Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #1861
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good Morning!
Happily its my day off by myself. So needed! Looking forward to catching up & regrouping.
Still cold outside, but warming & forecast of more warming.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #1862
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Yea! Enjoy your day off. Long weekend?
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #1863
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nah, I usually get Friday-Sunday off, but when DH takes it off too, then it feels like I didn't get it off.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #1864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you all had a good day.
We got stuff done around the house. DH assembled the BBQ & we put it on the porch, put the other one under the porch till next dump run.
Molly didn't like the BBQ assembly... scared of new things that make metallic noises.

Had some company over, nice visit. DH took the quad for a ride around the property & took it in the gully... it got stuck, so our friend came over to help pull it out. Will have to wait till morning when the snow's hard, as they couldn't do it in the soft stuff. It was 39 degrees... will go down to 19 tonight & friend will come over then.
R & R now.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #1865
Big Yapper!

That sucks about the quad but it's funny too. Livin' on the edge! Glad you got the new bbq set up. Molly, it's over now, cutie! You can relax.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:54 PM   #1866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DH is always pushing it with the quad... they did get it out, quite easily the next morning when it refroze.
I've been taking this 'cleanse' that I found in my cupboards (been trying to use up all the old junk I've bought). Anyway, this cleanse has getting me regular... until today it went too far! Funny thing, I'm kinda happy & feeling great. I can now cut back on some of it. Hoping my system can reset itself.
My ibuprofen wt. gain is finally gone as of today... took 3 weeks! I guess I should put a big NO!! on the bottle. Think I'll remember now though.
Our driveway is melting fast. Molly was soaking wet after her run... she also found a long-lost spine that she's enjoying chewing on. After she spent 3 hrs. chewing on that she didn't smell too good... so I took hand-towels & soaped her up with one, rinsed with another & dried with a dry one... worked good. She smells all sweet & clean now. Of course she didn't like it, but it was definitely not s traumatic as a bath.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:20 PM   #1867
Big Yapper!

An old spine? From a moose or elk you guys killed for meat? Yummy! What a project as far as cleaning her up without bathing her. I hope she knows that you did that out of love for her. I love how dogs act in the bath tub. They're always leaning toward the edge of the tub so they can make a quick getaway. It breaks my back to always be pushing my dog back into the center of the tub so her wet head isn't soaking my shirt.

All cleaned out now, huh? That might have been your Ibuprofen scale bump. Don't you think it could have been that? I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't take Ibuprofen. Aspirin is much worse on your liver. That's what I've read, anyway. Who knows?

Tired and sore. Work week is done but I'm not happy. The new people just aren't showing much promise. The guy was with me again today and he clearly lies to cover his tracks. He forgot to give Lola her dinner hay. I know because there was not a trace of hay scattered around the stall. But he denied it and looked me dead in the eye and was making up all manner of details, describing how the horse was acting with her hay, almost like a dog guarding his food. He said she was acting like she hadn't eaten all day. Any horse person knows that is not how horses act, and anyone who knows an individual horse's personality knows they don't just change. They have their "m.o."

He made other mistakes too and I called him out on each one. He's the staff barn person tomorrow pm and I'm worried. He'll have three volunteers and I already asked the boss to check up on everything he did after he leaves for the night cause he's clearly not ready for this.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-31-2014 at 08:22 PM..
Old 03-31-2014, 08:55 PM   #1868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I know its hard to understand the ibuprophen reaction... but it is what it is... surprising that it took so long to leave.
I might get a drop tomorrow from the other thing.
That barn guy doesn't sound like a keeper at all. Poor horses.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #1869
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Glad the cleanse is helping and the ibu bloat is gone. I'm sorry you react to it! It's my "go-to" med. I'm pretty healthy but after my c-sections etc, it was all that I took. Hope the warm up continues!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #1870
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Glad the cleanse is helping and the ibu bloat is gone. I'm sorry you react to it! It's my "go-to" med. I'm pretty healthy but after my c-sections etc, it was all that I took. Hope the warm up continues!
ME TOO. I don't think my Dr would ever prescribe me anything for pain. Actually, maybe I should ask him if he would! I would save a ton of money if he ordered me Ibuprofen. Can't that be considered a Rx? My copay would be super cheap.

Glad the Ibu bloat is gone, Deb! Have a great day.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #1871
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting how different we all are... I have a friend who's allergic to ibu. & almost died because of it. scary I do better on the alternatives. Glad I don't need it very often.

Things are melting nicely, have a few spots in the field that are starting to show melting spots.

Going to yet another meeting in a few...

Hope you all have a good evening.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #1872
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I can finally see grass in our yard!! Today it hit in the 60's. Spring is springing finally.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #1873
Big Yapper!

Same here, Green. The grass is beginning to look like something worth munching (if I were one to graze on grass) and it was in the 50's. We spend so much of our lives waiting for good weather. Why do we do it? Why do I do it? I'm pretty sure this was my last or second-to-last winter in CT.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #1874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
Well, spring break-up is going on here, for sure. Running Molly gets her quite wet & dirty... did that this morning. I had to put her in the tub to wash off bottom half of her... not a happy time, but surprisingly went quick & easy. I'm going to force myself to 'walk' her this afternoon instead of the car-run... see if she can get less dirty.
I'm quite pleased that my wt. is staying in the lower zones again. Slow & steady its dropping.
Its been a lazy day for me. I seem to need that... doing some bacon-baking... & laundry but not much else yet.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #1875
Big Yapper!

Now you're speaking my language. Lazy, I mean. I am definitely not "type A." Molly must be super gross after running through all that slush and muck. Poor Mommy! Things are finally drying up here but we are getting some rain overnight and so doggy will have mucky legs and belly tomorrow am when I put her out to do her business.

The overall weekend forecast looks decent. I'm working so I'm thankful for that. Enjoy your downtime, Deb. Glad the scale is being kind.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:26 AM   #1876
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad to hear you're enjoying your weekend . Glad it's thawing out too! Bacon sounds great about now . And so happy you're down to the lower ranges! Great job!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #1877
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi gals,
Nice relaxing morning. Took Molly for a run 'early' before the mud thawed out. She still got dirty, but not as bad... also cut another pad. Not too bad though.

Yeah, bacon seems to be a fav... I bake it up & freeze it for DH.

We'll have the Kiddo's for a sleep-over tonight.

Hope your weekend goes well.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #1878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday we took the motorcycle out for a run. The loud noise was gone (not sure if I told you about that... the tires we had on it last year were making a loud noise), so DH changed the tire back to the original kind.

Anyway, only a couple spots where the snow/ice made getting through on the driveway tricky. Fun to ride. So, guess next week-end the studded tires will have to come off our vehicles.

We had the G-kiddo's for the last 24 hrs. It was fun. We just got back from taking them home. Gave their Mommy a nice long break (she needed it)!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #1879
Big Yapper!

What a cute little drinking/toasting smiley! From your ipad? Enjoy your time of relaxation, now that gave your kids a break. I'm happy the bike is quieter. Sleep well!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #1880
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oops, didn't mean to leave that icon in... will make the admins here mad. Sorry!
Thanks, it was enjoyable, although a lot more work, I enjoyed it... had enough time to myself to get caught up on stuff on Friday/Saturday.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:11 AM   #1881
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. Home your spring thaw is here to stay and you can get out on the bike more .
Old 04-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #1882
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! It got up to 51 degrees! Lots of our lower field is starting to show through now...
Did shopping today, was going to get my blood-work done, but couldn't find my card... found it when I got home. Will have to do Wednesday now.

We were looking for sidecars for the motorcycle. Would like to get one that leans with the bike & lets the bike lean... but can't find anybody that makes them anymore. Would be perfect for Molly!

Hope you all had a great day!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #1883
Big Yapper!

A sidecar for Molly! And a helmet and goggles too. Surely they make them that lean with the bike. How could those go out of style? I hope you find the right one. And congrats on Spring arriving. We still have areas that have snow and ice but only in shady spots on north sides of things. It's gone, I hope.

Hope the blood work is A-ok. Night, honey.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #1884
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Forgot to mention here... good news... my sister thought she found cancer on her breast... brown spots... turns out its a harmless growth common to 40+ people. PTL!! I've been praying for her. So relieved. PTL ~
Old 04-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #1885
Big Yapper!!!!

So happy for your sister (and you!) praise The Lord!

I'll be looking for a picture of that sidecar with Molly...
Old 04-08-2014, 01:13 PM   #1886
Big Yapper!

What a relief! Sorry you all went through that angst. Thank you, Father!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #1887
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
She seems relieved. I am too & thankful.

Molly ended up needing another bath. Too bad, cause she was in such a happy mood... it always takes her a while to get over it... Oh well, hopefully the mud will dry up soon.

I had a really good walk in the sun & wind today with Molly. It was so nice out. The snow is melting really fast.
I used the new BBQ to cook elk steaks... it works a lot like the old one. Question though... do you have to wash the grates? It looks like scraping them with the wire brush would destroy them... I washed them last time, not impressed with having to do that.

Hope you all are having a good evening.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #1888
Big Yapper!

I've never heard of a bbq grill that needed to be washed after each use. I only scrape mine. Do you have a brush that is like a brillo pad on one side and a stiff brush on the other? That should be enough. What is the grate made of? Do you think it has a kind of coating? Should be stainless steel or something of that nature. I'd call the manufacturer.

I'm glad you had a good walk with Molly and the snow is melting. Molly, you get more love when you're clean. Just suck it up, buttercup!
Old 04-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #1889
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Worked on my taxes yesterday, was almost done & the power went out for 4 hrs! THEN!! my internet hub was fried! So no internet.
Got up early, took books to accountant... Its done! paid for & faxed off to get america ones done. Getting there!
Then I picked up Molly & went to town to get a new hub & better power-bar. Finally got it all working & input into all my devices.
Its a bright & sunny day too!
Old 04-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #1890
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dave took DGD#3 for a ride today.

Last edited by DebbyL; 04-12-2014 at 06:17 PM..