Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Mom23kids JUDDD Journal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/789678-mom23kids-juddd-journal.html)

mom23kids 11-20-2012 09:29 AM

Mom23kids JUDDD Journal

I've decided to start a journal to keep track of my UD and DD food plans, weight loss progress, and non-scale victories :)

I started my weight loss journey last month, with a general low carb, low sugar woe. After quickly losing around 7lbs I stalled and started gaining again. That's when I decided that I needed to start following a structured plan. Even though I had recently read Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes, I still felt that calories do play a part in weight loss. And I was already feeling a bit confined with a strict low carb woe, and I had only been on it for a few weeks :stars:

After looking into different plans I felt drawn to JUDDD. After seeing the amazing support system set up on this forum, in the JUDDD section, I knew that this would be a good fit for me. I officially started the JUDDD woe on November 7 and it's been a great ride so far! I've lost some weight, have seen a significant difference in the way my clothes fit, and I feel like I've found a woe I can stick with long term.

My stats as of 11/20/12:
weight- 160lbs (started at 170.5 last month)
height-5ft, 6in
age- 34
female, with three kids (4yrs-8yrs)
exercise- walking club once a week (3 miles)

Current UD calorie goal-1,733
Current DD calorie goal-400

mom23kids 11-20-2012 10:09 AM

Ok, here's my goals :)

Goal weight: 135-138lbs (by May, 2013)

Non-weight goals:
-to be able to wear my wedding ring again, which hasn't fit in over a year :cry:
-to wear a size 8 pair of jeans (started with a loose size 14, down to a loose size 12 ~very pear shaped~)
-to comfortably wear a modest two piece swim suit next summer on our boat :cool:
-to tone up thighs/butt area, as well as stomach ~need to start walking more/doing crunches?~

mom23kids 11-21-2012 08:38 AM

It's Thanksgiving eve and I'm having a great DD so far! I've had four refills of water in my water bottle, a diet hot cocoa with Davincie sf raspberry syrup and a small Wendy's chili. Later today I'll have some chicken broth, another cup of cocoa and if I need it I'll have a serving of veggie soup. Plus I'm aiming for 4 more water refills!

My calories for the day will be 260-310.

mom23kids 11-22-2012 04:16 AM

Morning weigh in: 158.5, my lowest weight since starting :jumpjoy:

Today is an UD and Thanksgiving-eating a non-traditional meal at the in-laws today. Large salad, meatballs, deep fried mushrooms with handmade batter and mac n cheese :yummy: And to start things out I made cinnamon rolls in my bread maker, for breakfast. Each one is around 500 calories :eek: So I'll probably just do half of one!

mom23kids 11-25-2012 04:40 AM

So happy to be done with the holiday eating :stars: I stuck to my rotations, but on my UDs I had a lot of carbs and it really messed with my stomach. Glad to get back to normalcy!

mom23kids 11-27-2012 06:54 AM

Today I'm starting the Great Potato Hack :laugh: After reading the massive potato hack thread on MDA I've decided to eat only potatoes on my DDs this week to see if it helps weight loss. I may also eat potatoes on my UDs, but we have two eating out events this week, on UDs, so we'll see how it goes.

The Great Potato Hack Experiment:

Today-DD goal to stay under 500 calories

so far: 1 small, 2 inch, white peeled shredded potato, dry fried (with Pam spray). With pepper and salt and 1 tbsp ketchup. I don't have a food scale but I used an online calculator and figured out the approximate calories of the potato was 117 calories plus 15 calories for the ketchup.

~132 calories for first potato~

Potato Count: 1

mom23kids 11-27-2012 09:09 AM

Ate my second small potato with 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, for an approximate total of 122 calories

Potato Count: 2
Calorie Total: approx. 254

mom23kids 11-27-2012 12:00 PM

Ok, late afternoon here-time for an update!

Since I last posted I had 1 cup of diet hot cocoa with sf Davinci syrup. I also peeled the skins off of two 3 inch potatoes, mixed with spices and baked. Oh.My.Goodness-new favorite thing :yummy: If the online calculator I used was correct, the skins equaled 126 calories, which brings my grand total for calories to 400 calories. This brings me to a dilemma-if I eat one more potato I will go over my calorie goal for the day. I'm leaning towards finishing out the day with a serving of chicken broth, which only has 10 calories. The downside is it has 1 gram of fat, which for the potato diet to work you're not supposed to have any fat with it. However, I'd be eating the broth several hours after my last potato (skins), and I'm not sure how much that one little fat gram would really matter?

This experiment is turning out to be quite the adventure lol!

mom23kids 11-27-2012 03:32 PM

6:30pm and I'm done eating for the day, will probably have one more bottle of water before bed. I chose to have chicken broth to wrap things up, to make sure I didn't go over my calorie goal for the day. So not a 100% potato fast today, but close :)

In a nutshell:
4- cans diet coke
gobs of water
1 diet hot cocoa with a serving of sf Davinci syrup added
2- small, 2 inch potatoes with small amount of ketchup and balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
2- 3 inch potatoes worth of skins, sprayed with ICBNB and spices, baked
1 serving chicken broth with added salt

Approximately 410 calories for the day, 1 gram of fat

Will weigh in tomorrow morning and see what happens :)

Lyric's Mom 11-27-2012 04:00 PM

Interested to see what happens. Course as others have pointed out, weight loss with this plan is not linear so tomorrow may not accurately show your good deed for today. Still, it'll be interesting to keep track over the next few days. Thanks for posting!

mom23kids 11-27-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyric's Mom (Post 16103134)
Interested to see what happens. Course as others have pointed out, weight loss with this plan is not linear so tomorrow may not accurately show your good deed for today. Still, it'll be interesting to keep track over the next few days. Thanks for posting!

I'll definitely update over the next few days-I'm tentatively planning on doing a regular UD tomorrow and then another potato DD on Thursday :)

mom23kids 11-28-2012 04:33 AM

Well, I'm down 1.5lbs this morning for a new low of 157lbs :D I'm going to have a normal UD today and then another potato DD tomorrow. Then I think I'll start doing one potato DD every week starting next week and seeing how that works (if there's a difference between what my DDs have looked like).

Lyric's Mom 11-28-2012 08:21 AM

:jumpjoy:That's great! I think I'll try a potato DD tomorrow and Saturday. I adore them so it should be easy. Keep us posted on how things continue to go for you.

Flutter 11-28-2012 07:36 PM

Just following some of the newbie JUDDD peeps over here to cheer you guys on. Cool that your first potato day has you doing so well!

mom23kids 11-30-2012 07:45 AM

Had a very generous UD on Wednsdsay, which inclued most of a pizza :o In my defense it was a smallish one lol. Thursday was a decent DD but I did not do potatoes. Kept my calories at around 410.

Today my weigh-in showed my lowest weight yet-156lbs :jumpjoy:

Today is a normal UD-going out tonight to celebrate hubby's grandma's b-day. Tomorrow will be another UD because we're going out to celebrate our anniversary. Will get back on track Sunday, with a DD. I love how flexible JUDDD is :love:

Planning on doing another DD potato day next week, probably Tuesday!

mom23kids 12-01-2012 09:48 AM

Plans got shuffled around and we ended up celebrating our anniversary last night at Logans :yummy: I love being able to get a big meal and not have any guilt-oh how I love JUDDD :love:

Today is a DD and so far it's going great! I'm at 110 calories so far for the day and will have soup, broth and hard boiled eggs later today. I should come in around 364 calories for the day.

mom23kids 12-02-2012 05:17 AM

Well yesterday ended up being a MD because we decided to do a spur of the moment supper at Fazolis. I found out they have 400 calorie pasta entrees so it worked out ok-I got the chicken, mushroom Alfredo and it was really good :yummy:

Today is a normal UD-having two hard boiled eggs for b-fast, a steak and salad lunch at the in-laws, and then probably 'breakfast' burritos for supper.

mom23kids 12-03-2012 12:07 PM

Having a great DD today-I overate yesterday and woke up feeling very full. It's 3pm now and I've only had two cups of diet hot cocoa and a small Wendy's chili, and then water. I planned on having veggie soup and then chicken noodle soup today, but might end up just having one of them later tonight. Feeling great with lots of energy-got most of my house cleaned, ran errands and now getting ready to tackle the mountain of clean laundry that needs to be folded :p

mom23kids 12-04-2012 07:01 AM

Decided to dedicate the rest of the week to a full potato hack :) After reading the gobs of posts on MDA about it, as well as the thread here in the JUDDD section, I decided to do all potatoes from today-Friday. I'm not going to do JUDDD during this time-no counting anything, just eating potatoes when hungry. I'll also be using salt/pepper/seasonings/ketchup and mustard. Drinks will be water, diet soda and diet hot cocoa. I'll also be taking my normal supplements-vitamin D3, fish oil, magnesium and a daily baby aspirin.

On Saturday I'll resume JUDDD with a normal UD. If all goes well I may incorporate a potato hack week (3-4 days) every month-we'll see how it goes!

After a big food weekend my weight is up to 158lbs this morning. I'd love to get back down to the 156lbs I was at last week, and then maybe a bit more from there (which would be a new low for me).

So far today I've had a russet potato and feel very stuffed right now!

mom23kids 12-05-2012 04:36 AM

Ended up eating one russet, 3 small reds and a white potato yesterday, with a bit of ketchup (2tbsp) and spices. Went to bed not hungry and had some pretty intense food dreams last night :laugh:

Down 2.5lbs this morning-lost the 2lbs that had creeped up on me from the weekend and then down another .5lb, for a new low :)

155.5lb today!

Doing a second potato day, same as yesterday :)

mom23kids 12-05-2012 04:08 PM

Wrapping up day two of my potato hack experiment. I had 2.5ish white potatoes and four petite Klondike potatoes, along with a drizzle of ketchup, mustard and spices, and 4 cans diet soda, gobs of water and 2 cups diet hot cocoa.

I felt fine again today-no shakiness/hunger/headaches. I have really started craving regular food though. I'm not a big fan of potatoes to begin with so eating them for two days straight isn't really a lot of fun. I had planned on doing 4 days of potatoes, but may call it good at two and resume my JUDDD schedule tomorrow with a normal UD. I'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow about potatoes lol.

zipp2play 12-06-2012 05:32 AM

Looks like you are doing well! I agree, Potatoes would be overwelming for me after just 1/2 a day! That's why I love JUDDD any day you can eat whatever you want...as long as the numbers are in line!

GOOD LUCK!

mom23kids 12-06-2012 10:17 AM

Decided to just do the two days of potatoes and resume my JUDDD rotations today with a normal UD. But, I was down another 1.5lbs this morning for a total of 4lbs :) Two of those were due to weekend overindulgence, but usually when I have a boing it takes a while for it to come back off-not so with the potato hack :D

So my weight this morning was 154lbs. I'm also going to try something new and see how fixed day rotations work for me. Having a DD on a weekend day is really not working out, so I'm going to try a MWF DD/TTHSS UD schedule. After a couple of weeks I'll see how it's affected my weight loss efforts. I may also try a MD/UD weekend combo too.

I love how flexible JUDDD is, it gives me the room to experiment/tweak the plan to fit my lifestyle :love:

zipp2play 12-07-2012 05:20 AM

Let us know how that goes!

mom23kids 12-08-2012 04:47 AM

I re-calculated my calories, based on my new weight and yesterday I stayed within 360 calories for my DD, down from the normal 500 I usually aim for.

Today I was down to 153-another new low :jumpjoy: This week has totally rocked for weight loss!

Now onto my fixed day rotations experiment-today and tomorrow will both be UDs. I will try and track as best I can, but this morning we're going to a local diner for b-fast and they don't have nutritional info posted, and then tomorrow is our weekly lunch at my in-laws and it's hard to figure out the calories in that meal. But, I'll track everything else and try to come in at around 1,770 calories, which is my new UD number :)

Lyric's Mom 12-08-2012 10:45 AM

:jumpjoy:Congrats on your weight loss! That's great!!

Librarygirl 12-09-2012 04:35 PM

Sara, you've done so well with the weight loss!! I lost 6 lbs in my first two weeks, but alas, have put two back on! On Tues. 12/11 it will be 4 wks for me, and hopefully at least 4 lbs still. :)

mom23kids 12-11-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyric's Mom (Post 16125027)
:jumpjoy:Congrats on your weight loss! That's great!!

thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16127049)
Sara, you've done so well with the weight loss!! I lost 6 lbs in my first two weeks, but alas, have put two back on! On Tues. 12/11 it will be 4 wks for me, and hopefully at least 4 lbs still. :)

you'll find your rhythm, just keep at it :)

mom23kids 12-11-2012 04:32 AM

Well, this past weekend I tried two UDs in a row/fixed days rotation, but Saturday did not go as planned and I ate an embarrassing amount of food :o We went out to a local diner for b-fast, snacked throughout the day, and then had a very large, carby supper. Starting the week out on Monday I was up to 156.5, but after a solid DD yesterday I'm down to 154.5 this morning. I have two more DDs scheduled for this week so I'm hoping by this upcoming Saturday I'll have lost everything I've gained, and be down an extra .5.

I'm going to try 2 UDs again this weekend, but I will track my calories and keep on track this time!

mom23kids 12-11-2012 07:54 AM

This past Friday was my one month anniversary with JUDDD and I missed it! Here's my stats for one month (and 4 days :) ) on JUDDD:

Started JUDDD on November 7th, 2012 at 163.5lbs
This morning my weigh in was 154.5lbs, for a total JUDDD loss of 9lbs :D And I hit my new low this past Saturday (before my epic food weekend ugh, lol), so if I go by that number of 153lbs, which I should see again later this week, that brings my total loss on JUDDD to 10.5lbs. This would bring my total weight loss to 17.5lbs, since I started making an effort to lose weight on October 14.

This amazes me, since I've only 'dieted' half of the time and the other half I've eaten pretty freely and went out to restaurants numerous times! Plus the learning curve of learning a new woe.

Love JUDDD :love: