Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #1831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yep, being as far north as we both are, there's no doubt more winter weather coming our way. But its great to see the signs of spring.

Yeah, I like all my food over-cooked &/or left-over, & he likes it moist, so its a no-brainer... except laziness dictates that I should give him the left-overs so I don't have to clean up late in the evening... he wins. I'll have the fish for lunch or dinner tomorrow.
Yes, its wonderful to share & fellowship with believers. Sometimes I forget how edifying that is... where 2 or 3 are gathered... there HE is! so good.
Hope you have a good evening too!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #1832
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
That's so funny! I love left-overs but hate things that are overcooked.

It's been a long time for me to be a part of a church group. I sometimes have one-on-one conversations with other Christians about God and life but it's not the same. I just don't have the desire to make myself get up and go to a building on a weekly basis to read or talk about something that I have right here at home, and I can see and hear all the sermons I care to on youtube and other websites.

For those (like yourself) who find it a natural fit, I'm very happy for you, and just a tiny bit influenced to follow in your footsteps.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #1833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I can understand that too Cheryl. I enjoy listening/watching the sermons on tv too... church of the rock-Calgary is my fav But its a Canadian one. The preacher is a real 'hoot' & always packs a good punch with his messages.
Oh, I see you can watch it online too. Should be ok to post the link...
Watch Online - Church of the Rock
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:51 PM   #1834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happily, the fish turned out good with my sauce-invention
Old 03-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #1835
Big Yapper!

Thanks for posting the link, Deb. I might check it out.

What's your "sauce invention"? Glad you liked the fish.

Have a lovely day. I'm going to work. Temp in the 40's, partly sunny, very windy. Will feel a lot colder, I'm guessing. The farm is at the top of what you might call a CT Mountain and it always feels colder up there. Not in the summer when it would be appreciated, though.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #1836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope your day at the farm goes well.

My fish creation... (sorry, don't have amounts... just did by eye)
Mayonaise
lemon juice
dill weed
soysauce
garlic powder
couple dashes of cayenne pepper
Mixed all together.
I poured it on top of the fish & baked at 325 F. till flake-done. (20-30 min). Yummy & moist.

Last edited by DebbyL; 03-21-2014 at 12:27 PM..
Old 03-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #1837
Big Yapper!

That sounds tangy and delicious! I've gotten accustomed to the taste of tarter sauce and I never used to like it, but sweet relish isn't all that "LC." Normally I eat fish with a lot of fresh lemon squeezed all over it and some tarter sauce, or if I'm cooking the fish and it's fresh with no batter or anything, I like to cook it in EVOO, with lemon and garlic and other seasonings. I am a fish snob. I find it hard to take that it never really goes on sale and it's so expensive. Need to go fishing for my own. Wish I had someone to clean my catch!

Night, Deb. Wrote a ton on my thread and the horse thread. Even more to read on my journal cause I was answering Julie.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #1838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

T'was a good day. Got lots of book-work done.
We went out for Mexican dinner last night. I had a toastada & salad, along with a few tortilla chips. This morning, had a down-swing on the scale, probably because of sleeping in, but happy it wasn't up from the salt. Wt. down 2.5 lbs of the 3.5 lbs. (from the ibuprofen).

Tomorrow our son & grand-kiddo's are coming over after church for the afternoon. Apparently they've been banned from the house DIL must be having a 'ladies luncheon' or something.
Looks like you had a tiring day Cheryl. Rest well!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:32 PM   #1839
Big Yapper!

Have a wonderful family Sunday. Glad you dropped some weight after eating Mexican! I don't think that would ever happen to me. Especially since I would eat a lot more than YOU did.

I'm beat. Ttyt. Sleep well, Deb.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #1840
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Love how controlled and successful you are! Enjoy your day with the boys!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #1841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Julie,
I have to be. It takes so long to recover from set-backs. Learning what unhealthy foods do to us has been valuable information for me.
The grand-kiddo's are 3 girls & one boy. Its really cold outside, so I think they'll be playing board or card-games.
Hope your injuries are healing. Have a blessed Sunday!
Old 03-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #1842
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
We started to see a small inkling of spring this past week, but then lo and behold, today it was frigid again. Flurries flying all around. Nothing stuck to the ground, but it was so cold out it was miserable. I was out and about with a friend, but hurried indoors as soon as possible! Hope you are staying warm.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #1843
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
We started to see a small inkling of spring this past week, but then lo and behold, today it was frigid again. Flurries flying all around. Nothing stuck to the ground, but it was so cold out it was miserable. I was out and about with a friend, but hurried indoors as soon as possible! Hope you are staying warm.
Oh, I'm in that little system too. I can't understand why winter won't let us go! I work outdoors at a farm which is at the very top of what CT calls "mountains" and the wind there is ferocious. I have had my mind blown from the wind for the past two days. Today it was only in the 30's so it was much colder than yesterday, but yesterday was cold too cause of the wind.

Snow storm pending Tuesday/Wednesday and it "all depends" on the track, how much snow we could get. They show this model of two "lows" spinning around just off the coast and it is quite a scary model indeed. I want to live somewhere that makes sense!!!!

Old 03-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #1844
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Sounds like they will have fun with Grandma !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #1845
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah... sorry the cold is hitting you gals too! Its really normal for winter to go on like this for us... but this one keeps giving us glimpses of 'hope' so it seems like its torturing us.

The kiddo's & guys went sledding on the field for quite a while, then came in & watched movies & talked. Things went well & they gave their mom 10 hrs break! Guess she had a stamping-up party, making cards. (to each his own)
Old 03-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #1846
Big Yapper!

Torture! Good word for what this "Spring" is like so far. Working today then hopefully off for four. I say "hopefully" cause it's not set in stone. So cool that your family is making lemonade out of lemons by continuing to enjoy the snow. Maybe I should go sledding too. (If it snows Tues/Wed.)

Have a nice day.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #1847
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Worked today. Nice & quiet. Went shopping in town today, took forever! (2 hrs)... had to wait for them to dig out the BBQ that was on sale. Had to spend a bit more, the one we were looking at in the flyer was way too small... still a good deal though, under $200. DH will have to assemble it, but he hasn't even had a chance to take it out of the van yet... worked late.

Its really cold here, lower 20's... snowing!! Silly weather.

Yesterday being typical of my system... had regularity issue & then had my jeans on all day. Ended up with very painful gut. Was so happy when it resolved today. Its scarey sometimes. So glad I have a prescription for the pain when its that bad... have only used it 4-5 times in the last 2 years, but it saves me from losing sleep & thinking I need to go to ER.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:27 PM   #1848
Big Yapper!

Wow! All from constipation? You eat plenty of veggies, right? I would incorporate some raw ones when you can. I find celery works well. All those fibers and lots of water content. It's the perfect veggie for the gut, I feel.

WTG on the new grill! Sorry about the snow and cold but you take it in stride a whole lot better than I tend to. I never call it "silly weather." I have a few choicer words.

I hope you feel much better, Debby. Go be a rabbit tonight and see how things "come out" tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #1849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
Raw veggies don't help. I do eat celery & carrots raw. Can't eat goiter-gens raw I'd die sooner! So many things contribute... have to be on my regular schedule, if I sleep in, for some reason that always messes things up.
Yeah, outdoor work would not be my choice work... I would be a lot grumbling more if I had to work outside.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #1850
Big Yapper!

Outdoor work.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #1851
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Like I said before, I had LOTS of problems with constipation. But now, on chia and CO - and with all the veggies, I have no problem at all.

Sorry yours still acts up. Our guts are very sensitive ~

Glad you got a new BBQ set Nice.
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #1852
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura, How much of each (chia & CO do you eat @ day)? I think things got worse for me when I went full-on primal, dropping all grains.

Its freezing here... still snowing & will be all week. Brrr....

We have a meeting tonight. Hope it goes fast!
Old 03-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #1853
Big Yapper!

CO would be tough to add into your diet, Deb. You keep such a tight lid on your calorie limits per day. It's going to snow all week? Hope your meeting goes quickly, too.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:36 PM   #1854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not really, I only cut back on CO a few weeks ago, to see if it would help with the issues. The only thing I seem to have trouble adding is fruit...
I didn't care for chia seeds that much, but could tolerate a small amount if that's what it takes.

Bummer... I just knocked my favorite cup off the table with my elliptical... got some drips on my laptop too... drying that. Sure hope it doesn't hurt it!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:13 AM   #1855
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Meeting wasn't too long, got out by 9:30.
My laptop is fine PTL! I have sure had a lot of mishaps with my coffee lately.
Woke up with a headache in the back of my head this morning, feels like its going away. Hope so.
Hope everyone has a good Wednesday.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:05 PM   #1856
Big Yapper!

Old 03-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #1857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday kept me busy with cleaning floors, getting ready for Home Group. Which went past 10 pm. one couple had to leave to go help pull a calf... it ended badly. The 'calf' turned out to be twins, but they didn't know & tied the puller to one hoof of each calf... the one that came out was dead, then the other one died inside... they had to shoot the cow this morning. That farmer should have called the vet instead of his friends.
Today I had coffee with a friend who's going through some issues with her DH. Its hard, because I really like both of them... to comfort her without 'dising' him... mostly need to pray for them to work it through with Jesus as the center.
I've added the chia seeds & coconut oil again. Also taking a 'cleanse' morning & night that I had in the cupboard, so things have been going well this week. Sticking with that for a while, see what happens.

I haven't been getting my real good work-outs this week. Need to step it up again!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #1858
Big Yapper!

Oh, how horrible. I am sorrowful and I only read the story. What a terrible experience for all of them and what a waste. Three cows gone and all that pain and turmoil. How sad. I'm sure they all feel terrible about how it turned out. Twin calves must be pretty rare but maybe there is a way to reach up and feel just what they are tying onto.

I never understood why they needed to pull a calf anyway. When born out in the field, they manage just fine. Anyway, I'm really sorry.

Oh, Deb. (Reading as I go along.) Marital issues of friends too? What a wonderful day you've had. Sorry. Maybe it was a blessed day in some way, if you were able to comfort or guide them. Just wish these things could be "spread out" over more time sometimes.

Sleep well, Debby.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #1859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oops, didn't mean to sound so down. It is very sad about the cows... they needed "Dr Pol" (a vet show)... ever see it? He visits farms & helps them out of all kinds of emergencies. Amazing work he does.

I myself didn't have a sad day though... I actually feel honored to be 'a friend' to my friend. I don't often spend time with friends, so it was actually a good day for me. I trust the Lord will work his miracles in them, as they are both great people.

Hope you are having a good day!
Old 03-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #1860
Big Yapper!

Yeah, I didn't know what kind of day you had over-all. Reading it, it sounded very sad. I have seen that Dr Pol show but it kind of grosses me out. I don't like to see all that birthing stuff. I can't understand why it's such a procedure for livestock to give birth. Something's not right there.

Very happy you felt good about supporting your friend.

Heading to bed now. 1 am and I'm done trimming the dog's and the bunny's nails. First time doing the bunny. Couldn't believe how he just let me do it! Rabbits make very cool pets.