LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
A Patchwork quilt in process

I have decided to start a journal of my weight loss and it came to me as this is like a quilt I am sewing that is being pieced together....Each square is sewed with lots of pieces of colors to make a design into a beautiful quilt...It takes time to cut each piece of material just right to make the design I have chosen to make and sew to keep the quilt together...As the design is born I see the beauty of the final moment.. ....it is finished and waits for someone to wrap their body in for warmth.

This is the beginning of my journey to loss ...I have been here before and I know that LC is the only way for me....I started this week and have felt so good again...Even though it is time for the holidays I am still going to stay on track as best I can....Thanksgiving is planned for just DH and myself so will be alot easier without alot of baking goodies....Christmas is around the corner and family coming from my home in Texas...Must do the goodies for all of them but will need to add the ones I need to keep on my plan....

Well my name is Mary and I am a Texas gal that lives in AZ somewhere...with my DH dude...I dont call him a cowboy but a dude...I am going to be 62 soon and I want to be healthier next year than I am this one...so now I am going to start that journey today.... More about me as I write in my journal ...

Wecome all that come to visit....love company.....

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 216 214 212 210 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
ladyinlove56 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

I stared this journey afew days ago so now I am on my way.
My weight ( which I hate the scales so I dont weigh each day) was 238...highest I have ever been in my live...So I knew I needed to start moving those pounds back the right direction and stay on track
I have started with drinking lots of ice water with slices of cucumbers that seem to make it taste refreshing...I am not a water drinker....
I love my ice tea with sweet and low and I will not give that up...
Most of all my meals will be with no flour and sugar....I only use real foods to cook with...
I use to power walk each day and when I moved from my Texas home out to my new home with my new DH somewhere in AZ...I found it toooooo hot to walk outside...so I know that I began to gain my weight right then...Now I will learn to walk on the threadmill little by little ....I also do exercises in our pool when summer is here....I do love that now that I am home all day..
I have started working on many projects now so I will keep my hands busy...Quilts
I love reading on my kindle so that means I have to make time for reading while I am moving on the threadmill lol
I will weigh on the scales but not each day because it can make you feel high in the clouds one day and down in the dumps the next even when we know we have been good...
So for now I here to start..

Monday...I started at 238
Tuesday I was at 232.4
Now today I am at 233,8 mmmmmm see how it goes
But I will continue on... I am here to loss this weight for the final time and keep it off...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 11-21-2012 at 09:50 AM..
Old 11-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Have been working on my journal this morning that I have photos, cartoons, sayings and just anythink I like to put in to keep me on my weight plan...
Thanksgiving Day will just be my DH and I this year. He is off for the 4 day weekend.

Meal... Turkey grilled round and round of the grill...Rotessery
Baked sweet potatoes in microwave topped with buttper only...salt and pepper
Summer squash steamed with butter then topped with Vegetable garden cream
cheese
Green salad with ranch dressing....french onionrings on top

Well we will have a nice day anyway.....Movies at home....maybe go out to the Movies..

Hope everyone has a nice meal and fun with there family on Thanksgiving.....I know for myself I have lots to be thankful for this year....hope you do toooo

Dessert.... Not sure.....diet jello or LC ice cream... Dream of a slice of pumpkin pie.
I am not baking for my Oven is out of order....DH haven't to fix or new this weekend...
Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gello5440
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins
Start Date: October 2010
Hi Mary. Just stopped by to say Happy Thanksgiving. And best of luck with your weight loss. I love your 'folksy' writing style for your journal.
gello5440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks gello.....that was cute..."folksy" ..I think I am just still a country gal that lives in a big city now....I talk with my southern draw....lol...
Happy Thanksgiving to you too...
Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

My Story.........I was sitting here tonight thinking about the holidays for I love them so much but so many memories come with them for me....I believe that is why I have been up and down in my weight over the years because of stress, losses and the needs of others I love that had to be met....I would lose and gain and gain and lose.. I have never been the one to just sit and over eat at meals but just ate the wrong food with all the calories....l am from Texas where the Chicken Fried Steak was the meal....and not the little size plates....
But as a country gal I was never a rolypoly girl for we stayed busy outside playing and then in school I played sports all thru school...Volleyball...have to move for that one....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 11-21-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Continued from my life story....
After HS I married and became a military wife ....became a mother and started the moving...
After 17years I lost my DH to a massive heart attack right in front of me...My first love was gone....so my life started on a new path....My weight was up and down ....
Then I met my 2nd DH that I went to school with and never knew all thur our school years he cared for me...So I began my new life journey again...my son was 16...and left for the Navy when he graduated....I was healing and feeling good about myself..weight was coming down and then at 38 I had a new baby...my sons were 20 years apart....It was great...my DH had never been married and no children...we were a happy family....then after 10 years...my DH went to visit the doctor and was told he had 2 months to live...He had a brain tumor in stage 4.....He passed one year later....now the weight had come on by stress...and sitting for hours and days with him....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 11-21-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

After afew years the computer entered our home and some how a man came into my life....We met and married after 7 years of up and downs parted as friends as much as you can thur a peaceful divorce.....He was a professional chef...but for some reason I did alot of cooking...mmmm weight was up and down ...stress is not your friend....I finally started a peaceful and full life with my sons and grandsons...no girls..wow..I started power walking lots and I felt healthy and mentally at peace....then one day I ask God...why did I have to go thru all of this...I wanted life...God heard my cry and answered with the most precious man and that is were I am today...and a grand daughter ....yes I am happy but have added some pounds that need to be gone....Lots more in between the years when you have children but God is in control of that.... So here I am now starting again to be healthy....and this is why I wrote this for me..

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 11-21-2012 at 08:24 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

My DH is my wonderful partner in this weight loss journey for me...He is working on his weight too but not with LC...but eats everything I fix...just adds alittle of something to his meal sometimes...lol....

This is my time to finally get healthy and be happy at the same time...I know that life will have it little turns for I am getting older and our family is getting larger and things in life start to happen but I will be able to deal with it when this weight is gone so I will take one day at a time now and work on my meal plan and exercise and let the stress take a back seat for today....
Old 11-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muffles
Stats: 112.2/106.7/65kg
WOE: leptin reset , OA
Start Date: 11/11/13
What a beautiful way of describing your weight loss journey. I look forward to seeing your quilt take shape!
muffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Well my day has stared with my sister putting something about our precious mother we lost last year on my FB so it did make me cry but today will be a day of happy memories for she is always in my heart....
DH has turkey on the grill, the rest will be ready at lunch time....
Football for us here...Even though I live in AZ I still watch my Texas football
Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys both today...
Ready with some LC snacks if needed .....
Going to have a wonderful day.....
Old 11-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Proud of myself...no sugar or flour for Thanksgiving Day...the first holiday without any sweets...wow...Had some SF jello but didnt even touch it.....DHs turkey was so good off the grill....will have today again....
My sister called and told me she and her husband have started losing their weight now on LC..our next goal is Christmas..

Well this morning the house is looking like Christmas...Lots of boxes now to put away...so I can continue sewing my grandsons Christmas storybooks...Keeping my hands busy...lol
Old 11-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Fixing to get ready for a B-party for a friend...I am taking the squash casserole since I dont know what is being served...but it will go with anything I guess...Planning to be careful with my food...lots of good conversation will be nice...

Taking a break from Christmas decorating that I started early this morning...
Went to Walmart ...lol...wow got some execising just dashing around all the customers there for the Black Friday sales....I purchased what I needed and alittle more...but made it out of the store safely...I was in the grocery side when I had just remembered that I had not had anything to eat...wow and I wasnt hungry...So came home and made me a nice salad with leftover turkey .....ofcourse.... and felt great.... Way to go Mary ....
Old 11-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Had a great evening out at our friends B party...
Ate small portions of LC foods served and no dessert..
Passed on the mixed drink.

I find this journal writing really helps me see what I accomplish and it is a place I can be honest with myself. I don't weigh everyday for I know that the scales can be so up and down but I know that I can come here and write how I feel and report to myself how I see my body changing ....This is a good way to let stress of the day go...and not go and eat food to comfort me....
Old 11-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Wow had to stop and think of eating this morning....that is nice...not hungry but will make a good breakfast..
Eggs, topped with shredded cheese and alittle french onion rings..
Fresh Italian pork sausage patties..
Water with cucumber slices....

Spending the day decorating the house...DH is working on putting the lights on outside...
Have a good start but stop for a glass of Iced Tea and 2 alives lol Making all country style country this year....so will keep busy with looking thru the house for country things....

Supper will be light....still have turkey so maybe a hot sandwich for DH and salad for me...we will be tired later....so that is planned...

My journal is a good way to see what I have accomplished and what is in the future for each day....sure helps me keep my mind busy and my body moving more....

I will not report my loss for awhile so I will be shocked with joy when I do...but I am losing....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 11-24-2012 at 11:34 AM..
Old 11-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Too tired tonight to enjoy eating....so didn't
House is coming together with the decorating so will be able to slow down tomorrow and enjoy a good meal....It is starting to look like Christmas...Monday I want to get back to my sewing projects for Christmas.....
I am glad I started on my weight plan now early so I will feel good thru the holidays with family here...
I want to make some of my Christmas cards so I need to make time to do afew...Not sending alot out this year....
So I am keeping alot of projects going so it really helps me to stay on plan....
Old 11-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cammie
Stats: 262 / 245 / ?
WOE: Atkins
Hi Mary! I had to find your journal to tell you I love the quilt in your signature. I'm a quilter too and Christmas cards are up next on my sewing schedule!
cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Cammie....I have to say the quilt is not mine in the picture but I am working on a couple....I am an amish romance reader and I have some friends on a site I visit that make so many beautiful quilts....I did make one for my youngest grandson but it was easy...it is just made with Hot Wheels...lol....
I have so many projects going at once....I cross stitch on canvas, and scrapbook so that means making the greeting cards ....
Loved your square.....my sister and DH was stationed in Ireland years ago....and I was in England for afew years....
Thanks again

Come back anytime Cammie...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 11-25-2012 at 01:28 PM..
Old 11-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Football time so am sitting here with DH ready to watch ....I have my kindle ready with a book I am reading...DH wonders how I do that ....I said....I am a woman...we mulitask...lol
Bacon with garden vegetable creamcheese spead....
Some walnuts for snack while watching the game...
I love not being hungry but must be sure to eat to lose...
I have a large mug with (SANTA STOP HERE ) written on it filled with my water and cucumbers...

Have tenderzied pork chops for supper plans...
green salad....ranch dressing
Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Trimmed bushes out in front yard while DH finished up C lights.

Made a plate of the last of the turkey and a sm. baked sweet pot...
Drank lots of my water...
1/2 c. of walnuts for snack today...

I can feel my body is feeling the change in my eating plan now...I am not hungry and my stomach feels empty...but I know that I am eating good....the scales went down this morning so that was nice....but I will not get stressed out when it goes up again...unless I know that I am really the cause.....I dont take my measurements for I know when I get into the T shirt that says XL again that means I have loss...when my shoes are not tight I know that I have lost in my feet....I feel that I know my body without doing this...when my clothes start to feel loose, then fall off me I will know I have finished my quilt....right now I am still working on just one of the squares.....then thinking of the next one I want to add...
Old 11-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast...eggs, ham with alittle sweet onions and bell peppers...Mrs Dash...

Goal for today....Finish Christmas sewing projects...

House smells nice with cinnamon scents..

Feeling good today....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 11-26-2012 at 09:35 AM..
Old 11-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Supper....Tenderized pork cuts cooked in alittle bacon qrease, chopped sweet onion then add alittle frenchs spicy mustard, Mrs Dash, garlic powder and salt.
Steamed broccoli with a butter/garden veg...creamcheese sauce..
Shredded lettuce with sm. amt. lettuce.

Going to relax and watch....the Voice.....no snacking....
Another good day.....
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast ....eggs,sliced ham and sliced smoked cheese.....
Clothes are feeling alittle looser....yea.....

Going to take a break and enjoy reading on my kindle.....
Old 11-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

No lunch.... not hungry....still sewing for Christmas...
Supper ....grilled chicken with sage.......cabbage with tomatoes, yellow peppers and onions....
Snack....roasted peanuts....

Goal...keep drinking my water....
Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Went to library for books that I cant't get on my kindle....and books for DH....
Needed some walking exercise....get out of the house for awhile....
Getting use to being home everyday now but have to keep busy with projects most days...

Breakfast....leftover fake potatoes..I have to add butter and I use garden veg..creamcheese in it.. then I added some chopped ham/alittle onions...

Snack....beef jerky ...sm..amt...
No lunch....

Supper...grilled pork and green salad....ranch...
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Goal for the weekend....water and more water...
To get out of the 230.s
Old 12-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast: plate with layer of fresh spinach, chopped tomatoes, 3 eggs overeasy, topped with shredded cheddar, bacon on the side...

Lunch...No...

Drink water...water and more water.....

Dinner...maybe lg...ribeyes I bought for DH to grill....?????

Finishing up the decorating and putting all the emply boxes away now....clean up my sewing area ....Goal for today.....
Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast omelet with ham and creamcheese sauce .....
L..none
Dinner....ribeye steak, baked sweet potato/butter
No snacks
Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Up early this morning....DH took off work....Bad news...new oven needed...so maybe shopping for that today....

Goal...set a one day weigh in...
Drinking my water....

Making my list for LC baking for Christmas so I will be prepared......
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast....eggs,ham,cheese, sliced toms...
Lunch...none
Dinner....Mexican cheese casserole...LC / shredded lettuce

Stressful day...DH home not feeling well...
Have to look for new oven soon....
Checked out books on kindle about gluten free recipes....
Watched Dr. Oz about wheat belly