Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #2011
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Yeah, I have mine too. It's okay. Sorry what I said touched a nerve. Clearly you are doing great with what you do and how you do it so just keep on keepin' on.

Been getting some housework done. Taking a break and need to get back up and pick up where I left off. Bbl. Hope you're having a great day, Deb.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #2012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good for you, getting housework done!
I just got back from church. Enjoying a beautiful day.
Hope you have a good day too!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:21 PM   #2013
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We went to see our friend in the hospital tonight. (the one that was in the motorcycle accident). God is healing him so fast! He looks amazingly well! And what a testimony! So encouraging! PTL!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #2014
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful! I didn't realize he was still in the hospital. Must have been much worse than I thought. Do they have an estimated date for his discharge? Poor guy.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #2015
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
I bet he was so pleased to have visitors !! Hope you are having a good day
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #2016
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
That's wonderful! I didn't realize he was still in the hospital. Must have been much worse than I thought. Do they have an estimated date for his discharge? Poor guy.
The soonest he'll be able to get out of hospital is 6 wks. He is being super-naturally healed. They originally told him he won't be able to walk for a year. 13 fractured ribs, 3 broken vertebrae, multiple internal bleeding, & on & on... the Drs are amazed at how fast he's healing. God is amazing!
Yes, he's enjoying the visitors. Quite the talker anyway, but he is certainly praising God & telling the story with passion.

Apparently there was a major malfunction of his abs & rear tire... something to do with a recall that he was supposed to get last spring & couldn't.
I went to the project & we picked out the counter-top & flooring... then weed-whacked the yard again. The old lawn mower we bought has to go back to the 2nd hand guy & trade up... it wouldn't stay on.
We just had an amazing thunder storm Molly is not in the least bothered by them! I can't believe it! Brought her in anyway.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #2017
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Glad thins are going well and so happy your friend is healing so well! Praise The Lord! He is amazing!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #2018
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes He is !!

Hope you had a good day ! Did y'all get lots of rain ?
Old 05-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #2019
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, quite the down-pour while the storm was overhead. But it passed within 20 minutes or so. Then DH & friends went hunting for mushrooms, that's how she got all wet & yellow... they only found a few morels. Too late in the season.
Today was stressful at work, but I got through the worst of it. Thoughts of retiring dancing in my head...
DH had to take his truck in to the mechanic today... turned out to be a simple problem (what he feared was a major one). PTL!
Tomorrow's driveway & farm work... have a bob-cat coming.
Hope everyone had a blessed day.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #2020
Big Yapper!

I wish Cissy was like Molly during t-storms. OMG! She thinks it's Armageddon. I'm so glad your friend is healing remarkably well and fast. God is good!

So you got the counters and flooring in or are you about to tackle that in the near future? What kind did you get? Bummer about the mower. Weed whacking a yard is tough. Been there, done that.

Morel hunting is something I'd love to do but I don't know where there is a good amount of those specific trees around here and people are very secretive when they find them. Takes some research and patience. I'd also love to go Ginseng hunting. Both of those things are worth serious money.

Sorry work was so stressful. Some days are, some aren't. If there is a greater percentage of hard days to moderate days, then give retirement more thought. Good luck with the bob-cat.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:15 PM   #2021
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ginseng grows wild? Cool! Nobody sells morels here, just cook 'em up... they don't keep well.
The bob-cat did good on fixing the driveway, cleared a spot for an addition to the shop. Looks good.
The flooring went in today, counter Friday. DH is fast.
Work... brain-twisting every day for last couple of weeks because of the program - switch... been catching up on stuff because of it. Plus working on excel to put together budgeting which we have to work on next week-end... at a meeting... a lot of stretching for me. Should straighten out. Time for a motorcycle ride! Which we will do as soon as we rent the rental out. That should take a couple weeks to happen.

Home group tonight, best make dinner & get ready. I took a nap after town & work (so exhausted)... show me the coffee!!

Have a good evening.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:08 PM   #2022
Big Yapper!

Busy busy busy!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:37 PM   #2023
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I enjoyed my day off from work. Put together an ad for the rental & put it online... was working on shortening it for the newspaper & got 2 calls... by this afternoon it was rented, could of been rented to 3 different parties... those who I had to tell it was rented were devastate! So sad! Anyway, rented it to a retired couple who want to sign a one year lease.
The cupboards look really great & the floor & counter compliment each other, so cool... I also got him to do another cupboard by the fridge, because he had left it out... thinking it would scrunch the hallway (it doesn't) so the kitchen will be pretty decent with cupboard space & design. When they stained the fronts it made them look new again too.
I couldn't do any cleaning today, they've still got too much of a mess going on. Will wait till they're outta there!
Such a beautiful day today. I feel much better & very blessed.
Hope y'all are doing well.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #2024
Big Yapper!

That's WONDERFUL. Need to buy you up some more of those rentals to flip. Holy smokes, Deb! Did you not ask enough money? You are indeed blessed. Sleep well, honey. What a day!
Old 05-31-2014, 07:25 AM   #2025
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sounds like there's quite a demand for good rentals up there! Congrats!! great job to you and dh!

Enjoy some rest .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:49 AM   #2026
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, its a sad situation for rentals here. Lower-cost housing is also a shortage. We've been looking for less pricey homes to flip for quite a while, but most of them are already topped out price-wise. This one was a bank repo that looked like too much work to most people, so we were fortunate to get it. (sounds like a situation much like yours Cheryl, the lady was a school principle that stopped working for stress).

If it turns out someone can assume the mortage we will flip it before 2 yrs. If not, we can wait. Who knows, maybe the renters will want it?

I did research on the rental scene & though my DH got advise to ask for less, we went with my price & it wasn't even questioned. Of course it does make one think... should of asked for more. But the guy that said to ask for less said they'd stay longer if you don't charge too much. We can still raise the rent later, if we need to. Have no idea how much the heat will cost them in the winter, as there were no records kept on that (bank doesn't know).

I happily got to sleep in. DH was up early, did a quote & is out doing his chores while I slowly wake up.

TTYL!
Old 05-31-2014, 02:03 PM   #2027
Big Yapper!

Do you have any pics of the rental after you put the work into it? I'd love to see some. The tenants will be paying for their own heat, right? Glad you slept in.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:27 PM   #2028
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No, I gotta do that. Every day I mean to, but they still have such a mess.. will wait till its cleaned up again to take pics. Tenant will pay all utilities.
Catching up on books... almost time to work-out.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #2029
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gorgeous day today. Going to take the moto to church & go for lunch in a neighboring town (hour away), in a 'boat restaurant.'
I'm still having difficulties with my thyroid (or adrenals?). Temps under 98, tired, and wt. creeping. So hard to know what to do when diet doesn't help... I do need to make sure I get my aerobics daily though. With the project work I've only done my elliptical like 2-3 days a week... the other sweating work doesn't cut it. Too bad!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #2030
Blabbermouth!!!

Great job on renting the place so fast !! wow

Sorry you aren't feeling so well. Hope it gets worked out soon .....

have a great Sunday and enjoy the restaurant. Sounds like a fun place
Old 06-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #2031
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura,
Yeah, it might take a while to figure that thyroid thing out. Just know how great it feels when everything is right.

Our ride was fun, so beautiful. The tugboat restaurant doesn't have a huge menu, so enjoyed their soup... but was still hungry. Came home & actually ate nachos! totally enjoyed 'em too.

Molly was penned up for quite a while, so DH is out taking her for a run with the quad... I'm ready to go to bed, so tired! (must be the sunshine).
Old 06-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #2032
Big Yapper!

I'm glad you had such a nice day. Sorry you're feeling a little "askew." You'll get it sorted out soon. You're good like that.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #2033
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Checking in. Had a couple of afternoons trying to help at the project... I don't seem to last too long. It gets so hot in town (Laura'd laugh at what I call hot)... I think it feels worse here for some reason. We also bought a second hand lawn mower & it quit working, so DH took & exchanged for another... it mowed half the yard & quit. He didn't have time to take it back yet, but I think we should give up on that ole guy's re-furbished mowers. The renters said they have one, so I'll tell them to bring it!
Meeting tonight. Beautiful weather again today. I just took Molly for another run. She's doing really good lately with staying where she should be & staying home when let out. What a sweetie.
Have a good evening!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #2034
Big Yapper!

Love the pic! What a great place to live. I'm sorry about the dang mower. What a pain. Good thing the renters have one. It's hot here too. Hot is hot! It's all relative. Sleep tight, Deb.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #2035
Blabbermouth!!!

Beautiful pic Deb...... love the wonderful scenery ! Sorry about the mowers . Bummer
Old 06-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #2036
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry about how big the picture is... a bit of over-kill. Love taking pictures of Molly.

I worked an extra hour again today... still doing extra stuff on preparing for budget meeting on Saturday. Came home & had a nap. Been so sleepy.

I have an appointment for Thursday with Naturopath. Hope to get new supplements for cortisone. However, DH might make me cancel to leave on our 2 wk. trip. I hope not.

Today the electrician said the hood-fan blew up. So will have to replace that... guess one should buy electronics new, not 2nd hand!

I've got my elliptical done the last few days. Its sure a better feeling. I don't feel 'snacky' when I do my elliptical, but when I do yard work feel panicked to eat!

Hope you all are doing great!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #2037
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh that's too bad about the vent ...... DH won't buy ANYTHING 2nd hand... he always thinks it will turn out badly !

Hope you get to make the appt before the trip ! 2 weeks ?? Where are you headed ?

Yep, Molly is too too cute
Old 06-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #2038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got real lucky, went to buy a vent that was on sale for $84... ended up with getting one for $42. Quite simple & only one speed on the fan, but hey, it works.
I cleaned floors, cupboards, closets, chandelier, curtains & kitchen today. Really spiffed up the place. Its coming together! Course the guys were doing the real work, but we're seeing our way to the finish line now. One could keep going & going with painting, etc... but have to draw the line somewhere with an older house.

Molly has learned how to behave really well in town too.

Hope everyone had a good day & good night.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:31 PM   #2039
Big Yapper!

Way to persevere! I always buy second hand stuff but it's a crap shoot.

I love the new pic of Molly surrounded by green so much that I think you should crop it and make it your new Avi. Winter is gone and you should celebrate the season. Snow will be back soon enough.

Sleep tight! Off to bed asap. 0030 right now. Meds beginning to kick in. Didn't write on my journal but did write on the horse thread. Be well and I'll catch you on the flip side.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:39 PM   #2040
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GMTA... I was just thinking that this morning!
Sleep well my friend.