I'm good!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #1772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Its because I trained her to stay down when someone comes in the office & she thinks down means lay down... then she rolls over to say "hi"
She's not itchy yet... its still new & sore. She's recovering well, gets bummed by me telling her not to lick... & I put the collar on her at night. Today she thought she was going to get to do her 'run' when we got home. So, when I was putting stuff away, she went to visit the neighbors' horses. I picked her up in the car, as she was making her way home. So, I'll have to watch her like a hawk when I let her out.
I was going to take her for a x-country ski... but cleaned the house instead, since she already took herself for that walk/run.
We have home-group tonight.
You're right, its hard to talk with the dentist in your mouth... I am not quite myself yet. Still need to chill out a bit more... stress lasts a while & too much going on lately. Brain starting to function better though.
Hope y'all are doing great!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #1773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Molly's better & full of energy. She's 'clueing in' to the 'no-licking' the wound, finally. I might let her sleep without the cone tonight.

I was so exhausted this afternoon that I actually took one of those really deep naps. Then after I did my elliptical I took Molly for her 'walk'... she'd much rather "run" / but it seemed to satisfy her. (we went a bit further tonight).

So that was a real bonus for my exercise today... I just couldn't face going out in the cold till I was 'hot' from the elliptical. It was 35 degrees & tomorrow it'll go back in the 20's again.

Update on the Daniel Diet Plan... still reading it, haven't actually got to the daily plan yet, its setting the ground-work for nutrition... teaching people to eat the way I do! Only difference I can see so far, is they eat beans.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #1774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Molly impatiently recuperating.

Cool-Crisp February morning... Molly longingly looking for action...
Old 02-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #1775
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I LOVE your pictures. Molly looks so darling. What a cute face she has. She'll have her running shoes back on soon. I'm glad she's not licking her incision and the cone can be put away for now. Your 32 degrees beats our 14. Going to wear my ski mask at work today cause there is also a sustained wind of 10 mph. Snow storm approaching on Sunday night/Monday. 6-8" predicted. I'm working Monday. No volunteers on Monday, even when there is no storm.

I really would carp a lot less if my cold winter had your views, Debby. I just don't get that trade-off. Once my sister and her husband leave CT and my mother either goes with them or passes away, I will be free to relocate to a place that rejuvenates my soul. I think it's time to live somewhere like that again. Life is too short.

I'm really thinking Oregon or Washington state. I'm looking into them. They seem to have a little bit of everything.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-28-2014 at 10:14 AM..
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #1776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
Glad you enjoy the pics. Yep, spoiled yesterday. Today turned cold again... right now its up to 16 from 7 F this morning, will be -6F tomorrow. Looks like we've got wind too, but I'm not going out in it till it warms up. Have resorted to letting Molly out for 5 minutes (using timer), every hour... working so far. Hope you can stay warm enough at work.
I'm from Oregon. There are still areas that are beautiful & aren't 'over-populated' there, and in eastern Washington also... but both are 'populating up' a lot since I lived there.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #1777
Big Yapper!

That sucks about Oregon and Washington. I am reading that it's mostly Californian's who have gotten wise. Still, I'll bet there are lots of great opportunities. I don't need to be in a town with a population of 500 to be satisfied. I just want the climate, the views and the ability to go from snowy mountains to high desert to ocean front in less than a days drive.

Glad Molly's getting little bits of time to be herself. Good plan! Night, honey. Stay toasty. Wrote about my day on the horse thread. Won't be copy/pasting to journal. Too much info.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #1778
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was busy with DHs billing today. Was going to catch up on bookwork, but only got that part organized... Exercised... did hair, caught up on house-hold chores.

DH took Molly for a walk, and was able to stop her from chasing & barking at a moose they saw. Its been so hard to deprive her of her running...

Cheryl, you'd probably find some great places in Wa. & Ore... consider the source It'll be fun for you to explore some day, in your camper.

Wt. is starting to drop slowly. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it going that way.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #1779
Big Yapper!

Glad to hear your scale is going in the right direction again. Slow is fine. You don't have far to go, after all. Molly is such a good girl! When she's finally able to run, she's going to break her all-time record. I don't know if I'll ever get a 5th wheel. I was shopping online just for trucks from 2010 up til 2013. Trucks cost a fortune. Maybe I'd be better off with a car that can be towed behind a mini rv. Can get a lot more for your buck.

Have to remember two things, as well. I'm not 30-something anymore and I'm still a single woman. I plan on staying that way, too. 'Nough said.

However I get there, I want to at least spend some time in Oregon, Washington and northern CA. I'd also love to see Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, etc. You only live once. I love all things mountain and river.

Well, I have my sister's pizza birthday party today. I texted my mother to tell her what time I was picking her up. Good think I did cause they neglected to tell me it was going to be at 5, not our usual 4 o'clock. I seem to be out of the loop when it comes to information these days. Just found out yesterday that my sister/birthday girl is moving. Apparently everyone already knew that, too.

Have a lovely Sunday. It's 37 degrees here!
Old 03-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #1780
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
She's so cute! What a beautiful place you have! Lovely! Glad you're doing well .
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #1781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends!
Hope you had a blast with your family & the birthday party Cheryl! So blessed to live so close to them!!
Thanks Julie, it does bring praise to our lips when we look at God's handiwork. Cool thing, the view is always changing with weather & sky... but then again, it does that all over the world & there's beauty to behold everywhere. How have you guys done with finding a church home? Have you found one that 'feels like home' yet? I hope so! Also hope you're able to get back to your satisfying work-outs.
Have to tell a story .... We've had another shrew in the house... been trying to catch him for 3 days... I told Molly "Its your job to get that shrew" & she has been doing her best to comply... Well, tonight we went to visit friends for a few hours & left her in the 'kitty-room' (AKA hot-tub room)... When we got back, there it was, on her bed - dead! Super-Molly!
OH... I also have to pass this good news on to you... my sister in Oregon said she's got 'buds' on her flowering bush!! Spring is coming!!! It really is!!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:29 PM   #1782
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Yay ! Great news about spring "buds" !! I know you are happy about that. I just love the pics. So cool

Glad Molly feels better, she so cute ...

Glad you've been doing good, we got a cold front tonight went from 73 and muggy to 35 and super windy ! I love it hehe....

sleep well !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #1783
Big Yapper!

Molly, you !!! I wish Cissy would work for her supper. WONDERFUL news about the buds! I love the sky too. I look at it as God's canvas. I would never grow tired of your view, Deb.

I am indeed blessed to live near family. Sometimes I'm aware of it, sometimes I'm not and get preoccupied with wanting to uproot and go somewhere more splendid. I think I've been here just about long enough. 12 years is almost twice as long as I ever stay ANYWHERE. I average 6-7 years before I get that itch. If I can do the two years at the farm (in their apartment), it will be exactly 7 x 2.

Time to get ready for work. Hugs to all! Stay warm.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #1784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As I mentioned on Cheryl's page... today was a full day. I was swamped. Got what I could done & the rest will be staring at me tomorrow.
In my quest to get my system working properly I've discovered several seasonings that have health benefits & help in that area too... who'd of known!? LOL...
Mustard-Horseradish-Cumin-Curry-Cayenne
Now, I LOVE HOT... & have been mixing 2 kinds of hot cayenne sauce with my homemade mayo on my hot veggies... started adding Cumin & Curry. Today I picked up the hottest Djon Mustard & Hot horseradish... added them & some olives & olive-juice (good for enzymes)... Yum-yum!! I guess I should mix it all ahead & make a regular salad dressing for myself... instead of being a chemist in the kitchen. Hopefully it will all help.
Molly "thinks" she's gonna get to RUN again... starts 'shaking' after I pick up the mail, in anticipation. I have to let her down. Then when she was out for her 5 minutes... she scared up some moose. Fortunately I had just called her in & she growled at them through the window as they made their get-away.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #1785
Big Yapper!

Molly's going to explode when you finally release her. Better watch out! All bets are off. Moose, beware. Yeah, be careful with your spicy concoctions. Make sure you don't go up in a puff of smoke. I hear that people who eat a lot of spicy food have higher metabolisms. I really have heard that! Try adding Tabasco to scrambled eggs and chicken soup. I love it in those two things. My late hubby turned me onto those. Now I can't eat them without it.

I hope tomorrow is a more relaxing day for you, Debby.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #1786
Blabbermouth!!!

I love spicy food too ! Yours sounds amazing ...... I have TONS of spices and am always trying out new ones ! Cumin and chili powder I love. Cayenne too... yum

Get some rest !
Old 03-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #1787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep... yummy! And it "warms me up" Apparently horseradish is very good for you... supposed to cure colds.
I gave Molly a bone this evening, that's kept her very entertained... when she stopped with that, she watch Dr Pol intently. Now she's back to the hollow bone.

Well, what I've been doing, higher carbs, a bit lower fat & protein, but higher calories... has worked for lowering my wt. this week. Whew! Still working on the regularity, amazing that its still happening, with all the fiber & carbs. My goal is to cut back on taking so much magnesium. I don't like having to be dependent on it, though it appears to be good for you as long as you don't overdose... which I am not sure what number an overdose is.

Work went well today. Getting ahead of the bills & just have one "have-to" to get done tomorrow. So many "extras" coming up lately. And now I find out they "need" me to cut a check for the guest speaker after the service Sunday... I said, hmmm... Sunday's becoming a 'work-day' for me lately... (just sayin).

We had a sunny - FREEZING day today. Hope y'all had good-uns!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #1788
Big Yapper!

It's late. Just want to send a Ttyt!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #1789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So happy my work-week is over.
The African Choir was tonight. We stayed home. DH works too late. I get tomorrow off.
Looks like the warm weather is coming too... supposed to be 30 tomorrow & work its way up over the next few days. Now those "chirping birdies" will have something to chirp about.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #1790
Big Yapper!

YEA!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #1791
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi friends!
Hope you had a blast with your family & the birthday party Cheryl! So blessed to live so close to them!!
Thanks Julie, it does bring praise to our lips when we look at God's handiwork. Cool thing, the view is always changing with weather & sky... but then again, it does that all over the world & there's beauty to behold everywhere. How have you guys done with finding a church home? Have you found one that 'feels like home' yet? I hope so! Also hope you're able to get back to your satisfying work-outs.
Have to tell a story .... We've had another shrew in the house... been trying to catch him for 3 days... I told Molly "Its your job to get that shrew" & she has been doing her best to comply... Well, tonight we went to visit friends for a few hours & left her in the 'kitty-room' (AKA hot-tub room)... When we got back, there it was, on her bed - dead! Super-Molly!
OH... I also have to pass this good news on to you... my sister in Oregon said she's got 'buds' on her flowering bush!! Spring is coming!!! It really is!!
Yes, the beauty of God's creation really does remind us to glorify Him! we're still narrowing it down on the church search. i like one close to home a lot, and dhnis leaning toward one about 25 minutes away. hoping to resolve it soon! i feel like a nomad!
I love horseradish.. to the point where my nose runs and eyes water! I love it on steak! Good for you dropping back down, and mixing up your diet! And so glad spring is coming for you soon! Good job Molly-what about your cat? Our cat used to be the good mouser...

Have a great weekend!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #1792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie!
Oh good, glad you're getting it narrowed down for a home church!
Our cat is not free to come in the house, just the hot-tub room & I carry him into the family room for cuddles sometimes... so he hunts outside. (cats & mostly wood finishing ... they like it too much... we don't want it scratched up).
I've never been a horseradish or mustard eater... love Tabasco & Mexican 'hot' ... am quickly being converted to all! I've resorted to making my own salad dressing ahead now... to save all the mixing before each meal.
Yea, its weird because I'm eating more & more carbs to take care of regularity & its moving the scale down... also adding more calories, but cutting some of the protein & fat. Need to figure out my ratio's...
Old 03-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #1793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My spring-forward efforts went really well... went to bed early 2 nights in a row... woke up feeling great... then, getting ready for church, my back went out. So here I am, at home on Sunday morning.
I must need the rest, everything for a purpose... Praying for quick healing.
Well, Molly got in "big trouble" yesterday. DH took her for a walk & they came across some deer tracks. Before he noticed, she took off following them & probably chasing them. He had to run all over to find her, as she didn't appear to hear him calling & whistling (he thinks she chose to ignore)... anyway, after very stern scolding & being sent to the corner for a spell (once they got back)... she really got the message. This morning he took her for a walk & she was SUPER-ATTENTIVE to his every move. I told him that I think she thought she was HIS alpha... guess he's graduated.
Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!
Old 03-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #1794
Blabbermouth!!!

hey Debby , I'm home ! Sorry your back is "out". Man, that's no fun at all. Sorry you missed church too.....

Molly sounds like she is sooo good. Just an occas slip up ! Y'all have done a great job training her.
We watched the sweetest movie while camping 'Hachi - a dog's tale' or something with Richard Gere. Loved it !! You might check it out. About a man and his dog and their deep love for each other. I cried.....

That's weird that increasing carbs make you more regular. Did I read that right ? Just the opposite for me !! If I eat carbs for 2-3 days, my old irregularity ( that I suffered with for YEARS ) comes right back. ;/

Try to rest and enjoy the rest of your weekend !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 03-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #1795
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! So cool that even though its fun to 'get-away' its always so great to get home! Glad you had a good time.
That movie sounds good. Will look for it.
You mean that you're more regular on low carb??? I find that strange... Atkins & low carb has always been hard on my system. Yep, you read that right... more fiber some oatbran, oats, apple & prunes... Pandora just shared a fast flax muffin recipe that I'm going to try too.
Yeah, Molly's super-good... but still learning. Weird thing though, she really pouts for like an hour after she's got in trouble... Shelby didn't do that. Good thing is, that she gets over it & learns from her mistakes.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #1796
Big Yapper!

I hope that racing around wasn't pushing Molly out of her "rest and recuperate" phase. Did she seem to feel worse for the wear after that? Shaming dogs is plenty punishment enough. Have you seen videos of dogs who are being confronted about getting caught doing something? Don't tell me that they don't know what you're scolding them for, either. You can see it all over their faces.

I hope your back is feeling much better. I had to soak in a tub tonight for all my aches and pains. It helped quite a bit but I need a good nights rest now. I hope you get one, too.

I find it odd about Laura's being more regular on LC too, Deb. Happy for you though, Laura! A bonus for being a good girl! Helps the scale to move in the right direction too.

I've seen that movie. It's good in a lot of ways but it breaks my heart. My mother loved it and she kept telling me and my sister to watch it. It's based on a true story, too.

Well, night-night, ladies. I hope we all wake up feeling young and healthy again in the morning.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #1797
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wish! Nope, she is just frustrated that it ended! That girl's got so much energy its dangerous! Definitely scolding works... but ya gotta make eye contact or it doesn't count.
oh... I don't like sad endings!
Have a good sleep~
Old 03-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #1798
Big Yapper!

Definitely. Gotta look her straight in the eye. Sometimes you don't need to even speak. The eyes have it.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #1799
Blabbermouth!!!

how's your back debby ?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #1800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls,
Busy day... had 3 deposits to do at work... took almost the whole shift.

My back was still sore this morning, but I only took one non-asprin-asprin. And then throughout the day it improved. Didn't have to take anymore... when I went to bed last night I realized I'm not supposed to take ibuprofen or muscle relaxants... but I'd forgotten that... so of course my body is inflamed because of it.... so weird how that happens. Funny how pain makes your brain 'forget' things. At least I know what it is & that it will pass. I'm very thankful that my back is good again.
My dentist came over for dinner. We had a delightful visit. DH really likes him too, very likable fellow. He also brought us 3 chunks of fish...
Well, tomorrow I'll be seeing him again... should be my last appointment fixing up my smile.