Yea!!! WTG, Debby!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
My day went pretty well just felt tired, so I took a short nap. I am getting through the "big stuff" that I need to, for this time of year. Kind of distracted & missing dh a lot.

All 3 of the pastors are sick with what I think is the flu, or a very bad cold. Had our weekly staff meeting with all three sniffling & blowing. But fortunately they left the door open.

I'm trying to add more food to my diet. Although I'm enjoying the new number on the scale. Can't remember how low my lowest healthy weight is. I know that I got "too low" on extreme low-carb diet back in my 30's. I have the jeans from back then & they're quite tight to try on. Funny that I still have them! They're back in style now too!

I'm still working hard at "toning," getting stronger. Probably should do longer cardio, but don't want to spend more then 45 minutes a day working out. I am noticing that picking up heavy things doesn't worry me at all anymore. This week I bought a huge bag of dog food, cat food, and one of those really heavy kitty-litters. No problem. I just slung them around easy. Also filled the water jug from the water cooler & carried it around (that was a little more challenging, but no problem either). Its sure nice! Not too long ago I had to maneuver those dog-food bags very carefully. Progress.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #213
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Yahooo! Sorry about the sick pastors. Hope you are spared from their germs. Hope hubby gets home soon. I know it's been a long time for the two of you to be apart. But just think about the reunion!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My neighbor & I took the dogs for a walk. Crazy dogs... wrestling & running & chewing on each other the whole way. Had to watch out for them slamming into us. She's had a knee replacement, so was very nervous about that. Both need more training. We walked up a huge hill, then hiked the back way to avoid highway... on a horse trail, very difficult & breaking into 2+ft of snow when fall off frozen steps. Took an hour, I can really feel it in my muscles.

After relaxing for an hour, I ran Shelby to end of driveway & got her to get in the van (with a treat) She did really well!! happy I didn't have to grab her & pull her in. Drove to mail-box to get mail & back... let her out to run again... she doesn't have much energy left! laugh Now I gave her another bone to chew on the porch. Must be doggy-in-heaven-day I need to remember to put "treats" in my pockets so I can train her the positive way... always forget.

Looks like DH & friend are heading for the ferry to Vanc. Island. They must of waited for the weather to warm up, because they haven't gone very far yet today. Couple more days now, for sure.

Two of the three pastors didn't make it to work today. Other one is getting better. I had a good day of work. My mood is much better. Probably need to go shopping this week-end, to get dairy for Dave. Also need some polysporin for Shelby's eyes (they're a bit red still), and a proper collar. The one she has on now keeps synching up on her... and the other dog took advantage of that today, pulling it. They're volleying for "top dog" position... laugh Coogie is stocky & strong, Shelby's taller & faster...
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #215
Big Yapper!

So hubby's friend caught back up to him? Wow! Seems like that would have been next to impossible, given the head start your hubby had on him. It's going to be a lovely reunion for the two of you.

Those dogs sound like they sure had a ball. Is the other dog young too? It still makes me stop and think whenever I read that you drove out to get your mail. I can't wrap my head around having that much land and being that far off the road. I love it, though and wish I were you!

I put Cisco out a while ago to go potty and it was snowing. Just lightly and no wind so I put her coat on her and let her go out. Now she's back inside and snoring softly in the corner of my room. I wish I could sleep the way dogs do. It's so easy for them to just slide into a state of unconsciousness.

My last day of being a carby girl is coming to an end. Down to the wire, now. I hope I can adjust to the LC WOE again, like it used to be in the beginning; back when I thought I would ride that wave all the way to my goal weight and beyond. This will be a whole new experience and I have to be open to whatever comes my way.

I put a pork tenderloin roast in the refrigerator to defrost. I will see about cooking it up in a crock pot or something. I could roast it but I'm not sure which way would be best. I'm getting sleepy now.

Goodnight, Debby. Glad you had a full day and got out and had some fun in the snow. Putting those doggy treats in your pocket is a very good idea. The way to a dog's heart is through his nose.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
glad you both sound like you had a good day !

Was 75 and sunny here today, snow sounds like much more fun to me !

Night !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #217
Big Yapper!

Oh, baby! If there was a "throttle you" smiley, I'd be using it right now. 70's sounds like Heaven to me. I could live comfortably in the 70's for the rest of my life. For the rest of my existence! Whether here on this earth or in the beyond. OMG! She wants some snow. Can we flip things for a week or two so she can have some of the fun we've been having? Please?????
Old 01-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, please ........
Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #219
Big Yapper!

Okay, Laura. Well, we know that our Lord knows the desires of our hearts. Let's see how it plays out now. I already saw the forecast for early and middle of next week and it's looking pleasant. I hope you get some of what you're urning for! I really do. There's enough to go around!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 01-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls,
I had a very productive day today.
Lots of house-work, lots of exercise, a trip to town, lots of baking, chatting on phone with DIL, & DH... overall great!
DH is now at our daughter's home, friend meeting him there presently. A 12 hr drive & he'll be home!
I'll finish de-boning my turkey tomorrow before taking the grandkids to church & visiting with them.
I'm so thankful to be feeling good last 2 days too.
Hope you're all having a good week-end!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #222
Big Yapper!

Wow! What a fabulous day! I keep looking at your Avi. Is it new? It looks slightly different from the one you had before. You're looking great!

I'm so glad DH is almost home. By "de-boning a turkey" do you mean cutting the meat off of it and discarding the carcass? Do you use it to make your own stock for soups and stuff? My sister turned me on to that. It makes such a flavorful brew. I'm going to do that when I get around to cooking the little turkey I have in my freezer.

Glad you enjoyed my pics from today. I only wish they were closer to the actual spectacle that I witnessed at that moment.

Sleep tight! I'm off to bed now. So happy I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. I had one busy, strenuous week. I worked at the farm four separate times and I'm only scheduled to do two per week. Today was an extra shift so from now on it's back to only 2. But I'll be glad when I get the perkier paycheck!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Cheryl, you're so observant! First one to notice it changed. I took a few on the same day, thought this one looked cheerier.

Yes, I used to make soups with the bones, but now that the kids moved out, DH is only good for 1 bowl... and salt is not my friend, so its not worth it for me to go to all the work. I have 2 carcasses saved up, think I'll give them to a friend who's on assistance. She's always happy to take stuff. I was thinking of making the soup for Shelby, but she's getting so used to people food, that she doesn't want to eat her dog food... so not a good idea.

If you're really "sore" all over, be warned... you may see water retention on the scale. Just sayin... I'm sure its a great work out!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #224
Big Yapper!

Good point! I'll have to see how being a farmer affects how LC works as a weight reduction plan. It had better still work cause I'm running out of ideas. I like the new pic. You look like you have vitality! Woohooo!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby so wonderful that you had a good day and DH is almost there. That's great news
Nice to think of your friend and give the carcasses to her. She will appreciate that for sure

Cheryl I loved the pics. <3 Glad you are off tomorrow to rest !

We looked at RV's today ....fun......expensive ! Can't wait till we can get one. It was fun to look and see what's out there
Old 01-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #226
Big Yapper!

Oh, that is exciting, Laura! What kind of RV are you shopping for? Will it be for occasional trips or for more regular use? I hope you're buying "pre-loved" because there's such a huge drop in value once you drive off the dealer's lot. I'll bet you can find some practically new units from people who bought and found that they couldn't afford it in reality.

I looked at a lot of RV's in the past. Over the years I've had a small Toyota motorhome (perfect for two people) and a couple of those slide-in truck campers. Those have an amazing amount of space inside! It's hard to believe you are sitting in the back of your truck! They make the truck very top-heavy, though.

Have a great day, ladies. It's sunny and going to be in the low 30's today! Woohooo! All the little birdies are out and active at the feeders. It's been a long time since I heard them chirping. Where do birdies go when it's super cold? Do they kind of hibernate? I wonder.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,
How fun Laura, looking & dreaming... those RV's are pretty nice! I've never ridden in one, but we've seen lots of them on the highways. Dreamed about owning one that you can drive your motorcycle into & store...

Cheryl, wonderful that you have nice weather today. The birdies stay sheltered in the trees, all fluffed up. I always wonder how their skinny little legs don't freeze!

Slept in again today... so nice. Have a good one!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #228
Big Yapper!

I like that picture of them being all fluffed up safe inside the trees. Maybe the Evergreens are their tree of choice. I know they would be mine! I think their legs are protected by those reptilian scales. But they do have a lot of nerves in their claws so it is a wonder how they don't freeze. God is marvelous, isn't He?

I was wrong about the temps being in the 30's today. It's still cold. Tomorrow looks like a better chance. HOWEVER, it is supposed to be a wintry mix at some point. I'm hoping that doesn't start until I'm home from the farm. Then on my second day of work this week, rain.

One of those RV's with the garage for the bike would be perfect for you guys! It's fun to dream about, even if it's not something you'll ever buy.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

It really was fun..... our old one was 31ft and a travel trailer that we pulled. DH wants this one to be a 5th wheel and a little bigger I think. With all the slides they are so BIG inside. DH already looked around Austin and there are 8 within a few miles, we might head up there on some days off so we can see lots of them in one day !

Debby, is DH coming home today ? Didn't you say he has a business ? Did you have to do any work there to cover for him ? That's nice that he can take long vacations......although he probably is wishing he was home a long time ago, without you along Did they camp the whole time ?

Cloudy here...looks like rain. Allie and I walked up and down road 3 times and then I helped DH wash my Tahoe ......he's finishing it then I need to get it in the garage.

Have a wonderful Sunday ladies !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #230
Big Yapper!

I was lusting after 5th wheels when I was shopping for an RV, too. I wanted two slides. When you get 3, then you need a very wide slip in any rv park and that limits where you can go. But one slide makes the bedroom really tight. I like the kitchen and dining room in the rear but I've heard others say it's better to have the kitchen in the middle due to all the jostling around when traveling down the road. I can see their point but I like what I like!

Must be nice to be in a climate where it's warm enough to wash your car! I'm green with envy. I was wondering the same thing about Debby's hubby. She said he was 12 hours away yesterday. Maybe he'll get there tomorrow?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls,
Hope you had a good Sunday. I did.
Took the kiddo's to church & then had a nice long visit with their Mommy.

DH will be home in a couple hours. Yeah!
Yes Laura, my DH is a self-employed carpenter. When he's between jobs he has freedom to go places. Last year was so busy that we couldn't get away for a long trip (which we like to do). So he was really antsy for a long time... that's why he jumped at going with our friend. After the end of February I will be able to go with him on another one, if he can fit it in. Hopefully we can.

I took Shelby for another run with the van today, as its melting out. She's so fast! Then did my elliptical & flex. Cooked up my veggies & enjoyed my turkey.

I enjoyed dressing up for church this morning. So good to have some new clothes.

Getting excited about DH coming home. Have a good night!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm excited for you both ! Have a great evening !

What kind of new clothes did you buy ? i love to shop when I lose weight, really didn't enjoy at all when I was heavy ....

That's really nice that DH can schedule his vacations around his job. that's perfect !!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL... Actually this time he scheduled his work around his vacation... I think that's going to happen more often now, after that grueling year, last year.

I've been buying lots of things at Old Navy (mail-order, good prices & free shipping & returns). Tops, sweaters, t-shirts, jeans, skirt & dress. But I found some dress pants locally, which I wore today. Love looking "slim" & being comfortable. I'm trying to dress nicer all the time. Tired of being sloppy, which I tend to get when I'm over-weight. I now wear leggings at home instead of sweats, dh hates sweats. & I love comfort!

It seems I get energy to tackle one thing at a time... exercise, then diet, then wardrobe... lots of other things too, but I'm kind of that way about everything.... couldn't handle going to Dr & dentist same month... had to muster up courage for each. Guess that's the adrenal thing though.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #234
Big Yapper!

That's funny but I hear ya (spacing out the discomforts.) So glad you're honey's almost there. I look forward to the day when I can get excited about clothes again. Night!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi!
Hope you all have a great day!
DH made it home just before 9 pm last night. So much catching up to do. Too bad I have to go to work!
See you later!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

so happy he's home ! I bet he is ready to spend some time with you ( and eat some home cooked meals too )
Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #237
Big Yapper!

Yea!! Hubby's home safe. Thank you Lord for watching over him on his long journey.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi!
Hope you're all having a good day. I had a good one.

DH went with me on my ski today. Nice to do that together. He noticed the difference in my skiing since last time we did that together I had a harder time keeping up (beginning of the season).

Recorded Biggest loser. DH home... will have to watch it while exercising tomorrow.

So happy for your weight loss Cheryl
Old 01-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had a really warm day today, 41 F degrees! Very strange winter.

I had a couple of hungry days, wondered why, then I notice that the dandelion root that I started taking (for strengthening your liver) says appetite stimulant! Quit taking it & was back to "no hunger" Gotta be more careful!

Cooked some swiss chard, it is so good!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Debby ~~ I have never heard that about Dandelion root ?? Did your Dr say it would help something wrong with your liver ? hmm...
How's DH liking being home ? Did he already head back to work ?

I bet you are so thankful he's there with you.

have a good evening !