah , I don't really feel focused this week. Kind of crawling out of a sicky hole and getting my last weekend's indulgences gone. Hopefully Monday I'll be on plan. I just have to figure out what that is.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ahhhh ...i meant above i AM NOT dreading the thought of getting back to the meals.

i have no desire right now to make concessions for social events diet wise. so until those settle down...

i have been reading beeb's thread in other plans...those gals verbalize my thoughts and feelings so identically....really makes me feel a little less messed up knowing i'm not losing my mind and not the only struggling with all this mess.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah I guess that's why Iím so dead set on getting this lifting thing going. My sister in law has always been a gym rat (not that I could or want to be that), but I always remember her explaining it one time as "I just really like to eat". So I'm looking at possibly more of a balanced approach that incorporates both. DH has gained a lot of weight since Christmas when he threw his back out. Heís trying to figure out what he can do and stick with to get about 30-40# off. Heís been looking at everything from HCG, Mediterranean, LC, Fat Flush, etc. (of course I have every book ever written for him to choose from). So whatever he decides on, Iíll probably go along with for support. And at this point I donít really care. Itís almost like ďyou choose, Iím tired of thinking about itĒ YKWIM?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Bud!
How spins your world today? It's amazing how I keep thinking I'm well and then I'm better and I think now I'm really well. I guess I'm just not used to being sick.

So DH has decided on Fat Flush. Basically LC to start with although I get 2 pieces of fruit and cranberry water in phase one, but no dairy. Ongoing phases add "friendly" carbs and eventually I'll get dairy back. It incorporates a lot of the healthy principals we've learned so I also feel good about it that way.

Funny thing is I tried this, loosely, exactly a year ago with HCG. I lost an average of .5 per day. Will be interesting to see how this compares without. I'm going to be stricter on plan, so it's not really a fair comparison, but so it goes with a double "eyes open" study
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning, bud. sounds like you and hubby are ready to hit the ground running! can't wait to see how the FF treats you!

dh told me he needs to either start hcg or go clothes shopping i said me too...but not to hcg. i did buy a couple pairs of jeans at salvation army and a top for under $9 but i refuse to buy any other 'bigger' clothes i only did that bc one of my favorite pairs of jeans ripped and couldn't be fixed.

i feel stronger to stick with my portion control plan. funny how things come full circle. that is how i lost the first big chunk of weight when i weighed 194!

this weekend is our yearly home and garden show. it's dh's 15th year. the first year he started kendall (ds1) was my little orange premie punkin and now this year he towers over me! he and i had a good bonding day (we tend to butt heads more than not) he helped me pack up my shop, pack up the car, unload and set up and we got along great! felt so nice! had the wild hair to bring most of my shop furniture...a total pain, but i really like how the booth turned out. sales are meh...this is more a show that people come to browse around and see what samples they can get and sign up to win free stuff

Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Looks awesome! Iíll bet youíd have done the whole thing and paid just for the day with Kendall. I hope you have plenty of leftovers. I just opened my last bar of sweet pea (my absolute favorite) so Iíll need to put an order together.

Yep Iím at an all-time high today after another carby weekend and major monthly water retention, I feel like Iím carrying the majority on my chest. After HCG this doesnít feel much like a diet.
Breakfast Ė 2 eggs, coffee Ė no cream, lemon water
Snack Ė Apple
Lunch Ė 4oz roast beef rolls and bag of fresh veggies
Dinner Ė Chicken stir fry
Snack Ė another piece of fruit
Old 03-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sorry you're up. you menu yesterday looks good. hope it treated you well.

i'm a little disgruntled. i have had 3 good days of controlled eating and feel only slightly better weight wise. i don't know my weight three days ago, but sure it wasn't good....last two morning weights have been the same...a number that makes me cringe. i dunno...i'm sleeping better, so i would think that would help. not really sure what to keep doing.

going to have a consult with a different chiro. he was in the booth next to me at the home show. i had heard necks were his new endeavor. i showed him my neck xray. he gasped. he then told me several stories of how important it is for all the neck to be in correct alignment to allow the signals of healing to get to the lower parts of the body...it was really quite fascinating. he showed me his xray's. his neck had no curve at all...so totally straight. after 3 mos of corrective therapy which is stretches done morning and night, and very slight adjustments 2-3 times a week, he completely corrected his neck to the proper curve. if this is cost prohibitive, i'm not sure what i'll do.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow it sounds like he was put next to you for a reason From what you said it sounds like he might be able to teach you the exercises you could do on your own if you can't get to his office for the whole treatment. I guess it depends on if his focus is healing or $. Iíll say a prayer for you!! Speaking of prayers, what ever happened with the disappearing brother-in-law?

I'm sorry you're having such a struggle with WOE. I'm there too gaining and losing the same 5# all year. Like you I'm so sick of dieting and really looking for lifestyle. I was losing well with M&E, but it gave me terrible heartburn and I really don't like the idea of a lifestyle without fruit and veggies. I want to be able to have the occasional starch without it throwing a wrench in things, but I don't feel it's a health risk to abstain.

So I have to justify this with I was artificially high yesterday and almost sloshing with water weight, but I'm down 2.1 today. Today's menu is:
Breakfast Ė 2 scrambled eggs, black coffee
Lunch Ė Leftover stir-fry from last night
Snack Ė Apple
Dinner Ė Baked chicken thigh with green beans.
Snack if I want Ė another piece of fruit.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't heard back from on what he thinks a plan will look like...he adjusted me and did a muscle scan of my back. and That is idea, I do the exercises at home and then go to see him however many times a week he deems necessary. He's a guy I went to school...he was a grade below me. Just a knew who you were sort of thing. But, I do trust him to not be trying to pull one over on me.

Congrats on being down!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds pretty good
Old 03-27-2013, 06:22 AM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

forgot about the BIL...it's just all weird. my sister sent me an email talking about the conversation her bubby and brother had. there are two verses in the Bible God told him to live. one about Trusting God in all things. and one other one. he also mentioned that the wife had a savings of 14,000 that they had been living on for the last 4 years. he didn't work bc he didn't feel God was telling him to. 'ironically' God told him to go home the day the 14,000 ran out. i got all sorts of red flags, and did share a few of my questions with my sister only b/c she asked, but she never responded. all i got to say is i am so glad this is not my family to deal with. i couldn't handle them thinking they could waltz in and out of my life like they are. it's all just so weird. i asked my sister the other day if he was going to get a job, she said no. o.O so i guess it's up to his parents to provide all their food, housing, diapers for the baby...etc. i don't get it. AT.ALL but it's not my deal....he has credit card debt, student loan debt that is has just left for his parents...and even now, says God hasn't yet told him to get a job and start paying that back....
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like heís got the perfect scam working to take advantage of his parents Christian beliefs. Hopefully someone will remind him that God left a complete instruction booklet for him on how to live his life called the Bible and if he wants God to speak to him it is only through that will he receive instruction. It says just that in the Bible and specifically says that contrary instruction received a different way is not the word of God. Okay off my soapbox.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i know it. i looked into the verses he says that God was speaking to him. and he completely twisted them to fit his own agenda, whatever that agenda was...but claim it was God telling him to do xyz... i asked my sister what about all the verses that say to not be indebted to collectors? what about honor thy father and mother? God would not contradict himself in these two areas by 'telling' him to walk away from his debt leaving his parents to deal with the thousands of phone calls of collectors trying to locate him...not very honoring to his parents, if you ask me...it simply makes no sense to me. and like i said, i'm so glad it's not for me to deal with.

i feel like that cat in my avatar when it comes to this subject....the look on his face, not so much the saying.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

totally!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Bud!
Howís the world treating you today? This is my report so far.:

So far this is working quite well. 3 days and Iím down 4.3#. Only one HCG round was I better at this point and that was my first, I was down 4.5#. Just to confirm Iím not doing HCG, but I am still doing RK. Iím also taking GLA as instructed in the diet. I am lifting every other day and power walking as much as possible, mostly just back and forth to the shop, but yesterday I did go for a ďwalkĒ. My basic menu has been:
B Ė 2 scrambled eggs, plain of with veggies added, black coffee
L Ė 4 oz lean meat, plus veggies
S Ė Apple
D Ė 4 oz lean meat, plus veggies
Plus 1 cup 100% cranberry juice mixed with 48 oz water throughout the day and Ĺ lemon in hot water in the morning. She wants you to have 2 T flax oil, but Iíve only done that one day

Honestly I havenít been extremely strict. I spray my egg pan with olive oil. Iíve had a little more protein here and there and donít really weigh anything. Iíve also had some pepperoncini peppers to add to the meat rolls. Iíve had a diet soda and add salt to food, which is supposed to be a no-no.

It obviously early yet, but Iím encouraged.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

very cool!

what do you mean by "I’m also taking GLA as instructed in the diet." did i miss somewhere what it is you are doing? i thought it was just your own thing.

going ok here...just still trying to do portion control. haven't been weighing. i am still taking RK too but haven't noticed any difference.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I actually started the Fat Flush diet. DH wanted to do it and I started it to support him. We had done it years ago with very good success and he remembered never feeling better. Back then we did it by the book and it was very hard. Then after HCG and some of the other things weíve done it doesnít seem near as difficult. Plus Iím eating the way I eat and not trying to use her recipes. I have a pdf of Phase 1. If youíre interested I can email it to you.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh yes, i remember now you saying you guys had decided on that. sorry about forgetting. i think you have sent me that pdf before. i will go look for it.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yep, i have it...what is cranwater? just cranberry juice?

nevermind i saw where you said what it was....sorry.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 03-28-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Old 03-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

how long do you do ph 1?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so the ph 1 does look totally doable. the smoothie...is that a way to get the flax oil in? lol...

would have trouble not having HH in my morning coffee.

i wonder what it is about flax oil? think that could be subbed with something else? or use flax meal in a OMM with one of the eggs?

Last edited by dazygyrl; 03-28-2013 at 12:20 PM..
Old 03-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The mix is 1 cup 100% cranberry juice mixed with 48 oz water. I got one of those skinny tap pitchers at Walmart. Put 3 cups cran juice and fill it up with water and I use a little stevia to tone the tart.

Phase one is typically 2 wks and then you start adding "friendly carbs" very slowly. I think there is Phase 1, 2 and lifestyle. If you want to try it I'll make copies of the other phases for you.

Taking a note from HCG though if I'm in the zone and I still have a few to lose I may stay on another week or so.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The smoothie is my main way to do the flax oil, but it's been too cold in the mornings and Iím in the office at lunch so itís not really practical. You can drizzle on cooked veggies or use with ACV for salad dressing. Flax meal works but no other oils. I think Iím going to try to make some flax muffins this weekend.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The smoothie is pretty basic too
1 cup cran water
1 cup berries
1 Scoop Whey Power with 0 carbs/sugar or fat
Stevia
1 cup Ice
Old 03-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the info. will think about it over the weekend..too much going on to try and stick to something strict.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah I get that. I'm a little nervous about this weekend, but since DH seems to be into it and losing well I don't think he'll be a spoiler.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Uh oh! We got invited up to the lake with friends for the weekend. Last night I was stressing, but then I took a breath, reminded myself about "living" and I'm going to enjoy the weekend, make an effort not to OVER indulge and hit the road running again on Monday. Funny thing is I thought that it might even jump start my metabolism so I wouldn't stall and sure enough I stalled today. Thank you for the sign.

Have a blessed Easter my friend!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy resurrection day!

was gone fri-sat staying with dear friends and just now seeng your post. Hope your time with friends was great and relaxing!

nothiing else too new here. hope you are well.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Bud!
Hope you had a great weekend!

We went up to Chester to visit some friends who have a cabin on Lake Almanor. We had a great time. The deer come up right to their back porch for their snacks, lots of fun. We woke up to snow yesterday morning and were a little worried. But it rained and snowed off and on so nothing stuck to the road but the trees were beautiful. Then when we got home, HOLY MOLY the downpour we got there was incredible. The roads were still flooded on my way out this morning. But other than that the weather is wonderful. Should be in the low 70s and heading up from here.

I ate way worse then I should have this weekend but not in great volumes. We also went for a great walk at the lake on hilly terrain, plus our room was upstairs. So hopefully not too bad of damage. Iím not weighing today, doing a beef and cran water day and we see how the chips fall tomorrow. At this point Iím considering doing No S with a NK/low carb twist. Iíve got my power walking and lifting started and will tweak that as I go. I do better eating mostly low carb higher fat but Iím not interested in giving up fruits and veggies. I donít mind limiting fruit to a couple times a week and starchy carbs to ďsometimesĒ on S days. Iím loving the cran water for flavor plus the water weight reduction is terrific, so Iím keeping that as well. Iím also keeping the RK. So I guess Iím making up my own WOE taking things that seem to work from many plans and hopefully putting it together for a lifestyle. Weíll see how it works.