Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmplifiedHeart
Stats: 420-440ish/408/200
WOE: High fat-Low carb-Moderate protein
Start Date: Nov 26th, 2012
Breakfast-3 scrambled eggs and two pieces of ham
lunch-2 hamburger patties with some pork rinds on the side
dinner- tilapia and onions with some mayo on the side, some stir fried veggies and some lettuce
snack- two pieces of ham

dinnerfood.jpg
uhh..it started out as tilapia fillets but I made the mistake of trying to move them too soon and they broke on me. So I said what the hell, might as well just crumble them all, and that was the result.... Didn't taste bad though lol

Last edited by AmplifiedHeart; 01-22-2013 at 09:18 PM..
AmplifiedHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
You meal looks yummy! You are well on your way to better health, KUTGW!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys! Happy Wednesday! I am excited yet really scared at the same time because my mother in law got me and my boyfriend a gym membership today! I am excited because this is a great opportunity to help me get in shape and lose the weight in addition to eating healthy but I am also nervous about working out in front of so many other people. The gym is open 24 hours so I think I may start going at night until I get use to it. I'm thinking of going tonight actually , hopefully there wont be many people there. I am also afraid that I may be too heavy for some of the machines there. That has happened to me before with a treadmill, I was so heavy that the treadmill belt thing wouldn't move while I was on it. Same thing happened to my boyfriend at a gym. They do have a pool so if all else fails I guess I could do a few laps in there lol. I just hope that I don't let other peoples reaction of me ruin my time there...I am known for caring too much about what other people think of me.. I am working on it though! I will push myself to do this! I am doing it for me and for no one else. I am trying to better myself so if anyone has anything to say about that than screw them, at least this is the attitude that I am trying to have when I walk in the door...
Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
You meal looks yummy! You are well on your way to better health, KUTGW!

thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is it Co-Ed where your boyfriend could go with you and workout at the same time? If not try the recumbent bike and put the seat all the way back.

You should be so proud of yourself for going and like you said "screww" what others think. You are getting you're health back and if they don't understand it than so what.

We all have a tendacy to wonder what others think but don't let that deter you this time because you are on the right track.

You go girl!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Is it Co-Ed where your boyfriend could go with you and workout at the same time? If not try the recumbent bike and put the seat all the way back.

You should be so proud of yourself for going and like you said "screww" what others think. You are getting you're health back and if they don't understand it than so what.

We all have a tendacy to wonder what others think but don't let that deter you this time because you are on the right track.

You go girl!
Thanks Maggie! Yup it is a Co-Ed gym, me and my bf will be going together. I will try my hardest to focus on my goals and not let anything or anyone deter me. I need to keep repeating this in my head, it will eventually sink in .
Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #127
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
you CAN DO THIS!!!! I know how you feel about what others may think, but you can and will get past it. They will be thinking, how wonderful it is that you are there. I know it..

Enjoy!! Exercise is a great release!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
you CAN DO THIS!!!! I know how you feel about what others may think, but you can and will get past it. They will be thinking, how wonderful it is that you are there. I know it..

Enjoy!! Exercise is a great release!!
Thanks deb!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Breakfast-two scrambled eggs with two pieces of ham
lunch- two hamburger patties with sour cream on top and some pork rinds on the side
Snack- two egg omelet with ham and spinach, topped with sour cream and salsa
Dinner-beef and veggie stir fry and two scrambled eggs topped with sour cream and salsa
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #130

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
You're doing so well...KUTGW!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Shari!

So today I completely made a fool of myself. lol. Ok so at the gym that I signed up at they give you one free session to meet with a personal trainer. The session is just a way for them to get to know what kind of exercise you should be doing for the goals that you want to meet. I was suppose to meet with the lady today at 7pm. Well around 1pm the lady called me to remind me of our appointment and she told me what we would be doing when I arrived. She said that she would be talking to me about a few things and that we would also be doing a few exercises on the floor. That last part terrified me... Now I wasn't sure if when she said the word floor , if she was just talking about working on some of the machines on the general gym floor area or if she actually meant that we would be on the ground doing some exercises .. That last one wouldn't be too far fetched either because when I took a tour of the gym yesterday I did see an area where people were working out on the floor with work out balls and stuff. Thinking that I would be exposed like that started to produce a lot of anxiety for me so I started acting all weird on the phone with the lady and I asked her if I would be able to do the exercises in a different area where too many people weren't around. I also asked her if my bf could sit in with us as that would make me feel a lot more comfortable.

At first she was hesitant but then she agreed. We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone. I have a tendency to over think things so I started thinking about how much of a weirdo I must have sounded like and that made me even more anxious... The lady did sound like she didn't completely understand where I was coming from, and frankly how could she, she doesn't know me or know my reasons behind doing the things that I do
I decided that this was all becoming too overwhelming for me and that I needed to cancel the appointment. I kept thinking how awkward I would feel if I went. I felt like I was taking things too fast and that I needed to do it when I felt comfortable enough. So I decided to call her back a few minutes later and tell her that I was canceling on her. She asked the reason why and I told her that I wanted to explore things on my own. She pushed again and told me how she really wanted to meet with me because the lady that I had talked to yesterday told her that I was a beginner and that I really needed some guidance on how to do an exercise regimen.

So I ended up telling her the truth. I told her about my weight and my anxiety to be at the gym. I told her that the whole situation was nerve wrecking for me. I told her that it was stupid of me to make the appointment at 7pm anyway, not realizing that is probably a busy time at the gym. Guess what? She completely understood where I was coming from! She even said that we can go into a different area away from others while she works with me. She was very nice once I let her know what was really going on. She even rescheduled with me for tomorrow at 6:30am, she said they aren't very busy around that time.. I thanked her for being so understanding and we hung up the phone. I feel more at ease now. Still a bit anxious but better.. Wish me luck tomorrow. Going to the gym is a huge step for me. There are a lot of people that are only around 30 to 50 pounds overweight yet they still cant step foot in a gym because they are ashamed. I see it all the time. Imagine being over 400lbs and taking that step. I am so scared but I am going to face my fears. I cant keep letting other peoples opinions of me hold me back. I have done that for far too long. One fear WILL be faced head on tomorrow whether I like it or not....

Last edited by AmplifiedHeart; 01-24-2013 at 08:29 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Breakfast- two eggs,two pieces of ham
snack-3 pieces of chicken breast lunch meat
lunch- 3 bratwurst
dinner- ground turkey and tomato sauce over pan fried cauliflower (looks meh, surprisingly delicious substitute for meat sauce and pasta or meat sauce over rice)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg faux spaghetti.jpg (11.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by AmplifiedHeart; 01-24-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #133

That is AWESOME!!! GO ROSZINA!! Girl you can do this, and it will be a bit overwhelming, but to have an understanding trainer is fantastic!!! Can't wait to hear about your day.. Good luck!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 AM   #134

I'm glad you opened up to her so she could understand your anxiety and work around it so that you feel more comfortable Hope it went well this morning. Good eats...you're on a roll!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #135
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
I'm glad she was so understanding! That's awesome!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am smiling from ear to ear as I read this. YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!! You faced your anxiety and fear head on and didn't allow it to rule over you. I am so inspired by your strength and I know you will be shedding those pounds in no time. Negative self talk sabotages me every time and I need to put it in it's place and that is out of my head because I NEVER reach my goals and I am tired of it and it sounds like you are too! So excited to hear about your venture in the gym, you are well on your way to better health.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys! It went very well this morning actually. The trainer was great! We did a few exercises so that she could see where I was at with my strength and then we made a regimen for the month. She reminded me that in addition to exercise I needed to eat healthy. I told her of course. She recommended that I eat according to the food pyramid. I think she said like 40 or 50% of my diet should be carbs .... uh...no. lol absolutely not. When I told her that I was low carbing she looked shocked. Lol.
All in all my time at the gym was splendid. There were only about 15 people or so there and once I pretty much realized that most people were concerned with their workouts and not me I felt much more comfortable and at ease. I ended up doing 30 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the bike!

Last edited by AmplifiedHeart; 01-25-2013 at 10:06 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am smiling from ear to ear as I read this. YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!! You faced your anxiety and fear head on and didn't allow it to rule over you. I am so inspired by your strength and I know you will be shedding those pounds in no time. Negative self talk sabotages me every time and I need to put it in it's place and that is out of my head because I NEVER reach my goals and I am tired of it and it sounds like you are too! So excited to hear about your venture in the gym, you are well on your way to better health.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Aww thanks maggie. Never say never.. you will reach your goals and then some! You can do it! All of us can!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Breakfast-two eggs and two small pieces of steak
Snack- three slices of deli meat
Lunch- two and a half bratwurst,two eggs and some frozen veggies
Dinner-steak stir fry with frozen veggies
Old 01-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys! Today was a great day. Got my workout in at the gym and I am feeling good. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Breakfast-two scrambled eggs and two slices of ham
lunch- vegetable stir fry with sausage and eggs
Dinner- Stuffed peppers. I used ground turkey with onions and a little bit of beans in the mix. topped it off with some shredded cheese, delicious.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stuffed peppers.jpg (6.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-27-2013, 03:59 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

your pictures of your meals, they look good!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Thanks. This was my breakfast for today . It was the leftover filling from the stuffed peppers. I mixed it with some scrambled eggs.
Lunch- Ground beef and vegetable chili. The frozen veggie pack that I used had beans in it also.
Snack- bowl of oatmeal with way more sugar that I needed, butter and almond milk
Dinner- two chicken thighs and some re fried beans on the side
OK so for the past week or two I have been eating very little carbs. Probably around 20-30g or so. Well ever since I started going to the gym I decided that I would up my carbs a bit because I was now exercising and being more active. Now the only carbs that I included in my diet was beans. I started slow, eating a small bowl of chili with beans in it the day before yesterday. It didn't seem to bother me because the serving that I had was fairly small. Well today I had another bowl of chili and beans with a lot of frozen vegetables thrown in the mix, including carrots. The carrots tasted pretty sweet. About an hour or two later after eating that I felt like I was starving to death! I went downstairs to find something to satisfy the intense hunger that I was feeling. I ate a piece of ham but that didn't do anything. I Was craving carbs! I was like a drug addict looking for a fix. Searching all through the cabinets trying to find something to satisfy me.
I gave in and ate a bowl of oatmeal. I used a lot of brown sugar in it too.
I was still kind of hungry even after that. I slipped up but I didn't binge so that is a positive thing. Usually I just say f it and start eating every and anything because I feel so bad about what I done. Not this time. It just reinforces my belief that I am truly a carb addict and I need to stay away from carbs. Everytime I try to add a little bit of even healthy carbs back in my woe it turns into a disaster. I just cant do it. I need to abstain from these foods. Period. Healthy carbs or not, my body treats them all the same. Low carb is the only thing that has ever worked for me . Going back to 20-30g tomorrow and those will come from very low carb veggies like spinach and cauliflower. No carrots either!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg breakfast.jpg (11.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by AmplifiedHeart; 01-27-2013 at 08:14 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #143
I'm his Princess

Good Morning! Yay for you following through with the trainer! I'm starting to enjoy the gym (zumba/step aerobics) classes. I'm not a machine type person but those get me moving.

Your menu looks good!!!! Hope you have a great day!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #144

I'm the same way. It's tricky trying to determine how high in carbs you can go w/o going into a binge. I think it's also the type of carbs that can create cravings but it's different for everyone. Congrats on continuing to exercise and not saying "f it" and giving up!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies! Dedicated the zumba classes look so fun! They do them at the gym I am going to but I been to one yet. Im scared to go in there and embarrass myself lol. I heard they GET DOWN in zumba! lol My mom went to one before and she said that she couldn't keep up lol. I think they have different types of classes though im not sure.

Aint that the truth Shari. I think I need to stay on the Atkins induction phase for the rest of my life lol. I don't think there is any upping carbs for me. Every time I try, it turns out bad. The cravings become unbearable and I just give in. Thanks for the support! Night everyone!

breakfast-1 egg and 4 sausage links
lunch-ground beef with onion and peppers and tomato sauce over some lettuce
snack-pork rinds
Dinner- buffalo chicken salad

Last edited by AmplifiedHeart; 01-28-2013 at 10:04 PM..
Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #146

You are doing fine Roszina. You picked yourself up, no binge, and continued on! That is progress!!!! Have a wonderful day, and someday, give Zumba a try, I love it!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #147
I'm his Princess

Yeah most zumba classes allow you to go at your own pace. It's a fun way to workout.

Hope you had a great day!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

me some Zumba as well, it does a body good.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Hey all. I forgot to post yesterday before I went to bed. I was beat! long day.
Today there isn't much to write about my meal plan. I only had one meal. I don't understand. Neither me or my boyfriend were hungry today. We usually eat breakfast before we go to the gym but today since we were running a little late, we decided to switch things up and eat breakfast when we got back home from the gym. That didn't work out as we had no appetite at all. A few hours later we ended up eating a buffalo chicken salad that I made. When the time came for dinner, again, we still had no appetite. I am not hungry at all right now and neither is he. weird. I am guessing it has something to do with not eating before our workout? idk. Im not complaining, just curious lol usually we anticipate meals!

food for today-pork rind breaded chicken breast over iceberg lettuce with franks hot sauce and blue cheese dressing
Old 01-31-2013, 05:13 AM   #150

It is VERY NORMAL on LC.. so congratulations on hitting the no hunger zone!!..

I think as you get smaller and smaller you will get an increase in appetite when you workout, but for now, listen to your body! It is using your own fat stores for energy and that is what we all want! Good for you guys!!