Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Laura,
My naturopath has me drinking lemon juice in the morning for strengthening my liver. So when I saw on Dr Oz that dandelion root was good for that (and other things) I bought some. Its really good for you, but appetite stimulants are not a good thing for me to take... I am overly sensitive to everything, so it probably doesn't bother most people. I have a bunch of things I've tried that don't agree with me.

Yes, DH is really enjoying being home & back to work. Although he's got today off.

Its going to be a busy day for me. After work I'm meeting my neighbor to hike up a look-out. Then rush home & fix dinner (& house) for company. Not looking forward to such a busy afternoon/evening. Oh well.

Hope you have a good day!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiked up a mountain yesterday...
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #243
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Tell me you took off your coat only to take that picture. Please tell me that! OMG, Debby. It looks like you are standing in front of some fake back-drop. I need to come visit you some fine day. BREATHtaking!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Tell me you took off your coat only to take that picture. Please tell me that! OMG, Debby. It looks like you are standing in front of some fake back-drop. I need to come visit you some fine day. BREATHtaking!
Sorry, I took my coat off because I was hot! Very steep climb going up there, 50 minutes of it.
You're sure welcome to come visit
Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #245
Big Yapper!

Ooh! Maybe someday if I can afford even the smallest of the small RV's. I would want to drive out. I hate flying. You miss so much beauty and lovely experiences. Maybe someday God will bless me with the funds to make that dream a reality, too. Who knows! Look at what He's done for me with horses and a job! And a lovely rental! And so much more; how can I count the ways?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Debby, Cheryl is right, that looks like a photo behind you ! I can't believe it's so beautiful there...... I will hide in Cheryl's RV and stow away to come see you too haha!
I see Shelby has a friend too........ nice !

Cheryl hope you stayed warm !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK Laura, that would be fun, hey?

Yes, that's Coogee, the neighbor's pup that we see weekly. Gets her weekly snow-wash! LOL... They love to play.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

We'll be bringing the kiddo's home after church, should be fun.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #248
Big Yapper!

Sure, Laura. I'll just swing down and visit TX for old time's sake and then pick you up, then off we'll go. Isn't it insanely beautiful there?? That's the kind of grandeur that I need in my heart and soul. I miss the West so much when I see scenes like that. No such thing in CT (Or on the East coast at all. Maybe way up north in New England, near Canada.)
Old 02-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!

taking off on road trip tomorrow with DH. Will check in ........ headed toward New Mexico.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #250
Big Yapper!

HAVE FUN!!!! Take pics to post for us when you get back!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
taking off on road trip tomorrow with DH. Will check in ........ headed toward New Mexico.
Adios Amigo! Have a restful blast!

I had a great Monday, everything went so well, did shopping & enjoyed it, the sun was shining brightly & the temperature was above freezing again.

Enjoying my Biggest Loser now.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #252
Big Yapper!

DANG! It's warmer where you are than where I am! It was so dang cold today and with the wind, it had to be -5 or something. I was out in it for 3.5 hours at the farm. The water buckets were freezing over. I'd break through the water bucket ice (in the paddocks) and the next time I was back in that same paddock to do something else, it had frozen over again. I don't understand why they didn't have the large heated buckets out there. BIG mistake. Not good for human or beast.

I'm tired and I'm going to rest now. Will give details tomorrow. Hugs and love to you, dear friend!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ew!! Brrr!
Have a good rest!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #254
Big Yapper!

I will. All tucked in.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #255
Blabbermouth!!!

Having fun....hope to see some snow tomorrow !
Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #256
Big Yapper!

How are you, Debby? Haven't seen you around in a while. Miss you! Are you hiking up mountains or skiing across large open fields which you own (so envious!) or are you jogging Shelby up and down the driveway with your van? How's the Flex Force thing going? Are you increasing the resistance? How's the job? How's the hubby?

There! That ought to keep you busy in your reply post. I got Cissy on the treadmill right now. I'm doing the farm later and she seems a little like she needed some exercise so I am at the kitchen table with the laptop so I can be near her as she walks on the treadmill in the next room (which is my office/slash other things room.)

We have a whopper of a snow storm coming this Friday. Oh, joy. Can't we send it down to Laura, Lord? She's the one who wants some!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Thanks for asking Cheryl.

I had kind of a tough day yesterday. Some stress over nothing, but stress messes me up so easily! The adrenals are so sensitive.

I've been doing my 40-60 minutes of exercise daily. Couple times this week have been skiing, but its been too warm a lot of the time. So I don't go when it turns to ice, or some gravel showing up. When I don't ski or walk, I do the elliptical for the aerobic part. Then use my flex for the other half of the time.
I was noticing that I'm starting to get firmer & definition showing up. Getting stronger too.

If I do elliptical I run Shelby with van. Your treadmill work-out for Cissy cracks me up! so funny!

You'll be having exercise with shoveling, huh?

I got my TSH tested today. It's up from .06 to .11 - Got the Dr that isn't quite as flexible (clinic)... so he wants me to lower dose to 60 from 67.5 mg. I'm a bit nervous about it. I'll alternate those two every other day. I don't want to go back to hypo.

Hope you have a great day!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #258
Big Yapper!

And your van running cracks ME up. I'll have to upload a video of her on the treadmill someday. I've never posted a video on Youtube but it would be a worthwhile thing to learn how to do. I'll keep you posted.

That sucks that you have to adjust your thyroid meds. I have GOT to get my labs drawn soon. I've been dreading it because my cholesterol is always high. I will just have to suck it up and do it. If my thyroid meds are optimum, I'd be in shock.

Have a nice night, Debby. Catch you again tomorrow, after all storm prep and shopping is done. Oy! Sorry for your less than stellar day yesterday.

ETA: I had to edit two big errors in this post. It was Youtube, NOT Craigslist, and it was MY cholesterol, not "theirs." I guess I'm distracted.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-06-2013 at 09:04 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No worries Cheryl,
I was typing a long answer on your thread! So you fixed it before I even saw it.
That would be fun to see a short clip of Cissy running. facebook lets you upload them... just sayin.
Hope you don't lose your power with that storm...
You might have a pleasant surprise on your cholesterol next time you test it...
Thanks for the comfort. Much better day today, somewhat like yours.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #260
Big Yapper!

I never thought about loading it on facebook. That's a good idea! But she doesn't run, only walks. She's 10 years old with hip troubles. I give her an aspirin twice daily. I wish I could afford Glucosamine and Chondroitin (for us both) but too much money for me right now. I wonder if that stuff comes by prescription. That would make it very affordable for me, then I could buy her's out of her monthly budget.

It's 1:30 in the morning. I need to stop typing! Night. Again.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby sorry you had a bad day the other day, but glad it's better now. And I think making a video of Shelby running behind you is a great idea. She is so pretty ! We are having a good time ~~ posted on my journal on here ~~ ttyl .

Cheryl, put it on facebook please, that would be funny
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Laura!
I see you have a blog too, but your link in your signature doesn't work for me... is it here?
Happy you're having a good time!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That sucks that you have to adjust your thyroid meds. I have GOT to get my labs drawn soon. I've been dreading it because my cholesterol is always high. I will just have to suck it up and do it. If my thyroid meds are optimum, I'd be in shock.
Catch you again tomorrow, after all storm prep and shopping is done. Oy! Sorry for your less than stellar day yesterday.
So glad you got all prepared for the storm, that's one good thing about all the media hype, I guess.
Thanks, console... I think I may have discovered why I'm getting so stressed. I've been "forgetting" to take my Isocort on time. So, today I put it next to the alarm clock & took it when the alarm went off. I had to discuss a nasty person/situation today, that yesterday "stressed me out" just talking about it... didn't stress me today!
Quote:
I wish I could afford Glucosamine and Chondroitin (for us both) but too much money for me right now. I wonder if that stuff comes by prescription. That would make it very affordable for me, then I could buy her's out of her monthly budget.
I used to give my older dog tylenol twice a day too. It helped her a lot... that & letting her sleep indoors in the winter.
Quote:
Debby sorry you had a bad day the other day, but glad it's better now. And I think making a video of Shelby running behind you is a great idea. She is so pretty ! We are having a good time ~~ posted on my journal on here ~~ ttyl .
Cheryl, put it on facebook please, that would be funny
Thanks Laura. I did much better today. Hope you're having a good time too!
We're having a long week-end. They made Monday "Family Day" here, making another stat holiday for us. Not sure what we're gonna do with it yet.

Hoping to to get my books set up better & start doing my January books... exciting, huh?!

Good night!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #264
Blabbermouth!!!

We are home now Tired, but we had fun. I goofed up, but it worked out...got my days mixed up, so we ended up home earlier than planned. But,we stopped and looked at RV's at several places on the way home ;0

Debby, thanks for telling me it wouldn't open my journal ;(. I messaged one of the admin's to see if they know whats wrong.

Tired, will ttyl ! Good job starting on books
Old 02-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome home Laura!
Glad you had fun! That's great. Have a good rest!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #266
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Debby ~ How long do you do your elliptical, if you don't mind me asking ? I used one ~ ok, I'm saying that very loosely ~ I ATTEMPTED to use one at the hotel about 3 or 4 times, and oh my gosh ! I couldn't believe how weak I was. I couldn't do it for even 5 minutes !! My arms and legs were unbelievably weak....... is that normal ? Did it take a long time to work up to it ?

I really want to buy my SIL's that she doesn't use... but wow........
Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #267
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW, thanks for telling me about journal, not sure If I thanked you yet,. ... Dottie said she can fix it
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #268
Big Yapper!

Debby, I change my Avi mainly for you. I know you can't see all the videos I've posted so check out my Avi. That is my car under there! The wind is still scouring the land, so no shoveling out until it settles down. It will just fill back in. Pointless.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Morning Debby ~ How long do you do your elliptical, if you don't mind me asking ? I used one ~ ok, I'm saying that very loosely ~ I ATTEMPTED to use one at the hotel about 3 or 4 times, and oh my gosh ! I couldn't believe how weak I was. I couldn't do it for even 5 minutes !! My arms and legs were unbelievably weak....... is that normal ? Did it take a long time to work up to it ?
I really want to buy my SIL's that she doesn't use... but wow........
Yep, it takes conditioning. Was the elliptical set on the lowest setting? It is essential to "watch tv" so you can get your mind on something else. I wouldn't last too long if I did it without watching one of my shows... Dr Oz, biggest loser, NCIS, etc... fast moving, lots of dialog. If you do buy one, cross-train. Do your 5 minutes on the elliptical, get off, do "step" for 5 minutes, get back on elliptical do 5 minutes, get off, do something else (crunches?), etc... build yourself up.
When I do elliptical only, its 40 minutes. But since I bought the flex, I only do 20-30 minutes plus flex. But I've been at it since September 2011. I do remember when I was convicted of needing to move... God told me to "walk out the door (summer) walk 5 minutes, then come back... repeat every hour. That got me moving & off my chair... I'd been getting depressed from lack of sun & exercise, & lack of motivation. The thing is, get started. No matter how high the mountain, take that first step, then another... we tend to think its too hard & never try, but that's not true. My life has been proof of that, for sure! This slug is moving!
Quote:
BTW, thanks for telling me about journal, not sure If I thanked you yet,. ... Dottie said she can fix it
Thanks for fixing it! I subscribed, will read it soon. Fun to have friends here.
Quote:
Debby, I change my Avi mainly for you. I know you can't see all the videos I've posted so check out my Avi. That is my car under there! The wind is still scouring the land, so no shoveling out until it settles down. It will just fill back in. Pointless.
Ah, thanks Cheryl. I was just showing my dh that picture. Very impressive! We've been through several blizzards in our life, of course, but being where you are, this is really something! Challenging for you all. I hope you all dig out soon!
Blessings,
Debby
Old 02-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #270
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Debby, I plan to.....have been walking and doing dumbbells for "bat wings" and just didn't think I would be that wimpy....... dang !