Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
I'm quite relieved this morning. DH didn't check in after noon yesterday, so it scared me. But he checked in this morning & has made good progress. It looks like he may get to the border by tonight, if all goes well.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #182
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
that's wonderful, debby. he's really deep in mexico! will be great when he's in the states again.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi

DH's last check in @ 4 pm was getting close to the border. We're hoping he gets to his sister's tonight. Although that's going to be a marathon ride.

I got my new laptop today, just got Chrome synced. So nice... have all my bookmarks automatically. Its really fast! Yippee!! The keyboard on this LT is way big... having a hard time hitting the shift & enter keys. Also set up Skype so I can talk with DH face to face when he gets to his sister's.

I had a rough day today, didn't feel very good. I think going to bed stressed out about DH is why. Such a delicate flower... dumb adrenals. Feeling better now.

It warmed up a tremendous amount! I even got to go x-country skiing! Coffee was short & sweet, but I ran out of time, so couldn't get all my errands done... work stuff shoved it out. Will have to make another trip later this week.

Hope you all had a great day!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #184
Big Yapper!

yea!!!!! wtg, deb! bet you can't wait to see your honey. I'm glad the computer is running smoothly and all is well. Also glad it's warmer! It's getting cold again here. Will get between 3-6" tonight. Supposed to end by noon tomorrow. Hasn't started yet. Just put the dog out and nary a flake to be seen.

I'm glad I can just chill tomorrow and clean out at my leisure. I'm glad I went to help out at the farm today. Makes me feel good.

Night, ladies. Off to bed now. Tired but happy.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Cheryl! I think its great that you went down & helped out. That was very considerate.

Good night! Hope you sleep real good!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #186
Big Yapper!

Night to you, too.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
sorry i missed you girls......just got home and showered. Busy day. Pooped out. ;/

ttyl ! Sleep well
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #189
Big Yapper!

Yea!! I love that thing! What is it called?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, he made it to his sister's. And we got to talk already (on phone). Going to skype later.

Its a SPOT Satellite. Yes, very cool.

I'm feeling much better today physically. Scrambled my brains a bit at work, but got through some stuff.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #191
Big Yapper!

Yea!! Feels good to get it over with, doesn't it? Glad you're feeling better, too. Happy Skyping!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
I did have a good ski. And work-out too. Even got one floor vacuumed.

Skype worked so great with the new laptop & internet! Very smooth.

Have a great evening!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #193
Big Yapper!

That's great, Debby. Sleep tight. I'm off to bed now. Been writing on my journal and I've got myself all "wired" now. Hope to be able to relax enough to sleep. Too happy right now! Yahoooo!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good evening,
Today was very productive at work. I'm happy to be getting near the end of my year-end stuff there. Clearer brain!

Kind of a sleepy day today though. I think its just the low pressure outside though. Hard time getting up. Wanted to do other stuff instead of exercise... vacuumed & downloaded some music. Then I did my upper-body flex work-out. Let Shelby run with the car today.

Weather is sure warm! It was 39 today! Snow started melting even... wow.
One reason I didn't want to walk or x-country ski... would be slippery, I think.

Did some more cooking... BBQ hamburgers, broccoli stir-fry, & red cabbage (all separately) to stock my fridge & save the veggies from spoiling.

Hope you guys had a good day! And a great night's sleep... think I'll head there early.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #195
Big Yapper!

The board has been very quite today. I'm glad to see some life on your journal! Glad you got some good cooking going on. I just got myself into some trouble on another thread. I couldn't help myself. I meant it in a good way but I'm guessing it will come back to haunt me. I thought some levity was in order. It was a heavy topic.

Is your hubby spending a little while with his sister in AZ? I hope he gets rested-up before heading onward. His poor body's been through a lot with that dreaded condition. My nephew and his bride are down there right now. So far so good, I'm guessing. I hope they know enough to protect themselves from all things "Montezuma."

WTG on being productive! I went to that movie but it was funny. Sis said it wasn't starting until 3:40 so I planned my departure from my house accordingly. I got a call from her asking me where I was right then. Turns out she goofed on the start time of the movie so I missed the first "5 minutes" of it. But it was the most action-packed (information-wise) 5 minutes of the entire movie, until the last 20 minutes. It wasn't until we were in the ladies room after the movie that I heard the details that would have made the whole thing make sense!

It was funny. I was trying not to laugh out loud in the theater but it crossed my mind that whenever she and my Mother invite me to join them to see a movie, it's always something they have chosen. NEVER have I had any say in what we see and they like things that I might not otherwise have bothered seeing until it got to Netflix. I haven't seen a movie in a theater that I've wanted to see in years.

But she was treating us with the tickets so I didn't want to spoil it for her. I've done that in the past and it's not worth it. Just chuckle to myself and say how much I enjoyed it for now. Maybe later we can be honest and laugh about it.

Night! Off to bed now. Hope to see you all again tomorrow. I have my afternoon orientation at the farm. It's going to only be a high in the 20's! It will be rough. I want to tell the girl that if I will sometimes be there alone (sans volunteers), I want to pretend that I'm alone tomorrow. I want to see how I'll structure my day when I'm all alone and see what I can accomplish in a 3 hour time period. It's not like you can take 5 hours to do the work. They have limited funds and expect the work to be done in about 3 hours.

So, that's my plan. Pray that I can handle it all! I think this is the right way to approach my last afternoon of orientation. Then I'll have her come out of the warm, cozy house to do a quick scan of all that has been done and make sure I haven't overlooked anything. It will be the easiest and warmest 3 hours she's ever had on the farm.

Sleep tight. I'm off to la-la-land myself.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #197
Big Yapper!

Thank you. You, as well.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had an interesting day. My 3 yr. old grand-daughter spent the afternoon with me, after a fantastic church service. Had a nice walk/run together... with my little chatty-cathy... The rest of her family got to go skiing on the ski-hill.

DH is now at Mt. Shasta. Getting closer. Had some icy roads & quite the cold ride... and sleep last night. 18 F & camping... But his other problem is all healed up now.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:07 AM   #199
Big Yapper!

Camping??? Oh, Debby. I can't even imagine that in those temperatures. I'm glad he's almost home (at least I think he is. Not sure where Mt Shasta is.) I'm glad you had a great time with your gd after church. Sounds like you had a lovely and active day.

It's 3 am here and I'm on my 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee. Not that I'd be sleeping if I weren't having any, but I figured it couldn't hurt matters. I feel guilty about my dog, though. She doesn't sleep well when she knows I'm awake, then I'll be gone all morning and probably close to the early afternoon. I feel like I should take her for a short walk before I head to the farm but that sounds ridiculous to me, too. It would be a lot easier if I had a cat but I wouldn't trade my girl in for anything. I just wish I was a better Mom.

I guess I'll play some Angry Birds on the computer for a while. I read and I watched a movie that I have on Amazon.com, now I need to play a game. I'm so thankful I won't need to do mornings much. I don't think I could ever adjust.

Have a nice day, Debby. Hope you're having a good night's sleep.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, sorry about your all-nighter!
Would your dog behave at the ranch? Seems like it would be good to take her there with you. Shelby would love being there. I think she'd probably be good too, doesn't get excited around horses, was born on a farm with horses.

I had a wonderful sleep, thank you!

Yes, its great that DH is getting closer to home.
Mt. Shasta is in Northern California, just about to Oregon.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad DH is making it home safely !
Old 01-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #202
Big Yapper!

Just a brief blurb. I had an exhausting day! Got a little itty bitty nap a while ago. The kind that you aren't really sure if you got or not. YKWIM? I'll write about my day in more detail on my journal.

We aren't allowed to bring our dogs to the farm. Maybe over time I can bend the rules a bit cause there is one girl who brings her dog once in a great while. ("Bentley") But Cisco is a roamer and I doubt she would stick with me the way that other dogs will. So basically, the answer is (sadly), no.

I thought Mt Shasta was "up there" but was not sure. Glad he's making great time.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Thought about you today Debby, we were at Academy and I tried out an elliptical to see if it would hurt my back....... my brother was with us and he said he got an $800 one for $400 on Craig's List....

DH just rolled his eyes ....haha !
Old 01-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #204
Big Yapper!

Yeah, Laura! Buy second-hand and save yourself a ton of money. Or even better, try Freecycle and see if someone has one that's taking up space in their home and they want it gone. That's how I got the one I had and then I traded it for a treadmill, which I still have. All for free! I love Freecycle.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

I've never heard of freecycle ....??? I live in a tiny town. I will google it
Old 01-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

just checked my county - 157 members
Old 01-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #207
Big Yapper!

Happy Freecycling!!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Thought about you today Debby, we were at Academy and I tried out an elliptical to see if it would hurt my back....... my brother was with us and he said he got an $800 one for $400 on Craig's List....
DH just rolled his eyes ....haha !
Hi Laura,
So, did you like the Elliptical? I really like mine. Can't remember how much it cost. It was a long time ago. It really does work great & without stressing your joints. Also once you do start walking or climbing outside you find that it has built you up to do that also.

DH made it to Eugene, Oregon.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

I did like it. I read online that the ones where the pedals actually move with you are better, these were fixed pedals. Which do you have ?? Does yours hurt your feet or ankles ?

My throat was better and I did my pilates (well, some ) and dumbbells last night.

What do you have planned for when DH makes it home ? Something special ?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning
I slept in! Thought it was only 20 minutes or so, but it was 75 minutes! oops.

Mine are the stationery ones, they go around a circular motion. The thing to look for if you buy one, is that it is the right stride for you. If its too big, it will be uncomfortable. If its too small, it might not be enough. Good to try out first. Also good to get a "better" brand, at least $4-500 original pricing. The cheaper models are gonna squeak & drive you nuts. No. My feet & ankles don't hurt. But I have heard that people who don't lift their feet (leave them flat on platform) get really sore feet. Mine naturally walk up & down on it.

Wt. dropped .25 below lowest this morning... must be doing ok with all the extra carbs.