Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #1801
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Bummer on the wrong meds...hope you're feeling better in the morning. I'm going for a root canal and crown on Thursday too. Too funny you had your dentist over for dinner! Cute .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #1802
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I know. I get a kick out of that too, Julie. Debby, why can't you take those meds? I'm sorry you forgot and popped one before realizing. Glad you're coming back around to feeling well again. WTG on the new smile. I could use me one of those. I'm thankful to have the teeth that I still have. I lose the ones in the back. So far the ones that can be seen are hanging in there. ( ) And knock on some wood too.

Have a nice day.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #1803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
You mean you don't forget?? uh oh! I have a hard time thinking straight when I'm tired or in pain.
Yeah, my go-to for when my back goes out used to be muscle relaxant & then switch to ibuprofen... its the ibuprofen (in both) that makes me gain 3-4 lbs overnight. I read that if you get that kind of reaction then its not something you should take... amazingly, non-asprin-asprin works well too. I was up 3.75 lbs from it, down half that this morning already, so whew!
Yep, finished off my front teeth "touching-up"... mostly wear & tear which he fixed with white fillings. Now my teeth don't look 'stained.' although it would sure be nice if they were whiter.
Yeah Cheryl, you need to take care of em! Mine wouldn't have happened if I was a regular "flosser"
Big coyote running around on Molly's trails this morning, so I'm on high alert... even more so than before.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #1804
Big Yapper!

My teeth are stained, too. Coffee, big time. They say I'm "lucky" to have little spaces between my teeth. I once was told by a dental hygienist that "I was going to see spaces between my teeth I didn't know I had." I said, "Wow. Thanks! More spaces!" It didn't go over the way she thought it would.

I floss when food gets stuck in those spaces. I don't have dental insurance so I don't go unless I absolutely have to. I can apply for a certain type of aid for people like me but I haven't done it and probably now with the changes in healthcare law, it might not even be available anymore. I should check into it. It's always on the back burner, iykwim.

Big coyote, go home! Leave our little Molly alone. Although, she can out run you any day of the week. Better wear your track shoes if you want to catch her.

What is "non-aspirin-aspirin"? You say it works? Interesting. Weight gain from Ibuprofen? No wonder I'm fat! I live on the stuff. 800 mg every night at bedtime and sometimes once more during the day, if I'm really suffering. It keeps me going.

Sleep tight, ladies. I'm heading off the computer now. I slept terribly last night. I hope tonight is much sounder.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #1805
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My stains were cavities on the other side, or in between the teeth, made it look like stains. Bottom teeth still look that way, but I guess he's not worried about them. It was pretty pricey to get them done, that's for sure. But we do get a write-off on it. Front teeth were getting thin, he said they would of eventually started chipping. Good to get it done now, for me while we're still working.
Coyotes are very quick too.
The weight gain is just inflammation. But inflammation is bad. I don't really know what non-asprin-asprin is... my mother had a huge bottle of it & I brought it home when she passed away. Its better on the stomach too.

Hope you sleep well.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #1806
Big Yapper!

Is it called "non-aspirin aspirin"? I'm still confused. Anyway, Ibuprofen and Aspirin are literally classifies as "non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs" which is why they abbreviate them as NSAID. Maybe you just have a bad reaction to it for some reason.

I have something funny to share about the poor sleep two nights ago. I went to take my meds last night and noticed the night before, I had forgotten to take them! I guess in my head, when I took the Motrin earlier, I thought I had taken them all. So it's no wonder I had a bad night. What a dope. You're not the only one who goofs when they are in pain or feeling "off."

What can you do to protect Molly from coyotes? Do you own a pistol? Maybe on your walks with Molly, you can fire a shot in the air if one gets too close to her.

I hate going to the dentist. I hate having to spread my mouth open beyond the point of it being comfortable. I hate thinking of how I look to them when my mouth is gaping open and they can see all that I try so to hide from other people. It's just not fun. I'd like to buy those "snap on" smiles. Ever see those? But I'd want ones for top and bottom. I need to just take time to do those whitening strips and stuff. I own my own dental picks so if I think to do it, I can grab a hand mirror and get to work.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-12-2014 at 10:54 AM..
Old 03-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #1807
Big Yapper!!!!

I hate the dentist too! I'm going tomorrow for a root canal and crown...gah!

I suspect "non aspirin" is Tylenol-acetaminophen. Look on the label. It's not as good with inflammation and doesn't help me at all, was supposed to be more gentle on your liver, but apparently there are new reports it's actually damaging to the liver?

Anyway, I'm glad the weight and inflammation are coming down! Watch those coyotes, we've got me here and they wreak havoc on neighborhoods!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #1808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
The ingredients says acetaminophen. So I guess its just another brand of Tylenol.
Unfortunately coyotes are very sneaky Cheryl. I've never seen one on a walk. They don't like people. It would be a very rare day that I'd be able to get a shot off at one. Yesterday we saw it from inside the house, but it was running in & through the trees, impossible to shoot.
Going to any Dr is no fun. Very invasive...
Our road looks like a creek between two snow hills. Melting so fast.
At work today I went on a spring-cleaning of my cupboards & file cabinets... good way to put off doing the budget entries...
Old 03-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #1809
Big Yapper!

"A creek between two snow hills"! There you go. Good description. Not sure how to describe the farm right now but it's about to go from ponds and creeks to ice-skating rinks and slippery slopes. The temps are going to plummet tonight and the rain and puddles are going to change over and flash freeze and all sorts of crap is going to happen. It's INSANE.

Do scarecrows work for coyotes? LOL. Probably not, huh.

I need to go get ready for my dinner date for my ex-manager's birthday dinner. After that, I may (or may not) go to the farm to try and see if the horses are adequately covered in their water proof sheets and maybe spread some salt/sand. What a mess it's going to be and tonight, inexperienced barn workers were on.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #1810
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
morning Debby !

Come clean out my closets !!! i hate doing that kind of thing... do you like to ? Or just putting off stuff you like even less ? lol !

Coyotes ! Wow ! be careful out there .......

I bet you are glad the snow is melting. Y'all have had a long winter - same as Cheryl !
Nice here and sunny. I'm working, but i sure would love to be out enjoying it !!

Have a wonderful day !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #1811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura,
We usually have snow that lasts Oct. 31-April 10th. So enjoying warmer weather now, but not expecting it to last.
Coyotes aren't a danger to people... just their small animals.
If I'm in the "mood" I enjoy sorting & organizing... especially more then something I'm dreading.
I did the budget that I was avoiding yesterday. whew!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #1812
Big Yapper!

Good girl! Have a good night.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #1813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Molly looking good.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #1814
Big Yapper!

Look at how purrty she is! And check out her long shadow. Am or Pm?
Old 03-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #1815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
Oh yeah. I hadn't noticed. It was almost 10 am. She's actually been kind of depressed. I think the lack of estrogen is getting to her. Sure hope she gets over it, so sad to see her moping around. She perks up for her walks & runs... then today the kiddo's came, so she's in her glory. I'm hoping their 3 day stay will get her through this mood swing, poor baby.
We've got the 3 DGD's till Sunday night. Having a good time. Tomorrow they'll get to go see the baby lambs & kids at the neighbors. Might even get to help feed them.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #1816
Big Yapper!

How fun! Weekend playing gramma and grandpa. Baby lambs? Can I come with you? Maybe Molly would like to go see them too. I'm sorry she's bummed right now. Maybe it's just boredom. She's still not back to racing your van to the mailbox, right? If not, no wonder she's sad. She needs that runner's high again.

That's a long shadow for 10 am. Is that cause your so much farther north on the globe? I don't know about these things.

It's like a ghost town on LCF tonight. Glad you were here, though! Hope you're well and having fun with the kiddos. Enjoy your weekend with them.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #1817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually yes, she was racing big time... & proceeded to get depressed & sleep afterwards. Then it got icy, so today I decided I better not run her on it anymore, she definitely enjoys running & going on walks with me is pretty high on her fav's too... I looked up on the net, & it is something that happens to some dogs, supposed to get over the loss of hormones & be themselves... hope so!
Old 03-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #1818
Big Yapper!

I'm sure she will. Just take this time to give her lots of snuggles. Night, Deb.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #1819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We've had a fun day with the kiddo's here's pics of the farm visit for you.
https://plus.google.com/117273447191...ts/guEfBCPfGoc
Old 03-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #1820
Big Yapper!

Thanks for that!! What cute babies! Momma sheep needs a sheering in the worst way. I never saw such a thing as that "nipple box". Do they make those for foals? I know of places that take in newborns that are cast-offs so they can use the mares to nurse "more valuable" foals. I don't quite understand it but I know they have to teach the babies to drink milk out of buckets. How cool would it be to be able to provide them with a few of those boxes!? I wonder what they cost.

Looks like it was such a fun day. Thanks for sharing! Have a very blessed Sunday.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #1821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They had several 'rejected' babies... and some that weren't getting enough from mom... so they had to feed 'em. They had 2 freeze to death last week, born in that cold spell, middle of the night outside.
The bucket feeder was probably purchased at a farm supply. They bottle-feed for the first week, then graduate to the bucket. 3 x a day... wearing them out, with only 6 weeks to go of the same!
DH took Molly for a run this morning... she's got 2 big holes in her pads now. So that must be why she's been acting sad... have to wait for the ice to go & paws to heal. She came with us to the farm, but stayed in the van, much to her disappointment.
Thanks, hope you have a blessed Sunday too!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #1822
Big Yapper!

I wondered why they had to teach those day old horse babies to drink from a bucket but figured there just wasn't something invented to do the nipple trick. Now that I see there IS such a thing, I'll have to keep my eye out for them and see what they cost. They can't be that bad.

Too sad about the ones that froze to death. Goodnight, Deb.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #1823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spring is coming Slush is melting... we're higher than most around here, so our drive will be last to thaw... DH is trying to "help" it along... ashes actually help it thaw. I'm thinking we should throw the salt on it too. I bought it a couple of years ago for the steps & never even opened it.
I did more research on water retention & bought some dandelion tea today. Took a herbal diuretic last night & was down almost 2 lbs. So I'm hopeful that I'm getting over the ibuprofen. Also cut way back on cal's yesterday & today. Pulled back on the carbs & fat.
Molly's feet seem to be healing well, probably be a few more days of just walking to get rid of the "bad" ice. I was thinking the slush this afternoon might have been OK to run on, might let her run once on that & see how her paws hold up. She's needing to run.
Happy for Grandma Laura!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #1824
Big Yapper!

I'm happy for her, too. I don't think she's made the big announcement on her LCF journal but I saw that on FB. So happy for them. There's nothing like the feeling of holding a brand new human being in your arms. Something so profound.

How much salt would it take to do your whole driveway? A whole truckload? I can't even imagine. Happy for the water weight drop today, however you made it happen! Hope Molly can be running at top speed again soon.

I'm heading for bed now. Off work for two days. Supposed to rain tomorrow. I'll be hiding indoors.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #1825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, it probably would take a LOT of salt... I suggested he just put it in one side of the tire-tracks where the sun doesn't hit much... its always the last to thaw. Gotta get it open for the moto!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:18 AM   #1826
Big Yapper!!!!

So cute with the kids!! And poor Molly with her paws . I hope she's feeling better! How're you feeling these days? Btw meds, teeth and changing up your diet? Hope you're doing well!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #1827
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie
I'm good. Spring sunshine makes everyone smile. I let Molly run 1/4 of the drive today... will let her run the length of it tonight, when its slushy again.
Diet is something I'm always 'tweaking'... for health.
I'm enjoying reading Rick Warren's "The Daniel Plan" ~ Word for this week is 'gratitude of heart'
Have a great day!
Old 03-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #1828
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Julie
I'm good. Spring sunshine makes everyone smile. I let Molly run 1/4 of the drive today... will let her run the length of it tonight, when its slushy again.
Diet is something I'm always 'tweaking'... for health.
I'm enjoying reading Rick Warren's "The Daniel Plan" ~ Word for this week is 'gratitude of heart'
Have a great day!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #1829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy first day of spring~
Looks like we're getting cooler weather back... but its pretty sunny too.
I got my order from Old Navy today. Whole bunch of new sweater. Now I can throw away some of the old ones that were getting wear on 'em. We need a new BBQ now. The one we have, my DH made up from 2-3 discarded BBQ's at the dump about 8 yrs. ago! This time he wants a new one. We use it constantly~year-round. I've been noticing its taking forever to cook things & can hear the pressure leaking from the regulator... took 5 X longer to cook my burgers last night.
DH is working out of town today, so he'll be late getting home. I took out the fish that the dentist gave us last week... but I'm going to bake it for DH tonight, instead of having him eat it left-over. I'll have some tomorrow. I always have to eat before 6 pm.
We had home group last night. It was quite enjoyable. I think we could all sit & tell stories all night, really enjoy these people. We watched part of the Date Night Challenge DVD. They missed it, so we're watching it, its very good. And helpful. Couples need encouragement these days.
I'm doing well. Hope everyone else is too.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #1830
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Happy first day of spring~
Looks like we're getting cooler weather back... but its pretty sunny too.
I got my order from Old Navy today. Whole bunch of new sweater. Now I can throw away some of the old ones that were getting wear on 'em. We need a new BBQ now. The one we have, my DH made up from 2-3 discarded BBQ's at the dump about 8 yrs. ago! This time he wants a new one. We use it constantly~year-round. I've been noticing its taking forever to cook things & can hear the pressure leaking from the regulator... took 5 X longer to cook my burgers last night.
DH is working out of town today, so he'll be late getting home. I took out the fish that the dentist gave us last week... but I'm going to bake it for DH tonight, instead of having him eat it left-over. I'll have some tomorrow. I always have to eat before 6 pm.
We had home group last night. It was quite enjoyable. I think we could all sit & tell stories all night, really enjoy these people. We watched part of the Date Night Challenge DVD. They missed it, so we're watching it, its very good. And helpful. Couples need encouragement these days.
I'm doing well. Hope everyone else is too.
I started this reply trying to just use smilies so I didn't need to type but that didn't work out too well. Lazy me. Happy first day of Spring to you too! We too are going to head back down for another dip into the cold temps before winter gives up the ghost. I wonder if even this next dip will be the last time. I've got a funny feeling we'll get a late snowfall with significant amounts. I hope I'm wrong.

Too funny about the bbq you assembled. You definitely have earned the right to buy a new one, girl. Glad you are getting new sweaters, too. Happy you had a great meeting with your church peeps. Hubby will be glad to eat that fish tonight when he gets home. You're a good wife. So, fish for breakfast for you?

Welp, sleep well. I'm glad you're well and I must say that I am too. Thank you Lord! Night, Debby.