Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 AM   #31
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Since I started working on my weight I've been weighing myself every morning, first thing. Lately I've started weighing myself in the morning and at night, and I think I'm starting to become a bit obsessed with the scale So, I've decided to only weigh myself after DDs This way I'll unplug from the scale a bit, but still keep an eye on my weight/make sure I'm going in the right direction.

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-12-2012 at 04:28 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
That is a GREAT plan! We seem to get so addicted to the number. Don't let it control you girl! You are doing well!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #33
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
That is a GREAT plan! We seem to get so addicted to the number. Don't let it control you girl! You are doing well!
Thanks!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:43 AM   #34
Established

Ending the week with TOM showing up early I did hit my current low again yesterday at weigh in, so I shed last weekends overindulgence, yay! I was hoping to hit a new low at tomorrow's weigh in, but with tom here that probably won't happen. Ah well! I'm going to try a second week of fixed day rotations and see where I'm at, at next Saturday's weigh in

Current weight (as of yesterday): 153lbs

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-14-2012 at 04:44 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #35
Established

Forgot to post yesterday-hit a new low of 152.5lbs

Now to get through the next few days, with all the holiday events/parites

Tweaking my rotations from now until after Christmas-here's the plan:

yesterday/today-UDs
Mon-DD
Tue-UD
Wed-DD
Th-UD
Fri-500c DD (Playdate lunch with sister/nieces at McD's)
Sat-UD-going to try really hard to make this an UD and not a UUAD (family party)
Sun-500-600c DD (lunch at the in-laws, with other relatives)
Mon-UD (family party at my house)
Tue-UD (at the in-laws most of the day)
Wed, the 26th,-DD Back to normal!
Old 12-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #36
Established

Well I decided to go in a totally different direction this week I've been wanting to do the egg/meat fast for a while now and figured since my rotations were already messed up from the upcoming holiday eating, why not throw in the fast and see what happens

So yesterday I started my meat/egg fast, but ate way too much bacon (like 9 pieces ). Today I had a better handle on it and ate a hamburger patty with a slice of American cheese with mayo/mustard/ketchup, two pieces of salmon with tarter sauce, a serving of pepperoni jerky and then three scrambled eggs with a bit of bacon bits thrown in for flavoring.

Tomorrow I'll weigh myself to see where I'm at-I had hit my new low of 152.5 on Saturday morning, but then had two generous UDs on Saturday/Sunday. It's also tom so one more thing to factor in.

As of now I think I'll do the meat/egg fast until Friday and then do an UD on Saturday, 500-600 calorie DD on Sunday, and then have Monday and Tuesday be UDs. Still planning on getting back on my JUDDD rotations the day after Christmas

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-18-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Good luck with your fast! I think I'd prolly eat too much bacon too...I love bacon Seems alot of us are having to make some adjustments with our rotations in preperation for the holidays You got this!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #38
Established

Yesterday's meat and egg fast was a bit more balanced, without the gobs of bacon

Yesterday I ate-

1 hamburger patty with a slice of American cheese, ketchup/mayo/mustard
2 pieces of salmon with tarter sauce
1 serving of pepperoni jerky
3 scrambled eggs with a small amount of bacon bits

Weighed myself this morning and I've hit a new low of 151.5lbs

Today's menu is-

1 hamburger patty with a slice of American cheese, mayo/mustard/ketchup
1 hb egg
1 piece salmon with tarter sauce
3 eggs scrambled with bacon bits

Going to keep doing the egg/meat fast until Friday, then will have a normal UD on Saturday, a 500-600 calorie DD on Sunday and then Monday/Tuesday will both be UDs. After that I'll get back to my normal JUDDD rotations
Old 12-20-2012, 04:33 AM   #39
Established

I'm in a bit of shock right now-I weighed in at a new low, a new decade AND hit my end of 2012 goal weight, at 149.5 The meat and egg fast has really gotten me in the weigh lost mode, even more than the potato hack I think. I've still got two more days of it to go, and I'm excited to see where my weight will be after I'm done with it!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Way to go, Sara!!
SavLexiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:50 AM   #41
Established

Another new low this morning, at 149lbs Today is my last day doing the meat/egg fast and then I'm going right into an UUAD tomorrow with a big family party
Old 12-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #42
Established

Well today went in a wonky direction

My husband decided at the last minute to work from home and we went out to breakfast at a local diner. I decided then to just end my meat/egg fast and go into an UD. I got an amazing breakfast sandwich called 'The Macgyver' It had two slices of buttered English muffin bread, toasted, with an egg, slice of American cheese and a beer brat patty. I had it with ketchup and oh my goodness It didn't come with anything else and I was pleasantly full afterward.

And then absolutely NO hunger the rest of the day. I even had a McDonalds play date with my sister and nieces for lunch and I wasn't even tempted to order anything. At 7pm I realized I had only eaten the sandwich today and ate a hb egg, but I wasn't even hungry-just knew I 'should' eat something. I've never had an UD where I didn't want to eat-so odd So I guess today was more of a DD, and still a meat/egg fast, except for those two pieces of English muffin bread.

Tomorrow I'll have a solid UD-have a big family get together for supper and it's the one where everyone bring homemade treats, plus pizza, and then I'm bringing Stouffers mac n cheese, my favorite I'll definitely make up for the calories I didn't eat today

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-21-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Old 12-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lyric's Mom
Stats: 130/110 5'2" 41 y/o
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: August 2012
Hey you...sorry I haven't posted in a while. Anyways I still check in and see what's going on with you--appearantly some pretty interesting stuff! Weights just dropping off you and now you have to make yourself eat! Lol Do try and really get in some much needed delicious cals today--wanna make sure your body gets the message that there's plenty of food coming down the pipeline so you won't stall. But at any rate, congrats on your success so far--great job!
Lyric's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #44
Established

Well, we decided to do a late night pizza run last night I ate several pieces of cheese pizza-wasn't hungry but it was from my all time favorite pizza place so no way was I going to turn it down I expected a bounce this morning but surprisingly I was still at 149lbs

Today-Tuesday I'm officially going on dieting break and enjoying all the holiday events we have.Tonight we're going to a family party where there will be LOTS of food I plan to eat a bit of everything, but not to over stuff myself.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #45
Established

Well I ended up totally going off plan and had FIVE UD/Free for all days in a row, over the Christmas holiday, with no DDs

What I learned/observed:

-my appetite has gone waaay down. Though we had several parties where food was overflowing, I only went back for seconds once.

-my sweet tooth has almost disappeared I used to always make a beeline for the candy dish, but while I had access to candy non-stop over the past few days, I only took two pieces! I actually have a gallon sized ziploc bag sitting on my counter right now filled with mini-candy bars, leftover from a party. I have NO desire to eat them. I doubt I'll even have any on my UD tomorrow. I also totally skipped the cookies/cupcakes.

-carbs make me bloat up like the Marshmallow Man on Ghostbusters While I love JUDDD's freedom to eat carbs again, I can see first hand what it does to my gut. It's a temporary bloat, but I'm still going to try and keep my carbs to a minimum-especially on days when I'm wearing form fitting shirts

-by yesterday I was craving the structure of JUDDD. Never thought I'd say that I miss my diet, but I really did! While it was nice to not think about food/the scale/losing weight for a few days, I missed my DDs and the calm that comes with them.

-Even though I totally went off plan and ate gobs of food, I have total peace that I'll be back on track after just a couple rotations. That feeling is amazing! My sister, a WW girl, asked me at one of our parties if I wasn't afraid of gaining some of my lost weight back on (this was as I was stuffing my face with mac n cheese lol), I was like 'nope, not at all!' And that's so true with JUDDD! I know the weight I temporarily gained will be back off in a few days, with no extra work/sacrifice

So, I brought my scale back out of the bathroom closet, where I ditched it on Saturday I'm at 152.5lbs this morning, for a 'gain' of 3.5lbs for my 5 days of holiday eating. I'm actually shocked this isn't higher, but I won't complain

Back on track with my rotations, with a solid DD planned for today. We don't have NYE plans so it's smooth sailing from here on out

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-26-2012 at 06:51 AM..
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #46
Established

Fighting a nasty cold/sinus infection since yesterday My husband's had it for over a week and he's not on an rx. I've been making sure to take my vitamin D and also a probiotic, so hoping I'll recover sooner than it's taking him! Yesterday I was feeling sorry for myself and ate a lot of high calorie/carby comfort food. Made me feel a bit better but ouch! the scale was really high this morning Today I've had a solid DD and I've stayed away from the comfort stuff, so tomorrow's weigh in should be much better!

I'm soooo looking forward to the new year-I started JUDDD right before all the Thanksgiving eating started, and then went right into Christmas eating. I don't feel like I've had a good start to my JUDDD rotations and I'm excited to get on track in January. But, even in the midst of the craziness I've still been losing at a steady rate-JUDDD is very forgiving
Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 AM   #47
Established

Finally starting to feel better, but the last few days have been rough! Ended up at the med center for almost 3 hours last night with my son, who has an ear infection. I now have three of my family members on rxs, due to sinus related illness

On a happier note, I did a potato DD yesterday, to give myself a mental reset, and this morning I'm back down to 149.5 I did see 149 for a couple days before Christmas, but after all the holiday eating and then being sick, I'm very happy to be back below 150! My December goal was to get into the 140s and I made it by .5lb

Here's what December looked like:

Ended November at a new low of 156lbs. December goal-to get into the 140s

12/1 MD 157.5 Ended up being a MD, after a spur of the moment supper out. Fazolis has 400 calorie pasta entrees so it worked out ok
12/2 UD 156.5
12/3 DD 158
12/4 PD 158 Doing the potato hack for the next two days, so hopefully that will get me back on track!
12/5 PD 155.5 New low!
12/6 UD 154 I'm a potato hack believer!
12/7 DD 155.5 Today I'm going to try and stay within my new DD calorie allotment, 354 (gulp!)
12/8 UUAD 153 New Low!
12/9 UD 155.5
12/10 DD 156.5
12/11 UD 154.5
12/12 DD x (366c)
12/13 UD 153
12/14 DD x (343c)
12/15 UD tom 152.5 New Low!
12/16 UD x tom
12/17 meat/egg fast x tom
12/18 meat/egg fast 154 tom
12/19 meat/egg fast 151.5 tom
12/20 meat/egg fast 149.5
12/21 UD 149
12/22 FD 149
12/23 FD x
12/24 FD x
12/25 FD x
12/26 DD 152.5 (245 c)
12/27 UUAD 151 sick and feeling sorry for myself, ate way to much comfort food
12/28 DD 153.5 (370 c) sick
12/29 UD 151 still sick
12/30 PD 151 sick of being sick
12/31 PD 149.5 Made December's goal by .5lb

Total lost in December: 8lbs

I have found for me, doing JUDDD along with one or two hacks a month, seem to work best. I'm doing another potato day today and then in January I'll probably do a week of meat/egg fast at some point. These short hacks seem to really kick my weight loss into gear and then my JUDDD rotations keep the weight off

End of 2012 Weight Loss Total: 21lbs (14 of those on JUDDD). Started general low carb/low sugar plan in October and switched to JUDDD on November 7th

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-31-2012 at 04:59 AM..
Old 01-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #48
Established

Yesterday started as a potato hack day but we went out for supper (I had a really good taco salad with an edible bowl ), so I counted it as an UD. I was pleasantly surprised to be down another .5lb this morning, bringing me to my pre-holiday eating weight of 149lbs A great way to start the new year!

Today will be a potato DD and then tomorrow I'll transition to my normal JUDDD rotations with an UD (and a lunch at McDonalds with my sister and nieces).

Goal for January-to get below 145lbs
Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #49
Established

Came off of my potato hack fast this morning and was down another 2lbs Today's weigh-in was 147lbs, a new low! Today is a normal UD and I'm starting my regular JUDDD rotations again (UD 1,750ish/DD under 400)

I also watched a great documentary on alternate day fasting this morning (ie like JUDDD) and now I'm really excited about this way of eating! There seems to be a lot more benefits to intermittent fasting than just weight loss, especially with longevity of life-very cool

Last edited by mom23kids; 01-02-2013 at 06:21 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lyric's Mom
Stats: 130/110 5'2" 41 y/o
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: August 2012
Congrats! So happy for your new low! Yah, there are SO many other health benefits which first attracted me to this WOE. Do you know the name of the documentary you saw? I always enjoy programs like that. Thanks!
Lyric's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Sara you are doing awesome! The lbs are dropping for you like crazy!
melanie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Wow, you're really doing well. You're going to be at your goal weight in no time. Keep it up!
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #53
Established

Yesterday was my two month JUDDD anniversary and I've spent some time looking over my stats. What I've realized is that I have the attention span of a fruit fly when it comes to sticking to one plan I've done so many hacks in the past two months, including an egg fast that I decided to start today on a whim, that I've actually haven't had a long period of time just doing JUDDD. So this probably means I haven't let the SIRT gene kick in and do its magic But in spite of this I'm down 16lbs since November 7, when I started JUDDD. That's amazing to me, since I went totally off any kind of plan for about a week during Christmas time, plus I've had several (ok numerous ) UUADs. My weird combination of JUDDD/hack fasts seems to be working lol. I do kind of feel like a JUDDD failure, because I do go off plan so much/don't follow it very well, but mixing things up keeps me from getting bored and it's producing steady weight loss so for me it's the best way.

I'm now 12ish pounds away from my goal weight and I'm starting to think ahead to maintenance and what that will look like for me. I've been doing some research on intermittent fasting as a whole and really like all the health benefits associated with it (longevity of life, decreased risk for disease etc). I know my maintenance plan will follow IF in some form, but I don't know if it will be JUDDD or not. I have some time yet though to figure it out
Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
But in spite of this I'm down 16lbs since November 7, when I started JUDDD. That's amazing to me, since I went totally off any kind of plan for about a week during Christmas time, plus I've had several (ok numerous ) UUADs.

I'm now 12ish pounds away from my goal weight
Totally amazing! Sometimes you just have to go with what works for you!
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

You are doing so well and are very motivating to me! I can't wait to be so close to goal! Keep up the good work.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:59 AM   #56
Established

Well, I did something really whacky yesterday and did a one day all egg fast And the scale is down 1.5lbs this morning Definitely going to eat more eggs on a day to day basis lol.

So I'm now 10.5lbs from hitting my goal. Usually this means I'm entering the dreaded 10 pound 'stall' where many people can't get rid of their last few pounds. I've really enjoyed JUDDD, but I've felt the pull to try something different for when I get to maintenance. I've been reading a lot on IF (intermittent fasting) and especially the plan Fast 5. It's a very simple woe-you don't count anything and have no food restrictions, but just eat all your daily food in a five hour window. Then you have 19 hours of no eating/fasting. I've been reading about the possible benefits of IF (longevity of life, decrease in chance of getting different diseases etc), and an IF plan really appeals to me for a life long woe.

I'm going to start Fast 5 today and see how I like it. Since I'm coming from JUDDD, which is a calorie cycling plan, I'm going to continue counting calories, at least until I hit goal. I figured out what calories I needed to lose 1-2 pounds a week (which is what I've been averaging on JUDDD), and will eat them in my 5 hour window. but no more cycling. By the time I hit maintenance I hope that my body will have gotten used to the Fast 5 window idea and I can transition from counting calories to just doing maintenance counting free.

Last edited by mom23kids; 01-09-2013 at 05:02 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hairy Mom
Stats: 178/164/135 5'3" 35yo
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: January 2nd, 2013
I just watched all of his videos today and thought the Fast Five sounded great. I think I may give it a shot after I hit my goal. I just feel like Juddd is working so well for me, I don't want to stall my success. Good luck, your journal is very inspiring!
Hairy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Good job Sara! So you ate just eggs on a DD? I may have to try that?!

Note to self: Lookup this fast five thing sometime...
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hairy Mom
Stats: 178/164/135 5'3" 35yo
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: January 2nd, 2013
I did the potato day yesterday Nd lost my typical pound, so I think I will try an egg day tomorrow as well. My friend and I love your ideas!
Thanks for the motivation and humor in all your posts!
Hairy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #60
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie09 View Post
Good job Sara! So you ate just eggs on a DD? I may have to try that?!

Note to self: Lookup this fast five thing sometime...
I actually ate them on an UD and ate 10 eggs It was a wild experience I also had mayo, sour cream and butter with them to get in some fat and calories since it was technically an UD. I think I hit around 1,500 calories for the day and was down 1.5lbs the next morning. I think it would work better on a DD though, so you don't OD on eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Mom View Post
I did the potato day yesterday Nd lost my typical pound, so I think I will try an egg day tomorrow as well. My friend and I love your ideas!
Thanks for the motivation and humor in all your posts!
I love doing little hacks like the potato hack/egg hack etc-keeps things interesting One that I did last month that I really liked was a meat and egg fast-I was actually able to do a whole week of it and the meat balanced the eggs out nicely. I also had a bit of cheese during the week (mostly cheeseburgers without buns). I don't remember exactly how much I lost doing it, but it was quite a bit. I may do that at the end of this month too

Ok, lots going on over here as far as weight loss goes. For some reason I lost my JUDDD mojo after Christmas and was just not feeling it anymore (which really is ridiculous since I've had such success with it!), so I decided to look into other plans. I've spent most of this week reading, reading, and doing more reading about diet plans, IF options, exercise ideas etc. My head is about to explode I was ready to walk away from JUDDD and try other IF options like Fast 5, but then Wednesday night I tried on a size 8 pair of jeans and they FIT On October 14, the day I signed up to this forum, I had just started wearing a size 14 jean! That nsv totally re-lit my JUDDD fire and I'm feeling the love again

I have decided though, that since I'm now 10lbs from goal, that I'm going to start transitioning into a maintenance mindset and get ready for that. I spent some time on the JUDDD calculator yesterday and got all the different percentages for my DDs, and over the next few days/weeks I'll be playing around with different ones. I still will be throwing in a low calorie day here and there, but I'm going to start inching the calories up. This will slow my weight loss down, but I still should lose a bit every week and it will give me a breather from having such strict DDs.

Here's my numbers for my current weight of 145.5lbs (will adjust numbers as I lose more weight)-

UDs: 1,727 calories (I don't really keep track of my UDs and just aim to stay under 2,000 calories)

DD:
20% weight loss mode 345c (what I have been staying around)
25% weight loss mode 432c
30% weight loss mode 518c
35% weight loss mode 635c
40% weight loss mode 691c
45% weight loss mode 777c

50% -Maintenance- 864c
55% " " 950c
60% " " 1,0036c

Over the next few weeks I'll be doing the different weight loss percentages and seeing what happens. Ideally I'd still like to lose .5-1lb a week, which is down from my average of 2lbs a week. We'll see what happens

Yesterday I came in at around 630 calories for my DD and my scale was still at 145.5lbs this morning, which I was really happy about, since tom also started this morning and the scale is usually up a bit.

I also read Jorge Cruises 8 Minute in the Morning book and today I officially started my toning regiment I did Day 1 from the book, plus around 50 crunches in various forms (straight crunch, sides ones etc). I'm going to try and do 15 minutes of toning work 6 days a week to start working on my problem areas (mostly butt/thighs/arms).

Last edited by mom23kids; 01-11-2013 at 07:19 AM..