Have a great day, honey.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2014, 04:46 PM   #1952
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks girls,
I am doing good. Had a few bumps in the road ~ mood-wise ~ but feel much better now.
I was able to get my work-out today. Too much going on lately, haven't been able to get to it every day. That's so hard on me! Feels SO GOOD to get a good work-out in!!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #1953
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Glad you're feeling better now.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:44 PM   #1954
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Y'all!
Rainy day... funny how much better my mood is when the sun shines! At least its not twisters!
Our friend that DH traveled with to Mexico last year was in a motorcycle accident on April 20th. He will be recovering for the next year. PTL he will walk again. It was a miracle he lived through it. Anyway, they go to our church & the men of the church are going to build wheel-chair access & finish the bathroom he'd torn apart to renovate. A rough road ahead for them.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #1955
Big Yapper!

Oh no! Thank God he is going to walk and recover. Was it an error on his part or someone else driving near him? Does he tend to drive a little recklessly on the bike? I know some bikers do tend to slip around and between cars at traffic lights rather than waiting for the cars ahead to go through.

I'm glad you had a nice, sunny day. It was threatening to rain all day but I didn't care. I stayed inside and just rested. Sleep well, Debby. Ttyt.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-29-2014 at 08:02 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #1956
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, it was driver error... he scared DH several times on their trip. What happened was... he passed 2 cars on the highway (2 lane), and when he came back in, he went into the shoulder & hit gravel. Threw him & the bike like a ball. It was in front of witnesses, so was discovered right away. He was on his way to church... his wife had refused to go with him... Whew! She drove the car.

Actually, yesterday was sunny, today was rainy... that's what I noticed, my mood was so much better yesterday!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:55 AM   #1957
Big Yapper!

Well, I hope this was a wake-up call for DH's friend. Next time it could be a canyon or deep ravine that he ends up sliding into. His wife was very wise.

Raining lots here today. It's going to rain for a few days before the sun reappears. It was only 39 degrees outside at 11:30 this morning! 20 degrees below normal.

Have a happy day.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #1958
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've enjoyed a day at home today. Worked on business stuff today. Was able to catch up on everything. What a great feeling!

Had a short-sweet talk with dd. She sounds good.

Weather has turned cloudy/rainy... so I took Molly for her runs through the field (avoiding the muddy road)... she's so amazingly fast! So far she's stayed away from the herd of sheep that are next door & keep sneaking into our field. They run when they see her, but so far she hasn't chased 'em. Yesterday she happened upon a deer & started chasing him... BUT, when I stopped the van, jumped out to yell, she stopped & came back!! That's so great... we were actually thinking of buying a training collar to shock her, because she has chased them a couple times & ignored us... will end up getting shot doing that here. Scaring me bad. Anyway, we'll keep working on it & hope for the best. She's in the prime teen-age stage right now... ready for fun!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #1959
Big Yapper!

Old 05-04-2014, 07:22 AM   #1960
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hi Debby ! Have a wonderful Sunday !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #1961
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Sunday!
Its a beautiful day. Grand Kiddo's were here for lunch & DH just took 'em home. Then we're going for a ride & visit friends.
Yesterday we rode to next town & enjoyed Chinese Smorg. DH was in shock.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #1962
Big Yapper!

Sounds like a perfect day! So glad you're having it. Goodnight, Deb.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #1963
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks Cheryl,
I hope you had a good day too.
I'm enjoying being lazy too.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #1964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It was a gorgeous day here today. Got my Monday work done.

Molly's got another wounded pad... Playing it up this time... so have to go on slow walks now.

Our friend (who had the motorcycle accident) has been moved to Prince George hospital now. He's recuperating at a really good pace. DH & his partner are at their house now, to figure out renno's... they've got some more volunteers to help fix it up for them... & make wheel-chair accessible.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #1965
Big Yapper!

Wow. I didn't think he was badly injured. Sounds a lot more serious than before. Glad he lived to do things differently from now on. Sorry Molly's pad is injured again. Poor little girl! You need to shrink wrap those little paws before she goes running, I guess. Cellophane is my best idea. Sorry.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #1966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I didn't go into much detail, just said he needed wheel-chair access & would be a year to recover. He actually had 20 hrs of surgery bolting him back together. The Dr's are amazed that he's recovering so well. It really is a miracle. The motorcycle is totally destroyed.

I will have to put a booty on that foot to run her. Still have 2 new booties left. They're made with heavy nylon & only last one week of her running. But it will give her a head start on healing.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:12 AM   #1967
Big Yapper!

Wow. I know it's simplistic but I always remember that old adage, "haste makes waste" when people are in such a hurry and end up so much farther behind. I'll bet he rides with a whole lot more respect for the road when he's back on his feet. It really is a miracle, like you said.

Have a great Tuesday, Deb.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:18 AM   #1968
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Glad you had a good Monday Debby !

Poor Molly ..... hope there's a solution so she won't keep having problems. That has to hurt ;(

So nice that they are helping their friend and getting the house ready for him. hope he does well !

Have a great week
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #1969
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sad for your friend but so thankful it's not worse! How he heals quickly! Hope you're having a good week!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #1970
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We're having gorgeous weather here. Temps in the 60's. Nice to get out & soak up some vit. D. My mood has greatly improved!
Hey, did you gals see what Dr. Oz is recommending now? Forskolin I looked it up & it would be very good for lots of health conditions and thyroid too... I see they sell it here on Netrition too. Have any of you tried it?
Stopped Molly mid-deer chase again today. Unfortunately I didn't succeed with stopping her from chasing the sheep & goats from our yard... but she did come back instead of continuing to chase. oh my... I just hope none of them hurt themselves running through the fence.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #1971
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. Now we have bears out. Molly was barking at one yesterday morning, only we didn't know what it was she was barking at... till I took her for a run in the afternoon & saw a 'pile' it left. So, spring is definitely here.
Been busy with a business thing...
Hope everyone's well.
BBQ in the rain tonight... not looking forward to that!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #1972
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I'd been reading and not posting over here. And the nerve I had, asking on my journal where everybody went! Impressive that you can stop Molly mid-chase. Hope she keeps a safe distance from the bears. What type do you generally have near you? Everything but Polar Bear? Which is the most dangerous to cross paths with? Let me guess: anything with cubs.

How are things going, getting DH's friend's house ready for his return and recuperation phase? How much longer before he gets home? I hope he learned his lesson. This may have been the only warning he gets.

No shelter for your BBQ grill? That sucks. I don't have any covering where my BBQ is either but I just run out and light it, duck back in. Run out and put the food on, duck back in. I was thinking about BBQ'ing tonight but it's a little late for that now. Maybe tomorrow.

Sleep tight. Be safe and tell Molly she's a very good girl for listening to her Mom.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:30 PM   #1973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl
Nice to have you drop in.
We went to the BBQ & the rain held off till time to go. I wore all my winter clothes in preparation... (its only 57 degrees out) & was fine. Can you tell I'm not an outdoor person?! It was in their back yard...
We don't see too many bears here, usually black... but there are grizzlies. Not sure what was here, as it was only a pile.
Yes, Molly's obedience is very impressive. When I walk her to the mailbox at church, she goes without a leash & stops before we cross the road... sits if someone is coming... then waits for me to let her know when to go... course she always wants to herd me when I head back to the church.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #1974
Big Yapper!

Not an outdoor person? I never would have guessed that! I didn't realize by "BBQ" that you meant you were going somewhere to participate in one. I'm glad the rain held off and that you were all dressed up for the weather. That's cute that Molly herds you on the way back to the church. She's got to get that out of her system sometimes. What a good girl.

Have a great day, Deb.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:18 PM   #1975
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
Yeah, meant to say "going to a BBQ"
The only reason I go outside is to walk or run Molly. I'm happy on the motorcycle as long as its moving... Can sit with a computer for days on end & be happy! However, fixing my thyroid & adrenals has given me way more energy & my life has changed a lot in the last 2 yrs. I still prefer my elliptical to outdoor exercise...
Unfortunately I have messed my thyroid or adrenals up again... took too much iodine (by accident) a couple weeks ago... am having a battle getting things evened out & fighting hypo symptoms.
Hope everyone has a good evening...
Old 05-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #1976
Big Yapper!

Wow. I'm not an outdoor person, either. Imagine how I felt at the farm, out in the rain and strong winds and snow, etc. The bugs are the absolute worst though, and I don't tolerate the direct sun and heat. Today was only 70 degrees but it was sunny and I was sweating.

I went to the farm this afternoon to spend some time with my ex-manager who was scheduled to be the Team Captain (get horses ready for lessons.) She was pulled into being a leader during the 4 o'clock lesson so I barely saw or talked to her at all. I groomed lots of animals, though. Can't believe some are still shedding so badly! When will it end? Mostly I saw it was the mini's (mini horses, not Domenic the donkey) and the goat. Yeesh!

So when you used to do the cross country skiing, that was primarily for your dog to get exercise? You are a better momma than I am. Cissy's exercise is running after squirrels that are hanging out under or on the bird feeder in the back yard, running and playing with the dog upstairs once in a blue moon or swimming and cavorting at the pond when I get around to taking her. She's trained to use the treadmill but I haven't taught her how to turn it on and off herself yet.

Have a good night, Deb.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-14-2014 at 06:30 PM..
Old 05-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #1977
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I used a weed-eater for the first time today... went for about an hour & when I quit my hand was spazzing... then my forearms hurt really bad! what a wimp, huh?! That had to serve as my exercise... put muscle - pain cream on my arms & it helped.
X-country skiing is for me & the dog... it is fun & gives me a great work-out. It is unusual for me, to enjoy doing that, but I also don't do it very long... people invite me to go to longer trails & I turn 'em down... see no need to be out skiing longer then I need to.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #1978
Big Yapper!

Using those little nifty devices like weed whackers and leaf blowers do get wearisome on your arms and body. I used the leaf blower for the yard here and it was better than raking but it still was tough. Glad the muscle cream helped you.

Have a good day and a nice weekend, just in case I don't see you again.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #1979
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Cheryl,
Yeah, meant to say "going to a BBQ"
The only reason I go outside is to walk or run Molly. I'm happy on the motorcycle as long as its moving... Can sit with a computer for days on end & be happy! However, fixing my thyroid & adrenals has given me way more energy & my life has changed a lot in the last 2 yrs. I still prefer my elliptical to outdoor exercise...
Unfortunately I have messed my thyroid or adrenals up again... took too much iodine (by accident) a couple weeks ago... am having a battle getting things evened out & fighting hypo symptoms.
Hope everyone has a good evening...
Sorry you're straightening things out with your adrenals and thyroid again!! What a delicate balance! But, like you mentioned, having things straightened out has drastically improved your quality of life! It probably even helps you maintain your weight, which also contributes to a healthier lifestyle. all good! I hope things are back on track quickly for you!

Cute on the skiing...I can't handle the cold so that wouldn't be something I'd enjoy. But I do love to walk, hike and bike outside .

Have a good weekend! Hope your hands and arms feel better!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #1980
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Using those little nifty devices like weed whackers and leaf blowers do get wearisome on your arms and body. I used the leaf blower for the yard here and it was better than raking but it still was tough. Glad the muscle cream helped you.
Have a good day and a nice weekend, just in case I don't see you again.
Yep, I'm sore in other places too, this morning...
Thanks, hope you have a nice weekend too.
We're going for a motorcycle ride/over-nighter tomorrow night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Sorry you're straightening things out with your adrenals and thyroid again!! What a delicate balance! But, like you mentioned, having things straightened out has drastically improved your quality of life! It probably even helps you maintain your weight, which also contributes to a healthier lifestyle. all good! I hope things are back on track quickly for you!
Cute on the skiing...I can't handle the cold so that wouldn't be something I'd enjoy. But I do love to walk, hike and bike outside .
Have a good weekend! Hope your hands and arms feel better!
The adrenal correction certainly did help me with not needing to nap. The thyroid issue unfortunately makes losing wt. & keeping it off harder, meds don't help with wt. loss at all (as everyone hopes they will)... a definite diet disability. What I've learned... we have to eat 200 calories less @ day then normal people... and that includes 200 less then they do to lose... I also can not go off my diet for a treat... like to take 2 months to lose 2 lbs from one indulgence? no thank you! That's why message boards are full of hypo people who say no matter what they do, they can't lose wt.
I can't handle the cold either Julie... have to dress warm & it has to be at least 30 degrees for me... then I end up getting hot, because its very strenuous exercise without 'feeling' like it is. I didn't get out as much this year with it because of the weather conditions. But truly loved it on the sunny days!
Hope you have a good weekend too!