Old 12-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I lost another 2.6 pounds this week. This is a huge amounth since I am in the middle of my TOM. But I am under 200 pounds now! That is so awesome. Now lets see if I can keep it down this week.
I also fit into a lovely floating black dress I bought this summer. It was on sale, but it did not fit. I was to late returning it, and wanted to gift it to my little sister. But it now fits! So I have something new to wear to my husbands company dinner. ^^
Awesome job on the weight loss! Isn't is a wonderful feeling to be able to fit into something you have found at the back of your closet? Not to mention the money saving now you have a new dress to wear.

Quote:
My father called last night. He is diagnosed with a starting version of diabetus. His dokter asked him about his diet and told him that from now on he needed to cut out all potatoes and bread. That is going to be hard for him because he loves his potatoes.

I am going to give him a low carb cook book for his b-day. :-)

It does worry me tough, my mom is a diabetic too. This is probably a result from the chemo she had when she was treated for breast cancer. But if both my parents have it, we children are a risk too. So low carb it is, for life. No more evil sugar.
Sannie, look at some of the LC recipe sites online and also in the recipe room here. There are some great LC alternatives to potatoes and even LC recipes for bread. Getting rid of the sugar and starches can completely make a difference with your parent's diabetes. If they are eating food that is tasty and easy to make then they won't miss the high carb food.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Velvet
Stats: 220/193.8/ goal 150
WOE: Low Carb / dr. Frank
Start Date: okt 2012
Oh I forgot to mention, my parents are not together anymore. And altough my father is all for a new diet, my mom (and her new husband) are not that into unconventional diets) it is sad because my moms diabetus, is far worst then my dads.

In other cooking news. I found a low carb cookie recipie. Flax seed cinamon cookies.
2 table spoons of flax seed, 2 tablespoons of melted butter. 4 tablespoons of water, half a tablesoon of cinamon, half a tablespoon of a sugar flavor (like splenda of vanille) (can do less sugar flavor, they are very sweet right now)

put 4 cookies on a baking paper, nuke for 5 minutes. Let cool and you have cookies. And because it are only 4 or 5 cookies, you can not overeat too bad.

Start 220 1 okt 2012
205==> 21 nov 2012
200==> 12 dec 2012
195==> 16 jan 2013
Blog: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...carb-life.html
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
Welcome to One-derland, Velvet!
I just saw your stats- congrats!!!!
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

@ Frankie: So true. low carb can be incredibly tasty. That is why we can do this. :-) I know my dad can do it too! Not sure about my mother, but I shall try to talk her into it too. ;-)

@Gabby: Thank you! :-) Very happy with it. Time to move on to the 180s.

Tonight I am going to a party! So looking forward to it. I might be drinking a little bit of alcohol, but I shal keep it limited, since I am extremely tired today. (tired+alcohol=very annoying Sannie)

Tonight we will be eating at my friends place, but she promised me she would make something low carb. :-)

Now next tuesday we are having a work thing where we all bring little bits of food. Do any of you know a nice way of making bite size chicken snacks?
Old 12-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NH_Free
Stats: 153.5/125 (oops)/120ish
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: Feb.19, 2012
I usually just make chicken quesadillas on LC tortillas for us, but maybe others wouldn't care for the tortillas. A google search for "bite sized chicken appetizers" might give you some good ideas. Or search at allrecipes.com. I find a lot of good recipes there.

Congratulations on Onederland!! You'll be in the 180s before you know it.
NH_Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Velvet, you could make Chicken Satai with Peanut Sauce -- super easy to make. Here is a link the recipe: Chicken Satay Recipe | Steamy Kitchen Recipes
I substitute Brown Sugar Twin for the brown sugar but you could just use Splenda instead if you don't have that. Chicken Satai is a real crowd pleaser! I love NH's idea for the mini chicken quesadillas too. You could also stuff celery or cherry tomatoes with homemade chicken salad. Or serve grilled chicken on endive or romain lettuce leaves with a drizzle of caesar dressing.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Velvet, I almost forgot. I found a recipe for low carb chicken parmesan meatballs that looked terrific from this website called Peace, Love and Low Carb. I will try to find that for you.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Velvet, here is the recipe for Chicken Parmesan Meatballs -- it is super easy. Combine one pound of ground chicken with 2 TBS of marinara sauce (preferably a low sugar one), 1/4 grated parmesan cheese, 1 TBS of garlic, 3 TBS of fresh parsley, 1/2 TSP of Italian seasoning, 1/2 TSP of onion powder, 1/2 TSP of garlic salt and 1/4 TSP of black pepper. Form into about 24 meatballs and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees (or longer if you are making bigger meatballs). When they are done, top with marinara sauce and mozzerella cheese.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:14 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My BF had a pot luck at work and I made him grilled chicken satay with a yogurt sauce (great minds huh Gail?). They were pretty spicy as I used a regular red curry past but he said they were the first to go. You could use a milder red curry or a mussaman paste so they won't be as spicy hot. They looked beautiful on the platter and easy to eat off the bamboo skewers.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

NH: That sounds really nice. I love tortillas, but I have not been able to find any in the netherlands. We do not have that much low carb food.

Gail: That recipie sounds amazing. Must try that! Going to do some cooking tomorrow night.

Frankie: I do like potlucks, so nice to see what everyone is cooking.

I am ashamed tough. Ate a small piece of mocca cake yesterday. Friday night we went out to a party in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Did not have any alcohol and mostly cola light (altough i am not sure if all the cokes others bought me were light) My friend (who is also trying low carb) was amazed with my weight loss. That was nice.

Saturday it was my fathers b-day ofcourse there was cake, and I had a small piece. I was a little wrung out from the party and it smelled so nice. So I caved. The rest of the day I did eat clean. A few eggs with yoghurt for breakfast and burgers for dinner.

So today it is flax seed pancakes, eggs, and fish and veggies for dinner. Hope the scale wont be to bad next wedneday.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sannie, what is done is done. Don't feel bad about the bites of cake or the possible coke. The very important thing is to get right back to low carb immediately. Nobody is perfect and everyone has slip ups or even a special planned carb indulgence. Getting back to your LC plan is the most important thing. With super sweet carby foods you might have cravings for carbs the next day or two. So be prepared and have the great LC foods you love around in case those cravings hit you.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Frankie: You are so right. I have had cravings for the last two days, but I did stay on plan.
Yesterday I had: Eggs with bacon for Breakfast
Snack: Bit of soy yoghurt
Lunch: Salad with chicken and mozzarella
Diner: Greek sausages

This mornings breakfast was soy yoghurt with an apple. I know that fruits are bad, but once a week I really need somthing fruity I just love it to much.

I totaly failed making the chicken balls, so I made ricotta cakes instead for tonights potluck.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

So nice that your black dress fits you! I bought things that were too small all through my weight loss, just so I could have that great feeling when they finally fit. Be sure to wear it while you can, it will probably be too big for you in a couple of months!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I know that fruits are bad, but once a week I really need somthing fruity I just love it to much.
My BF is doing his own version of "lower" carb and he eats tons of fruit every day and is still losing weight. If you want fruit once in a while why not add a little to your plan? You have to make this way of eating something that you can live with long term or it won't work (I know this from experience of losing and gaining 80-100lbs over and over!) If you love what you are eating then it will work. You might lose a little bit slower by adding fruit, but you will lose.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

I agree with Frankie about the fruit. Plus you are losing at a nice pace. It seems like you are doing all the right things, Velvet!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

I hope so. At the moment I have huge craving. But they are emotional ones.

Things happened at work. I can not get into the details of it, but it might be enough to say that I have been upset yesterday and most of the night. Even now I can not keep dry, just thinking on how I have been too trusting of people.

So Yesterday I drank half a bottle of wine.
I did not weigh today, stress causes me to retain water (even if I am leaking) and well lets just save it for next week.

I promis to be optimistic again tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Don't blame yourself for someone else not being trustworthy, Velvet. That's their flaw. You being a trusting soul isn't a flaw, it's a character strength. Unfortunately, some people can really make you sorry for being that way.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Thank you NH:-)

Now I got pointed out again that work is just that, work. So I know what I will be doing this Christmas, and that is looking for a new job. Time to get myself together and look forward to the future.

For eating today I did ok I think.

B: Eggs
L: Cumcumber tomato chicken salad
D: meatbalss and a hamburger.

I was not that hungry today.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Lost another 1.9 pounds in 1.5 week. So the cheating did not damage me too much. That is dangerous tough. I must not slip into thinking that a little carbs here and there won't hurt.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:55 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Velvet, congratulations on your weight loss! I also want to wish you a Merry Christmas! I hope you and your husband have a wonderful holiday! xo!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sannie, I am sorry you are going through such a stressful time with work. Hopefully in the near future you'll find a job you like and where you are respected and where you can trust others.

Congrats on your loss this past week!

I hope you and your husband have a great Christmas.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Gail and Frankie!And a merry christmas to you too!

I have been away from the board for the past three days, avoidance and all that. This weekend my husband and I stayed at a little hotel in a forrest. Just to take some time off it all. And I totaly let low carb go for one of the two days. Ate croissants, fries and bread. I made a decision to allow myself this. I did regret it the next day, because it turns out my body does not handle high carb food that well.

The hotel was lovely tough, our room had a fire place, and the dining room had a chandelier, there was a pool and a sauna. Just a little fairytale for the two of us.

Today my mother in law is coming over to have Christmas diner at our place. :-)

Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

So Christmas is over. And I feel horrible. Not because I ate carbs, but because my body does not handle high carb that well anymore. My tummy hurts a lot!

So the plan for today is eggs, meat and lots and lots of water and herbal tea. Time to flush myself.

As for things to do. I am going to finish a corset for myself, buy groceries, clean the house and go for a 30 km cycling round. Burn all the newly added fat. ;-)
I also will not be weighing in until next week, when I have my body in control again.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Velvet, I am so glad that you had a nice getaway with your husband. That hotel sounds fabulous -- and the chandelier above looks so gorgeous. It is okay that you went off plan for a bit -- even better that you know that high carb foods don't agree with your body. That will help you stay on plan too. How did the dinner with your mother in law go?

I think your plan for this week sounds great -- low carb eating, cycling, keeping busy and waiting a bit for another weigh in. I know you will be successful! xo xo xo
Old 12-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Dinner with my mother in law went great.

She is a nice person. I know her since I was a small girl, she was the midwife of my younger sister, and I stayed with them almost every school holliday. Eventualy I ended up marrying her son. :-) She is the person who tought me how to sew. My own mother can sew a little, but my MIL is someone who actualy makes her own clothes.

Today I was supposed to do a photoshoot with a new corset I made, but the photographer canceled. He has the flu. Here is a picture of said corset.

This morning I ate some flaxseed pancakes, and tonight I will eat some burgers before going to a party of my sisters boyfriend. It is his birthday. :-)
Old 12-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

I DID NOT HAVE CAKE! I almost caved, but I did not. I just had little cheese and meatball snacks. So I stayed on plan yesterday. :-)

I also worked out yesterday, and it felt great! Somehow when i manage to stay on plan, get my workouts in place and move a lot, all other things go according to plan too. I actualy clean the house, get sewing work done, emails send. ect.ect. When I was on carb binges I could sit on my ass al day with a load of cookies. It is as something clicked into place when starting low carb. I can do this, I can regain control of my life.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sannie I am glad you stayed on plan and did not have the cake. Your corset is lovely and I bet you look beautiful in it. I know what you mean about doing low carb and having something click and getting motivated in other ares of life.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Frankie!

This morning I went for a run. Granted it was only 20 minutes, but I ran anyway. I wanted to cycle, but there is lots of wind and rain and not to mention they are shooting carbit at most of the local farms where my cycle runs go round. A run was saver.

I did cut the run short tough, because my running shoes shave open my heel. I am not sure why, but I am bleeding on it, so I think I am going to look for other running shoes.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:28 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Even tough I said I would not, I just took a step on the scale. And yes I have gained about 2 pounds. :/ I knew I would gain, after all i went off plan. But it is a good reality check that I really did gain. So the first week of januari will be about losing those two pounds.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:41 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

You are doing really well, Sanni! It is great that you went running too! Two pounds is a super tiny gain. Most people gain much more weight than that over the holidays.