LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Thanks Amber & Gracie

DH went to work today, but he never calls in sick. He is one of "those" people who goes in and spreads his germies. I get after him all the time for it. I don't think it was the flu though, no fever. Just a bad cold I think.

I am doing protocol with a couple tweaks (hnh in my coffee).
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potaty View Post
Thanks Amber & Gracie

DH went to work today, but he never calls in sick. He is one of "those" people who goes in and spreads his germies. I get after him all the time for it. I don't think it was the flu though, no fever. Just a bad cold I think.

I am doing protocol with a couple tweaks (hnh in my coffee).
I've been thinking about doing a modified round maybe after the Superbowl. We have a huge party for both my DD Gracie's birthday and the Superbowl - that could be my loading day. I just want to get back in the 180s for crapsake JUDDD works good for me but I always get impatient.
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

That sounds good! When is the Super Bowl? Obviously not a pro football fan here, LOL

My sweet baby turns 1 tomorrow, how is that possible? How old will Gracie be?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #184

Quote:
That sounds good! When is the Super Bowl? Obviously not a pro football fan here, LOL

My sweet baby turns 1 tomorrow, how is that possible? How old will Gracie be?
The Superbowl is February 3rd. We are going out on Saturday to a fundraiser with a bunch of friends. They rented a bus so nobody has to drive!!! So this weekend and the following are OUT for protocol. I don't think I have anything big planned in February.

Gracie will be 10 on February 4th!!! Double digits
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

My baby is one, bittersweet for sure! He is such a blessing! Worth the weight, indeed!

194.6 this morning, I feel like I am getting whatever DH has/had which seems to be just another head cold.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

194.0, just 1.2 from new territory and I will not screw it up this time! If I'm honest though, I am very, very worried about the cupcakes and ice cream on Sunday for little man's party. I was planning on making them (a recipe from Pinterest that looks delish) but now I don't know what to do.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Happy Be-lated birthday to your little boy!!!!

Honestly, I'd buy cupcakes from a place you don't love. I also was the one who suggested not serving cupcakes, but maybe that's mean. If you feel tempted, it's not worth it. Make his special cupcake, and get something subpar for the kids. No adult will care. Serve fruit kabobs and things like that instead. Or make cupcakes in a flavor you don't care for. I dislike vanilla. So I could serve those w/o temptation.

You can do it!! You are soooooooo close to new territory. After that, you'll be soooooooooooo close to the 80s. Don't backpedal over something that Austen doesn't care if you eat.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

My problem is that Tucker is allergic to food dyes, he cannot have them at all and everything from bakeries contains them. I am not so much worried about eating a cupcake, but taking tastes of the frosting. The frosting is what gets me. Maybe I can convince DH to frost them. I have a SIL who does cakes on the side but she can be psycho about things. I might send her a text and see if she can do them for me.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

oh, and I decided not to make the pinterest ones because I know I will want to try them. I am just sticking with plain white and chocolate cupcakes and probably chocolate and vanilla ice cream. I think I will also do a veggie and fruit tray, maybe some cheese and crackers too. Simple, short and sweet is how we roll, lol.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale was up to 195.4 today. Trying to not be discouraged. I am starting Couch-5k on Sunday which is 3 days a week. I think I am only going to weigh on my run days from now on. It will give me a break from daily fluctuations yet I will be able to make sure progress is being made. The other days of the week I am going to do just a general cardio and weight workout.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

did good today. DH is working OT tonight and I am wanting to snack out of boredom!!! I am drinking a Vitamin Water Zero instead.....woe is me.

I can tell a substantial difference in my size today, even though the scale is up. My hips/legs are so much thinner, I still have a belly but it's a lot smaller too. I am hoping to be in the 180s by my weigh in on Thursday.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Disaster=Me. Gah, I am so sick of myself and lack of commitment to my own goals.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

For the next few weeks I will be switching to low carb. I need to screw my head back on straight and take some time to evaluate where I am and what I need to do. I clearly need to tackle some emotional eating problems. I have also decided to take the pressure off of my birthday goal. I moved my goal from my birthday to the end of the year. I feel like it's best to do that and lose this weight as slowly as I need to, as trying to rush it is getting me (almost) nowhere.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #194

Quote:
For the next few weeks I will be switching to low carb. I need to screw my head back on straight and take some time to evaluate where I am and what I need to do. I clearly need to tackle some emotional eating problems. I have also decided to take the pressure off of my birthday goal. I moved my goal from my birthday to the end of the year. I feel like it's best to do that and lose this weight as slowly as I need to, as trying to rush it is getting me (almost) nowhere.
I'm right with you girlfriend! I did good yesterday and kept it low-carb and I was at 197 this morning. Self sabotage bites the big one
Old 01-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #195
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
I'm right with you girlfriend! I did good yesterday and kept it low-carb and I was at 197 this morning. Self sabotage bites the big one
Thanks, Gracie, I'm glad someone understands. I don't know how I can be everyone else's cheerleader all the time but I can't cheer myself on. I also don't understand why I can be so OCD and perfectionistic (is that even a word? LOL) with everything else but my diet and weight? Anyways, I am doing Atkins '72 to cut my cravings and get some water weight off for at least the next 3 weeks.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #196

Quote:
Thanks, Gracie, I'm glad someone understands. I don't know how I can be everyone else's cheerleader all the time but I can't cheer myself on. I also don't understand why I can be so OCD and perfectionistic (is that even a word? LOL) with everything else but my diet and weight? Anyways, I am doing Atkins '72 to cut my cravings and get some water weight off for at least the next 3 weeks.
I think that's a great plan. Maybe you started your second round too early this time. The protocol is no joke and not easy to follow. Your mind has to be 100% in the game - that's why I can't bring myself to do another round yet. My good friend just started up a diet and she's just watching what she's eating and started to exercise. She already lost 12 pounds! I'm like, WTH am I doing wrong???? I'm happy for her, so happy I could spit
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

I feel the same way. I feel like I"m more or less together in my life, except for my weight. Why is it so hard to tackle? I honestly struggle to understand how I can go from being so motivated to eating 10 cookies and pizza. What's wrong with us sometimes?

I don't blame you for doing LC for a bit. I find that it's the best WOE to tackle cravings. I love eating with my family right now, but may need to switch back to LC eventually. I find the cravings calling to me every few days right now and I'm not always able to overcome them. I'm working on it, but man is this hard.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL Gracie!!!! I do think it was a mistake to try to do back to back rounds. I was almost done with this one but I wasn't really getting anywhere with it.

Amber my cravings are out.of.control. Actually, I guess it's not really cravings, but if I dare have one taste of something sweet, it's all over. Portion control does not exist to me when I am talking about sweets. I really think it stems from my childhood and how my parents handled snacks and food. I try really hard to make sure my kids know that they don't have to have happy plates and that they don't have to eat it all now or lose out.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Today's weight: 199.0

Today's menu:
coffee with cream (at Chik-fi-la with the kids)
Americano with hwc
LC salmon patties dipped in mayo
scrambled eggs with cheese
cashews

I know the cashews aren't Atkins '72 but considering I was literally standing in the kitchen checking to see if I had all of the ingredients for no bake cookies, I'm gonna call that a success. Today wasn't hard but DH is out of town again so I want to emotionally eat (boredom, loneliness) after the kids are in bed.

Tomorrow I am planning on more scrambled eggs and some hamburgers with cheese and mayo.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm proud of you Katy for taking control and switching when you needed to switch. You know, the grass is always greener, but your menu looks AMAZING to me. Cashews, eggs, mayo, cheese. Mmmmmm.

And please text or email or call or whatever if you get bored. I'm always here for you.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Amber, I almost texted you last night so you could talk me out of the cookies but it was late

I was happy with the scale this morning, down to 196.8 Both kids are puking today, yay!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #202

Quote:
Thanks Amber, I almost texted you last night so you could talk me out of the cookies but it was late

I was happy with the scale this morning, down to 196.8 Both kids are puking today, yay!
OMG everyone is getting sick!!!! Hope you don't get it and the kids get better soon.

Great weigh in this morning! I think the low-carb break is just what you needed. It doesn't matter what plan we're on - it only matters that we follow it. Easier said than done...
Old 01-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

My kids have cyclical vomiting syndrome where they randomly puke in the mornings and are better by lunch. their last episode was August. Every child is different as to what causes it but I am inclined to think theirs is related to weather/pressure changes since they do it on the same days usually. Weirdest thing ever! They are both fine now, they each only puked once.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

Today's menu:
coffee with cream
Americano with hwc
brisket
hamburger patties with cheese, mayo
cashews
cheddar cheese

I had a pretty calorie dense day so tomorrow's weight will be interesting.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:01 AM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Amazing, Katy!!!!! You are doing GREAT with LC. Considering you were just eating a pretty restricted diet, I'm surprised your body went straight to losing so quick. Fantastic!!!

So here's my question, do you feel full fast since you were just hcg'ing? Or do you feel like you're eating a lot since now you get free range of LC yumminess?
Old 01-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I don't know if I get fuller faster but I definitely got into ketosis quickly! I don't have much hunger at all but am still wanting to snack...I have a wicked oral fixation and usually chew sugar free gum but I think the food dyes in it are affecting me like they affect DS so I stopped (unexplained anger, rage, general moodiness).

I am surprised at my losses too, of course I just now got to the point I was at last week before I fell off the hcg wagon, I am still striving for the elusive 180s! I think doing nearly zero carbs really helps me, even though it's boring and I'd love to have a big salad or something right now. I need to stick this out for a little longer and then re-evaluate what I want to do. Maybe another hcg round but if I continue to lose, I may stick with this a little longer too. Now that I don't have the pressure of goal by my bday, I can decide whatever I'd like without considering deadlines.

I am super sad and heartbroken today. My Grandpa (only have one) is declining very rapidly with his dementia and the decision has been made to put him in a nursing home in Colorado. Which means I have to say goodbye this weekend with the knowledge that I will never see him (alive) again.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

Today's menu:
americano with hwc
cashews (probably too many)
3 small cheeseburger patties with mayo
mozzarella stick

I felt really lethargic at work today, hardly had the energy to do my last deep tissue massage. I have a big massage event tomorrow and Saturday so hopefully I have better energy tomorrow. And I keep crying over my grandpa and crying always makes me tired.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so sorry about your grandpa.

Yesterday, at work, there was an older couple touring my building and taking pictures. I stopped and watched them for a moment. They were likely in their 80s. I have been so blessed to have amazing grandparents, but all of them are dead now except one. And she's the one I know the least and have been the least close to my entire life. My heart ached watching them because I miss my grandparents so much. I'm soooooo very sorry that you are having to say goodbye. I have no strong words of encouragement for you, only hugs and sympathy. It's a very sad thing.

Your menu looks good. Those cashews can be pretty carby though, so be careful. I tend to stall with them, but I have zero portion control with cashews.

Hang in there. The crying is probably making you extra exhausted.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Amber. I don't know how I'm going to get through it without crying. He doesn't know yet that he is going to a nursing home so I just have to pretend I'm just doing a regular visit.

Americano with hwc
cheddar cheese
hamburger patty
cashews (they are gone now)