Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   My JUDDD Journal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/790521-my-juddd-journal.html)

Librarygirl 12-02-2012 01:55 PM

My JUDDD Journal

I decided to start a journal. If there is a special place for journals, please direct me. :)

JUDDD Start Date: November 13, 2012 (198.8)

Came to JUDDD after Low Carbing for approximately 2 months and a loss of 5 lbs. I enjoyed the LC WOE, but was unable to lose much because of the high calories and decided if I was going to track my calories, I'd rather do JUDDD and eat whatever I wanted, eod! :D

As of Dec. 1, I was down 6 lbs, but have registered about 2 lbs higher after a UD. Goal for Dec., by New Year's Day is to lose 8 more lbs approx. to end at 185.

My overall goal is to get to and maintain at 130-135 lbs, a weight I haven't seen in over 10 years...probably more like 13 or 14 yrs. This extra weight I have gained has cost me a lot! My self-confidence, looks, health (to some degree), and I'm ready to get it all back!!!!

Here's to LOSERS in 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Rayne_W 12-02-2012 02:39 PM

Yes, there is a special forum dedicated to journals: Weight Loss Journals - Low Carb Friends

Mine is definitely keeping me on track and accountable. :)

Librarygirl 12-02-2012 05:03 PM

oops is there a way to move this?

Rayne_W 12-02-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16113243)
oops is there a way to move this?

I'd bet a moderator/admin could move it.

Librarygirl 12-03-2012 09:01 AM

How do I contact mods...feeling stupid here. :D

Yam-Yam 12-03-2012 09:10 AM

Oh, my vote is: Don't move it! Please?

It's going to give some people a good idea. And, for those who didn't know where the journal threads are, now they will know!

Librarygirl 12-04-2012 06:15 AM

Okay, staying here, with mods approval of course. :)

Day 24...or thereabouts...3 wks since first DD (Tues, Nov. 13)

I have been sick with a bad cold the last two days and still am today. Yesterday was supposed to be a DD, but I started craving food yesterday afternoon and proceeded to eat all evening...way over even my UD calories, I think. It was the first failed DD for me, and I hope it doesn't completely wreck all the work I have done so far. I did peek at the scale last night in my nightgown and was :eek:. Not in a good way either, lol.

Drinking fluids and resting (again) today and trying a DD again. Have messed up my rotations, but it's not the end of the world, Charlie Brown. :D I am going to weigh in just a few....bracing myself. ;)

Flutter 12-04-2012 10:22 AM

Hey, LG, just giving you some more hugs and gonna say: better to just get back on the horse gf! You will be JUST FINE and in the downward trend again shortly! Getting sick always messes things up. Huge hugs! Feel better!

Librarygirl 12-04-2012 10:56 AM

Thanks Flutter. :) I've done pretty good so far today...decided to make a pot of coffee just now and used some of my SF peppermint mocha...can't taste it. Waste of calories, lol. Planning to make some potato soup in a little while...190 cals for two servings. Hope I can taste IT! Did have a lean shake already, so up to 200 calories... Hope to end today just under 600.

Was freezing all morning since I woke up and took a hot shower to warm up, put on lots of clothes and fell asleep in my lazy boy. When I woke up I was burning up, had a fever again and had to quickly change into a tee shirt...love being sick, lol.

LoCarbGal 12-04-2012 10:59 AM

Aw LG, I'm so sorry this bug is hanging on. Glad you're taking it easy and sleeping when you can. Feel better, friend. :hugs:

Librarygirl 12-04-2012 12:01 PM

Thanks LCG.:hugs: Nixed the soup idea and ate 1 sm can of chicken breast, 1 boiled egg with a tiny bit of dill pickle and a tsp of mustard. Counting it as 183 cals (113, chicken, 70, egg...no cals in mustard and pickle). Up to 383 so far, and completely satisfied. :)

Thinking of trying black breakfast tea instead of coffee on DD's. Could use the antioxidants too.

Debrat3 12-04-2012 09:49 PM

Feel Better LG:hugs:Im loving the journal.

Librarygirl 12-05-2012 07:45 AM

Thanks, Debbie. :)

Did pretty well yesterday on my DD. Kept calories to around 600, even after eating a late night fudgecicle (40 cals). Drank coffee kind of late and thought it would keep me up, but slept good. Today I was rewarded with a 1.6 lb drop on the scale. :) Have already seen that number, and lower, but it was good to start going down again.

Still feeling sickly, but maybe getting a little better. Was supposed to attend a conference on Friday but went ahead and cancelled today...unable to get refunded because it is so close to the date, but did get credit to attend another one. They have been sending so many annoying emails about other workshops and offers, I'm just about ready to forget the entire thing, including the credit. However, my school paid for it, so I guess I'll have to go. ;)

Been thinking about my issues along with weight gain that started about 12 years ago...reading member's stories has me wondering if I may have cortisol issues too. Something to think about, and research whether there are any homeopathic doctors in the area.

Librarygirl 12-05-2012 11:07 AM

Went to the doctor and found out I have a bad viral (cold) infection. Tested negative for the flu, although he said I had all the symptoms.:dunno: Anyway, not going to be going to work at all this week, per doctor's orders. My boss doesn't want me to come in anyway, so I'm happy to oblige. ;) She has Lupus and any threat of infection can be extremely bad for her. While I was out, I stopped by the store and the male clerk asked me, where do you work, do you live around here...hmmm, and then while I was waiting for some food, standing outside the restaurant, a girl walked by and said, "I love your shirt!" I'm wondering if the benefits of 15 lbs off are already showing.:o:clap: Also, blood pressure was 120/76, even lower than last time I was there (120/84), and 10 lbs less...15 lbs less since June.:clap:

So, even though I'm not at my best physically with this cold, it was nice to get some positive reinforcements today. :)

Librarygirl 12-05-2012 04:28 PM

Had Chinese for lunch...spring rolls, house fried rice and honey chicken wings.:yummy: I LOVE JUDDD!!!:love:

Been reading "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" off and on for a week or so, and spent this afternoon alternately dozing and reading it. Also finished Lisa Gardner's brand new novel, "Touch and Go." Very good and suspenseful! Just like I like it! :D It won't be published until February, but I was sent an advanced copy to review for Library Journal magazine. This is my fifth review.

Probably going to fix a small plate of leftovers for my dinner soon. Feeling a little feverish again. :(

mom23kids 12-05-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16119794)
Had Chinese for lunch...spring rolls, house fried rice and honey chicken wings.:yummy: I LOVE JUDDD!!!:love:

Been reading "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" off and on for a week or so, and spent this afternoon alternately dozing and reading it. Also finished Lisa Gardner's brand new novel, "Touch and Go." Very good and suspenseful! Just like I like it! :D It won't be published until February, but I was sent an advanced copy to review for Library Journal magazine. This is my fifth review.

Probably going to fix a small plate of leftovers for my dinner soon. Feeling a little feverish again. :(

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is on my tbr list, watched the movie and it was intense (in a good way!). I'm a voracious reader-love, love, books :D Are you on Goodreads by chance?

Librarygirl 12-05-2012 04:41 PM

I've been sent that way many times, Sara, but have not officially joined. I have journals filled with titles to read, lol, and I'm constantly downloading Kindle books. Nevermind that I work in a library! :D Do you recommend joining Goodreads?

TMI: I was in the bathroom earlier and I put a square of tissue in my book to mark my place, and I thought, this is the definition of a READER: If you have ever used toliet tissue as a bookmark, you might be a READER!:hyst:

mom23kids 12-05-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16119819)
I've been sent that way many times, Sara, but have not officially joined. I have journals filled with titles to read, lol, and I'm constantly downloading Kindle books. Nevermind that I work in a library! :D Do you recommend joining Goodreads?

TMI: I was in the bathroom earlier and I put a square of tissue in my book to mark my place, and I thought, this is the definition of a READER: If you have ever used toliet tissue as a bookmark, you might be a READER!:hyst:

:laugh:

Yes-you have to join Goodreads, it's amazing! There's tons of book clubs that you can join (for just about any book related topic), plus lots of features like listopia (where you can get book recommendations based on what you like to read), author interviews, book giveaways, and most importantly-pretty much every book ever made is in their database so you can create a tbr list, read list etc. This is great for organizing all your books :)

I joined last December and it's opened my eyes to a whole new world of books that I never knew existed :) I think there's something like 10 million members on the site!

LoCarbGal 12-05-2012 10:34 PM

Uck! So sorry this bug is really hanging on to you. Great news about your BP being better though.

I'm reading Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, too (try saying that 10 times fast). I really like it. It's different from anything I've ever read. I have the movie saved on my DVR for whenever I finish the book. Book before movie is a must for me.

I have to add that I just finished Steph Dray's Lily of the Nile, and it was great. I'm hooked, and am debating whether to order the next book in the series. I may ask for it for a Christmas present.

mom23kids 12-06-2012 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16120218)
Uck! So sorry this bug is really hanging on to you. Great news about your BP being better though.

I'm reading Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, too (try saying that 10 times fast). I really like it. It's different from anything I've ever read. I have the movie saved on my DVR for whenever I finish the book. Book before movie is a must for me.

I have to add that I just finished Steph Dray's Lily of the Nile, and it was great. I'm hooked, and am debating whether to order the next book in the series. I may ask for it for a Christmas present.

yay, another reader :D I'm such a book nerd-I've read around 275 books so far this year and have another 10 that I want to get through yet this month. I'm on a big YA kick right now, got sucked in with The Hunger Games trilogy and it's become one of my favorite genres :) But, I like just about everything, except for chick-lit.

Librarygirl 12-06-2012 07:35 AM

We should have a forum on this site..."What We're Reading". It's part of another forum I am on that's set up like this one. I rarely go to that other site now (because I'm always here). :D

Another book I just finished reading (no idea how many I've read this year, lol...275 sounds about right!) that my neice recommended is "Snowman" by Jo Nesbo. The protagonist is Henry Hole, a police detective. Nesbo has written a whole series of books featuring Hole, but this is the first I've read. I highly recommend it....here's the plot: women are being reported missing and at the same time, snowmen are found near the site of the disappearance. A boy who was alone in the house with his mother awoke after a nightmare and found his mom's bedroom empty. When he looked outside there was a snowman outside of his window, with his mom's pink scarf around it's neck...Hole sets out to solve the mystery and is thwarted at almost every turn...

It's really suspenseful and the real snowman's identity is quite baffling. I thoroughly enjoyed it and read it in two days! I will check out Lily of the Nile too! Thanks LCG

Sara, what YA books do you recommend? I love them too! I have read the Hunger Games (about 2 years ago), Pretty Little Liars (loved it, lol) and some other modern ones...friend talked me into reading "Feed" which is a zombie book, but haven't gotten very far in it.

Librarygirl 12-06-2012 07:54 AM

Ate some crackers late last night with marscapone cheese. Thought I had some cream cheese, but opened it and :sick:. The date was March 2013! Anyway, also wanted to eat the rest of a coconut milkshake I had made that I put in the freezer (the blender!)...fortunately, for my hips, I was unable to thaw it enough to blend it.:hyst:

Went back up today, but not quite a lb, so happy with that. I definitely put away some food yesterday. Wrote out some ideas of what I want to eat today, and I think I've got a good plan. So far, only coffee with So Delicious creamer, splenda and cinnamon. I don't count coffee calories except for creamer. Lalalalalalalala, don't want to hear that coffee by itself has calories! :D Always been a free food on any diet I've ever done, so I'm sticking with it.

Feeling better, cold-wise, and slept very well. I want to vacuum the house, but I don't want to exert myself too much with this cold and maybe start the worse symptoms over again. The dirt will still be there when I feel better. :D And then some!

mom23kids 12-06-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16120786)
We should have a forum on this site..."What We're Reading". It's part of another forum I am on that's set up like this one. I rarely go to that other site now (because I'm always here). :D

Another book I just finished reading (no idea how many I've read this year, lol...275 sounds about right!) that my neice recommended is "Snowman" by Jo Nesbo. The protagonist is Henry Hole, a police detective. Nesbo has written a whole series of books featuring Hole, but this is the first I've read. I highly recommend it....here's the plot: women are being reported missing and at the same time, snowmen are found near the site of the disappearance. A boy who was alone in the house with his mother awoke after a nightmare and found his mom's bedroom empty. When he looked outside there was a snowman outside of his window, with his mom's pink scarf around it's neck...Hole sets out to solve the mystery and is thwarted at almost every turn...

It's really suspenseful and the real snowman's identity is quite baffling. I thoroughly enjoyed it and read it in two days!

Sara, what YA books do you recommend? I love them too! I have read the Hunger Games (about 2 years ago), Pretty Little Liars (loved it, lol) and some other modern ones...friend talked me into reading "Feed" which is a zombie book, but haven't gotten very far in it.

Don't get me started, this could be a very long post :rofl:

Here's my favorite YA reads of this year-

1. Paper Towns by John Green (realistic fiction)

2. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter-she's a well known adult pnr author and I don't care for her adult books, but loved this one. I'm a HUGE zombie fan though :love: (paranormal/zombie)

3. Dearly Departed by Lia Habel (another zombie book)

4. and 5. The Space Between and The Replacement both by Brenna Yovanoff-both are singles, and she's one of my new favorite authors! (horror)

6. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen (realistic fiction)

7. and 8. Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth (dystopia)

9. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh (horror/pnr)

10. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (dystopia)-LOVED this one!

11. 12. and 13. Maze Runner Trilogy-The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure by James Dashner (dystopia)

14. Croak by Gina Damico (horror/paranormal)

15. Angelfall by Susan Ee (dystopia/paranormal) MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK THIS YEAR :love: :love:

16. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (paranormal)

17. and 18. Obsidian and Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout (pnr)

19. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (fantasy)

20. and 21. The Gates and The Infernals by John Connolly (humor/horror)

22. Hollowland by Amanda Hocking (zombies/post-apocalyptic)

23. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (paranormal)

24. Cinder by Marissa Meyers (Cinderella re-telling, cyborg Cinderella :D)

I've read one of Nesbo's other books-will have to look into Snowman!

KeirasMom 12-06-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16120218)

I finished the Dragon series a few months ago. Wow, is it graphic. I watched the movie after reading the book. It was pretty slow, and then pretty hard to watch in places, but it followed the book pretty well . . . mostly. ;)

Librarygirl 12-06-2012 09:12 AM

I'm about halfway through the first dragon book, and no graphic stuff yet, or I haven't noticed, lol.

Thanks for the list, Sara!! I've read Alice in Zombieland and enjoyed it. Not a huge fan of zombie books, but I recommend Feed if you like that.

mom23kids 12-06-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16121063)
I'm about halfway through the first dragon book, and no graphic stuff yet, or I haven't noticed, lol.

Thanks for the list, Sara!! I've read Alice in Zombieland and enjoyed it. Not a huge fan of zombie books, but I recommend Feed if you like that.

Feed is on my tbr list for 2013 :) I also really want to read the zombie themed book, World War Z, by Max Brooks before the movie comes out next year (mmmm Brad Pitt :love: )

Zib 12-07-2012 09:24 AM

I loved Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

Even tho I'm 60, every summer I sign up for the summer reading program at Sync YA Literature into Your Earphones They are audio books that download into Overdrive, the same program most libraries use, and they are all free. They pair a contemporary YA book with a classic, and my favorite pairing was "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" (child who does not fit in) and "Does My Head Look Big in This?" about a teen girl in Australia who decides to wear the hijab to school.

I'm usually reading a DTB from the library, listening to an audio book, and reading on my Nook, so generally have at least 3 books going at a time.

calichris 12-08-2012 10:06 PM

ooh! Book chat! :) :) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16120856)
Don't get me started, this could be a very long post :rofl:

Here's my favorite YA reads of this year-

1. Paper Towns by John Green (realistic fiction)

2. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter-she's a well known adult pnr author and I don't care for her adult books, but loved this one. I'm a HUGE zombie fan though :love: (paranormal/zombie)

3. Dearly Departed by Lia Habel (another zombie book)

4. and 5. The Space Between and The Replacement both by Brenna Yovanoff-both are singles, and she's one of my new favorite authors! (horror)

6. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen (realistic fiction)

7. and 8. Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth (dystopia)

9. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh (horror/pnr)

10. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (dystopia)-LOVED this one!

11. 12. and 13. Maze Runner Trilogy-The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure by James Dashner (dystopia)

14. Croak by Gina Damico (horror/paranormal)

15. Angelfall by Susan Ee (dystopia/paranormal) MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK THIS YEAR :love: :love:

16. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (paranormal)

17. and 18. Obsidian and Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout (pnr)

19. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (fantasy)

20. and 21. The Gates and The Infernals by John Connolly (humor/horror)

22. Hollowland by Amanda Hocking (zombies/post-apocalyptic)

23. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (paranormal)

24. Cinder by Marissa Meyers (Cinderella re-telling, cyborg Cinderella :D)

I've read one of Nesbo's other books-will have to look into Snowman!

How fun to come across book discussion on the JUDDD board :D I'm an English teacher (grades 7, 8, 9, 10) and so I'm always looking for good YA suggestions, and I love to read them myself! But between book club and the reading/rereading I need to do constantly to prepare for my four grade levels, I don't read as many as I'd like to. I haven't read that many on this list. I loved Hunger Games series and enjoyed Divergent. I like dystopia too ... have you read Uglies by Scott Westerfeld?

I'm going to put a bunch of these books on my library list! Thanks :)

I also really liked the three Girl with a Dragon Tattoo books!

mom23kids 12-09-2012 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16125795)
How fun to come across book discussion on the JUDDD board :D I'm an English teacher (grades 7, 8, 9, 10) and so I'm always looking for good YA suggestions, and I love to read them myself! But between book club and the reading/rereading I need to do constantly to prepare for my four grade levels, I don't read as many as I'd like to. I haven't read that many on this list. I loved Hunger Games series and enjoyed Divergent. I like dystopia too ... have you read Uglies by Scott Westerfeld?

I'm going to put a bunch of these books on my library list! Thanks :)

I also really liked the three Girl with a Dragon Tattoo books!

I haven't read the Uglies yet, another one on my tbr list :)

Librarygirl 12-09-2012 05:25 AM

I finished the first tattoo book and bought Angelfall yesterday. Thanks, Sara. I am enjoying it, and it was cheap! :D It's pretty short too, and I will probably finish it today.

Yes, Chris, my favorite subject: books!! :) Have you noticed my xmas tree is made of books? :)

I need to write a review of the Lisa Gardner book sometime today...even though I love being a reviewer for LJ, and of course I love reading (and the free books!), I still procrastinate on my reviews like I'm still in school or something, lol. It's due Tuesday.