Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Sannie, I thought I would swing by and congratulate you on your loss so far. I loved the pics of your cat and dog, they're both so cute. Also your husband gets special points for cooking those coconut cookies for you, they looked really tasty. I suck at working out so kudos to you for getting your workouts done each day.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Velvet
Stats: 220/193.8/ goal 150
WOE: Low Carb / dr. Frank
Start Date: okt 2012
Thank you Phraniquie! I used to hate working out, but now that I am getting better at it, I am actualy enjoying it!

I am going to lower my goal. I had set my goal to 176 pounds, because that was the weight I had when I got married. But I think that I can do more. Perhaps not in 2013 already, but in the long run it should be doable. So I am settnig my new goal to 150. That is 51.1 pounds away. Taking small steps will get me there eventualy.
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stephkp
Stats: 265/199.6/140
WOE: my own
Start Date: last year
Wow Velvet, you are doing awesome!! Also I have to say that is a gorgeous picture of you. Just beautiful. I try to avoid the camera when possible. I am my worst critic. Usually when I get pictures taken I try to get them touched up afterwards.

I understand about lowering your goal. I am torn on whether or not I should lower mine. My doctor says that 140 would be good for me. (I am 5'5 and 43)
I am now thinking maybe I should lower that to 130. I guess I will wait till I am closer to my goal to decide.

You will be in onederland soon!!

Stephanie
stephkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Hi Velvet!

I left you a message on Z's thread then I noticed that you have your own!

When I travel to the Netherlands, one of my most FAVORITE low carb lunches/breakfast/dinner is HARING MET UITJES!

Where are you from? My Husband was born in Amsterdam, but his family now lives in Alkmaar and in Schoorl. (I hope I spelled that correctly)...

Nice to have met you!
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Hello Melle! :-) Nice to meet you too!

Hahaha Haring met uitjes! That is funny. I am not keen on haring but they are kinda the food of proud dutchmen.

I am from Buitenpost, that is in the North of the Nederlands. But I was born in the Hague,
Where in Canada are you from?

Just did a 30 minute taebo workout, wanted to do more, but my back hurt.
I did have hunger the entire day! TOM is here next saturday and I always am more hungry the days before it arrives. I made coconut cookies and I am ashamed to say that I ate 5 of them. :/

Other food of the day was eggs for breakfast, flaxseed pancakes for lunch, and eggplant mushroom, paprika ham tomato mix tossed in a pan for dinner. Covered with cheese obviously. The husband is working late so I basicaly chopped up the veggies I had in the frigde for dinner. ;-)

Start 220 1 okt 2012
205==> 21 nov 2012
200==> 12 dec 2012
195==> 16 jan 2013
Blog: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...carb-life.html
Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Velvet, your eating looks really good. And those coconut cookies are low carb PLUS you did a Taebo workout so I don't think you did any damage.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Hello Melle! :-) Nice to meet you too!

Hahaha Haring met uitjes! That is funny. I am not keen on haring but they are kinda the food of proud dutchmen.

I am from Buitenpost, that is in the North of the Nederlands. But I was born in the Hague,
Where in Canada are you from?
Hi Velvet---my Husband hates all fish, but when we go to the Netherlands, he has to order my haring. He SO hates it that he taught me how to say it! I love my haring met uitjes--even for BREAKFAST (which makes my mother in law think I'm crazy)...

I live 45 kms south of Toronto and I've always lived in this area. My husband came to live here 7 years ago from the Netherlands, but he lived in the US for a short time, as well!

Good luck with your weight loss!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
Velvet I love your new avatar!

My favorite work out is water aerobics- I try to do it 2-3 x week. It is really fun and good for my back. I thought I didn't like classes but it turns out I DO like classes that don't require too much dancing/coordination. I hope to join a strength training class in the next few weeks with a friend of mine.

Leslie

PS So what are uitjes, anyway?
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

@ Gaby Uitjes are unions. :-)
I love swimming, I just hate getting myself dried up afterwards. ;-)

@ Melle: I have been to toronto and surroundings with the schoolorchestra, when I was in highschool. I loved it there.

@ Gabby: I sure hope so. Next weigh in will tell. ;-) I just do need to be constantly aware of what I put in my mouth, because if I don't it easily gets away from me.

Todays menu:
B: Eggs
L: Yoghurt with atkins powder shake in it. You are supposed to make it with water, but then the Atkins shake tastes afwul, so I put it in yoghurt.
D: Tomatosoup with a low carb sandwich with brie.

And I ate 4 coconut cookies. Tom is almost here, be happy when the constant urge to eat food is over. Stupid homones. ;-)
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby1 View Post

PS So what are uitjes, anyway?
Onions!

(WHOOPS! Sorry...didn't see that Velvet had answered that already!)
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #41
Z
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z
Stats: 350/250.0/155
WOE: Permanent Induction
Start Date: September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
We also have a cat btw, and the cat definately rules over the dog.
I'm from Seattle, so naturally I'm a fan of the husky (Mascot for the local college) - But that picture of your cat makes me miss all 3 of my cats. It's just until February or March and then I'll be able to bring my family down with me.

It has been wonderful to make your acquaintance - I look forward to seeing you around.

Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

You have three cats? I love cats, they are so arrogant, and have their own will! I hope you will be reunited with them soon! Do you have any plans to see them for Christmas?

Yesterday I failed myself. I had a small piece of chocolate.

TOM is on its way, and it has half started, but not quite yet. So at the moment I am in an emotional overload, and constantly hungry.

This morning I ate half a dozen eggs and some soy yoghurt and still feel as if I could eat more. Time for water and thee it is!

However, i did find this inspirational picture on the internet. Sometimes I have problems seeing that I actualy lost some weight already. Pictures like this help with that.

http://livefitrevolution.org/wp-cont...nds-of-fat.jpg
Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Velvet, one little piece of chocolate is not that bad so don't beat yourself up. With TOM on its way, everyone gets hungrier and has cravings for sweets. You are doing really well. I am glad you ate the eggs and the yogurt!

I love your kitty! Black and white cats are so pretty -- I love their markings -- and your cat has a beautiful kitty face.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and thanks for posting that inspirational photo!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

@ Stephanie, Welcome btw! You are also almost in Onerland. Perhaps you will get there this year! That would be nice, to start 2013 in Onerland.
@ Gail; Thank you. I know one little piece will not stop me, it is just that I am afraid I loose control.

Well TOM is here and my back is killing me, but the hunger stopt. I did take some painkillers tough.

I am quite a visual person, I love pictures, paintings and other artforms. Every once in a while I also do a photoshoot. It is quite a contradiction. On one hand I feel fat, and at times truly ugly. But when I don my victorian costume, I do love to get pictures taken. It is as if the costume is a form of shield that makes me feel different about myself. I am not sure if I am explaining it right.

Anyways. I just recieved this picture for a photoshoot last year. Febr 2012
And while I am bigger in this picture than I am now, I am going to show it anyway. Because I do like this shot.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Velvet, you are stunningly beautiful -- you should be a model. I am serious. You have the most beautiful face and huge gorgeous eyes! I think you explained the love of costumes very well and how they can be very transformative.

You also look thin and lovely. It breaks my heart that you would even think you are ugly for just one second when you are so stunning. You remind me of Linda Evangelista, the supermodel.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Ah Gail, thank you! That is very sweet of you to say that. :-) I do like to model every now and then (have a lot of photographers as friends) but I do not want to be a pro model. To much stress, and getting constantly judged on you look, that would be very bad for me.

And to return the compliment I love your profile picture. You look like a very nice and open person. And you are blonde! I love blonde hair.

Today is another office day. I am a bit nervous about this week. We have a diner from the Husbands work this wednesday, and a company gathering from my work this thursday. So there is going to be a lot of high carb food waiting for me. I hope I can find the low carb fanatic in me, when faced with chocolate deserts.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

You will stay strong, Velvet. I know you can do this. Try to eat a little snack before the dinner or the gathering if you can -- like a small piece of cheese or a hard boiled egg or a handful of nuts. That is what I do so that I am not hungry or tempted to eat the carb foods. My company party is this Friday night and I know there won't be much to eat that is low carb. The world just doesn't support this diet sometimes so we have to stay as strong as we can.

Another thing I do is have a treat waiting home for me. So when you see those high carb foods at the parties, just tell yourself that you have low carb coconut cookies or something else really good waiting at home for you. Good luck this week!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Thank you! I made some flax seed apple muffins, so I should be alright.

The husband found my step! We have a cross trainer and a step, but the crosstrainer broke down. But the step still lives! That is great, because I can now change between Taebo, and step for at home workouts. It is something like this:

http://www.medipreventiecentrum.nl/w...computer-1.jpg
Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sannie you photo is gorgeous! You are quite beautiful and know how to approach the camera in your pose, just beautiful. You are going to be hearing this a lot whenever you show someone that photo.

Hold strong on your resolve to not eat carby foods at the work dinners. I think of how happy I am in the mornings when I drop a pound when I am faced with eating an unplanned carb laden food the day before. I like the feeling of seeing the loss of another pound more than the momentary taste of that food. Have fun at just try to enjoy the company at the dinners.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Flax seed apple muffins sound delicious -- yum! That is a nice treat to have waiting for you when you come home from the parties and gatherings. When you refuse the high carb treats at the parties, know that you will have a good tasting low carb food waiting for you at home. And, on the next day, you will see a weight loss on the scale -- to Frankie's excellent point!

You can do this, Sannie. That high carb food is no match for you. You are strong and determined to do this and see it through. And, Frankie is right about how incredibly beautiful you are -- seriously, you should be a model!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

The husband checked the food list for tomorrows gathering, and it has meat and veggies too. So i should be alright. ;-)

This morning I had my eggs with a bit of sausage, and went for a long walk with the dog in the snow. We walked for 45 minutes. Mr Tyco loves snow, as he is a snowdog, so we had fun.

This afternoon I will visit a friend/college of mine who has a burn out.
We are going to grab a bite to eat in town, but as I choose the restaurant we will be low carbing. ;-) It will be good to see her. I hope she gets better soon.

Tonight I am going to use my step again. I only did 20 minutes last night and it was hard. So tonight we are going for 25 minutes! Burn fat BURN!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Velvet, I love your dog -- he has such a pretty face and a gorgeous coat, plus that bushy tail! It must be so much fun to go on long walks with him in the snow. I love how dogs are so adventurous and they have to sniff everything in sight -- LOL!

That is nice that you are taking your friend to dinner when she has burn out. You will make her feel much better. And GREAT that you chose the restaurant and can plan what you can eat ahead of time. I do that too! That is a sign that you are 100% committed for the long haul for sure! Have fun on the step tonight! xo
Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

We had a veggie salad. With mushrooms zuchinni brocoli, cumcumber and tomatoes. Tasted great!

And I bought myself a new lingerie set. My bra's are getting to big, so i had a reason to splurge. ;-)
Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great LC lunch. Sometimes I crave a salad and when I ate high carb I never craved salads, I just craved bread, pasta, chips and all the other crappy carbs.

New bras are such a great non-scale victory! I cannot wait until my "girls" are small enough fit into Victoria's Secret bras and then I want to be able to splurge on some nice lingerie like La Perla when I am at goal.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Yay -- shopping for new lingerie is so much fun! Velvet -- good for you! Frankie, I totally hear you about La Perla. I definitely want some La Perla when I get close to my goal too.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

La perla? I must look that up. Have not heard of that brand before.
I went for a red and black christmassy bra.
Splurging on lingerie is great. Nothing make you feel more womanly than a pretty lingerie set. Especialy when you can get something with lace and color. So Frankie, when the time comes. Go for it!

I lost another 2.6 pounds this week. This is a huge amounth since I am in the middle of my TOM. But I am under 200 pounds now! That is so awesome. Now lets see if I can keep it down this week.

I only had stalls so far, never a gain, but I am sure that I will not stay this lucky. Eventualy, when I am getting closer to my goal, it will be harder. I just hope that I can stay determined.

I also fit into a lovely floating black dress I bought this summer. It was on sale, but it did not fit. I was to late returning it, and wanted to gift it to my little sister. But it now fits! So I have something new to wear to my husbands company dinner. ^^
Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Velvet, congratulations!!! You are below 200 and that is a huge milestone! You must be so happy! And even better that you fit into that beautiful black dress -- you are going to look gorgeous at your husband's company dinner. I bet he is very proud of you.

Losing 2.6 pounds in one week is a really good loss too!!

You have to check out La Perla -- they make some of the most beautiful, delicate lingerie. I think they have an online store but they carry it in most high end department stores and their own boutiques.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Today I had the chrismass thingy with my work. And I was able to stay low carb. I brought some yoghurt and I had some union soup. And that is it. I ate non of the delicious looking sandwiches. For breakfast I had eggs, and now for diner a salad with chicken and bacon and more eggs.
Yesterday at the Husbands works christmas diner I also had chicken and meatballs, and green veggies. The fries were luring, but I ignored their calls.

My father called last night. He is diagnosed with a starting version of diabetus. His dokter asked him about his diet and told him that from now on he needed to cut out all potatoes and bread. That is going to be hard for him because he loves his potatoes.

I am going to give him a low carb cook book for his b-day. :-)

It does worry me tough, my mom is a diabetic too. This is probably a result from the chemo she had when she was treated for breast cancer. But if both my parents have it, we children are a risk too. So low carb it is, for life. No more evil sugar.

Last edited by Velvet; 12-13-2012 at 10:54 AM..
Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Velvet, I am so sorry to hear about your father. The good news is that his diabetes is treatable and with the right foods, exercise and medication, he will be fine. I think getting him a low carb cookbook is a great idea. You may also want to give him and your mom a low carb shopping list and let them know the best things to eat.

You did really well at your party and your husband's work dinner! Good for you! I love fries too and it is really hard to resist them when everyone else is eating them. You are doing all the right things! It is doing the right things day by day that will add up to success in the long run.