Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmplifiedHeart
Stats: 420-440ish/408/200
WOE: High fat-Low carb-Moderate protein
Start Date: Nov 26th, 2012
I'm not sure how to post pics without using a link that people have to click. Can anyone help me out with this if you know? I just want the picture to show right in the post. Thanks.

nvm my boyfriend helped me figure it out

Today was a good day. Despite being insulted by a resident at clinical, it was still a good day. One of the seniors that we were looking after took one look at me and said "your too skinny, you need to gain weight". Of course he was being sarcastic as I'm well over 400lbs. It didn't really hurt me it just kind of embarrassed me because other people were in the room when he said it. He is very old though and I can't really get mad at him. The nurse that was in the room just kept apologizing on his behalf lol. I have actually been expecting something like this to happen ever since I started clinical. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone commented on my weight. I guess I was prepared for it. Until today though all of the residents that I have met have been very pleasant. I'm enjoying this experience.

Last edited by AmplifiedHeart; 12-06-2012 at 06:50 PM..
AmplifiedHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
You're doing so amazingly well!
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Breakfast - omelet with shredded cheese, spinach, tomato, green peppers and sausage. Topped with sour cream and salsa.
Lunch - three salmon cakes and a side salad with blue cheese dressing.
Dinner - rotisserie chicken salad
Old 12-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

I binged today. I fell off the Wagon. I knew it was coming. I have been having a tough time for the past two or three days. Been craving everything that is bad for me. So today I lost Control. I'm embarrassed to admit it and I'm disappointed in myself a bit. But it happens. I have been binging for years and to think I will just stop cold turkey one day is, idk, maybe wishful thinking. We all mess up. Nobody said that this road will be easy. This is the toughest thing I will ever have to do. But I'm going to do it. I'm going to pick myself up and start again. I'm not going to dwell on it. I made a mistake. I'm not perfect. I have a problem with food that will not be solved in a few days. I have to work at this every single day, even when I have reached my goal weight. I will struggle with food for the rest of my life but I won't let it ruin my life. I will never stop trying.

Breakfast - smoked sausage
Lunch-Mc Donalds. One Mc double and one Mc chicken
Snack-chocolate chip cookies and kettle chips
Dinner-chicken tenders and french fries

Once I had the Mc Donalds I just kept going. I got the "I already screwed up attitude so I might as well keep going".

I had been craving this stuff for awhile but today when my stove broke that just gave me an excuse to binge. There was nothing I could make at home so I had no choice but to eat out. That was just an excuse though. I could have damn well bought a roasted chicken or something. I had plenty of options but I used that as an excuse to eat crap. I knew what I was doing. I sabotaged myself. The carbs already started taking a toll on me physically. I feel dizzy and lethargic.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Weekends are tough. It's easy to get off track when you don't have the structure and business of a work day.

So you fell off the wagon. It's only one day out of many. You put some water weight on, for sure, but it'll come back off in a few days. Just drink a lot of water and be happy every time you pee over the next few days-- that's the water weight jump coming back off.

One thing that might help you keep going is weekly weighing. You'll soon be at a low enough weight to be able to buy an affordable scale, but until then is there somewhere you can go once a week for a weigh-in? I mention this because I KNOW your current weight is not 450 anymore. And for you to see some progress would be really motivating-- I know it keeps me going and helps me to to say "no!" when I am wavering.

Hang in there!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpikersMom
Stats: 180/157/140
WOE: Atkins and primal
Start Date: restart in November 2013
Don't worry about falling off the wagon. Life happens!! Just get yourself right back on it! You're doing really good. Please don't beat yourself up too much about this.
SpikersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhbyrd
Stats: 235/185/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
To you!! You are doing great and trust me WE ALL fall off the wagon at sometime but the key is to get right back at it!! You are doing great KUTGW!!! I also eat pork rinds and cream cheese or swiss cheese (laughing cow triangles)!!! Keep posting and it will help keep you on track!!!
jhbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #68
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Hi Roszina! I'm Cletra but everyone calls me Cle Nice to meet you!!! I ran across your journal and wanted to post! Keep your head up! You're brave for putting your feelings out there and don't let these people sway you! Keep fighting for you!!!!

This is my millionth time on low carb.....it feels like it...lost weight got down to my goal size then I've gained about 150 lbs....soooooo I'm back and trying it one more time...I'm going to post for accountability...but you've encouraged me to keep going!!!!!

TTYS!
Phil 1:21 For me to live is Christ [His life in me], and to die is gain [the gain of the glory of eternity] Amplified

Fataholic on a Mission!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all of the love guys. I'm back on the Wagon. Didn't post my meal for yesterday so here goes...

Breakfast - omelet with two pieces of ham steak. Cup or diet cran pomegranate juice.
Lunch-nothing
Dinner - chicken legs with mashed cauliflower. Half of Avocado on the side. Water.

I didn't skip lunch on purpose it just happened lol. I was busy yesterday and Before I knew it it was dinner time.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

YAY! You're back! You are so strong to be right back on plan!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Hi Roszina! I'm Cletra but everyone calls me Cle Nice to meet you!!! I ran across your journal and wanted to post! Keep your head up! You're brave for putting your feelings out there and don't let these people sway you! Keep fighting for you!!!!

This is my millionth time on low carb.....it feels like it...lost weight got down to my goal size then I've gained about 150 lbs....soooooo I'm back and trying it one more time...I'm going to post for accountability...but you've encouraged me to keep going!!!!!

TTYS!
Nice to meet you cle and thanks for the support!

Girl I know what you mean. Did low carb once before, lost a lot of weight then put it back on. We just have to keep trying. THIS TIME IS OUR TIME. We will not only lose and reach goal but we will maintain!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbyrd View Post
To you!! You are doing great and trust me WE ALL fall off the wagon at sometime but the key is to get right back at it!! You are doing great KUTGW!!! I also eat pork rinds and cream cheese or swiss cheese (laughing cow triangles)!!! Keep posting and it will help keep you on track!!!
Isn't it good? Lol. And I love laughing cow cheese.
Thanks for the encouragement jhbyrd!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
YAY! You're back! You are so strong to be right back on plan!
Thanks Ann! Oh and I was actually able to weigh myself at the nursing home that I'm doing clinicals at. The scale said 408. So I must have not weighed as much as I thought I did when I started. Cause there is no way I lost 40lbs in two weeks. Thing is though I stopped weighing myself when I got around to 420lbs because the scale that I had wouldn't go up higher than that. That was months ago and I was eating like a pig up until two weeks ago so I assumed that I had to be around 450 give or take 10lbs. I was binging all the time. I couldn't fit in any of my old clothes anymore. Couldn't fit into lane Bryants clothes or the clothes at the Avenue so I assumed I was at my highest again. Whatever the case my be I'm just glad that I'm only eight pounds away from being in the 3's. I know that I lost atleast 12lbs already so that's great. And I need to invest in a scale....

Last edited by AmplifiedHeart; 12-10-2012 at 04:59 PM..
Old 12-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Well, put your new weight in your stats! And CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #75
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmplifiedHeart View Post
Thanks Ann! Oh and I was actually able to weigh myself at the nursing home that I'm doing clinicals at. The scale said 408. So I must have not weighed as much as I thought I did when I started. Cause there is no way I lost 40lbs in two weeks. Thing is though I stopped weighing myself when I got around to 420lbs because the scale that I had wouldn't go up higher than that. That was months ago and I was eating like a pig up until two weeks ago so I assumed that I had to be around 450 give or take 10lbs. I was binging all the time. I couldn't fit in any of my old clothes anymore. Couldn't fit into lane Bryants clothes or the clothes at the Avenue so I assumed I was at my highest again. Whatever the case my be I'm just glad that I'm only eight pounds away from being in the 3's. I know that I lost atleast 12lbs already so that's great. And I need to invest in a scale....
Good stuff!!! Keep it up!!!! Yes invest in a scale!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Breakfast - nothing
Lunch - four chicken drumsticks and a side salad with blue cheese
Dinner-Omg! Mock and cheese cauliflower, sooooo goooood.
And Homeade chicken nuggets breaded with crushed pork rinds. This meal was excellent. Will post pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mocktatoes.jpg (51.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by AmplifiedHeart; 12-10-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #77
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Roszina!! WOW.. you got right back on the horse and look at you! What a wonderful loss so far! Congrats girl, you are on your way to the 3's
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Look at those new stats!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #79
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Breakfast - nothing
Lunch - four chicken drumsticks and a side salad with blue cheese
Dinner-Omg! Mock and cheese cauliflower, sooooo goooood.
And Homeade chicken nuggets breaded with crushed pork rinds. This meal was excellent. Will post pics.
How'd you make the mock and cheese cauli?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #80
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Roszina, you're doing so well!! Congrats on the loss!! I love your attitude, nothing's stopping you. That mock mac-n-cheese looks delish!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
How'd you make the mock and cheese cauli?
Got the recipe off this site

This is the recipe but I tweaked it to my liking. I didn't boil the cauliflower first I just put it straight in the oven. When it was done the cauliflower was a bit crunchy but that is how I like it. If you like yours softer than boil the cauliflower first for a few minutes before putting it in the oven. I also used more heavy whipping cream than the recipe called for. Came out delicious. Oh and I added some chopped onion to it too.
I didn't use frozen cauliflower either. I used fresh. Oh and I didn't sprinkle parmesan on it either. That was unnecessary and it tasted good as is. I also chopped up my cauliflower a bit, stems and all into smaller pieces. If you boil your cauliflower first, make sure you pat it dry with a paper towel or something or else your finished product will be too watery.
1 bag frozen cauliflower, cooked (15.2) 3 oz cream cheese (3) 2 T heavy cream (.8) 1 cup shredded cheddar

Preheat oven 350. Pour little cream in bottom of baking dish and add handful of cheddar. Place cream, cream cheese and remaining cheese in microwave safe dish and microwave until all can be stirred together easily. Pour drained cauliflower into baking dish (while cauliflower still hot). Pour cheese mixture over and stir well to mix. Sprinkle some Parmesan over top. Bake 35 min; allow to stand few minutes. (19.6 - serves 4 @ 4.9 - as a side dish)

Last edited by AmplifiedHeart; 12-11-2012 at 08:20 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Roszina, you're doing so well!! Congrats on the loss!! I love your attitude, nothing's stopping you. That mock mac-n-cheese looks delish!!
Thanks Shari!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Roszina!! WOW.. you got right back on the horse and look at you! What a wonderful loss so far! Congrats girl, you are on your way to the 3's
Woot wooot Thanks deb. Now just 200+more to go!! Lol. I'll get there.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Breakfast - two scrambled eggs, six Homemade chicken nuggets from yesterday's leftovers, and a little bit of cauliflower mock and cheese. I love it when I have left overs lol. Cup of cran pomegranate juice.
Lunch-two hamburgers topped with cheddar cheese, avocado, tomato and mayo. Water
Dinner - more mock and cheese! With a steak and veggie stir fry. And half of Avocado on the side. Water.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #85
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Got the recipe off this site

This is the recipe but I tweaked it to my liking. I didn't boil the cauliflower first I just put it straight in the oven. When it was done the cauliflower was a bit crunchy but that is how I like it. If you like yours softer than boil the cauliflower first for a few minutes before putting it in the oven. I also used more heavy whipping cream than the recipe called for. Came out delicious. Oh and I added some chopped onion to it too.
I didn't use frozen cauliflower either. I used fresh. Oh and I didn't sprinkle parmesan on it either. That was unnecessary and it tasted good as is. I also chopped up my cauliflower a bit, stems and all into smaller pieces. If you boil your cauliflower first, make sure you pat it dry with a paper towel or something or else your finished product will be too watery.
1 bag frozen cauliflower, cooked (15.2) 3 oz cream cheese (3) 2 T heavy cream (.8) 1 cup shredded cheddar

Preheat oven 350. Pour little cream in bottom of baking dish and add handful of cheddar. Place cream, cream cheese and remaining cheese in microwave safe dish and microwave until all can be stirred together easily. Pour drained cauliflower into baking dish (while cauliflower still hot). Pour cheese mixture over and stir well to mix. Sprinkle some Parmesan over top. Bake 35 min; allow to stand few minutes. (19.6 - serves 4 @ 4.9 - as a side dish)

LOL!!! Thanks! Maybe over the weekend I will try it. The atkins frozen meals have been saving me though!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
LOL!!! Thanks! Maybe over the weekend I will try it. The atkins frozen meals have been saving me though!!!
That is the one thing about this woe that can be sooooo hard! Very few convenience food options! Sometimes I just can't face cooking. I need to do some hunting around for the frozen meals-- it'd be great to have a few in the freezer!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #87
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
That is the one thing about this woe that can be sooooo hard! Very few convenience food options! Sometimes I just can't face cooking. I need to do some hunting around for the frozen meals-- it'd be great to have a few in the freezer!
Yessssssss!!!! I hate cooking!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #88
I'm his Princess

Hi Roszina!!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone. It's been hectic the last few days but I'm still on plan. Going strong. I'm done with the cna course and now I'm just waiting to take the boards. It kind of sucks being at home with nothing to do but I'm going to try and find something to keep me busy until I get a job. I plan on applying to a local community college for fall 2013 to start my nursing prerequisites. I really want to be a registered nurse and being a cna will give me a lot of experience within the field.

Breakfast - omelet with shredded cheese, spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes topped with sour cream and salsa.
Lunch-shredded pork with a side salad
Dinner - same as lunch plus an avocado
Old 12-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Hi Roszina! Congrats on finishing the course! And on staying on plan!