Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #241
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Thanks, I can't believe how big they are getting either! Tonight Chloe wanted to dance with me. She was in her Cinderella dress and sang "So This Is Love" from the movie. So stinkin' precious!!!!

Was 197.0 this morning. Kinda frustrated but I guess I was asking for it by eating off plan over the weekend. I am super bloated so kind of expecting AF since I'm fairly certain I ovulated a week and a half ago or so.

Today's menu:
3 coffees with hwc
1 almond flour pancake
4 brats with sauerkraut and mustard

I know that's not a lot but I haven't been hungry, trying to only eat when hungry now.
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Awesome pics! Austen has the prettiest blue eyes I love gingers!!!! I was so happy when Erin came out with beautiful red hair

How do you make that pancake? I'm guessing it's low-carb? I need some new ideas. Good job with eating only when hungry - wish I could do that
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

I am obsessed with my kids, lol. People have always approached me in public over their hair, they get so much attention from it, I'm sure Erin does too, especially with her curls!

Almond flour pancakes:
I make these for everyone, so much healthier and you don't have to nap after eating them! I always double the recipe and just put leftovers in fridge for a snack or the next morning

1/2 c. almond flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 eggs
2 T. maple syrup (I cut this in half or omit, have also used agave syrup)
pinch of salt
2 T. buttermilk (I have used everything from cream to rice milk with no problems)

Mix well and pour smallish pancakes (I use 1/8 c.). They are thinner than regular pancakes but thicker than a crepe. I eat them plain but let the kids have some organic maple syrup on top.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potaty View Post

I am obsessed with my kids, lol. People have always approached me in public over their hair, they get so much attention from it, I'm sure Erin does too, especially with her curls!

Almond flour pancakes:
I make these for everyone, so much healthier and you don't have to nap after eating them! I always double the recipe and just put leftovers in fridge for a snack or the next morning

1/2 c. almond flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 eggs
2 T. maple syrup (I cut this in half or omit, have also used agave syrup)
pinch of salt
2 T. buttermilk (I have used everything from cream to rice milk with no problems)

Mix well and pour smallish pancakes (I use 1/8 c.). They are thinner than regular pancakes but thicker than a crepe. I eat them plain but let the kids have some organic maple syrup on top.
Thanks for the recipe! Everywhere we go we get stopped because of her hair. Unfortunately her curls are gone I had to get her hair cut shorter because she wouldn't let me brush it! It was always tangled and the natural curls made it worse. I'll try to post a pic in my journal of her new "do"
Old 02-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #245
Blabbermouth!!!

Gracie, she is so cute!!!! Does she still have her ornery streak? Chloe is very sweet but so dramatic and sassypants sometimes! She will be the one to give me gray hair

Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #246

Quote:
Gracie, she is so cute!!!! Does she still have her ornery streak? Chloe is very sweet but so dramatic and sassypants sometimes! She will be the one to give me gray hair

Oh my, she is devilish!!! Me and DH just look at eachother sometimes like WTH??? She's like a real live cartoon character. Love her more than anything in the world though
Old 02-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #247
Blabbermouth!!!

Those cute little 3 year old stinkers!

I forgot to mention last night that I had my first "you've lost more weight" compliment yesterday from a client I see about every 3 weeks! And today I noticed that my legs cross really easily, you know when your top leg rests straight down next to your other leg instead of poking out? Yay for NSV! Now I just need the weight to come off my stomach instead of my legs! LOL

Today's menu:
3 coffees with hwc
3 ozs cheese
bunless Whopper with cheese
red pepper strips with dip
Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #248
Blabbermouth!!!

Tomorrow is Tucker's bday party so will be surrounded by pizza and dessert. *sigh*
Old 02-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!

My calories were really high today compared to what I've been eating lately so I am expecting a gain tomorrow. I hope not, my carbs were still low but I can't help but think there will be a price to pay.

Americano with hwc
Chipotle steak fajita bowl (no rice or beans)
iced tea with sweetener
smoked brisket
cheddar cheese
Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #250
Blabbermouth!!!

I was 194.0 yesterday morning and 197.6 (clothed) this morning. Obviously, I indulged in the party. Pizza, ice cream, and cupcakes and today I am feeling it! I don't need a blood test to tell me I am sensitive to gluten. My body aches today from my hips to my mid back and my belly is bloated. Tucker had a great time and we had an unseasonably warm day so they even got to play outside!

No more big celebrations for me until my big 35th birthday in May and I am loading (LC) for my next hcg round next weekend. This week I will focus back on Atkins '72 and aiming for 193 or less (my LDW of my last round). I am really hoping by doing a LC load, I will be able to fly through the 180s and into the high 170s for my round.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #251
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Happy Birthday to your baby!!! 197 doesn't seem too bad, especially since you had clothes on. That water weight will be gone in a day or two. I think 193 is VERY doable and then it's ownward and downward. I think the key to some great initial loses will be to keep your load LC. Just pick a few of your favorite things for this weekend. I'd prob load on a big juicy fatty steak, some brocolli smothered in bacon and cheese and sour cream, and a favorite Linda Sue recipe or two.

Oh, and congrats on the compliment!! You're doing great!! And I wish we could pick where we lost our weight. I'd lose my first few from my face right now - it's making me feel bad that's its so puffy... Then the next 50 would be from my stomach.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #252

I agree with Amber, your weigh isn't bad at all considering you were fully clothed. I would think that adds a couple pounds. When I loaded I ate everything in sight! That makes for a really crappy few days on vlcd. High fat, low carb is probably the way to go.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks girls, I know it will come off in a few days but I am crashing hard today! I am so tired and craving chocolate in a big way! I just made some cheeseburger patties with onions fried in butter to help. Now I'm having a coffee with hwc to try to wake up some.

Here's what I need to remember during my hcg round: It is not all about weight loss, it's also a hormonal therapy that will help balance me out. It is not normal to have chin hair. It is not normal to have no libido. It is not normal to have chronic acne. It is not normal to have chronic inflammation that makes me feel like I am a 60 year old. I need to keep my focus on the big picture, because for me, this is more than just my size or the number on the scale. I want to *feel* good too.

And here is my load wishlist: lots of coffee with hwc, a big a ribeye, bacon and eggs, homemade chicken salad, avocado, roasted cauliflower. I think I want to do something sweet.....not sure what that will be yet. I might just buy a Reese's PB egg and eat that very last thing on Sunday night or something. Artificial sweeteners have been giving me headaches all of a sudden.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #254
Blabbermouth!!!

Today's menu:
2 coffees with hwc
2 small cheeseburger patties, sauteed onions, mayo (so good!)
cashews (too many, but I suppose it's better than something totally off plan)
salad with Ranch (again, it was too big but at least it was LC, probably 2.5-3 c. of lettuce)
4 ozs cheese

I have been kind of pissy and anxious today, no doubt caused by my carbfest yesterday. In all reality, I didn't go crazy at the party, I ate normally but it definitely affected me on a large scale (punny, haha).
Old 02-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #255
Blabbermouth!!!

195.4 and I hurt more today than I did yesterday. I think it might be time to see a doctor about this, I am worried it might be autoimmune. Even when I've been on plan for a good length of time and even during my hcg rounds it hasn't completely gone away.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #256
Blabbermouth!!!

After asking Dr. Google, I am thinking perhaps hypothyroid. I have so many symptoms. Just waiting for my mom to get to work so I can call and pick her brain on natural ways to help/correct. HCG should help correct it too so there's another reason to do a round soon! I remember when I got to 165 before I got pg with Austen, I felt so great, not one single hint of inflammation. I just want to feel that way again!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!

If it's inflammation, then I think hcg and even a longer bout of LC will help immensely. Fasting and lower calories have been shown to reduce inflammation. And lower body weight definitely helps. I think you're on the right track. Hopefully your mom will have something that can immediately help though.

Your loading wishlist sounds amazing. I would happily feast on those choices!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #258
Blabbermouth!!!

I had a very high cal day, hope it doesn't hurt me too bad. And tomorrow, I totally forgot about Tucker's fieldtrip. We are going to a children's play and they serve each person 2 slices of pizza. I think I will just give each kid one of my pieces and hope I don't stick out like a sore thumb. I can always use the "not eating wheat/gluten intolerant" excuse.

Today's menu:
1 coffee with hwc
Americano with hwc
cashews
3 cheeseburger patties with sauteed onions and mayo
2 brats with sauerkraut and mustard

I ordered the Weight Loss Apocalypse workbook last night. I think it might help me focus on the upcoming round to have something to do each night.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #259

Quote:
I had a very high cal day, hope it doesn't hurt me too bad. And tomorrow, I totally forgot about Tucker's fieldtrip. We are going to a children's play and they serve each person 2 slices of pizza. I think I will just give each kid one of my pieces and hope I don't stick out like a sore thumb. I can always use the "not eating wheat/gluten intolerant" excuse.

Today's menu:
1 coffee with hwc
Americano with hwc
cashews
3 cheeseburger patties with sauteed onions and mayo
2 brats with sauerkraut and mustard

I ordered the Weight Loss Apocalypse workbook last night. I think it might help me focus on the upcoming round to have something to do each night.

Have fun on the field trip! Just tell them you have acid reflux and can't eat the red sauce. I have acid reflux really bad and if I eat red sauce it can get nasty!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #260
Blabbermouth!!!

Have fun on the trip! And skip the pizza. It won't even be the good stuff.

What's this workbook? I could use a workbook.

And those burgers sound awesome. Are you cooking the onions in the burger fat or in butter or oil or what?

Remember how you asked about those bbq sauces? Well DS knocked over one from the pantry and it hit the floor last night and busted everywhere. DH had to spend 30 minutes cleaning up glass and bbq sauce from the floor/walls/DS. He said it smelled REALLy good though. I still have the original flavor in the pantry and I moved it up really, really high to protect it.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

Fieldtrip postponed to next Wed due to our snowstorm. So that means I will be on hcg and hopefully "in the zone" and won't want it anyways!

It's a workbook for the hcg diet but I think it would be helpful for anyone because I think it discusses the hunger scale and how to divorce your relationship with emotional eating. I will let you know how it is when it gets here, it was $50 so it had better be good! LOL

That's too bad about the BBQ sauce!

Scale was up to 196.4. Blah
Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #262
Blabbermouth!!!

I've been peeing a ton today so I hope the scale shows it tomorrow! We are in a huge snowstorm, the whole state has shut down basically. Tomorrow is Tucker's birthday and he wants to go to Pizza Hut for dinner, LOL. Luckily our small town has one but we'll have to see if they're open tomorrow!

Today's menu:
3 coffees with hwc I was cold!
2 brats with sauerkraut & mustard
3 ozs cheese
salad with Ranch
cashews
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #263
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Birthday Tucker!! Now don't eat the pizza, Katy!! Only toppings and salad. It's not worth it!!

Only a few days left until you start hcg. Keep working hard and you'll be in the 80s soon!!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #264
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking in from the snowpacalypse. Record setting snow here, no school today and they've already cancelled for tomorrow. Scale was 194.8 with clothes on.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #265

Quote:
Checking in from the snowpacalypse. Record setting snow here, no school today and they've already cancelled for tomorrow. Scale was 194.8 with clothes on.
That's a great weigh in!!!! Stay inside
Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #266
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I survived Pizza Hut. I just drank water while everyone else ate. It wasn't too bad but the longer we sat, the hungrier I got. I ended up eating a couple rice krispy treats when we got home (that was his bday treat instead of cake).

Today's menu:
2 coffees with hwc
3 ozs cheese
4 salmon patties with mayo
3 almond flour pancakes (no syrup)
rice krispy treats
Old 02-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #267
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been sitting here researching my recent symptoms trying to figure out WTH is wrong with me and I have come to 3 conclusions: A)hypothyroid B)gluten sensitive/intolerant C)Both, each making the other worse

I know they can sneak gluten into pretty much anything and I have not been reading any labels other than to look at carb counts so it is very possible that although I am eating LC, I may not be eating gluten free. As a good test for it, I will be skipping the melba toast during my hcg round to see if my pain lessens or goes away. I am also wondering about my coffee. I know it sounds silly but I normally drink Blue Mountain Jamaican coffee but recently ran out. They only sell it at TJ Maxx here and it has not been convenient for me to go there in the last week so I have Dunkin' Donuts right now. It seems like the coffee switch coincided with the increase in inflammation. That will be another good test because I also plan to go coffee and dairy free for the hcg round too. I am just stickin' to protein, veggies and fruits.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Katy - First of all, great WI. You are kicking booty. Second, the rice krispy treats were probably a better choice than pizza or cake. And third, I bet you are still taking in gluten. My sister went gluten free to see if that was causing her some stomach indigestion issues and it was VERY difficult. There is gluten in almost everything. I googled the issue of DD coffee and gluten and the first site I saw had a reply pasted in from DD that said that there can be some cross contamination from the equipment used to harvest the coffee beans. So it could very well be the coffee.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #269

I think you did great considering the other options!!! My only advice to you is to stop researching online and just go to a doctor. I always diagnose myself with awful things and then the doctor reassures me there is nothing going on and that I need to lose weight and exercise. I've even seen endocrinologists for hormone/thyroid issues and they all say it's normal. I've had them run all of the significant tests too. I believe high fructose corn syrup is to blame for a lot of the obesity in the US for both children and adults. When we were little everything sweet contained real sugar and now it's HFCS. That stuff is toxic!!! I try not to eat it but alas, my Oreo escapade this week shows that I cannot resist.
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 02-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #270
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks, Amber! I don't know if I've talked much about it on this journal but Tucker has some pretty severe food sensitivities, wheat being one of them. It's not an "allergy" but a sensitivity meaning the reaction doesn't happen immediately but several hours after ingestion (for him it's dark circles, nasal congestion, nothing super severe like headaches or stomachaches). I put him through the LEAP testing but have yet to jump fully into him being wheat free. I have dabbled with substitutions of his favorite things but really need to just pull the trigger and get our whole family on the same page. It just seems so daunting when all of the quick convenience foods are so cheap and easy but his health is worth it.

He is a super smart little guy and I have read about a correlation between food issues and being gifted. I don't know if that is all bunk or not but it makes me wonder. His brain works in a very interesting and mature way for his age...it will be interesting to see what path he takes as he grows and learns.

I am going to check any labels I have today to see if they say gluten free on them (hwc, brats, cheese, etc). Remember a couple of months ago when I was dizzy and had numbness and tingling and slurred speech? Those were all listed on gluten intolerant and hypo pages so I bet I'm on to something. Also, when I was trying to have Tucker and was using TCOYF charting, my basal body temp was always in the 96s which is a hypo symptom.

Today I was 195.4 so I am paying for the rice krispy treats!