Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Well after my rough day I ended up with 595 calories so I didn't feel I did too badly. However I was back up .20 over where I started last Monday after my terrible weekend

Last week was HH week which means TOM is due and I did have some wine on Saturday, but.............

I'm going to keep with things this week. The menu is all planned. But I'm a little discouraged

How you doing?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
hey! no peeking at the scale just for that reason!! ignorance is bliss sometimes. i'm sorry you had a tough day. i have had those too. don't let it get you down. just start with a new day.

my weekend was good. ella had a meet saturday (a DD...went well) and kyle had a basketball tournament in the afternoon. for it being a DD i feel it went very well. i stuck to my plan. yesterday was an UD and daytona day. we always go to friend's house for a daytona party every year.

so DD today. my dd's have been easier lately. i have been eating quest bars. coffee w/ cream in the morning, then i'll eat one around lunch time with an apple then at supper time i'll eat another with green beans or something similar. they are quite filling and fairly tasty.

one thing to remember...if you are adding more carbs, that will cause initial water retention....so keep that in mind too if you see spike on the scale...especially until your body adjusts to more carbs.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 02-25-2013 at 06:15 AM..
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey bud! how's it going?

did you order your RK? if so, did you get a shipping notice? i didn't...

so i am trying the potato thing. i can do it all day today and tomorrow. no lunch with friend tomorrow. but lunch with mom and sister thursday, but can do potatoes for evening meal on thurs and all day friday. so only one off meal in 4 days. hopefully will give me an idea of what it's about.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Bud!

Can't wait to hear how it works for you. In the reading I've done on this and related subjects, it looks as through one might be able to take a carb break from a low carb lifestyle as long as fat is restricted during that time. It also appears to be beneficial to many. I hope you get great results! (I know youíre not doing low carb at the moment, I was hypothesizing on other fronts).

I'm having a limbo day. Yesterday I was waffling between staying on JUDDD for another week, going to low carb, NK, FF or a combination of all of the above. I also did some reading on the 5:2 diet. Still not sure of my direction. Iím back down some after my UD yesterday; Iím doing basically high fat meat and eggs today, but havenít decided about tomorrow.

I'm ordering today, yesterday was insane, I'll let you know.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just placed my order. I got an email confirmation. I'll let you know if I get a shipping notice.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

the 5:2 kinda scares me a bit. i'm nit so sure it would be good for me to eat 'regular' 4 days in a row. so if i get weary of EOD DDs, i am going to try a rotation of 2 - UDs, 1 - DD.

that's the other beauty of juddd is you can combine it with any WOE.

on being down!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just got my shipping confirmation.

i'm kinda excited to see what the RK does while doing the potatoes. since you don't consume any fat while doing the PH. so i will have a couple days without the RK and some with to compare.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks!

Yeah I keep going back to if 5:2 works, but EOD is better, why wouldn't DMWF, UTTSS be a happy medium? Like my all new Acronyms?

So if you were doing LC JUDDD would you still count calories or carbs?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, i don't know why your set roation wouldn't work. it's an extra day of DD compared to 5:2

i guess i would just count carbs if i were going to do LC.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i guess i would just count carbs if i were going to do LC.
Hmmmmmmmmm

Maybe NK/FF/NK
Maybe ME/LC/ME

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i think ME/LC/ME would be less tedious as far as preciseness.

(remember, i only really 'count' on DDs )
Old 02-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh you're right! Much less labor intensive I believe I'll just give that a try.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Bud!
I got shipping confirmation today, did you? DH started RK this morning and called to say "I don't know if it psychological or what but I feel stuffed". That's the same way I felt right away. Hope the new ones work as well!!

I'm doing a M&E day today. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to do two before I cycle or what.

How's your day?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

very interesting on hubby.

yeah, i got shipping notice yesterday.

day is good. day two of potatoes.

i posted this in a thread in the JUDDD forum asking if anyone felt lousy doing the PH.
Quote:
today is my first full day of potatoes. i have not been lc'ing so have been adjusted to carbs. i haven't felt FABULOUS by any means. i had 3 meals of potatoes at 12, 3, and 6ish. i never felt full for more than an hour after each meal. so, as far as them being satiating, they haven't been for me. does that take more than one day to kick in?

so do i feel lousy...not really, but i don't feel fantastic either.
and this morning....
Quote:
i feel pretty good this morning. better than when i went to bed. i was up 0.2 this morning. having my coffee with HWC now, will stop that at 8am so i can do potatoes the rest of the day
am getting hungry, but need to wait till 11:30 as they say to wait 4hrs between eating non-potato (ie: coffee w/ HWC for me) and potatoes.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, that sounds a little rougher then I would have expected. How are you feeling now? Are you doing only potatoes or are you incorporating the other resistant starches? I assume you didn't weigh today, are you going to wait until Friday?

Hope it works out for you and gets easier. I'll be sending positive jubbies your way
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just reread your post on the potato hack thread and got that you did weigh in. .20 is not bad for first day from what I'm seeing from others. Can't wait to hear what tomorrow brings.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i feel MUCH better today. much more satisfied. they say eating them cold produces more satiety? i did that today and feel much fuller than yesterday, who knew?? i think i had a bigger serving too. at any rate, totally feel better than yesterday.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You GO girl!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

NO MORE POTATOES, PLEEEEEASE!!!

i felt great most of the day yesterday. then it was 5:00pm. o.O

from 5:00 till this morning still have had stomach cramps and maaaany trips to the bathroom!!! all for only a loss of 1.2 pounds.

so, i guess my foray into taters is done. i may still try them for DDs once my gut recoups.

that's my story.

soooo, how's your day? lol

hoping to get my RK today!

lunch with mom and sister today.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Bud,

Sorry about the Eating low carb, I get the same issue if I eat too much artichoke, and I love them so. So are you back to std JUDDD?

I was down .90 today after M&E. It probably would be more but Iím fighting off kind of a sore throat chesty thing and you know how that works.

I just checked my shipping status and no updates yet. I hope I get mine soon too. I think I might back off to one a day until I do because the caffeine gets a little much by the end of the work day. One thing my friend told me is she noticed the color of her eyes getting darker and I have noticed that too.

Hope you have a great day with the girls!!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, i'm finally feeling better. nice and hungry for a good lunch. and yes, back to std juddd.

on being down! sure hope you feel soon, that's no fun.

i didn't get mine today...should get it tomorrow, i would think. usps doesn't do status updates on shipping, just left here arrived here sort of thing.

are you noticing anything different with the RK you're taking other than the caffeine effects?
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I still feel the appetite suppressant (unless I eat bad carbs). Iím hoping itís the RK and not the Green Tea.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Bud!

How was your lunch with the girls?

Well Iím two days into M&E and down 1.9. And thatís after getting sick yesterday and taking Ibuprofen. So Iím pretty happy so far. That puts me .30 above my JUDDD low last Saturday.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woohoo! that's awesome! so you're feeling better today? hope so!!

lunch was good. ended up going to the city with my sister for the rest of the day. needed to get ella and dress and myself something for a wedding tomorrow. normally i will eat a meal on an UD whether i am 'hungry' or not. we ate at panda express. i COULD.NOT eat. i ate half or less of my meal and just couldn't finish...HIGLY unusual and very welcome. DD today so weekly weigh in tomorrow.

my RK must be on the SLOW BOAT from GA. i did check the tracking number. it was shipped tuesday in GA and tracking says it's STILL in GA inspite of having changed zipcodes...meaning it's moving SLOWLY!! i also see it was shipped first class. i thought it was going priority which should have it here by today for sure. totally bummed i didn't get it today.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

my sister was off yesterday afternoon b/c she was reeling from some info she and her hubby got. her hubby has 2 brothers. 4 years ago, his middle brother got married and made the proclamation that God was telling him to cut all ties from his family. they literally NEVER heard from him again after he was married. they are a Christian family so to hear something like this was very difficult for them and even a little concerning. i got a message from sister's MIL asking us to do a time of fasting and praying feb 2-9 for the brother and his wife. well, i didn't fast and pray, but did say a prayer for them.

so yesterday, sister's hubby calls her telling her that his brother called his dad yesterday morning asking if he and his wife could come home and LIVE with them along with their 6 mo baby!! brother told the dad that God had released them to come home. (will be interesting to hear the whole story of what they got involved in.) so they are going to get them today from somewhere in indiana.

so needless to say she couldn't go back to work as she couldn't concentrate.

people who say prayer doesn't change things should think again!!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow that's incredible. Was there some event that got everyone thinking back in February was the time to pray? I will add your sister and her family to my prayers.

No I'm still sick and DH is trying to take great care of me and bringing me home all these treats.

I hate USPS. It seems like anything I get that way takes a week and a half minimum.

The appetite issue is great. Possibly left over from the Hack?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

no, as far as know, they just made the decision to have a time of fasting and praying for him. God is cool!!

so sorry you are still not feeling good. but sounds like you're getting lots of good TLC!

yeah, i dunno about the appetite thing. would be nice if it continues.

i wonder why they sent it first class and not priority. that price for shipping should have easily covered priority shipping.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so weigh in today. was down 3 lbs from last week (2/23). and finally below my juddd start weight 1.4 lbs. body fat % stayed the same as last week. happy with some progress nonetheless. so maybe as awful as the PH end up being, maybe it was beneficial somehow? i think the bigger test will be UDs go.

off to a family wedding all day today. it's 3hrs away, but we aren't staying overnight so hopefully we won't get home too terribly late.

what are your plans this weekend?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #299
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Hello ladies!

We are home. We got home on Thursday evening. The great news is no weight gain. We didn't have a scale for the last 8 days, so I was worried. In fact, dh made GOAL(195) while we were gone. I came home weighing 126.4 which is a pound or so lower than my lowest. I think our very frugal budget and lots of exercise helped. I think it was more our frugal budget, lol. I am convinced you can not out exercise bad eating. I am back to my daily logging again. I didn't read the thread, but, wanted to let you know I am back, and will get the pictures downloaded one of these days. Terri, it was such a pleasure to meet you, and look forward to seeing you again as we make our yearly treks to California. Carrie, you and Terri MUST meet one of these days.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
so weigh in today. was down 3 lbs from last week (2/23). and finally below my juddd start weight 1.4 lbs. body fat % stayed the same as last week. happy with some progress nonetheless. so maybe as awful as the PH end up being, maybe it was beneficial somehow? i think the bigger test will be UDs go.

off to a family wedding all day today. it's 3hrs away, but we aren't staying overnight so hopefully we won't get home too terribly late.

what are your plans this weekend?
Great job Bud! Sounds like the hack had positive results at least. Not to mention your regular juddd lifestyle.

Hope you have a great time at the wedding UD or DD? I'm still sick so curling up by the TV trying not to eat all the treats DH puts in front of me.